It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kelly Thomas Video Finally Released

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
this is why you do not resist arrest
Its called shut up and lawyer up..

now why you do this so these
guys cant get off on beating you up
this guy in the video is a complete
moron..

he should of shut up let them apes arrest him and let his lawyer
do the dirty work

he fell right for what they were wanting to do

For those of you do wrapped up in the emotion of the situation to let logic and reason in to play. You should know that the above poster is clearly a troll. Everything in that post is engineered to garner a response from you. And you fell for it. Smh. Why ats why?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Murder.

There isn't much more to say about it.. except that the city and police department did all they could to cover it up.. It's simply murder, premeditated murder.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Burn in hell you #ing pigs! We have to stop killer cops! These jerks were acting like thugs looking for a fight from the start! How much would you like to bet these murderers had some giggles after the fact?

They both deserve to spend the remaining days of their lives in prison! We must stand up for our fellow man, and hold those who abuse power accountable!

It is very clear that the entire incident could have been avoided, but it seems that the fat bastard with a night stick was itching for a fight. I hope he has a prison fight everyday for the next 50 years!

edit on 8-5-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is without doubt one of the most horrifying things to witness and hear, even through a computer monitor. The chilling cries for his father and later cries asking for his dad's help, over an over.

The most terryfying parts of the video, for myself, were the clearly audible sounds of blood filling his air way and ratlling around as he choked on it.

The nost horrifying aspects of the entire video, from my perspective, was hearing the sound of his voice at the beginning, the higher than average pitch of his voice, then later into the video, where he was again begging for his life, only this time his voice had become incredibly deeper as it seemed we were hearing the severity of damage inflicted on his neck, thorax, and vocal cords. Absoultely disgusting! Simply by being human, this man earned more than legal justice, I just wish we were allowed to settle up on that debt

It is sickening to watch and not be able to reach through the screen to help this guy. I am sure almost everyone who views this will, at some point during the film, have the desire to disable the officers any way possible - I know I justified actions to myself while thinking about cracking each one of these cops over the head, in order to get them off him.

It's even more troubling when you realize this type of behaviour is not localized to one region or even one group of corrupt police officers, instead it is prevalent throughout the U.S.A. and many other parts of the world.

My ex-gf would say that I am making this about me when I write the following, but I wanted to share.

I few years ago at a local bar, I was watching a college football game between Tennessee Volunteers andthe Alabama Crimson Tide.

I rode with a friend and about 3/4 through the game I realized 2 things; 1. I had now become completely drunk and 2. my friend was no where to be found (learned later his on/off girlfriend showed up and he left with her).

Being stupidly drunk, I felt the only option I had was to drive home. So when the game was over I got in my car and headed off. I was pulled over on the way home, under suspicion of DWI. I have no complaint about this part of the story, in fact, the arresting officer could have easily saved my life or the life of another by arresting me and getting my drunk butt off the highway.

I was asked to perfrom a field sobriety test and asked to give a blood test, I refused both and was picked up by a police van. Because the detention facility was a distanct away, the van driver had to make several other pick-ups along the way.

These other pick-ups turned into a 6 hour trip in the back of the van, which 3 hours in had me screaming to the driver that I had to whizz terribly bad.

The next 3 hours I spent screaming to the driver that I had to use the bathroom. Being completely ignored, I decided I had to get some relief and proceeded to urinate in the back of the police van.

I guess this could be labeled as one of my not so lucky night, because when the rear doors opened I realized that we had just arrived at the penal farm.

Seeing the urine flowing out of his van, the driver became furious and called for assistance in removing me. The punched me in the stomach until I double over, out of breath, then they each grabbed an arm and drug me through my piss... almost can't say I blame them for that part - other than the fact I begged for hours to use the restroom.

They took me through the intake garage, emptied my pockets, took my shoes, etc. The brought me into the secure side of the intake cell, once they determined I was clean of any contraband.

It really never crossed my mind that anything else would happed as a result of turning the police van into an outhouse, but I could not have been more wrong.

