It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top General: Obama knew OBL's Hideout Since Summer of 2010 - Refused to Act

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

General Jack Keane (Retired), the former Vice Chief of Staff of the Army, goes on the record saying that Obama knew where Osama was hiding out for almost a whole year before he acted on it. I'm wondering now about that new campaign commercial about Obama being so 'presidential' about going after Usama. Did Obama's reelection team know this information was going to come out and so they did a pre-emptive strike to try to deflect it? Maybe.

Way to go Obama .. you knew where Usama was and you refused to act?
I'm not surprised.

Side note - Remember the White House Situation Room Photo from the day UBL was shot? Obama looks like an afterthought .. like a kid at Thanksgiving invited up to the grown up table for a while. Seriously .. the doesn't look very presidential or in charge of anything. Maybe this foot dragging is the reason that he looks so out of place at that Situation Room table.

edit on 5/7/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixing youtube

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Is he dead??? Yes... so whats the problem? Did he mastermind 9/11? Possibably not... so why get so angry about it one way or the other? Why cry over spilled milk, or dead religious fanatics.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansBeing
Is he dead??? Yes... so whats the problem?

You are kidding, right? According to this general ... The Commander in Chief of the US MIlitary knew where the worlds most wanted fugative was .. a terrorist who was on the top of the 'most wanted' list ... a freak who mass murdered thousands of Americans .. and this Commander in Chief of ours just sat on his butt. Not because he was being careful or thoughtful in regards to Pakistan .. but he just sat on his freak'n backend and did nothing.

I'd bet a box of donuts he hoped UBL would get away so he wouldn't have to deal with it.
I'll never be able to prove it. But it wouldn't surprise me at all.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

you forget Pakistan would have tipped Osama off and there is no way Pakistan would have let american troops on their soil if obama had asked to attack that compound because its right next to a military training school it would look like a preemptive strike by us.

So Obama did have his reasons if you believe Osama was still alive which i dont sorry

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well since the only people that ever hear this will be those that visit conspiracy sites or watch Fox news - then it might as well have happened the way Obama claims - # I'm surprised they didn't show Barry sliding down a rope from a chopper and having a sword fight with OBL.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I don't understand why it needed a Presidential order to get the mission done. Does the President have to say Yes before anyone on the most wanted list is captured/killed? Or just this one case?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Well since the only people that ever hear this will be those that visit conspiracy sites or watch Fox news - then it might as well have happened the way Obama claims - # I'm surprised they didn't show Barry sliding down a rope from a chopper and having a sword fight with OBL.

No we brought in dogs with night vision goggles lol, and troops with contact lens that can see in the dark. Then Osama used a woman as a human shield lol here is governmental proof of him tieing a women to railroad tracks

edit on 7-5-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
you forget Pakistan would have tipped Osama off

Pakistan didn't know about the raid when it happened. It just as easily could have been kept in the dark if there was a raid the year before as well. The fact is that Obama took almost a full year to get the job done. In the mean time, how many Americans were involved in Afghanistan and Pakistan who didn't need to be there .. how many died? etc etc Could assets have been pulled out of there a whole year sooner? This is seriously screwed up. It's Obama's fault.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
1st, The US has had troops operating on Pakistan soil for 10yrs now. Plus uncountable drone strikes.

2nd, If we knew where he was for a whole year, that would lead one to believe they had a whole year to plan the strike. And they still screwed it up. I have seen hits go better on 30min of planning.

Personally the whole thing smelled fishy to me from the word go.

I think OBL died a long time ago, and this was something else that went terribly wrong. I think they rolled out the OBL story to cover their asses. Knowing he was already dead, it's a win/win.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Holy crap, he didn't go in there guns blazing?

Thank god.

Seriously, think on this for a second. Try to understand the implications of going in there. It is a big, huge, sensitive operation that takes time to undergo.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Really?

Now Obama opponents are going to claim that he even though he did kill OBL, that he could have done so sooner, but decided not to, so therefore he's a bad President right?

Wow guys, I mean really, stop grasping at straws. There are a million other things that make Obama a terrible President, this whole OBL fiasco is NOT one of them.

How dare Obama run a re-election campaign using his accomplishments

~Tenth

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The fact that the president knew is neither here nor there @ this point. You're nitpicking and spewing sour grapes. OBL is dead. It doesn't matter how that was achieved, as long as there wasn't an international incident as a result. If he knew where he was in 2010 then he had 1 year to keep a watch on him. When the planners had their men in place to preform the operation, the president gave them a go. The operation was a success. How is this a bad thing? At all? Does Bin Laden's death only count if it occurs in 2010? Dead is dead. Success is success.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluFenix
Seriously, think on this for a second. Try to understand the implications of going in there. It is a big, huge, sensitive operation that takes time to undergo.

Seriously, think on this for a second. Try to understand that the implications of going in there have been thought out for YEARS. It doesn't take a whole year to plan a raid on a house just over the boarder into Pakistan. That's insane. The fact is Obama dragged his feet. He caused a nearly a whole extra year to go by .. putting assets in danger. This shows him to be either incompetent or indecisive or both.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
OBL/Tim Osman died 3 1/2 months after 911.

Obviously that makes the media an absolute farce.

Obama is nothing more than a puppet if there ever was one. I doubt that he is even allowed to decide which tie he wears every day let alone anything more important than that.

He was given "Osama" as a trophy. When all this was allegedly going down, I knew that we would never see his body.

