It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has God ever really answered your prayers ?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Don't we all want World Peace? But this wont be answered through prayer since it is not remotely in the realm of possibility just like to end world hunger or to have amputees grow their legs and arms back. Every prayer that people claims have been answered is already theoretically possible without Divine Intervention.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Yes OP, God has......

Next question?.....yes you in the front...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Atisha
Without God we have nothing. That is the bottom line. God is my savior and my guidance. He has been there when none other was. He helped me struggle through. I do owe my life to God.

God Bless,

Gen. Andrew F. Strasser

You've got it backwards. WITH a god you are nothing. A puppet. A toy. And if you don't work right, he'll throw you in a fire.

In your mind create a world, and create people on that world. The people are working, learning, making babies... Now, stop thinking about that world. What happened to the people? They ceased to exist because they didn't exist in the first place.

So, if a god created us, then we don't exist.

I guess that depends on ones definition of "we". What if there is no separate individual "we" and the universe is one consciousness with parts that can choose to tune into the "whole" or just focus on their own little bubble. In the latter case you would be right, the "we" doesn't exist, and in the former you would be wrong, the "we" would always exist. It comes down to your definition of "we".

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubAce
Yes, he answers my prayers.

He listens to all sincere prayers.

He does not answer all prayers.

He does not listen to insincere prayers.

He may answer prayers in a way we did not expect.

No one can prove God to you. He will do that on his own. It is pointless to try and prove someone to someone who doesn't want to believe.

Faith is a belief in the unseen although it can be proven to exist, or you have concrete evidence, without a shadow of a doubt it will come about.

When that faith is realized then hope is no more. You cannot hope for things you see, you cannot have faith in things you behold.

When God does finally reveal himself to everyone, then faith in him will be pointless for all will KNOW that He is real.

It is those who have faith now that will do well.

(2 Thessalonians 3:2) . . ., for faith is not a possession of all people.

(Romans 8:24, 25) . . .For we were saved in [this] hope; but hope that is seen is not hope, for when a man sees a thing, does he hope for it? But if we hope for what we do not see, we keep on waiting for it with endurance.

(Hebrews 11:1) Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

(John 20:29) . . .Jesus said to him: “Because you have seen me have you believed? Happy are those who do not see and yet believe.”

(Ezekiel 38:23) . . .And I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’

Logically, how can you make the assertion that god answers your prayers, based on your comment?

You recognize that he does not answer ALL prayers, nor in the way that we always want. Based on that alone, your statement is incorrect. Not all prayers? Then whose? So essentially there is favortism, which would not be in line with an omnipotent being. If you argue that there is not favortism, then you must conclude that he (god) must be incompetent in certain areas, thus ignoring some of the people.

Like Zeer0 stated, why is it that you would get a wish granted (yes, I call them 'wishes') and hungry children in 3rd world countries prayers go ignored?

Why do babies die everyday of cancer and other illness at St. Jude Children's Hospital, regardless of the countless prayers from their families?

Yet, someone who 'prayed' for an A on a test, a job, or a new car gets their "wishes granted"...

Critical thinking shows that once again, either :

this is a sick and twisted god (like the one in the old testament) who gets a kick out of watching human suffering....

he is totally incompetent (does not have the capability of intervening)....

or he simply does not care (indifferent).

Argue that.

edit on 5-5-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Let me check my list....let's see......

Rick Santorum turning- or admitting that he is- gay? Nope.
All war stopped? Nope.
Am I a rich and popular rock star? Nope.
Suffering of innocent children ended? Nope.
Mitt Romney put in a dog carrier and strapped to the top of his campaign bus? Nope.
Do I have such an interesting and fulfilling life that I'm waaay too damn busy to even reply to this thread? Nope.

Well, I guess not. I can't buy into the concepts posited by any organized religion. The only belief system that is even plausible in that regard is Buddhism.
The irrational desire for a protector/overseer up in the sky is widely held by much of humanity, obviously.Acceptance of death is unthinkable, so they must have an afterlife to look forward to. What happens after death is the greatest mystery after all.

