It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a creature? Or a thing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This video has a membranous... thing, in it.
On the one hand it looks like a man made construct of some sort-especially since it is mostly translucent and no organs are visible. Then the "white" area becomes visible and made me think of some sort of jelly fish or plasmodial slime mold.

Suggestions?

Around 4:30 or so, it looks like organs such as a mouth/anus combination common to jelly fish. Beyond that...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Whoa! At first I thought it was just a plastic bag floating by. I couldn't stop watching. It was almost hypnotic. It looks like it came straight from that movie The Abyss. I have no clue what that creature could be. Deff a living organism.

Edit: Awesome Dr. Venture avatar btw

edit on 11/17/2010 by TopherWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
What the heck is that!!!!!!!!!!
Its like some new animal???
Maybe a mutant from the poisons?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Well I can honestly say I've never seen one of those before! Its huge! It certainly looks organic, at first I thought it could be some sort of discarded industrial plastic floating around but then its movements and stretching gave it away.

Toward the end of the video where its innards are exposed I too think it looks like some kind of jellyfish. Maybe a monstrous mollusc of some sort?

Interesting video OP, thanks!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
That's wild as hell. Looks like a cross between a jellyfish and some large amoebic.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Lemme take a stab at this.

I am willing to bet it is some sort of insides of a shark or whale, or large fish. Fish guts, IMO.

When you live around canneries and the fishing industry you get to see a lot of transparent fish guts floating by in the water. At first I was watching and going WTF! but as it unfolded and I got a good look, that is exactly what it reminded me of.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Interesting idea..
The thing that made me hesitate in regards to a jellyfish is the absence of tentacles/whips.
Second idea was some sort of gigantic protist of something like a Plasmodial slime mold.

It is difficult to tell if its movements are movements or just current impacting. Around 4:30 though it definitely looks like innards similar to jelly fish with the mouth/anus combination.

Know if there are any pics we could compare it to say a shark or whale stomach? (The membrane did have sort of a tripe appearance to it, but before accepting that I would like to compare with some other things
)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
looks like it might be found here
jellieszone.com...

a gelatinous sea creature at a depth where pressure is flattening it out some
not necessarily a jelly fish, there are quite a few variations on the theme

edit on 8-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

some nice photos there
like this one
Heteropod (Class Gastropoda)
Carinaria japonica
wrobelphoto.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ill give it a thorough lookover shortly. I am at work and in the middle of something.

Thanks for the links though

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
See? That is what you get. Throw a million barrels of corexit in the ocean and cook it with all those becquerels of radiation again. And see what happens next time. Yeah. Go swimming at the beach now. I dare you.

link   
one of the video commens suggested a whale placenta, but the very end of he video, there seems to be some deliberate movements, so that doesn't fit either

link   
Its innards reminded me of the razor clams I used to go catching with my grandad on the beach when I was a kid.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, allow me to offer a kooky possibility: I noticed that sometimes one portion of the 'thing' moves over/against another portion and seems to meld into it, forming another section. Also, the mebrane-appearing area seems to change.

If this were an oil pipeline, it's probably fairly deep.............. cold, great pressure, also. Could this be superchilled crude roiling in the current? Maybe with a healthy dose or corexit mixed in?

Very cool video. I imagine classical music put to it, like Claire De Lune.
edit on 8/5/12 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
strange hexagonal pattern in the membrane....find that on a known sea creature and we'll be closer to finding out whats up

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Very weird... One one hand it sort of looks like water loged garbage. But it really has some organic characteristic, especially when the white fleshy part becomes visible. The thing that seems odd to me and that has me leaning to something organic/alive. Is it doesen't seem to be at the mercy of the currents, it seems to be self propelled. Then again it could just be the submersible is following it... Like at the end where either the "creature" dives or the camera is going up. Without reference it's hard to tell.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

You know when I first started watching the video oil was the first thing that popped into my head. It had a shiny oily look to it.

Later though it shows some appendages which made me rethink.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
the second link i posted above looks just like it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That thing is [SNIP] sexy.... I wanna touch it...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

No it does not. This is what you posted in the second link.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Having watched hours of footage of the ROV's in the Gulf during the Deepwater disaster, I can tell you that while I think I might have seen some independent movement by this thing, most of the movement appears to be caused by the ROV thrusters. At one point there was a huge movement just as it looked like this thing was going to drape itself over the ROV, which was the thrusters being fired so that didn't happen.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join