It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do We Exist Now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Sorry pressed enter by accident. Delete this while I formulate the post.
edit on 5/10/2012 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

This came up about the fear of death. I have been thinking about this for a long time.

Let's assume the time is linear.

Why weren't we born in the past or in the future?

Some theorized that the time is circular or the universe is a closed loop. That still doesn't answer the question.

Why now and not then or in the future?

Even if we lived in the past (our past lives), still doesn't answer the question. Why this particular time? Why not even 1 second later?

We could have been born and died long time ago. Or born in the future.

I think this is a mystery.

Sorry again for the empty thread lol. It was by accident.
edit on 5/10/2012 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Even with the naturalistic explanation (it's all materialistic and the identities are all in brains), it still doesn't answer the question. Why now? Why not in the past? In the future?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
it is

what it is

life is short, hopefully the afterlife/future is even... grander.

we might personalize "now" as special but its simply... impermanent.

time is linear, well at least up until the Singularity / wlz

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Because right now conditions on Earth are ideal to support life, & the Sun's temperature is at the right level in order for the Earth to support life.

In 1 billion years all life on Earth will die out due to the Sun's hydrogen supply running out, during that time the Sun's luminosity will increase thus making life possible to exist on Jupiter's moon or Titan.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

"Some theorized that the time is circular or the universe is a closed loop. That still doesn't answer the question."

No loop is ever closed because theres still a hole in the middle. As to why we are here now, well now is only a perspective, you live in the now because time is a human construct. We are here to experience, thats the meaning of life, it the only logical inference that can explain good and evil. Hope that helps explain the multiverse a little for you. Peace.

edit on 10-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Because right now conditions on Earth are ideal to support life, & the Sun's temperature is at the right level in order for the Earth to support life.

Ok. The universe had all those time to exist. And we have the big bang. They say it happened billions of years ago. Why not trillions or infinitely number of years into the past? We all would have been dead forever. Or why not in the future?

It's like this...

-∞ -------- you here ------- ∞

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

In 1 billion years all life on Earth will die out due to the Sun's hydrogen supply running out, during that time the Sun's luminosity will increase thus making life possible to exist on Jupiter's moon or Titan.

mass extinction could come again, Kaku says the next one 100 times faster/sooner due to human activities

sure some pyrobacteria and other hardy species like roaches n other insects might survive us.lol.at least

but wow, we are contributing to mass extinction including but not just our own but vast world species, and evenmoreso everytime we procreate, and we are quickly overpopulating

edit on 10-5-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Thank you

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

its all happening at the same time ;-)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The point here is that we would be nothing right now. What is the beginning or the end?

I think some of you understand what I was trying to say.

Doesn't matter if you exist now. What I'm trying to say why NOW? The nothingness had all the time (infinite) before you were born. And it had all the time before you were born and die. Why now?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

"Doesn't matter if you exist now. What I'm trying to say why NOW? The nothingness had all the time (infinite) before you were born. And it had all the time before you were born and die. Why now?"

Think of it this way, Time as you or i perceve it is a temporal reference point kind of like a global variable(Programing). You are born at a specific point so that you can experience/influence the moments/events that are pertinent to the stage that the multiverse/program is at. Once you accept that time is transitory you can see even though you exist now, in your next verse you could be born at any time before or after the big bang/crunch.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Your here now because my sub conscience allows it.. Joking. This is a good question that I think everyone has thought about. for all I know you all could just be figments of my imagination along with the past, present, and future. If im am the the only one who actually exists then that above wasn't a joke
(selfish thought huh?)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
and seems we exist now but not for long at this rate...

we're just still on 'our way out':

www.abovetopsecret.com...

^ats topic

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
For you two posters above me, it wouldn't have mattered. Even if I was a figment of your imagination, there's the question again. Why now?

Why aren't we dead long time ago? If the time is linear, we would have been dead long time ago. All is black right now.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

its all happening at the same time ;-)

did you read Zappa's musings on The Big Note? I did, way back, so I don't really recall much but this was part of the story: everything is happening all the time at the same time as there is not something else but now.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Maybe it just comes down to our "current" perception of time... if that makes. It's hard to explain (my opinion of it).

See I have a totally different opinion about time and how it works. Although I never really officially studied physics and can't back up my theories with math etc I believe that time and space is so complex we can't yet really comprehend it.

Take time dilation right? Well I believe that if time dilation exists then negative time dilation must also exist. Although instead of negative time or slowing down leading to negative or reverse time dilation, I think it might just be the opposite. The faster you go the slower your relative time goes right?

So then you hit the threshold of lightspeed and then time stands still. photons are ageless particles that last forever or so we have observed. We are observing light particles that are billions of years old from the furthest of galaxies... So what then if something traveled faster than lightspeed? What would happen to it?

I have thought about time as we know actually reversing!

A black hole seems to lead to know where, well not exactly. I have no actual clue where it goes but consider this;

The velocity of all matter and particles entering the event horizon seem to defy space and time and even draws in light particles (photons) so then could this be faster than light velocity and if so where does it go??

It completely disappears from our view of time and space!

So then to the question of us and why here and why now?

Is it all upto chance? Why were we born now and not 100,1000,10000 years ago, or the same for the future? Is it all random chance?

Perhaps our energy has always existed and will always exist but is part of a greater whole. This might seem way out there and is something just came to me but what if we are all part of the same thing - this universe but as one and whole, not seperate. I have heard theories about that before so obviously it's not a fresh idea but it's something that has grown on me over time.

The vast space, size and energy contained in the universe, from the largest galaxies to the smallest atoms that are capable of immense energy.

The truth is so far beyond us just yet... it's exciting to knwo there is so much more out there but sad to know that it's out of our grasp for now...

edit on 10-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
"everything is happening all the time at the same time as there is not something else but now."

Thats why we call it a multiverse, time is only a construct to stop everything possible from happening at once(The now). Spot on!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Because it's like that and that's the way it is.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Is it all upto chance? Why were we born now and not 100,100,10000 years ago, or the same for the future? Is it all random chance?

Thank you. I was thinking it was by chance. But still there's this festering thought... even if it was by chance, why now? Why not in the past or in the future?

I have often asked christians this. God created us right? He had all the time (infinity). Why now? Why not back then? Why not later?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

We exist now so we can spend all our free time on ATS

Seriously though, I believe that we are existing simultaneously in all Time-Space paradigms. This is probably THE hardest concept for our rational intellects to grasp. I see Time-Space as vertical (not linear), so it's more like this

|
|
|
you/me/everything
|
|
|

You can really only experience the depth of this by getting out of your normal (waking) consciousness. Spirit consciousness reveals all - If you are curious and intent is strong, then do some really intense meditative exercises or if you are of sound mind - heroic doses of psilocybe - McKenna style.

When we sleep we have access to our other lives, wherever they might be, whoever we might be. Connecting all this is our divine self with all of it's universal wisdom - a piece of the source - pure and beautiful. Our incarnate bodies however are not so pure, burdened with Karma and manifested energy.

Sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense. The english language is very limiting in it's ability to convey complex theories and concepts of this nature. Spirit is felt not spoken.

Peace Out

<<   2  3  4 >>

join