Without warning I was whacked in my knee and again in my shin, with no notice what-so-ever. As I fell to the tiled intake floor 3 more officers/jailers trounced me and all four of them tried to beat the pee out of me, but there was none left, so they just kept beating on me. The whole time wringing my arm up behind me back, causing my left hand to touch my left should - from behind, and screaming, 'Stop resisting, stop resisting!', leaving me to reply only, 'I'm not resisting!'

This went on for about 3-4 minutes before I was thrown into a private holding cell while I was being booked. I passed out, partly from the drunk and party from the beat down. I awoke to find my face severely swollen all over, 0 use in my left arm, and a 2.5 inch gash on my neck - about 1/8" - 1/4" deep, requiring several stitches, which I never received because of waiting too long between the initial cut and arrival at the first aid office.

I literally did nothing to provoke attacks from the officers. I whizzed in their van, not on them, no physical threat through combative force, no resisting, etc.

I tell this story because, prior to this incident I was unaware of the tactics used by police when they want to beat someone and get away with it.

Since the incident I notice a pattern of 3-10 officers diving onto the perp and issuing their brand of instant justice on the suspect, the whole time yelling, 'Stop resisting' repeatedly. This seems to be the common link all these excessive force scenarios have between them, as if the officers are trained on how to beat the hell out of someone and get away with it legally.

Maybe it is just some unofficial agreement cops have between one another, I am not sure, but whatever it is, it sucks it hard and needs to stop. We can't continue allowing our sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, friends, etc to be brutally beaten and murdered by the brutes we call 'Peace Officers'

edit on 8-5-2012 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I don't know who scares me more, the small percentage of Cops who are bad or the Cop Haters. For all intents and purposes they are the same people in different circumstances. Both want to control everyone else and are willing to break the law to do so. Like I said, same people exactly.

The Officers were charged and that should be mentioned here for those who will not bother to watch the tape or catch up with the story.

Ramos and Cicinelli are charged in Kelly’s death -– Ramos with second-degree murder and Cicinelli with involuntary manslaughter. Both have pleaded not guilty.

From what I could see and gather from the tape and transcripts, only the two were in the wrong. The Officers that arrived later were lied to and just tried to help out, not knowing what had happened.

I did notice from the transcript that one of the Officers said his correct name and knew it all along. Sad, truly sad. Even sadder that people just as dangerous as those two rogue officers will use it to further their own agenda's and as an excuse for their own bad behavior. Always works that way. Nobody wins.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Did you see that pool of blood? These guys knew exactly what they were doing. I have a tough stomach but even I was squemish watching that. There was absolutely no reason to do that. Don't know if there's a hell, but I do know that these guys are going to hell.

P.S. I do know there's a Hell because Jesus says so.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Very sad.

Why did they need so many officers in the first place? the guy was skinny looking and didn't seem like a threat at all. Are these cops really that bored?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
These jack booted thugs need to be behind bars for the rest of their lives. If that was my son being beaten like that, they would wish for prison when I was through with them.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
From Wikipedia: Degrees_of_murder_in_the_United_States:

First degree murder is any murder that is willful and premeditated. Felony murder is typically first degree.[5]

Second degree murder is a murder that is not premeditated or planned in advance.[6]

Voluntary manslaughter sometimes called a "Heat of Passion" murder, is any intentional killing that involved no prior intent to kill, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed." Both this and second degree murder are committed on the spot, but the two differ in the magnitude of the circumstances surrounding the crime. For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be mitigated to voluntary manslaughter.[7]

Involuntary manslaughter stems from unintentional, but criminally negligent behavior. A drunk driving-related death is typically involuntary manslaughter. Note that the "unintentional" element here refers to the lack of intent to bring about the death. All three crimes above feature an intent to kill, whereas involuntary manslaughter is "unintentional," because the killer did not intend for a death to result from his intentional actions.[8]

So in my opinion they should have been charged with first degree murder and voluntary manslaughter. They are supposed to know how much force to apply, they did not stop, they were not nervous at all.
And by the way if the guy ran, it's clear he did it because it saw that it was going to get hit no matter what he was going to do.

We don't pay police to kill us but to PROTECT us.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Living in Fullerton has been quite an eventful time.

The Pickets have stopped due to the city deciding to do "construction" in front of the Police station.

