It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Weight...weight I can't believe anything about it"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I wanna start this thread off on the wrong foot. And that means throwing out some non-sensical facts that have absolutely no merit at all.

So here we go.

Argentinosaurus weighs 100 tons or so. Alot of megalithical structures:

Are said to have stones that weigh 100 - 200 ton stones.

So I ask ATS. Can humans move something as large as a 100 ton dinosaur with hemp rope?

Reason I bring this into the light is because I don't think anyone has SEEN just how rediculous this is when we compare with visuals what this is exactly stating.

Lest we forget the incans are said to have querried these mega stones for over a mile and up a mountain.

I said my piece.

Remember. We are simple people with simple tools. Practical thinking doesn't exist here. We are only 5ft tall at the max. How many trees need to be cut down? Can those trees be moved? Can they even support 100 - 200 tons. Can the hemp rope hold up to the strain? Can enough people get there hands on the stone? Can enough people pull the stone? UP A MOUNTAIN.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Manunnaki because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2012 by Manunnaki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I was under the impression that they rolled them along on logs placed along the route. Engineering isn't new.

Just saying,

Cuhail

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Not sure what this has to to with UFO's.

There are more ways than using rope to move a heavy block. Its obvious its a forgotten art.

Checkout what this man manages to move on his own and then think about what could be achieved with lots of people using similar techniques.

edit on 7-5-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yes! Because they used it to control and ride the dinosuars to help them move the blocks DUH! That is just as resonable as saying aliens that look like over evolved sperm came and did it for us.

Why is it that aliens are always so much more advanced then us where did this come from why donwe see ourselves as so damn dumb.

IF we had evolved at this rate why did they evolve so much more it is annoying that people believe themselves to be the retarded basment babies of the universe.

Plus the flucrum lever is prove to allow a mere man to lift well beyond the greatest amount a human can again DUH!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

I was under the impression that they rolled them along on logs placed along the route. Engineering isn't new.

Just saying,

Cuhail

How many hands can u get on one 100 - 200 ton stone? Not enough people think about it!

link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Just saying,

Cuhail

They have tried to replicate that with no success. The fact is we have absolutely no idea how they built them.
It seems like the blocks used has even been cut with some highly accurate tool as well, which aint even possible unless they were a lot more advanced than history give them credit for.
And this is what i personally think is the case. I don't think aliens built the pyramids like many do, but I believe they had advanced tools and technology.

link   
I for one never believed the explanations given by scientists on this matter when i hear from mechanics that with todays equipment we cant easily move weights like those

much less with ropes logs and many slaves,be it in Egypt or other places

Could they be aliens?no although i hear a mad tsoukalos at the rear

Could it be some technology of a long lost civilization of EARTHLY origin we dont know about today? YES, for me.
edit on 7-5-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Manunnaki

There isn't always the need for ultra technology to achieve a goal. I think we underestimate the effort the people of the time put into these 'mega structures'. Blood, sweat and tears is what moved those rocks.

Hard work... It's an ethic that sadly is being lost in this day and age. We shouldn't insult the peoples who took it upon themselves to build these things by discounting their hard graft.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Snakedoctorjw

A mile away. And down a mountain (MOUNTAIN) are 100 - 200 ton stones. All you got is hemp rope. How many hands can u get one stone to push? Are trees really going to support the weight of these stones? How many trees does it take to cut down?

How many people does it take to move these trees? Lets think about it! Remember now. We are only 5ft tall at the max. And were only capable of simple tools. So logical thinking is not practical here.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Logical as far as what we know may not apply but insane thinking does not either. Why would aliens being so much more advanced then us retards come all this way and then build a pyramid. Is it a galactic game of one upsmanship. My pyramid is bigger than yours oh yea mine is pointier. Mine is smaller but wider lets face it its not the length its the width?

If you could travle all that way would you land and go hmm im a build a washington monument instead of all the other more important things to do.

No humans made it using technology lost to time like Imsam said and common engeinerring no magical mystical mystery of walking sperm.

And yes since aliens can be real i think we used some dino mucoes as well damn it!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
1. If you don't understand something, it doesn't mean that it was aliens or dinosaurs.

2. If you don't understand something, it means; you don't understand something.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Snakedoctorjw

It's ok I still believe in santa clause and the universe ravolving around us to.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

The dinosaur pic is to show you what a 100 ton animal looks like. To show you how rediculous it would be if scientists told you that incans dragged an aregentinosaurus up a mountain with hemp rope.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

There isn't always the need for ultra technology to achieve a goal. I think we underestimate the effort the people of the time put into these 'mega structures'. Blood, sweat and tears is what moved those rocks.

