It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a creature? Or a thing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

I have to agree with you............. The bit between 4:00 and 5:00 seems to remain intact and just consolidates rather than merging. Great pressure can cause odd changes in surface tensions and such. Probably biological.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Too me it looks like the transition of species.

A jellyfish squid type hybrid. Like the step in between
When earth has collapsed once more, these little creatures will create the next generation squids

Beutifull how you can see the cell structure in his skin!

At the and he/she is hungry/angry/horny

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I could be wrong about this of course, but I would think any oil of viscous substance like that would not return to similar patterns or shapes when it "merged" or 'separated'. This thing definitely seems to have its own delineation on its approximate shape.

Sort of a similar reason I discounted a PSM-it moved too fast and maintained a shape under stress/returned to its shape.

Still, even if it turns out to be a garbage sack full of stale mcdonalds food... this thing is awesome.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

I did a search but couldn't find anything that looked like it for fish guts.

Guess seeing fish guts floating by isn't that cool of a thing to photograph.

Could be that it is not fish guts, but that is what it reminded me of. Especially the transparency, and when it unfolded at about 4:30.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
My first thought was a loose, fine trawling mesh.
Then I saw the hexagonal structuring, which does not look uniform enough to be man-made.
I think that it is a membrane from a carcass. It just has the look about it. There is something called "caul fat", which is a membrane with a fat matrix. It is used in cooking (bleah!) to wrap things. That was my first impression.
Another poster supplied a link to a gallery of jellies. The one most like the unknown has too much structure and symmetry.
And it is labeled a plankton. Which brings up an important part of the puzzle that is missing: some sense of scale. Is it a foot across or 20 feet? Or maybe just a few inches? Without knowing the size, it will be impossible to identify. And things in the extreme deep when shown in pictures look huge, but are usually just a few inches across.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
reply to post by Danbones

No it does not. This is what you posted in the second link.

there are quite a few variations of heteropods and other gelatinious creatures on that site
odds are its one of them
edit on 8-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
and we get reminded there are original ideas all the time....what an amazing creature, it's most definitely alive imo and I'm glad some one brought up about the pattern too, weird!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
UNDERWATER CREATURE

All jokes aside, the texture of it doesn't fit with the placenta explanation IMO.
Underwater rouge tumor?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Wow..that thing was wierd. How far down was this filmed at? I went to youtube and watched the video but there doesnt seem to be much information about it avalible. At first watching it I thought it looked like a piece of sheer cloth floating around in a current. Then in other spots it looked like it was moving on it own but IDK.
It could be a type of jelly fish creature we havent seen before the ocean is a big place.
But hey, cool find!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This looks like the one they caught on a vid i saw here on ats a while back, they actually caught one and had it in a bin. If i remember correctly it had the same pattern on it too. I would post a link but im on a ps3 and i cant copy and past, and i cant remeber what thread title was it was a while ago.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I agree. If you look at the "appendage" on both with something coming out of it, they are very similar. I belive you have it solved - I learned something new today - thanks!

CJ

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Oh WOW!

At first, it looks like a thin piece of silk cloth, ebbing and flowing throughout the water.

Then, I believe at around 2 minutes or so, it expands a little, and you can see what looks like scales almost, and then you know it's some sort of membranous creature.

But with no eyes, gills or anything of recognition!

S&F

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Reply to post by Darkblade71

Yes it does look like guts, wasn't there another thread with a creature
That kids caught that ended up being shark guts? I think this happens alot.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Lemme take a stab at this.

I am willing to bet it is some sort of insides of a shark or whale, or large fish. Fish guts, IMO.

When you live around canneries and the fishing industry you get to see a lot of transparent fish guts floating by in the water. At first I was watching and going WTF! but as it unfolded and I got a good look, that is exactly what it reminded me of.

That's what I thought also.It seemed to be moving a lot but I could see other stuff floating by so it may have just been currants moving it around. It looked like an air bladder out of a fish.

With nothing for scale I can't tell if it was 30' wide or 6".

Don't all jellyfish have tentacles?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well, if someone can positively identify that thing, I'd sure appreciate it. It's the creepiest thing I've ever seen. Reminds me of a few of the more interesting 'red shirt killer' monsters in the first Star Trek series. Except of course, this one if is an Earth Ocean. What a deal too. Look how it's almost liquid with the water around it, rather than a fish or Squid or even Manta Ray.

I'm a bit off normal for the schedule and sleep issues of term papers and finals prep, but I felt a little nauseous looking at this thing too... I have no doubt it 'looks' intelligent and very aware and interactive to the ROV. (that doesn't mean 100% sure it is...)

Kinda like sharks bump prey and other critters in the water check each other out. Something about that though just creeps me out. A lot.

So whats the official biological name for that bag of whatever it is?
edit on 8-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Curious and beautiful in an odd, creepy sort of way. I like it, of course. That hexagon-like pattern on the 'mantle' does look like a tripe if it were floating in water, but the way it undulated and moved in the water made it seem like a living creature. We are finding new creatures all the time...perhaps this is yet another one. Wouldn't want to meet it face to...err... whatever though. Bet it would be hard to escape that.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

It seems to be a Giant Sea Slug, possibly of the Elysia chlorotica species

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Very intriguing and oddly soothing. I thought oil blob like some at first and then someones silk sheet or water bed lining even a weather balloon. I noticed the patterns in the membrane
which made me think of flexible tissue. I am not sure what a whale amniotic sac looks like or what the cord and placenta would look like in those conditions but it was a thought.

My inner voice clouded with my discomfort towards jellyfish however, instantly screamed and declared the mother from the planet the jellyfish come from is here.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wow that's eerily beautiful. Cool find OP I'll do a bit of digging and see what I come up with.

Anyone else want to poke it with a stick?

Laughed pretty hard at the top comment.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
See? That is what you get. Throw a million barrels of corexit in the ocean and cook it with all those becquerels of radiation again. And see what happens next time. Yeah. Go swimming at the beach now. I dare you.

Lol.. See's animal in the ocean never seen before.

Hides from ocean.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join