It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kelly Thomas Video Finally Released

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The pretrial hearings began today and will last three days. For those who haven't heard of this story, please review the following link - The Death Of Kelly Thomas

The new video shows quite a bit. They continued hitting him after tasing him. You can clearly hear him screaming for his Dad...

Warning - Graphic Content.

Transcripts will be up tonight...
edit on Tue, 08 May 2012 00:12:29 -0500 by MemoryShock because: Tags

Transcripted right here.

edit on Tue May 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: mod edit to add transcript link per OP request.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------

Update - We're going to trial!!!

YES!!!!!! Fullerton police Officer Manuel Ramos and Cpl. Jay Cicinelli ordered by Judge Walter Schwarm to appear in court May 22. #KellyThomas

latimesblogs.latimes.com...
edit on 9-5-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I get the vagrancy thing, I get the fact that the guy wasnt really following instructions at some points.....but theres no reason for them to do what they did, theres no reason for a cop to tell you "see these fists right here, there gonna start beating the (expletive) out of you if you dont start doing what i say" Sorry there is just no cause, he was aggressive in his demeanor and tone from the start

If those were not cops.........use of deadly force would have been admissible in court for the preservation of life for the person being attacked and tased in that manner......I dunno how you could have been a bystander watching this and held back.......except for anything but fear after watching it go down.....

They wouldnt get him in a position where he could surrender.........they had him bound up where he couldnt move and continued to attack him (not subdue, that is something you do to get someone under control, this man was beat and tased)

for crying out loud look at all the blood on the ground towards the end of the video around 25:50 this guy is bleeding out, they beat him so bad, and theyve still got him lying on the ground.....

The man in the beginning of the video was clearly agressive towards him already.......

This is why they dont want Americans armed........because people are going to start fighting back......if you listen to the end, one officer ADMITS to smashing his face in.....then complain because he defecated on himself?
edit on 8-5-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
I dunno how you could have been a bystander watching this and held back......

I was thinking the same thing - it was brutal to watch on video. In real life, I would have been going crazy (I yelled at tear gas shooting riot police before)...

I was at the original protests...couldn't be there today but a friend of mine was...he feigned press to get copies of the transcripts and is typing them up right now. There is no doubt how brutal this was. Police brutality needs to stop...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Why couldn't they get cuffs on him? It's hard to see, but to me it looks like he wouldn't put his hands behind his back, and this is why they first started getting aggressive. With all of those cops there, surely they could have cuffed and subdued him without using the force that they did.

If not, they shouldn't be cops. It doesn't take that many cops to arrest someone, even if they are resisting. It does look like he was resisting arrest at first, but the use of force was still unnecessary. Cops shouldn't be allowed to beat someone who is resisting arrest just because that person pisses them off. They should use only NECESSARY force. I agree that this would be happening even more if citizens had their right to bear arms taken away.

Because the government would use the police to enforce whatever they wanted to enforce on a helpless population that was not adequately armed to defend themselves. They have already politically taken away many of the things that our founding fathers put in place to ensure liberty for the people, and the right to bear arms will be the very last they attempt to take away.

+6 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Watch beginning at 15:20 the cop shows him his fist and says "its ready to F*** you up" the homeless guy is perfectly respectful and coherent up until the F*** tard officer becomes aggressive at 15:40, then his partner whacks him in the legs full force with his baton 15:47.

the homeless man then he apologizes and tells them he cant breathe several times and he cannot put his hands behind his back because they were smothering and laying on top of him.

absolutely sick. those cops are complete scum of the earth.

I love how after the officers taze him ruthlessly and when backup arrives they claim he's "on something" ha riiiight. maybe he is freaking out because you just fried his insides with a taser

"Earlier this month, an attorney representing the Thomas family released hospital records that showed Thomas had tested negative for drugs and alcohol and that the immediate cause of death was "brain death" due to "head trauma" from the incident.

The hospital records released showed that he suffered brain injuries, a shattered nose, a smashed cheekbone, broken ribs and severe internal bleeding. Thomas also had been shocked with a stun gun "multiple" times, including in the left chest near the heart, the records showed."

this is seriously disturbing and we need to publish more videos like these so that the masses become aware of the injustices in the world. I hope the officers responsible for his death rot in a cell...

edit on 8-5-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I joined in the thread you linked to adding some pictures.
That being said? As well as it is the tape is released? I'll not be able to watch it.
I can already hear his screams in my head.
I just hope what goes around really comes around. I hate saying that because I don't wish harm on ANYONE.
On the other hand it's so painful to even imagine crimes like this that go unpunished.
peace

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
this is why you do not resist arrest
Its called shut up and lawyer up..

now why you do this so these
guys cant get off on beating you up
this guy in the video is a complete
moron..

he should of shut up let them apes arrest him and let his lawyer
do the dirty work

he fell right for what they were wanting to do

+7 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
this is why you do not resist arrest
Its called shut up and lawyer up..

now why you do this so these
guys cant get off on beating you up
this guy in the video is a complete
moron..

he should of shut up let them apes arrest him and let his lawyer
do the dirty work

Is an idiot? Did you watch the video? first of all the guy clearly cant afford a lawyer.........

