It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top General: Obama knew OBL's Hideout Since Summer of 2010 - Refused to Act

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What poeple fail to understand is at that level of government, every situation good or bad is gleaned and groomed for the most bang for the buck. What I mean is how a situation can be used for ie... Propaganda, power, effect, status, to further the justification of the means to an orchestrated end.... and so on. No opportunity is lost to advance an agenda.
Military members love what they do. Sad part is TPTB use this and their willingness to serve as pawns in their global chess game.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
What are you talking about, what full year of engagement? Where? You mean in Pakistan? There are no US engagements in Pakistan, unless you are talking drone strikes.

Afganistan. Pakistan special ops and drone strikes. (how many civilians were killed during that year that didn't need to be?) Other assets involved that we don't know about. etc

Are you really going to argue that Obama didn't do it personally so he gets no credit?

I'm saying that he obviously didn't want to do it. He let it sit for a year. And the damage that happened during that year of him just sitting on his butt should be credited to him. As for taking credit for UBL being killed ... Obama was so disengaged that to give him any glory for it just seems wrong. It looks like he was finally backed into a corner and HAD to do it. That's really different than what this re-election commercial makes it look.

But honestly, I love a good dig at Obama as much as the next guy, but this is just silly.

But honestly, I love going back and forth with ya' tothetenthpower.
You are one of the more fun people to do so with.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Look at the General's bio: he retired from active service in 2003. He was a civilian several years out of service when the mission to kill OBL occurred.

Keane retired from military service in 2003. He is also a national security analyst for Fox News. He has served an advisory role in the management of the U.S. occupation of Iraq, as a member of the Defense Policy Board Advisory Committee. In January 2007, Keane and scholar Frederick W. Kagan released a policy paper, entitled "Choosing Victory: A Plan for Success in Iraq",[2] through the American Enterprise Institute that called for bringing security by putting around 30,000 additional American troops there for a period of at least 18 months. In part convinced by this paper, President George W. Bush ordered on January 10, 2007 the deployment of 21,500 additional troops to Iraq, most of whom would be deployed to Baghdad.

- Retired from service in 2003.
- Employee of Fox News*
- Served in an advisory role on defense policy.

He's not in the loop on active intel, had no first hand knowledge of active mission parameters, and he works for an organization trying to spin anything about Obama into a negative. From his interview with Huckabee:
"My sources told me the WH was trying to verify that the target was actually there, as opposed to just relying on circumstantial evidence..."

This is called hearsay, and it shows the WH wanted confirmation where OBL was, and not just bad intel. Sounds like the WH/Pentagon acted responsibly in this case. Remember how they tracked OBL down? By tapping the phone of one of his messengers - they waited until that messenger was followed to a specific address in Abbottobad.

This is just Fox News* spinning news for their political slant and chocking on their sour grapes. Obviously the mission to get OBL succeeded which is all the proof needed to know the WH made the right call.

* not a real news source

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Afganistan. Pakistan special ops and drone strikes. (how many civilians were killed during that year that didn't need to be?) Other assets involved that we don't know about. etc

See now there's an answer I can get behind. You have a good point there. He probably could have avoided some of that nonsense by acting sooner, if he did have 100% confirmation etc.

But I do know that operations like that are very delicate, take immense ammounts of time and planning. I mean you are breaking about a dozen international laws when you embark on something like this. I'm surprised Pakistan wasn't more up in arms about it honestly.

I'm saying that he obviously didn't want to do it. He let it sit for a year. And the damage that happened during that year of him just sitting on his butt should be credited to him. As for taking credit for UBL being killed ... Obama was so disengaged that to give him any glory for it just seems wrong. It looks like he was finally backed into a corner and HAD to do it. That's really different than what this re-election commercial makes it look.

Would you rather be the POTUS that took OBL out, or the one that tried and failed miserably? Which is worse honestly? Myself? I would have taken my sweet time and made sure everything was correct.

Then again, had it been me, I just would have fired OBL from the payroll and left him to die of his many health complications. There are more serious issues to focus on. OBL was really IMO just an excuse to give Obama "Foreign Policy" and "National Security" accomplishments so the GOP could not hammer him too hard during the election.

And yes Flyers, I do enjoy our back and forths

~Tenth

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
He probably could have avoided some of that nonsense by acting sooner,

There ya' go. That's what I'm getting at.

Would you rather be the POTUS that took OBL out, or the one that tried and failed miserably?

Oh god ... that's a tough one. Honestly .. there isn't enough difference between Bush43 and Obama to be able to tell the difference. Not a lot of dayllight between the two for me to be able to chose which one I'd rather be. Either way ... it would be a type of hell. YUKKKKKKK

It doesn't take a full year for a Commander in Chief and the higher ups to get an operation in place. They knew for years and years he was probably in Pakistan and so they had thought out all of the issues for a long time before UBL was found. The fact that it took a year for them to get it going .. that makes me sick. how many people died in the mean time? How many unnecessary drone strikes? How many lost undercover 'assets' *(read .. people!). And why did Obama want to keep it all going and going ?? Was it just him dragging his feet or was there a reason to keep the war effort fully engaged over there?

