It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Seismograph Says: Big Earthquake Eminent

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Not to worry. As long as you do not make claims that that it WILL happened, you are guilty of nothing.

Sometimes, its often better than to be pre-warned, so that more lives may be saved, more so if one or one's closed one had the experience and proven.

There are many issues that science had not proven yet, but that does not mean unexplainable issues do not exists. To fully trust today's science is no more than complacency. Many things can change over time and prove predictions wrong,not just analytical hubris of humanity's elites, but simply chained triggered events, of both natural and 'unnatural' causes.

Mankind often depended on its 5 senses to derive reality, and had served well enough. But when the 6th sense is cried out, we humanity must not simply brush it aside and say it is absolute nonsense, for we today know not enough of this '6' sense to be any authority on it, regardless if is existant or non-existant, as events through our course of civilisation had proven.

Cassandra of Troy, Nostradamaeus, Cayce amongst many more other unknowns, had proven such insights do exists.

While we need not live in fear of that day, for it may happen some time before or after, we mankind only need to take precautions, to be correctly instinctive leaving none behind when such events come to pass and its aftermath.

Cheers!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Is he really named Toph?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

That is interesting, I have never heard that before. I know some people say that the moon has no effect on what the earth does, but if it affects the tides, and there is liquid under the earth in places, could it not exert a pull on underground aquifers and streams? Interesting, I shall look into it in greater detail. Thanks!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If anything maybe it made some people realize they need to enjoy their life more and get out. Nothing makes you feel more alive than to think doom is about to happen, and then it doesn't. Tyler Durden style.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

Thanks for that. Our senses are like receivers, and a host of variables can affect how they work and how we interpret the input. There are a few deaths of people I have loved that happened many many years ago, and I tend to try and not think about them, because I will still cry about it. Time is relative, as are emotions.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Des. Your kind and unwavering support makes the thumps on the head easier to take.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Atisha

How do I put this nicely.....What the heck are you talking about? There are posts that come out of left field, and there are posts that come right from outer space....Yours is the latter.

Please elaborate, you appear to be writing in some kind of riddle that only you understand. I will be happy to respond if you clarify what it is you are asking me.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I have always enjoyed your threads/posts and found this thread to be very interesting. Bet your husband never imagined his booty would get so much attention on ATS. I too have feel tiny shakes while sitting in a chair but I've never really tied it happening to anything.

Your thread did remind me of a video I saw after the Mexico earthquake. A crew was filming at Devils Hole in Death Valley when the earthquake struck and created a "tsunami in the desert."

This planet is amazing!

Thanks again for the thread.
OiO
edit on 9-5-2012 by OneisOne because: typo

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by parksh

Thanks Parksh! You are a class act, and I appreciate the support.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
agreed!
but when you tell me you can send sound I want to send my ship designs in.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Atisha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Wish I could have seen the sun rainbow. Some cameras don't catch these type of phenomenon well at all. See, when you say you saw it, I BELIEVE YOU. You will never catch me writing that silly catch-phrase "Pics or it didn't happen".

And, you know, it doesn't matter what you post about. You could start a thread on the pleasures of eating ice cream, and you'll get posters who say that you're a racist if you prefer vanilla over chocolate, posters who will flame you and say that ice cream is for bourgeoisie fat cats who sup on the sweat of the blue-collar workers who made it, posters who will say that only gelato or frozen yogurt is worth posting about, posters who will assume that you are a 600 pound pig because you like it, posters who will say that you are only imagining that it tastes good....And posters who will agree with you.

Starting a thread on something that hasn't happened yet, and may not happen, almost requires you to wear an asbestos suit in anticipation of the flamage, ridicule and derision you are certain to receive.

I would look forward to you starting a thread on any predictions you feel may happen. You can count on my support!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
It still seems abnormally quiet in South America to me, but that's just my personal opinion.

It ain't just South America. There hasn't been a single quake in over a week now, anywhere on Earth, with a magnitude of 6.0 or greater. Let me just research when the last one was... May 1st, 6.0, just west of Guatemala. Apr 28th is the last one before that; 6.7, near Fiji. Maybe the quiet isn't that unusual, but I'll tell you what is.

April 11th, 2012, was the first time in history that two 8.0+ quakes struck on the same day (both of them in the same spot that 9.0 "Christmas Tsunami" quake occurred in 2004). That didn't even happen on 3/11/2011. This research is fascinating, so I'll continue to share. 8.0+ quakes have always been recorded; their database goes back to the 19th century, but all the results fit on one screen. Here's the interval between each such large quake...

