It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Admits Re-Education Camp Manual "Not Intended For Public Release"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Army Admits Re-Education Camp Manual "Not Intended For Public Release"

www.survivalcentral.net

Fort Leonard Wood Public Affairs director Tiffany Wood has provided the first official response to the shocking U.S. Army document that outlines the implementation of re-education camps, admitting that the manual was “not intended for public release” and claiming that its provisions only apply outside the United States, a contention completely disproved by the language contained in the document itself.

After a reader sent Wood a link to where the manual, entitledFM 3-39.40 Internment and Resettlement Operations (PDF), can be downloaded on thearmy.mil website (but only by military employ
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.dailypaul.com...
www.infowars.com...
edit on 9-5-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm a little leery of this articles since it claims a source from infowars.com.

But can anyone independently verify this?

If true it looks like the shoe has dropped. The camps are real.
As we've known for a while.
And that they are for detention of people.

I've had the nagging suspicion that they will be more like the japanese camps used in the 40's in case we go to war with iran or another muslim country.

But who knows the real use.

Interesting enough is that we can foia documents.

www.survivalcentral.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
At least now Americans will finally get SOME sort of an education.
Also, duh, not meant for public release.

+5 more 
posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

The kicker!!! They are still denying that it implies to Americans, but yet in the document itself, it says prisoners will be identified by their social security number...................sigh.....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

yeah. she just should of said that you need a foia request if you wanted that question answered.
sigh.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Your link isn't working, says 'page removed', dun dun dun.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If you wiah to read it.
publicintelligence.net...

This one is also interesting.
publicintelligence.net...

But I think these are tied to events like Iraq and the Iranians Mek who were in the country. And Mek has turned into one hell of a propaganda machine recently trying to get off the terrorist list.

You can read about MeK here.
www.rand.org...
edit on 9-5-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Fort Leonard Wood is the same place where they recently showed a mock internment facility . . .

thoughtcrimeradio.net...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

No it's because the site uses quotes in the url.
here

www.infowars.com...
www.dailypaul.com...
www.gamespot.com...
gunnyg.wordpress.com...

hope that helps

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
the link to the manual is right in the article
info.publicintelligence.net...
and the illustrative quotes in the article at Infowars are from it

how hard to grok is that?

edit on 9-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The manual has been available for ages - Index

as you can see the manual is about legitimate detention - POW's, civilian internees, military prisoners (ie own military), and refugee operations.

OBJECTIVES

1-13. The objectives of I/R operations are to process, handle, care for, account for, and secure—
■ EPWs. (enemy prisoners of war - ATG)
■ CIs. (civilian internees)
■ RPs. (retained persons - enemy medics, chaplains & red cross & similar personnel)
■ ODs. (other detainee - a person who's status has not yet been determined)
■ DCs. (dislocated civilian - refugees, expelled persons, evacuees, displaced persons, stateless persons, migrants, internally displaced persons)
■ US military prisoners.

1-14. The principles employed to achieve the objectives are according to the Hague Convention (1907), the Geneva Conventions (1949), the Geneva Convention Relative to the Status of Refugees (1951) and its protocol (1967), and current STANAGs. These principles include—
■ Humane treatment and efficient care.
■ Prompt evacuation from the CZ.
■ Provisions for captive or detainee interrogation.
■ Procedures for evacuation, control, and administration of internees with other CS and combat service support (CSS) operations.

the military SHOULD have procedures and policies prepared for this eventuality.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
All aboard the FEMA Express!!! *choo**choo* "Hmmpf... what's making that sickly sweet smell that our cattle car keeps getting closer to??" "Ahh I'm sure it's just a de-lousing station son!"

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

*sigh*

"The Camps" are and aren't real. There are locations in the U.S. that have been identified as strategically viable to place internment facilities. Some of these are old military bases - others are currently privately owned farm land or otherwise unassuming locations.

It should not come as any kind of surprise that the military has put thought into what they would do if they suddenly needed to relocate large numbers of people in the event of an invasion or other contingency operation.

Actually - I have a Secret security clearance (a fact that is classified in and of itself, interestingly enough... someone arrest me). I'll let you in on a little secret.... they're not for people.

They're for aliens.

(Note: A Secret clearance is standard in the military service... I'm nothing special - and the above was stated just for comical relief. Please do not take it too seriously).

I've had the nagging suspicion that they will be more like the japanese camps used in the 40's in case we go to war with iran or another muslim country.

Like Libya... Iraq... Afghanistan....?

Well, obviously, an internment camp is for the internment of people.

Exactly why can vary.

I was part of a command a couple years ago with the mission to mobilize to South Korea in the event a war broke out and set up camps. Some of the camps would be used to hold POWs, others would be used to hold our own miscreants; and the majority would be set up to hold and protect ROK citizens as they awaited evacuation from the AO.

Razor and C-wire isn't polarized - it resists pedestrian traffic equally in both directions.

It's not always as menacing as you would like to think. Trust me... I don't want to come to your house in an attempt to force you into a camp - regardless of that camp's purpose. Chances are that I'm not going to do much more than let you know that a whole lot of bad things are coming your way... and we're helping people get the hell out of Dodge... if you come along - yay. If not... whatever - I would probably be glad for the extra gun barrel levied at the threat (which I should hope to all things Holy you will do if you insist on hanging around).

Of course - if the reason for bringing you in is because you're killing my friends and family.... well, to be honest, I'm not too inclined to put forth the effort in bringing you there in a living status. Fewer people I have to deal with throwing poo at me.