People want some reason and rationale for suffering and tragedy. They want to feel safe and secure. NEWSFLASH: There is no rationale, folks. Bad things happen to good people. Good things happen to bad people. Children suffer and die from disease. Religion causes division amongst people and incites "justifiable" wars. Everything changes, and the Universe is ruled by entropy and violent forces beyond our comprehension.
You might as well spend your time sending Santa Clause a wish list, or hoping the Easter Bunny brings cash in his basket. At least if you buy a lottery ticket, you have some actual chance, albeit small, of winning.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Yes, God answered a prayer when I was down and out - broke financially and emotionally. One day I was asked if I believed in God. Why are where the question came from still haunts me. I basically said no using a atheist's diatribe.

When I answered, I knew right away I failed my test. Needless to say, my prayer was not granted.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Nope, he has never answered my prayers. i have been on a Gang Stalking list/under 24/7 surveillance 8 years.

Since I woke up to this 4 years ago I have prayed a lot to no avail.

I assume that once Satan / Gang stalkers got hold of me God ran for the hills.

This planet is ruled by Satan NOT god and I think this has something to do with it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Humans tend to think that "God" is an outside source but in reality "God" is within yourself, Not an entity thats separate from you or even higher than you. You are God! It is your very belief that there is a single almighty "God" that makes it so real to you. You give your power away to that belief so that you wont feel alone! Just think of all the hard times you went through and you say to yourself "God got me through it" but no "God" didnt, YOU DID! He didnt take over your life and live it for you. You create your own reality, I dont know why people think that they are so powerless and weak when in all actuality it is very much quite the opposite. You've changed the world in more ways then one...Now to me is seem like changing the world is only something Gods AND Goddesses can do.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yurichan
Nope, he has never answered my prayers. i have been on a Gang Stalking list/under 24/7 surveillance 8 years.

Since I woke up to this 4 years ago I have prayed a lot to no avail.

I assume that once Satan / Gang stalkers got hold of me God ran for the hills.

This planet is ruled by Satan NOT god and I think this has something to do with it.

Satan was the good guy...He was on humanity's side. Lord God (all of them were 'god's =aliens) hated him for upgrading the humans, by giving them intelligence.

Satan rebelled against the tyrannical, sadistic Lord God, and thus was called a Satan (hebrew meaning 'adversary')

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LaborofLove

God may or not be catholic. That is not the point. Why condemn it?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

What if those babies get rewarded more in their afterlife? It's very possible that the more you suffer now, the greater the reward later.

Your argument seems to be, why is there no logic to his actions? There is no logic only if you look at this life and only this universe. There are probably a ton of worlds out there where evil doesn't exist, which in the end is what most people's arguments come down to.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mackspower75
What if there is no separate individual "we" and the universe is one consciousness with parts that can choose to tune into the "whole" or just focus on their own little bubble.

Consciousness is not a self-sustaining machine. Try watching a show without having any television turned on. Try filling a room with a song without having any music device running.

Consciousness needs connections to formulate ideas, and a collection area to store knowledge in. Without connections and storage there can be no consciousness.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888

What if those babies get rewarded more in their afterlife? It's very possible that the more you suffer now, the greater the reward later.

Your argument seems to be, why is there no logic to his actions? There is no logic only if you look at this life and only this universe. There are probably a ton of worlds out there where evil doesn't exist, which in the end is what most people's arguments come down to.

"rewarded"? for what? Something rewarded is usually something earned or reimbursed. What you are suggesting is that when someone suffers it is actually a good thing. Your imagination can think off all sorts of alternate scenarios for in which God is right, but it requires God to never be wrong.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

You recognize that he does not answer ALL prayers, nor in the way that we always want. Based on that alone, your statement is incorrect. Not all prayers? Then whose? So essentially there is favortism, which would not be in line with an omnipotent being. If you argue that there is not favortism, then you must conclude that he (god) must be incompetent in certain areas, thus ignoring some of the people.

