It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Seismograph Says: Big Earthquake Eminent

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sorry, I missed that bit in the reading of the thread. When I first logged onto the forum, the title appeared quite large on the main page as it still does, so new viewers are confused. I like reading your material and regret the way my language allowed my meaning to be mistaken.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Then y'all haven't been out here to west Texas. There are very few rail lines through here, and in order to thoroughly explore this area, it would take many hours and a few tanks of gas in the truck. In fact, since we moved here a year ago, and have only one vehicle, I do most of the driving, so I actually have done much more exploring around here than hubby has.

In a city, that would be a valid question, but when you live in areas where roads cross only every 10 miles or so, and the roads are very few and far in between, it is possible that there may be tracks somewhere and you wouldn't know it unless you have crossed them.

The only railroad tracks I have actually noticed are really far away to the northeast in a little town called Levelland, because there are oil fields, grain silos and what used to be a corn ethanol plant.

Besides, as I pointed out, he is an Aspie, and tends not to notice things that don't interest him. He asks me crazy questions like, "Do we have a pair of scissors?", when there have been two pair of scissors in a holder in the kitchen staring him in the face every day.

Hope this answers your question.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
" off the oregan coast" has frequent quakes. It's hardly a prediction.

Unless the precise location can be pinpointed, no earthquake spoken of beforehand can be considered a sucsessful prediction . On average there are about 6 quakes over 6.0 in any given week. So anybody can say, I see a major quake coming within next few days and get it right.

Give locations, then it is something and can be of assistance for advance warning to save lives. Otherwise what is the point of it? Any of us living in the ring of fire are aware major quakes are always imminent. There isn't much you can do, unless you want to hide under a table 24 hours a day, just in case one hits. Who is gonna do that?

We are supposed to have emergency kits prepared to last 72 hours, know what to do to protect ourselves when one is happening. That is all that can be done. It isn't the quake that kills you, it's usually heavy furniture or buildings or overpasses etc, toppling onto you.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm conflicted, obviously I don't want anything serious to happen but then again it would be great to know this was for real...then again if it was it would defy all things logical and you would probably never see your husband again once the government take him away for experiments.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Give locations

Based on what I have read.... this mega quake should be larger than 9.0 on the scale and will occur
88.4 miles SSW of Portland.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Ok fair enough.
I've never been to Texas
I live near a major city.

edit on 9-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

No problem. There are a few posters on here who initially came off rude and gruff, and when confronted, they were surprised and admitted they didn't realize they were coming off that way, and just wanted clarification.

We're cyber-friends now. Sometimes people's methods of communication don't mesh with others, but smoothing out the edges makes every clearer.

I appreciate your response and hope that we are now "cool" with each other. Enemies are easy to make online, friends a bit harder. I hope I can count you as a cyber "friend" now....doesn't mean you have to agree with everything I write, but now I know that you are a nice person, because if you weren't, you wouldn't have come back to help me understand where you were coming from.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

I have had this dream too, except I'm either reading about a huge earthquake onATS or I am looking at the global incidents map and there is a huge EQ in either Hawaii or Gulf of Alaska...It kind of freaks me out because when I wake up I can't tell if it was dream or if I saw it the night before...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by violet

Give locations

Based on what I have read.... this mega quake should be larger than 9.0 on the scale and will occur

Is this on the thread here? By the OP?
I havent read every post in this thread. I read her posts last night to check. I will look again. 9.0 is mega quake. I would feel that in my location. What time should I expect this?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MushroomWig

LOL. Based on the number of responses to this thread from people that have unusual physical symptoms before a quake, that's an awful lot of people to have to be rounded up and tested.

Besides, his feeling vibrations in the floor doesn't help, because there is no pin-pointing of direction or precognition of where any potential quake might strike. It could be anything causing it, but he has nailed some in the past, he just doesn't know where.

The earth is always shaking somewhere. If he got the date, magnitude and location correct, that would be freaky indeed. But he doesn't, and who knows what he felt yesterday? Things got a bit more active after he felt it, and maybe that's all it was. Certainly nothing for the government to care about.

So, government, if you're reading this, GO AWAY. NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Nah. It's already broken into pieces, but they're no thicker than the skin of an orange. It's only the lithosphere (crust and mantle) that's fractured; if the cracks went much deeper than that, the earth would already be an asteroid belt. The most likely event as catastrophic as that is a pole shift, where that outer skin starts sliding around on the hotter liquidy areas it's sitting on. (The more time that passes, the more reality starts to resemble the movie "2012"...) So, continents going flying off into space? Not too likely. But they sure can move around a lot.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
only if I didn't reverse engineer them...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I love how people act infallible. Sure, ya are never wrong. In this case someone was actually brave enough to put themselves out there, for all to scrutinize. Bravo to the OP for having the courage to may be wrong.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Is this on the thread here? By the OP? I havent read every post in this thread. I read her posts last night to check. I will look again. 9.0 is mega quake. I would feel that in my location.

You're not mistaken. That tidbit was not in this thread. I said that was based off of what I have read... meaning from other sources.

Because all this talk of an EQ off the west coast is not that new.

What time should I expect this?

That seems to be the question that no one can answer. I want to know just as much as everyone else.
edit on 9-5-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I suppose I could have looked on Google Earth, but he asked me nonchalantly while I was busy doing something else, and my answer was "I don't think so", and we let it go at that.

There are huge expanses of land out here with nothing but dirt roads, and many of them are on private land. That's what's so great about out here, you can hide out in plain sight. Fed Ex cannot even find us.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Thanks Covert. Never let it be said that I am timid when it comes to potentially embarrassing myself.

It helps to remember that not even God is infallible. I remember my oldest daughter, when she was six years old, trying to comfort me over something I screwed up over and was feeling really bad about. She said, "Don't feel bad, Mommy, not even God is perfect."

I was intrigued by this statement from my little girl, so I asked her, "Why do you say that?"

Her response: "Well, if God made you, and you aren't perfect, then there's no way He could be."

I didn't have a come back for that one. Out of the mouths of babes!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

edit on 9-5-2012 by Sailor Sam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

The potential of a huge quake off the Oregon /Washington coast is a frightening one. It has happened in the past, and created not just death and destruction of the coast line, but also sent a killer tsunami wave all the way to Japan:

With Satake's help -- and the precise record-keeping of the Japanese -- Atwater was able to prove that the Cascadia Subduction Zone off the coast had violently erupted on the evening of Jan. 26, 1700, and sent Japan a killer wave.

Multiple records of the event in Japan gave Atwater the ability to nail down the event to within hours. It was a stunning piece of detective work (which Atwater is in the process of turning into a book complete with many of the Japanese documents) that altered the Northwest's tectonic identity, tsunami detection methods and seismology.

www.seattlepi.com...

312 years is but a blip on the geological scale of time. The Cascadia zone is overdue, but it is like the Sword of Damocles hanging over the head of the residents there. Some day the thread that holds the sword will break, but who knows when!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Atisha

Well, make your ship and fly it over here. I'll wave to you as you pass overhead.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by violet

Give locations

Gosh, I really hope not.
I live near Portland. Although if it is going to happen, there isn't anything I could do about it,
so really no reason to worry.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join