But I really don't expect you'll be causing problems.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
The manual has been available for ages - Index

as you can see the manual is about legitimate detention - POW's, civilian internees, military prisoners (ie own military), and refugee operations.

OBJECTIVES

1-13. The objectives of I/R operations are to process, handle, care for, account for, and secure—
■ EPWs. (enemy prisoners of war - ATG)
■ CIs. (civilian internees)
■ RPs. (retained persons - enemy medics, chaplains & red cross & similar personnel)
■ ODs. (other detainee - a person who's status has not yet been determined)
■ DCs. (dislocated civilian - refugees, expelled persons, evacuees, displaced persons, stateless persons, migrants, internally displaced persons)
■ US military prisoners.

1-14. The principles employed to achieve the objectives are according to the Hague Convention (1907), the Geneva Conventions (1949), the Geneva Convention Relative to the Status of Refugees (1951) and its protocol (1967), and current STANAGs. These principles include—
■ Humane treatment and efficient care.
■ Prompt evacuation from the CZ.
■ Provisions for captive or detainee interrogation.
■ Procedures for evacuation, control, and administration of internees with other CS and combat service support (CSS) operations.

the military SHOULD have procedures and policies prepared for this eventuality.

Yep since 911 I wonder whom is afraid of whom here......
Nice that you used caps on POW's and SHOULD just to stress those two points.
Welcome to the Police state everyone.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I used SHOULD because I think it would be remiss of the military not to have these procedures.

do you think they should not have them? If so why not?

the caps for "POW" are a common thing AFAIK - I fail to see why you think they are important?
edit on 9-5-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by Iwinder

I used SHOULD because I think it would be remiss of the military not to have these procedures.

do you think they should not have them? If so why not?

the caps for "POW" are a common thing AFAIK - I fail to see why you think they are important?
edit on 9-5-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

This POW's now we both know that in the last 10 years of war there have been very few POW's that survive long enough to make it to a pow camp.

It is all or nothing in the middle East right now and there are no prisoners to speak of.

Why does the USA need a capacity for whomever when the need is not there?
During WW2 all they had to do was string up some barbed wire and arm some guards until further means could be built.

This here is an act of preparing ahead of time for millions and millions of people and that makes me nervous and puts my radar on alert.

Nothing good will come of this, how can it?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is a link that people here might find fascinating or downright scary.
Linky below
www.berkeleydailyplanet.com...

Now these look to be legit numbers to me and here they are all for anyone to look at, this is the total number of German POW's in camps in the USA.

The novel did spark my interest in a little-known chapter in twentieth-century history. That is, by 1945 there were 425,000 German prisoners of war living in about 700 camps in 46 states throughout the United States. Nine of them were located in California, one at Camp Angel Island. Camp Ono in San Bernardino held Italian prisoners. About 860 German POWs died during captivity and remain buried in 43 sites across the United States, with graves often tended by local German Women's Clubs.

So now here it is, the biggest and baddest war that ever occurred and the need for prisoner space was very urgent and yet they constructed them as fast as possible.

Not even a half million Germans and for sure many less Japanese, so I ask why do we need a pre-plan for Millions and Millions as Carl Sagan would have said?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Oh boy, camping with the military, its so great to know they aren't going to really use it on American citizens they just included us in the manual cause they didn't want us to feel left out.

I'll bring the smore's

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

So now here it is, the biggest and baddest war that ever occurred and the need for prisoner space was very urgent and yet they constructed them as fast as possible.

Yep - and so??

Not even a half million Germans and for sure many less Japanese, so I ask why do we need a pre-plan for Millions and Millions as Carl Sagan would have said?

where do you get "millions and millions" from?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by grey580

*sigh*

"The Camps" are and aren't real. There are locations in the U.S. that have been identified as strategically viable to place internment facilities. Some of these are old military bases - others are currently privately owned farm land or otherwise unassuming locations.

It should not come as any kind of surprise that the military has put thought into what they would do if they suddenly needed to relocate large numbers of people in the event of an invasion or other contingency operation.

Actually - I have a Secret security clearance (a fact that is classified in and of itself, interestingly enough... someone arrest me). I'll let you in on a little secret.... they're not for people.

They're for aliens.

(Note: A Secret clearance is standard in the military service... I'm nothing special - and the above was stated just for comical relief. Please do not take it too seriously).

Like Libya... Iraq... Afghanistan....?

Well, obviously, an internment camp is for the internment of people.

Exactly why can vary.

I was part of a command a couple years ago with the mission to mobilize to South Korea in the event a war broke out and set up camps. Some of the camps would be used to hold POWs, others would be used to hold our own miscreants; and the majority would be set up to hold and protect ROK citizens as they awaited evacuation from the AO.

Razor and C-wire isn't polarized - it resists pedestrian traffic equally in both directions.

It's not always as menacing as you would like to think. Trust me... I don't want to come to your house in an attempt to force you into a camp - regardless of that camp's purpose. Chances are that I'm not going to do much more than let you know that a whole lot of bad things are coming your way... and we're helping people get the hell out of Dodge... if you come along - yay. If not... whatever - I would probably be glad for the extra gun barrel levied at the threat (which I should hope to all things Holy you will do if you insist on hanging around).

Of course - if the reason for bringing you in is because you're killing my friends and family.... well, to be honest, I'm not too inclined to put forth the effort in bringing you there in a living status. Fewer people I have to deal with throwing poo at me.

But I really don't expect you'll be causing problems.

Absolutely excellent answer .Too much is made of this on the Prepper websites an altho I'm not thrilled with the erosion of civil liberites, sometimes things are what they are. A Disaster Camp is maybe just like the 40's-50's bombshelters were. Preventitive.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join