You, kind sir, are not using logic. Certainly there is no favoritism with God. Why must he listen to all prayers? Do you know more than God? Or can you read everyone's heart and mind? Do you know God's mind? Can you judge him?

Now it would be good to remind you of this fact:

(Acts 10:34, 35) . . .: “For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.

There is no prejudice with God. He does not make distinctions between people because of their race, ethnic background, age, gender, or any other thing. He merely looks at their heart, and those who are righteous are acceptable to him.

Now you ask the question of favoritism, and certainly there is none with God. And he even tells us why he doesn't listen to every prayer. For example in a certain scripture it is stated:

(Proverbs 15:29) . . .Jehovah is far away from the wicked ones, but the prayer of the righteous ones he hears.

Here we clearly see that a person that is wicked, acts detestable, Jehovah is far away from that one. But God does hear the prayer of the righteous. You asked the question, that is the answer.

Here is another example of why God refuses to listen to many people's prayers (this can include entire groups of people that have become blood-guilty in God's eyes):

(Isaiah 1:15) . . .And when YOU spread out YOUR palms, I hide my eyes from YOU. Even though YOU make many prayers, I am not listening; with bloodshed YOUR very hands have become filled.

Now God would prefer to listen to that peoples prayers so he does tell those who are wicked and detesable and filled with violence (which he detests) and bloodshed this:

(Isaiah 1:16, 17) . . .Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the badness of YOUR dealings from in front of my eyes; cease to do bad. 17 Learn to do good; search for justice; set right the oppressor; render judgment for the fatherless boy; plead the cause of the widow.”

Like Zeer0 stated, why is it that you would get a wish granted (yes, I call them 'wishes') and hungry children in 3rd world countries prayers go ignored?

The scripture states that whatever we pray for (if we do so with faith) that is according to God's will will be answered Jehovah's witnesses. Although he does answer the prayers of all who are sincere. And Jesus then tells us what is appropiate to pray for in Matthew 6:9, 10. For Jehovah holy name to be sanctified, for God's righteous kingdom government to rid earth of all wickedness and establish his righteous government and bring peace to all the earth, to ask for forgiveness of sins, to ask for food to eat for today.

People in third world countries can pray for the same things and be answered. God does not give success as far as worldly concerns go. He does listen to his people. None of Jehovah's witnesses anywhere in the world, and many are poor, are left hungry or go without a place to stay. So he does take care of his people and does answer the prayers of righteous people.

If someone is neglected it is not Jehovah's fault. They need to draw close to him. Jehovah is not ruling the world in general right now. He has let man rule himself. Man certainly has not helped himself has he? And while he has, in his wisdom, allotted a time for man to rule without his intervention to prove that man cannot rule himself, he will soon intervene and set matters straight. At that time he will answer the prayers of all those moaning and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done on earth. Then all those who hate what is good will be done away with and the righteous will be left in a world of peace and security.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by mackspower75
What if there is no separate individual "we" and the universe is one consciousness with parts that can choose to tune into the "whole" or just focus on their own little bubble.

Consciousness is not a self-sustaining machine. Try watching a show without having any television turned on. Try filling a room with a song without having any music device running.

Consciousness needs connections to formulate ideas, and a collection area to store knowledge in. Without connections and storage there can be no consciousness.

Consciousness created the electricity, T.V, radio, music and shows, not the reverse.

Also I can imagine or create all sorts of things fine without electricity, T.V., or a radio, only environmental energy and a gradient in which it can be put to work is necessary and I see plenty of that in existence. I also don't believe that gradient will ever dissipate in some imagined future heat death and instead it is retained infinitely being impossible to destroy because it can only change form from matter to energy and finally to space, which are then reversed in a collapse, once a balance is reached, which then expands again, ad-infinitum.. All that is required for this is the very simplest idea to work forward from. Once that is done infinite patterns are possible based on that simple idea as is the direct reverse of those patterns in such a way as the old patterns are retained in the new ones and the entire thing starts over again. For all of the above only 4 fundamental things are necessary:Consciousness, infinite energy and constructive interference balanced with destructive interference. With those 4 things and a simple fundamental idea anything can be created.
Also Consciousness is a self-sustaining machine, otherwise, the progressing order of human intelligence and complexity, along with the outgrowth of those very traits to begin with, would not be possible but I see evidence of them everywhere. Read Spinoza's "Treatise on the Emendation of the Intellect" and maybe you will understand what I mean.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
God has answered my prayers 100s of times and sometimes instantly by me asking mentally. He's watching every second, hard to believe but I've seen it in my personal life.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by holywar666

