It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's still there- Venus with dark shadow or storm on May 3, 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Understood and thanks for doing the double take!

edit on 2012/5/4 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
reply to post by Ahmose

Understood and thanks for doing the double take!

For sure.

Gonna put a 20" scope on'er later tonight and see if I can see anything out of the ordinary.
If anything will show me, It will be this 20" scope. lol

Clear skies please, Universe!

Actually, will focus a 5" scope, a 14" scope, and a 20" scope on her.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Watched this 4 times now, and i still have no good idea of what that is.
Call me intrigued.. lol

Thanks again.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Ahmose

Please watch the video. This isn't the dark/light side phases that are being shown.

Yeah -- but what is shown in the video is simply am out-of-focus Venus. The large-diameter circle seen in the video is venus, but the reason why it is a large diameter circle is because it is out of focus, NOT because he is magnifying it by a great amount..And if it is out of focus, then the "storm clouds" (if they were a storm) would not be in focus. Most likely the shadow is some dust or mark in his equipment.

Venus should actually look much smaller than it does in that video, and only looks large because of the focus issue (or "bokeh"). Besides, Venus at the moment should appear to be a crescent when seen from Earth, NOT a "full" circle.

edit on 5/4/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

reply to post by Ahmose

Please watch the video. This isn't the dark/light side phases that are being shown.

Yeah -- but what is shown in the video is simply am out-of-focus Venus. The large-diameter circle seen in the video is venus, but the reason why it is a large diameter circle is because it is out of focus, NOT because he is magnifying it by a great amount..And if it is out of focus, then the "storm clouds" (if they were a storm) would not be in focus. Most likely the shadow is some dust or mark in his equipment.

Venus should actually look much smaller than it does in that video, and only looks large because of the focus issue (or "bokeh"). Besides, Venus at the moment should appear to be a crescent when seen from Earth, NOT a "full" circle.

edit on 5/4/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

These are good points for sure.

But I'm still intrigued enough to look closely tonight. lol

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Their holograms are starting to fade.
That's not actually a planet I hope you all know.
Watch that video again and tell me I'm wrong.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Their holograms are starting to fade.
That's not actually a planet I hope you all know.
Watch that video again and tell me I'm wrong.

lol

Oh yeah?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Odd how you only see it when the image is out of focus.. My guess is that it is a artifact more than dark shadow.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
looks like a speck of dust somewhere in the optical path to me, close to the sensor I would say

+1 more 
posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If it were dust in the optics it would move with the camera but whatever it is stays precisely placed on the planet so I'm not buying the dust angle.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
If it were dust in the optics it would move with the camera but whatever it is stays precisely placed on the planet so I'm not buying the dust angle.

Most agreed.
It would not stay in the same place "on the planet" were it dust. lol

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

lol, ok .... just re-looked at the video, and it CAN'T be dust. When I typed my first comment, I just had one frame inprinted on my mind.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Interesting
If you look at dark clouds at the start of the vid - they are lowish on the horizon
Maybe the dark cloud is not on Venus but a small bit of cloud in the line of view

edit on 4-5-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
reply to post by minkmouse

lol, ok .... just re-looked at the video, and it CAN'T be dust. When I typed my first comment, I just had one frame inprinted on my mind.

Still, the full round circle view of Venus we see in the video is only big and round because it is out of focus, and being that out of focus, we wouldn't be able to see ANY detailed features on Venus (or in Venus' clouds).

A good indication that this is out of focus is that Venus right now is crescent-shaped as seen from Earth (like a quarter moon). Granted, you wouldn't be able to really notice the crescent-shape with a video camera zoom lens -- you would need a telescope. Venus would only be small and almost point-like when seen with this video camera, even at the camera's best magnification. It only looks big and round in this video because it is out of focus.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Damn it is too cloudy and rainy here or I would photograph Venus tonight with my 5" not the greatest but it would detect a spot on Venus.

I don't think this is dust either but maybe an imperfection but honestly the round shape when you zoom in is not the actual planet as has already been explained.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'll check it out tonight and so far the weather looks good today.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The definition of Lucifer =

The planet Venus when appearing as the morning star. (dictionary)

Since space is a hoax, that means Lucifer might be the name for this experiment that we are all trapped in (Truman Show). That would explain the constant subliminal references throughout mainstream media regarding Lucifer/Satan etc.

There's nothing up there folks. Only way you can prove me wrong, is if YOU went up to space and posted some footage. Which will never happen. Until then- fake moon, fake sun, fake everything. Why not?

How does one keep a lizard alive in a aquarium? Add water? Add light? Add food?

Did God just say "LET THERE BE LIGHT" and that was it? Millions of people seem to believe so.....

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

Only way you can prove me wrong, is if YOU went up to space and posted some footage.

And you would, of course, accept such footage without question. Right?

Sure you would.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

Venus is Venus and Lucifer is a story
Have you ever looked up at the night sky - all those sparkly things - are they just your imagination playing tricks with you

EDIT Lizards do not live in Aquariums - fish do - Try Atrium

edit on 4-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

this would have mostlikely been all over MSM... unless that is, you think MSM would blacklist such a story, which I HIGHLY DOUBT.

Not necessarily. If indeed it had a potential to cause problems on Earth, they would keep it as secret as long as they could. After all, we have to maintain the economy, can not let a cataclysm stop the presses.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join