1899: 6 days between two events in early September. This was highly unusual. 1 year to the next one, Oct. 1900. Then 3 years, then another 3 years, then 13 years, then 11 years, then 8 years, then 6 years, then 5 months, then 5 years, then 2 years, then 5 years, then 9 years (taking us up to 1985), then 1 year, 3 years, 4 years, 1 year... and after 1994, there are only 4 years without one ('97, '99, '02, and '08). There were two each in 2004 and 2006, four of them in 2007, and two on 4/11/2012. Would you call that "acceleration?" I sure would.

The planet is clearly becoming less and less stable over time, less "structurally sound" as it were, and signs do not point towards it improving. Quite the opposite. I wonder how much it'd cost to move to Mars, where geological activity is firmly a thing of the past... but anyway, given that kind of seismic history, I get nervous every time there's a long lull. Such as now. And then to find dozens of people on here all saying they're getting precognitive hints of a coming Big One, and in spots all over the world, and finding themselves preparing without even knowing they're doing it, well... it makes me wanna quit my job and move to an Amazon jungle or something. But I can't leave friends and family behind to save my sorry behind. They won't believe anything Big is coming any time soon, no matter what convincing I try. My parents are octogenarians; not all that mobile. Sister lives 1000 miles away. So whatever happens, wherever it happens, here in Austin is where I'll wade through it. I don't even have a passport, credit card, or cellphone...

I'll quit now; I'm rambling. Us writers tend to do that. ("We writers"? oh, who cares.)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Wow! That was awesome! Apparently, Devil's Hole shows when there are earthquakes, even thousands of miles away:

Devils Hole is a window into this vast aquifer and an unusual indicator of seismic activity around the world. Large earthquakes as far away as Japan, Indonesia and Chile have caused the water to 'slosh' in Devils Hole like water in a bathtub. Waves may spash as high as two meters up the walls, sweeping clean the shallow shelf so important to the pupfish.

www.nps.gov...

Again, something new that I have learned. Thanks!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If I were face to face with somebody I wouldn't be shy to ask them to clarify their language. The reason we have developed words with accepted meanings is so that we can clearly communicate. And the reason we discuss these things is to improve each other, not to "flame." If the meanings of words are no longer important, how could we ever hope to express our ideas to one another?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Thanks for the stats. The earth does appear to be in a destabilization mode currently.

And, like you say, what can be done, other than to make sure you have extra items like food, water and medicine on hand just in case? Austin typically doesn't get earthquakes, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Because you're in Austin, if it ever gets crazy and you see salt water coming up the road, you can always try to get in a boat and go west. Up here on the caprock, we're at 4,000 ft elevation.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
He asked if perhaps we lived close to some railroad tracks, and I said there aren't tracks for at least 50 miles.

I'm just curious as to why your husband wouldn't know himself whether he lived near railroad tracks or not.

I found that odd

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Google Earth fixes that up right quick. As for me, I live near train tracks that are still used and there is no mistaking the sound of the train at night, even though I also live near a noisy highway.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Do you think it's possible the Earth could somehow break up into pieces? And what would happen after, would gravity keep the chunks close together in an orbit around the sun? Lookout Luna!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I checked IRIS and just as I thought, quiet for awhile then lots of little ones so I wouldn't be surprised to see a large one coming soon.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Sometimes errors are made. It was pointed out much earlier yesterday evening by a poster that my use of "eminent" was incorrect, and I agreed. Thereafter I used the correct term, "Imminent" from then on, and thanked them for their constructive criticism. I did not, however, correct the initial title, due to the flood of comments coming in that I felt it was my duty to respond to.

Did you read that part? I know many posters don't read the entire thread and rush right to the end to make their point, but it would have saved you some time and trouble. BTW, after a certain amount of time, ATS no longer lets you edit what you have posted.

There is gently letting somebody know that the spelling of the word is incorrect in the context in which it is used, and there is flaming. I do feel you were flaming. Intimating that I probably didn't know the difference between the two words is definitely flaming, as well as rude and insulting.

Not exactly constructive. I agree that it is important to use proper spelling and grammar, but lighting the whole forest on fire because one tree is crooked serves no purpose.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join