It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beastie Boys' MCA Adam Yauch dies of cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

LOS ANGELES — Adam Yauch, a co-founder of Grammy-winning hip-hop giants the Beastie Boys, died Friday after a three-year battle with cancer, the band's publicists said.

The 47-year-old, better known by his stage name MCA, died weeks after the pioneering white hip-hop act were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, although he was too ill to attend.

"It is with great sadness that we confirm that musician, rapper, activist and director Adam "MCA" Yauch ... passed away in his native New York City this morning after a near-three-year battle with cancer," said a statement.

Link

Beastie Boys was one of my favorite groups growing up, they were very creative in their music.
R.I.P Adam Yauch.

edit on 4-5-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was terribly sad when I saw this news earlier today. The Beastie Boys are one of my favorite bands of all time. I know it's cliche to say this but at least now he's not in pain anymore. RIP

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
No more Brooklyn Style Punk-Rap.

Bummer.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yes, shocking news.

Beastie Boys were a giant part of my youth, and I still love their music today. Sad sad day. Last I heard, he switched to a Vegan lifestyle on advice from his Tibetan doctors. I wonder if he also tried many of the holistic methods often discussed here... I knew something was wrong, when he couldn't attend the Rock and Roll HOF induction last month...

Been listening to BB songs all day in his memory #RIPMCA.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sad news indeed.

Even for those that do not like their music (although I don't like rap I like their style), 47 is way to young to die.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
No more Brooklyn Style Punk-Rap.

Bummer.

Yep, sadly right. That's the only style I ever liked. I hope they like it too in heaven.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
sad news. i loved his rapping style. the beasties are a superb group, i hope they carry on, though doubtless this will be difficult for them. my personal favourite beastie's album is 'the in sound from way out'. my favourite video - a tie between 'sabotage' and 'hey ladies'. r.i.p. Adam

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
They say a lot of people come back to this world to settle a karmic problem or to solve something, then once they do there is no reason for them to stay in this world any more.

Adam Yauch was a Buddhist and also donated much of his money and was actively involved with the Tibetan Independence Movement and also organized the Tibetan Freedom Concert. Russel Simmons once said that Adam Yauch "was incredibly sweet and the most sensitive artist, who I loved dearly.", which is something I have no problem believing about this awesome man.

Salivary gland cancerous tumors are extremely rare, even then.. they are usually very treatable by surgical removal. Adam Yauch even stated that his tumor at the time was "very treatable". He also began a vegan under the recommendation of his Tibetan doctor. There was no indication that he would die from this and it would not be at all expected.

I think Adam Yauch came to this world, was given the tools to become famous and popular, and then was able to use that fame and money to help the people of Tibet and others. He helped them tremendously and had no other responsibilities on this world. He was done here and it was his time.

I don't think his death was a bad thing. I think he is in a good place now and was able to settle his past karma. However, I'll still miss him and his music. He was great and I can't help but wonder if the other guys are still going to put out tunes.

"I want to offer my love and respect to the end." - Sureshot, Adam "MCA" Yauch (1964-2012)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join