So, if Jesus never did that, then why are you labeled as the Anti-Christ? Don't you need to have a Christ to have an anti-Christ?

No, i'm just Anti-Christ. Anything Christ, i'm against. Religion is ridiculous. Plus im also adopted like Damien, the Antichrist in the Omen flicks. Its a nice jingle. Goes well with Jason & the World Trade Center.

edit on 4-5-2012 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

Being against a specific religon or seeing the hypocrazy sometimes is not anti-god. Do anyone really think Christian Bible have gotten everything right? If they are then they are truly blind and noramly Christians pick and choose parts because they know It is not completly right. The bible is the peoples of that time views on god. Clearly usable for someone who is after what the people where seeking spirituality but written by people who have a very different frame of reference than we do.

Today you have an extreme tool in front of you where you can get information on god:
Law of Attraction/Synchronicity (Since old folks could not understand how god works in mysterious ways).
Chakra/Chi that is how the body works within a person that can make you whole body feel so harmonious and alive to a degree that is truly remarkable.
Knowledge of duality and ego in man.
The strange thing is that all religon seem to point at droping duality views and ego is the way to be wise.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am answering a question, and I have no desires to make anyone a believer, once again, many times I have seen miracles,

When my granddaughter was about three, she had a large tennis ball sized cyst forming behind her knee, surgery was scheduled, I hated that idea, so one day when she came over I looked at her and said Amanda, do you believe god can heal your leg, the faith of a child, she said yes grandma, slowly but surely it disappeared, she is now 22.

Her mother recently had a large bone spur on the top of her foot, it was huge and needed removed, it had been there for close to a year, I hesitate sometimes, there is a moment in time when it just happens, when it is right, when it is right you don't hesitate you just act.

So one day she showed me how big it had gotten, I said give me your foot,I just laid my hands on it, she said my hands were on fire,

A few days later she called to tell me it was getting smaller, last week she showed me it was totally gone.

Many years ago I was lead to go into the bar my brother was at, he had been an alcoholic most of his life, once again this isn't something you think about it just happens, I ask him if he wanted set free from the alcoholism, he said yes, I prayed for him in the bar, he never drank again.

Anyway, I could write a book.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I answered that question the best I could,

When charitable organization feed the hungry and treat the sick, isn't that an answer to prayer?

Billions have been spent and donated to Africa, I posted the links, I also told Zeero, to donate and he would be answering someones prayer.

the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

I don't follow a dogma or laws, but I try to follow simple teaching that mean the most.

To ask why children in third world countries go ignored, well who is doing the ignoring?

We know yet we don't act.

We can make the difference because it was a divinely inspired command.

We failed.
edit on 093131p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
He must be reading it, but he seems to have been partly deserting the thread. Is this just an investigation into what people feel.

Considering the things I'm uncovering about the world and nazi infiltatrations of small towns, and the whole thing they've been doing, I don't think asking people to expose their beliefs, especially on faith and miracles/relgions, are needed right now, let them guess. They want to monitor every thought or feeling we have, I have one: You guys need a cosmic arrest team to round you up for a long stint of counseling so you guys turn from dark to light again. The free will of the few does not slam dunk the free of anyone else. So your ideas of free will are twisted and will be dealt with.

To me, why ask questions without participating, I just distrust threads like this considering that they are always using public input against us, to control us, when they need to be arrested and dealt with. They need to be controlled.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join