The officers stopped Thomas and searched his backpack and asked him to sit on the curb. But the shirtless man, who suffered from schizophrenia, had trouble complying, prosecutors said, at which point Ramos put on a pair of latex gloves, leaned down and threatened him with his fists Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Leos should be aware enough to take all things into consideration........not everyone understands things like others do, there are people with illnesses out there..........there was no reason for this to occur......

They also proved toxicology that the man was neither on drugs or intoxicated...

2. I dunno if you ahve ever dealt with the system or watch what goes on, but the system is corrupt.....

3. He resisted to a point, but they had him bound up where he couldnt not get his other hand behind his back, it was anatomically impossible how they had him up on his shoulder and on his side like that, and continued to lay on him and pound him.........

4. We shouldnt have to "shutup and lawyer up" if thats how things have to be run now days, then we need to change some things........

+27 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

this guy in the video is a complete moron..

How kind of you to point out the obvious.
He WAS mentally handicapped.
I mean really - there you are sitting safe and sound behind your computer openly name calling and being CRITICAL of a mentally challenged individual who was beaten to death by the cops while screaming for his DAD!

Oh wait? Maybe you are a cop.

edit on 8-5-2012 by silo13 because: not worth

+14 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

now why you do this so these guys cant get off on beating you up

Blaming the victim? Seriously?

He was mentally ill

So you condone cops that have murderous mindsets?

edit on 8-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

How kind of you to point out the obvious.
He WAS mentally handicapped.
I mean really - there you are sitting safe and sound behind your computer openly name calling and being CRITICAL of a mentally challenged individual who was beaten to death by the cops while screaming for his DAD!

Oh wait? Maybe you are a cop.

edit on 8-5-2012 by silo13 because: not worth

c'mon we don't know if he was mentally ill at all. Have some compassion.
WIKI:
Compassion is an empathy and sympathy for the suffering of others, regarded as a part of love itself, and a cornerstone of greater social interconnection and humanism — foundational to the highest principles in philosophy, society, and personhood.

To me this means simply putting yourself in someone else's shoes. He sounded coherent and normal to me, until he realized his life was in danger.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

He was homeless, dude. His behavior DOES NOT validate the actions of the police in this video. I get what you are saying but for crying out loud...

+4 more 
posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Yes we do......

Source

The officers stopped Thomas and searched his backpack and asked him to sit on the curb. But the shirtless man, who suffered from schizophrenia, had trouble complying, prosecutors said, at which point Ramos put on a pair of latex gloves, leaned down and threatened him with his fists

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

He was mentally ill;
link

There are many evil horrendous cases of unaddressed police abuse in this country, but some, like the case of Kelly Thomas, the schizophrenic man recently tortured and beaten to death in Fullerton, California...
Neighbors said Kelly was childlike and totally harmless.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Clearskies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I tried to watch the video, I couldn't I got sick right away. from what I did see he wasn't cooperative, but he wasn't really resisting, not to the point that the two guys couldn't have handled it without using force.
edit on 8-5-2012 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
no such thing as cops anymore ... just bullies who get an adrenaline rush from killing people. much like video games

what a disgusting display of humanity.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks for posting this. Poor excuse for police work. Again like in every police brutality video, no handcuffs even come out the entire time even when they have one hand behind his back. The other thing I think is really stupid is how the two police officers feed off each others excitement escalating the situation. The suspect submits to a voluntary search of his backpack, and while talking brushes his hands against the officer. The officer says something to the effect of "Don't touch me again." The suspect expresses his frustration at being stopped and gets up to leave. The officers partner decides to start hitting the suspect with his batton as the suspect runs away. They give chase, and begin beating him.

These officers display no problem solving skills or coaxing a suspect to comply. It appears they operate with pure brute force. These officers could have gotten his arm behind his back had they cuffed his first arm that they had under control. But they did nothing. Police are taught restraint techniques and two officers can easily subdue a person without beating them. This is the state of police work in America unfortunately. Overzealous officers that have got away with beating people many times before think its now just something they do and is okay.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Unacceptable. Cowardly. Criminal.

Notice how the first cop is twirling his little stick. He then is grabbing his gun after he puts the little stick away. It should be noted that the power trip people feel when dealing with "losers" is sickening. I would like to see that fat mess fight one on one with anyone and see if he feels that tough.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
good god...they beat the hell out of him.....

Not cool....~wants to puke, from anger~

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Everyone keeps bringing up that the poor dude was mentally ill. What about the police officers? It may be just me but I honestly believe they're the one's with the mental illness.

Do not let this man die in vain. As unfortunate as his death is, it can also be the catalyst to get Americans off their butts and retake our country from the crooks. Funny how every person with a family member in law enforcement claims their relative is always the one good cop. Be honest people! Wake up!

Remember Rahm's advice, don't let a serious crisis go to waste. This, my friends, has been a serious crisis for a long time.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - J. Krishnamurti
RIP Kelly Thomas

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join