It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have A New Definition Of Hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Today I took some young friends of mine to the hospital to see their new born baby that's only a few weeks old. They haven't been able to bring home their baby yet. In short, a couple of years ago they used to run with gangs, then they got into some legal trouble. Now, the CPS has stepped in and said because they got into that legal trouble, they can only have supervised visitations at the hospital and must prove they are worthy to be a parent. I don't understand the full details behind the situation, so I couldn't explain it to you.

So I sat in a waiting room for an hour and a half. I was alone while they went in back to visit their son. They had no magazines, but they did have one TV. However, it was stuck on the Disney Junior channel, and all it showed was bizarre cartoons. I don't know what it is with modern day cartoons and why they must have such bizarre art in them. They don't run with the gangs anymore, and moved to this small town in order to get away from them and make a new life for themselves. They're actually nice people and I help them out from time to time.

So here is my new definition of hell. It has nothing to do with fire and brimstone, but does have some torture in it.

Imagine, being stuck in a hospital waiting room watching bizarre and nonsensical cartoons....

FOR ALL ETERNITY.

And having absolutely nothing else to do but sit and stare at the walls or the TV.

Ugh.

I was really glad to get out of that room when the visit ended.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That's a very childish definition of hell.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

You sound like a very good friend.

I always keep a bunch of crossword puzzles in may car, for just a predicament. Boredom is the scariest thing to me.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

There are many who believe that the realm we are living in right now here on Earth is one of the levels of hell....I am inclined to agree with them.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Which level of hell is this anyway?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Nobody today understands the art of boredom and would find it repulsive. Shame...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I kind of thought you were going to say not being able to bring your new baby home was the hell...........

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

It's not my new baby. It's theirs.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I got that. I thought you were going to say though, that they were going through hell to not have their baby. To me this would be a worse hell than sitting in a waiting room while you were being very generous and giving them a lift.

No good deed goes unpunished ya know. You were nice to give them a ride. Suck it up and give yourself a pat on the back for being kind hearted. Put yourself in their shoes and then tell me whose hell is worse.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Not angry, just frustrated, and just needed to vent.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Nobody today understands the art of boredom and would find it repulsive. Shame...

Agreed,

Boredom is a blessing.

But yes, children's programming is awful. If it's children's programming viewed under the influence of psilocybin, hell is wished for.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sounds like you got stuck watching the adventures of Chowder.
That is a particularly bizarre one.
All the backgrounds are static while the characters move over them. (Hard to explain if you haven't seen it).

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I couldn't tell ya.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I agree childrens "programs" are horrible but how else would you "PROGRAM" un-supervised children to become mindless slaves in 20 years or less?

top topics

join