It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Weight...weight I can't believe anything about it"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manunnaki
A mile away. And down a mountain (MOUNTAIN) are 100 - 200 ton stones. All you got is hemp rope.
What's on the other side of the mountain? I know that rope one mile long is too much, but what if they used weights from the other side of the mountain?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Vandettas
It seems that people still don't understand we DON'T have the technology to build these mega-structures that were constructed back then even today. Constant dodging such as "They use logs, blood, sweat, tears, ropes" is just not going to cut it. The only two logical explainations I could come up with are either :

1. Our ancestors were on a higher technological level that we thought.
2. There was Extra-terrestrial intervention.

My only problem with the first is if they were so advanced, why did they all die? They surely would have been able to predict earthquakes, disasters, eruptions, and tsunamis right? There are probably many other
possibilties no one has thought of yet. But hey, until then.

Your thinking on this must come from watching series such as Ancient Aliens or other such (allegedly) entertaining shows whith an agenda to grab sponsors. Look at actual facts, the need to invent an alien explanation is only there if you are looking for it and ignoring history. I tried to watch an episode of Ancient Aliens the other day when off sick and to be honest, the way it dumbed down any actual known facts made me feel worse than I already was. If you want to, educate yourself properly, not through pseudo science that has nothing concrete to back up its claims.

What is exactly pseudo science to you? Ancient Astronaut theory very is logical, and is definitely not looked at by anyone of credibility as pseudo science. Sure some points may be a little far fetched, but name a theory that isn't. Also, (this has been said hundred's of times) if the AA theory does not give facts, and only spews out BS which YOU SAID, please tell me what are the facts. You most likely can't. You also assume that my "thinking" comes from a history channel show. Incorrect. What history am I ignoring exactly? History that can't even be found?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think a good stone mason of the time with the stones where he wanted them could have made those 'presicion cuts' by him/herself over time. Who knows how long they took over these structures?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

1. If you don't understand something, it doesn't mean that it was aliens or dinosaurs.

2. If you don't understand something, it means; you don't understand something.

You forgot to add GOD to the list in number 1.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
While I don't totally dismiss the ancient alien theory I don't think we give our ancestors enough credit.

*Warning what I am about to say may sound dumb*
You know those furniture movers? Those things you slide under something and make it a lot easier to push. What if they had an ancient version of something like that? Dig into the ground before where you need to place the things and then maybe even construct some type of ramp apparatus to go with with it. Push, pick up ramp or lay new one down, replace and fix as needed. You would be able to push and pull with less people.

edit on 7-5-2012 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

I was under the impression that they rolled them along on logs placed along the route. Engineering isn't new.

Just saying,

Cuhail

That would be impossible, anything over a few tonnes would snap a log if placed on top of it, we are talking about over 100 tonnes!!!
Not to mention the stone blocks would roll downhill if placed on logs.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

It's very possible that they smoked all the leaves off the plants used to make that mile long hemp rope and then since they were as stoned as the stone they talked it into moving there on it's own.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That was so cool. bookmarked it.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
forget about the 100/200 ton blocks for a min,
what about the 1000/2000 ton granite blocks inside the pyramids

to add i think they built them overlonger periods than we think,
like more than 25 years.

and did they have giants, we still get very big people now,
and dont forget about that big foot print in granite
thats thought to be 200 million year old
i off to find a link
edit on 7/5/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

hope it works

A single footprint in granite? Granite is an igneous rock so unless the giant was hoping in molten lava id suggest its pretty safe to say that its a fake carved into the rock face.

edit on 7-5-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
That would be impossible, anything over a few tonnes would snap a log if placed on top of it, we are talking about over 100 tonnes!!!
But many logs would be able to support the weight without breaking.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manunnaki
[We are only 5ft tall at the max.

Think you got your measurements wrong mate. And to say it in two posts means it isn't exactly a typo...

I suggest before asking big boy questions, correct this simple discrepancy.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
they didn't use logs. they used something more ingenious.

are you ready for it:

it's called the

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
FFS I got to the bottom of the first page and no one was intelligent to realise Homo sapiens came about 100 thousand years ago.

Dinosaurs died 65 millions years ago...

So no, Dinosaurs did not help move big blocks.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Originally posted by maryhinge
forget about the 100/200 ton blocks for a min,
what about the 1000/2000 ton granite blocks inside the pyramids

to add i think they built them overlonger periods than we think,
like more than 25 years.

and did they have giants, we still get very big people now,
and dont forget about that big foot print in granite
thats thought to be 200 million year old
i off to find a link

hope it works

A single footprint in granite? Granite is an igneous rock so unless the giant was hoping in molten lava id suggest its pretty safe to say that its a fake carved into the rock face.

edit on 7-5-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Plus how the hell do you Carbon date a rocks age?

It been around since the beginning of the earth hasn't it not?

Unless in the extraordinary event that it came from space.
edit on 7-5-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If you can't explain something, it must be aliens, right? Ancient astronaut theory is not logical, it requires blind faith, which just means you're pretty gullible.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
In my opinion the Egyptians did not build the pyramids they found them. And once we work out who built them we might have a better clue on how they were built.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Hey Fred!
Yeah Barney?
It's 'cuzza JEEEEEEEZUS!
Wait till I tell Wilma!

Creationism is as absurd as evolution.
We're devolved mutant screwups incapable of doing anything our distant, distant, DISTANT (as in light years away) relations did as a matter of course.
Just step outside and talk to anyone at all.... especially in Utah or Arizona.

So, there you are.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Manunnaki
This is a good thread with some out of the box thinking.
But i believe the ancients built this all by themselves with allot of sweat..
The dinosaurs had nothing to do with this..We don't give these people enough credit..If there is a will there is a way and they figured this all out ..
I think they had the technology to do this but it was lost through the ages..
I also don't think the aliens had anything to do with this either ..Please take some time and do some research on this topic ..
But as i said before i like your out of the box thinking but it just doesn't fit..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Borag the Horse

Alright 4 ft 5 inches. we are talking about old school native americans without european blood.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join