It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Admits Re-Education Camp Manual "Not Intended For Public Release"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

However if you look at places like china and russia.
You would think the population could rise up at any time and take over.

If you study the history of places like China - they tend to unify for a generation or two under one ruling party and fragment into warring states.

While their history and culture have been destroyed and perverted by the Communist Revolution - their history stands indicative of the reasons why "the people" don't rise up and overthrow those currently in power.

Whether they like it or not - the current system offers functionality (even if less than ideal functionality). However, after you've removed that functionality - how do you establish a new charter?

People rarely know what they want - but they know specifically what they do not want. That means we can usually unite to reject a commonly not-wanted issue.... which is great for overthrowing a single power... but horribly when you're trying to establish a new power (because people will not like one thing or another about each others' ideas and unite behind what they don't want).

I think, innately, many of us understand this concept - and thus find the idea of a revolt/overthrow a very weighty proposition.

Basically - it amounts to... you and I may both "march to Washington" - but upon dismantling the current system... who would be in charge of setting up the next one?

I'm a somewhat cynical person. I don't honestly believe the average person applies their brain enough to be trusted with the power of a vote - much less the power of legislation. I don't believe the average person should sit on a jury - for example; a doctor should be tried by a panel of medical professionals. I do not believe government should be given the power to regulate business (and a federal government that does this is doomed to failing into a fascist state).

There are a lot of things I believe when it comes to government... and people in general. But you're likely to look at me and say: "No! Not going with that!"

And I'll call you retarded, and that we're not doing things your way.

Another person comes up with an idea, and we both tell him to go to hell. We run the communist out on a rail, and lynch the token Nazi.

And that's if we remain civil about it. Since we all just got done fighting a revolutionary war... it's likely we'll be inclined to just fall back on the strategy of killing that which opposes us.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
obv iously theyre hiding something then

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

That's crap. People don't not rise up against governments because they are more worried about who's going to govern next.

And I think you're crazy that you say that government should not regulate business.
Business regularly kills people for a profit.
By it's very nature it needs regulation.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join