It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's still there- Venus with dark shadow or storm on May 3, 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

a crescent shaped shadow on venus, apparently
It started on April 26 around 9:20 pm and has had the shadow since then.

anyone have a good telescope?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
good catch fella....what the hell is that,i just googled venus and there aint no shadow on them images..
strange....will follow this thread to see what the experts say....

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Oh,so it wasn't my scope then....I seen it last week and ripped it apart for a cleaning.I'll check it out on the super moon night.A fellow dead head I see

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Agh Venus just set here in Hawaii, but I promise tomorrow I check it out through my telescope. I will post what I see in this thread. Unfortunately I cant get pics through my 'scope (I've tried with my cell phone, no luck) but I'm pretty sure I will be able to see that, whatever it is.

Good find. Excited to find out what it is!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Oh don't worry, it's just a build up of energy that is about to rip into earth like jesus via plasma discharge
, bringing some into christ consciousness and eternity with the perception of heaven... for the others... not so fun.

Nah, Venus is fine... this would have mostlikely been all over MSM... unless that is, you think MSM would blacklist such a story, which I HIGHLY DOUBT.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I know I sound like a freakin broken record player, but damn that's amazing how we can just zoom on a planet like that
what is the point of venus?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I see a "crescent shaped shadow" on the bokeh which I assume is Venus in your video, but it's just on the bokeh, which only reveals the shape of your optics and any imperfections/gunk that happens to be on them. Venus itself is crescent shaped at the moment (last I observed it a month ago it was just entering the crescent phase: www.twitch.tv... 1:35:00 onwards in this video), but its true shape is not actually resolved in your video as far as I can tell.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

poster above says he seen it and cleaned his scope,so maybe it is a shadow and not dirty optics??
wish i hadent sold my scope a month ago,damn.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking

poster above says he seen it and cleaned his scope,so maybe it is a shadow and not dirty optics??
wish i hadent sold my scope a month ago,damn.

Venus IS a crescent, which sounds like what the other poster saw. Your bokeh does not reveal any information about the shape of the object, it only reveals information about your optics. When properly focused Venus presents as a point-like light source in your video, its true crescent shape can't be seen from what I saw.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

ohmy what an excellent catch OP

hope we will have a closer picture soon...

i cant imagine a storm on venus being visible from here

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'll shoot a very close video of Venus tomorrow night (if the weather permits) and post it.
edit on 4-5-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

looking forward to it...thanks...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I say its just artifact, could be compression error or something.

Venus doesn't have storms, since wind needs temperature difference. Venus doesn't have temperature differences since it acts like greenhouse. There is only slight temperature difference on night and day side.

Get better camera, not iPhone and use telescope with camera.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Venus isn't even in focus in that video.. You are looking at an out of focus image!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by warlok
Venus isn't even in focus in that video.. You are looking at an out of focus image!

That's what I've been trying to tell them, they don't seem to understand the consequences of what that means.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Almost a "Batman" distress call sign

edit on 4-5-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Venus is indeed in a crescent phase. I was looking at it last night in my 12" Dobsonian Telescope. Pretty awesome sight, actually!

Perfectly normal, by the way

I will check tonight to see if it has a "shadow". That's not normal!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-5-2012 by Adaven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You guys never looked at Venus through a scope?

It goes through "phases" just like our moon. It often has a crescent. It's nothing new or strange.
Just Venus as she naturally is.. Always. lol

Sometimes she is "full", Like a full moon, Sometimes She is not, and appears as a crescent.
Natural phases.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Please watch the video. This isn't the dark/light side phases that are being shown.
edit on 2012/5/4 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
reply to post by Ahmose

Please watch the video. This isn't the dark/light side phases that are being shown.

My apologies.
Just soo used to people around here being entirely uneducated in regards to astronomy and claiming "weird" things that are not really weird at all, I guess ive become cynical and desensitized to it all. lol

Watched the vid...
and I have no real explanation for what Im seeing... yet. lol

Anyway, thanks for making me watch it. lol

Will be breaking out a scope tonight to check it out up close though.. for sure.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join