If it was Bush43 who had done this, people would be saying it was because he was a war-monger and there was $$$ involved or something like that. Even if it were Bush43, i'd be saying it was either because of the war-mongering $$$ making thing OR incompetence. There is no excuse to drag this thing out like this ....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

THAT is the kind of response that I can respect. (Not the right/left partisan yelling)
You question if this fella had knowledge or not. That's a good question.

It seems that he did. But if you can find information that shows he's full of it ... have at it!

Considering that nothing in this world is as it seems ... you could be right.
OR this guy could be a whistleblower who is exposing a serious flaw (or conspiracy)
on the part of obama.

Dunno.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I wouldn't say he's "full of it", but at the same time, he is too far out of the loop, and admits he is relying on secondhand hearsay in his interview. From what I can tell, his retired life consists of serving as an occasional adviser to a think tank and wrote one paper that was the inspiration for Bush to increase troop levels in Iraq back in 2007. It would be much too rash to say the WH knew where OBL was hiding for a year and 'refused to act'.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The only issue I would have with this is that the decision might have been based on political benefits versus military ones.

Obama acts as a politician.

Not as a military leader.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Wait a minute? So they knew where he was a year before, then suddenly and by acts of magic forgot it when they did the actual raid?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

why blame Obama, Bush knew where he was as well , long before getting in to Pakistan's hide out. Does Tiber pass ring a bell? It should, this is where the rumor was spread the OBL needed dialysis, so knowing where one will be, and is, are 2 different things.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Everyone forgets old Bill Clinton ....................

Balk is a BIG word.............Hindsight also........ I wouldn't put it on him,but.........

edit on 7-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
why blame Obama, Bush knew where he was as well , long before getting in to Pakistan's hide out.

Bush screwed up and let Usama get away from Tora Bora.
I have no idea if Bush knew and sat on the information, or if he went in and screwed up.
However, according to this general, Obama knew exactly where UBL was and sat on it.

Both screwed up. Which one screwed up worse? I don't know.
Either way ... neither did a good job as Commander in Chief.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The CIA had the compound under surveillance since September 2010, so although not quite a year everybody knows that they had that compound under surveillance for quite some time. Granted at the time they only suspected that Bin Laden was present inside the compound hence why they took some time to get a better intelligence picture, there is nothing new in what the ex-General is saying.

It is important to remember that this guy was retired at the time that the intelligence for operation Neptune Spear was being gathered and the senior politicians debated what to do while NSWDG developed their mission. His knowledge s not first had, in any case everything he talks about was already in the public domain. He talks about the administration having that compound under suspicion form “summer 2010” which would fit with September 2010. He also goes on about how they wanted to wait until they had more solid confirmation that Bin Laden was in the compound.

The General may be critical regarding how long it took as to how long it took for the operation to be executed but at no point does he explicitly say that Obama “refused to act” as the OP has said. Rather he points out as I have already said that he white house was seeking clarification that it was indeed Bin Laden who was inside the compound. Saying Obama “Refused to act” is wrong, the General does not make such a claim and to say Obama “refused to act” is purely a claim that the OP is making. The truth is that Obama did act he was only briefed of a possible lead on Bin Laden in august 2010 he waited until that lead could be thoroughly investigated and once there was significant evidence to say that Bin Laden was highly likely to be in that compound he ordered the attack. He acted by ordering the execution of operation Neptune Spear. The OP’s assertion that Obama “refused to act” is in no way supported by his source.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
At this point I don't believe anything I hear regarding the death of OBL. I just mentally file each version away and add it the the growing national fantasy regarding this nations one time greatest enemy.

The whole burial at sea nonsense left a gaping hole in my circle of trust.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

And according to many other "insiders", OBL was dead for years already. The question is, why would you believe ANY of them more than the others?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Think its rather fair holding the current potus to the same standards that were set for the last one.

After all the left was all up in arms about how Bush sat in the classroom and didn't jump running out of the room with his head of fire.

Also just because a General retires does not mean his security clearance is right?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He probably knew but wanted to do more surveillance to be 110 percent sure because imagine if he wouldve struck the home and osama wasnt there.. pakistan wouldve been beyond mad

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Well since the only people that ever hear this will be those that visit conspiracy sites or watch Fox news - then it might as well have happened the way Obama claims - # I'm surprised they didn't show Barry sliding down a rope from a chopper and having a sword fight with OBL.

OMG....I'm rolling over here.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I still believe Bhutto.

But, I am surprised by the apologists in here. Obama, ahem Soetero, gets a free pass in the MSM (including Fox News) and now gets it in the comments section on Yahoo and ATS. The minions have been dispatched.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu
I still believe Bhutto.

Me too. Wasn't she conveniently murdered just DAYS after saying the words "...the man who murdered Osama Bin Laden" on a news broadcast?"

The man was dead LONG before 2010. I'm with the mod. There are a zillion reasons Obama sucks. This is not one of them. Well, other than the fact that he lied about killing him in an obvious attempt to garner good press or obfuscate some other issue. That really does suck.
edit on 5/7/12 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join