I figured everyone had forgotten what happened...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
F@#$K the police! Bunch of pansy a$$ pu$$ies! I was in Iraq and we never had to treat anyone like that and our lives were in constant danger, we could have easily used that excuse to purposely hurt people and get away with it.
These chicken sh@T police today have no problem hurting the unarmed. Give me 5 min with anyone of these sh@t birds and I'll beat some character and compassion into that a$$!

P.S. All you good police officers better start putting your house in order, this is only going to make you all look bad and the people will judge you by the uniform you were, trust me I know about this.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Some key parts to look at

The fat police officer is sitting on the guys chest with his knees into his lungs screaming for him to roll onto his stomach ( the first guy) he then says that he is resisting arrest and they need a taser

Later at around 25 minutes one police officer exclaims "My taser ran out of juice so I just started smashing the # out of his face with it"

Alot of other things that no police officer should do or say every single second..

He was subdued from the beginning calling in backup was just cover for this guys sick fantasy of making hippies pay..

They probably have the old saying at the station like alot of stations Every time a perp says DUDE or SORRY it actually means "HIT ME"

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't know who scares me more, the ever increasing murderous cops or the sycophants of murderous cops who, like a triplet of monkeys, see no evil, hear no evil and refuse to speak against evil.

Based upon the evidence and the events that followed, more than Bruce Whitaker has every reason to believe a cover up took place to protect these murderious thugs.

It does not matter if the other four police officers were lied to and acted upon "good faith" when they joined in on that shameful can of whoop-ass. Did the other four stand by their oath of office and arrest the two who were finally charged with a crime? Once they discovered they were "lied to" why didn't they act as law enforcement is expected to act in the face of a crime?

edit on 8-5-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I am certain that there was a cover up!

I think the police chief is STILL on "extended vacation". Though don't quote me, as I said it has died down around here. And I live right next to downtown.

They put up the construction, the pickets went away. They took down the construction, pickets came back. So they put the construction back up, and have left it up.

Silence is what I hear now-a-days

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Wait a second what was Kelly initial crime?

That he was homeless in a bus shelter late at night ?

He appeared to be just sitting down calmly for 20 minutes before he was murdered.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gestas
Wait a second what was Kelly initial crime?

That he was homeless...

That's what I think it is. We have a "high homeless traffic" train depot downtown. Which, is also where this bus depot is. They (police) routinely "clean the bums out" of the area.

If they resist, well hey "who cares? right?" Not like they can report it to anyone!

Furthermore, am I the only one that finds it odd how the father loves his son now that he is dead. But whilst he was homless...well the kid was homeless...

(Where was pappy love then? (I don't profess to know all the details, so I hope ignorance isn't shining too bright.))

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

At the end of the video, the police were trying to wipe the blood off of Thomas' face. One sounded like he said something about a broken arm....

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

At the end of the video, the police were trying to wipe the blood off of Thomas' face. One sounded like he said something about a broken arm....

I am going to use your post to go back to my original point and reiterate that there is no evidence of any subject matter jurisdiction on the 5th of July, the night six Fullerton police officers brutally and viciously murdered Kelly Thomas.

Ron Thomas, the "Dad" poor Kelly is screaming for in that video, a former Deputy Sheriff for Orange County has contended that his son was murdered for "contempt of cop". I hold nothing but contempt for all six of these thugs, not just the ones who've been charged, but for all those cops who conspired to cover this crime up...as if they ever could have stopped the truth on this one getting out.

If the Fullerton P.D. had a legitimate reason to stop Kelly Thomas and question him to begin with, then where is that evidence?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I've been questioned on numerous occasions, if you don't know your rights you will get stopped.

If I remember right, this kid was sleeping downtown. Vagrancy is a crime.

They "shoo" the homeless all the time around here, except a couple of local churches. Whose lawns are covered in homeless at night.

All well, it seems I do not hate police enough to be included in this thread. Later!

Too bad too...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Vagrancy is a crime.

Crimes come with victims and demonstrable injury. Please explain what injury is caused and who are the victims of a "vagrant". Unlawful legislation that empowers brutality and the abrogation and derogation of rights is a crime, but I suppose you don't love the law enough to stick around and respond.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join