Guess what? The most wanted man in the history of America and we never saw his body. It beggars belief that ANYONE buys this crap.

Not everyone is still fooled by these ridiculous charades. When enough people wake up, we'll have Regime Change on Planet Earth.
edit on 7-5-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Really?

Really. Really. (hit tip Shrek)

Now Obama opponents are going to claim that he even though he did kill OBL, that he could have done so sooner, but decided not to, so therefore he's a bad President right?

Right. Do you understand WHY it makes him a bad president? The fact that almost a full year of engagement over there was taking place that was unnecessary. That we had undercover assets in danger for that year? That people may have died who didn't need to? That there was a HUGE risk that UBL could have gotten away. All because Obama sat on his butt and did nothing for a year.

I mean really, stop grasping at straws.

I mean really, stop making excuses for him.

How dare Obama run a re-election campaign using his accomplishments

How dare Obama run a re-election campaign using OTHER PEOPLEs accomplishments, especially now that the evidence is out that he dragged his feet and didnt' even want to engage in the act that he's taking credit for.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
You're nitpicking and spewing sour grapes.

It isn't 'nitpicking' to expect the Commander in Chief to do his damn job.

If he knew where he was in 2010 then he had 1 year to keep a watch on him.

There was no reason to 'keep watch on him'.
There was every reason to go get him and end our involvement over there.
Obama purposely let it go on for another year. WHY?
Why drag it out? Incompetence? Indecision?
Or is he more of a war-monger than his followers want to admit?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by HumansBeing
Is he dead??? Yes... so whats the problem?

You are kidding, right? According to this general ... The Commander in Chief of the US MIlitary knew where the worlds most wanted fugative was .. a terrorist who was on the top of the 'most wanted' list ... a freak who mass murdered thousands of Americans .. and this Commander in Chief of ours just sat on his butt. Not because he was being careful or thoughtful in regards to Pakistan .. but he just sat on his freak'n backend and did nothing.

I'd bet a box of donuts he hoped UBL would get away so he wouldn't have to deal with it.
I'll never be able to prove it. But it wouldn't surprise me at all.

so what?...maybe it took time to confirm?...maybe it took time to set up a plan?...maybe there was conflicts with the joint chiefs or other high-ranking military, CIA, NSA, dissenters?
george bush didn't get care about finding him and said so publicly, he sat on his, how did you put it, "freak'n backend" for 7 years....what are you, 6 yrs old? GO GET A LIFE!
Obama got him, and your pansy-assed, big talking, war-monger, george bush didn't

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
You're nitpicking and spewing sour grapes.

It isn't 'nitpicking' to expect the Commander in Chief to do his damn job.

If he knew where he was in 2010 then he had 1 year to keep a watch on him.

There was no reason to 'keep watch on him'.
There was every reason to go get him and end our involvement over there.
Obama purposely let it go on for another year. WHY?
Why drag it out? Incompetence? Indecision?
Or is he more of a war-monger than his followers want to admit?

too bad bush didn't get him in a year. what's wrong with you people? this is just a useless rant by right-wingers, with no substance.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
so what?...maybe it took time to confirm?...maybe it took time to set up a plan

:shk: A whole year? That's just incompetence. That's a seriously bad Commander in Chief.

GO GET A LIFE!

I have a life.
How about you stop making excuses for Obama's error?

Obama got him, and your pansy-assed, big talking, war-monger, george bush didn't

1 - Bush43 isn't 'my' anything.
2 - Obama didn't 'get him'.
The seals got him DESPITE their incompetent Commander in Chief dragging his feet for a year.

Originally posted by jimmyx
this is just a useless rant by right-wingers, with no substance.

So it's just fine and dandy that our troops had to be engaged over there for almost a full extra year? It's just fine and dandy with you that our under cover people were in harms way for almost a full extra year? That their lives were in danger? That they were away from their families? That the war in Afghanistan continued on and on for a full year more than it needed to? That grieving 9/11 families had to go a full extra year without getting justice or more closure? That's all fine with you because we can't dare talk about how Obama dragged his feet on this ... or WHY he dragged his feet. WOW.
Good to know.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Right. Do you understand WHY it makes him a bad president? The fact that almost a full year of engagement over there was taking place that was unnecessary. That we had undercover assets in danger for that year? That people may have died who didn't need to? That there was a HUGE risk that UBL could have gotten away. All because Obama sat on his butt and did nothing for a year.

What? What are you talking about, what full year of engagement? Where? You mean in Pakistan? There are no US engagements in Pakistan, unless you are talking drone strikes.

If you are talking about any other country in the ME, then that's a moot point cause Afghanistan and Iraq never had anything to do with OBL.

I mean really, stop making excuses for him.

Excuses? No, I make no excuses, you casually glazed over my comment stating the other myriad of actually important reasons he's a bad President. Not a non-issue like taking out an ex-CIA asset that stopped playing ball.

How dare Obama run a re-election campaign using OTHER PEOPLEs accomplishments, especially now that the evidence is out that he dragged his feet and didnt' even want to engage in the act that he's taking credit for.

Wait, who are these Others? Are you really going to argue that Obama didn't do it personally so he gets no credit? EVERY President technically runs on the accomplishment of OTHER people, considering they lead and don't do most of the things they promise. They rely on their teams to do so.

But honestly, I love a good dig at Obama as much as the next guy, but this is just silly.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join