Hard work... It's an ethic that sadly is being lost in this day and age. We shouldn't insult the peoples who took it upon themselves to build these things by discounting their hard graft.

So where did they mine them from and how?? How did they cut them up with such precision that the blocks literally fits like puzzle pieces??
There is no way they could have done this unless they had some technology that vanished when their civilization collapsed.

Even the ancient alien theory makes more sense than the official story and I say this as person who don't believe aliens visited this planet.
edit on 7-5-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Lmao! I just find it comical that people look at something meant to be great amd a great human achievment and think nope we are all to small weak frail dumb stupid ect to do that must be aliens.

Yep that makes sense some mystical race of beings that won the oh crap that was lucky lottory to evolve more than us. But yet the same people think God does not exsist either. Same boat both unproven both no real proof to ever being real. But one group discounts the other for bellieving the same thing. I dont discount it could be just like with God people have had very real situations.

But to discout humans as you have done relacates us to being the ignorant retards of the universe and I think thats wrong and rather stupid to think humams are that dumb.

(Yes I believe in God i dont believe aliens dont exsist because just like with what I personally know I cant phsically prove to be real I also cant prove aliens to be fake so i emtertain the idea they COUOD be there but to think they are greater and came just to build really cool buildings is naive)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
You may notice that I'm not going out of my way to argue either or. i'm throwing out simple keys of skepticism toward the given arguement by "professionals" as to how these megalithic structures we see on ancient aliens got built.

Now lets put ourselves back in this time. And lets really try to see this explanation work out. I've done this already but it doesnt' work out. even if u had enough trees in the area. ur not gonna have enough to support the weight. The intense pulling of the 100 - 200 ton stone sliding down the mountain as it''s trying to be pulled up by little people. Would be like pulling a full gorwn tree that has fallen up a hill with kite string.

Good luck with that.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
OP, have you actually researched your question before you made this topic? Is this the only place you're interested in hearing an answer from? My god, man, do some Internet searches on ancient engineering and LEARN something about the subject you're asking about.
I just did a few searches just using "Ancient Engineering" as the search topic and I've found HUNDREDS of sites dedicated to the subject.
Moving large stones. Cutting large stones. Lifting large stones.

C'mon man, do some work yourself!

It's not as if you had to lift a 200 ton website into your browser.

Cuhail

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Skyscrapers, jet airplanes, and being able to communicate with someone on the other side of the planet instantaneously over the internet are pretty ridiculous too, but, they exist, and were built/engineered by people.

As indicated, just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it can't be done.

Just because certain methods for shifting and moving large objects were either potentially lost, or just so astounding they seem inconceivable, doesn't mean that people didn't do it, or figure out how to do it.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A Biblical reason for your dilemma? How about man has been cut off from the gods? Consider how Jesus Christ says he could do his miracles. According to him you could ask God to do the heavy work. And he would.

Matthew 21
18 Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.
19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!
21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Mark 11.
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

It would seem that people of the time had the ability to ask the gods or God to do requests. But the problem is after Jesus Christ people have been cut off from that ability. A couple of years back I managed to put the pieces of why together.

The first century Jews managed to trip the curse of Malachi. According to Jesus Christ the person known as John the Baptist was supposed to have been Elijah the Prophet. One of the 2 messengers of the Lord according to Malachi. He wasn't supposed to have killed. When he was it triggered the curse.

And this is the curse. It's a 2000 year top level Leviticus 26 curse. And imposing this cut the world off from God. And the benefits of having a full relationship with him.

See the book of Hosea for the details of the curse. And Hosea 6-2 and 2nd Peter 3-8 for the timeline. 2 days 2000 years. And if you look at the history of the Jews for the past 2000 years it appears they have been serving it.
edit on 7-5-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
But your assuming that they used thin small pieces of rope hell rope was used for a long time it was heavy duty to oull heavy things and still is. Where they to ignorant to make it really big? Im not saying they used trees. But to think that old growth hardwood cant support allot of wait is to deny any modern buildings still standing with wood support beams is that magic. Then mines as well last i checked mountains are really heavy.

The dino thing if you take 4 of them with ship anchor sized or bigger rope you get even pressuer and allot of torque that you can easily pull anythimg heavy up any hill.

To the point of it matching in precision of carving how did they do it on small stones? Damn aliens even had to carve small stones.

Its art its building and ists craft. Are aliens making skyscrapers because theynfir together like puzzles to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join