It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones says TAP WATER causes IQ reduction of 20 points

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I believe it reduces your IQ but not permanently. It can cause some organ damage that can lead to permanent damage though. It just makes it harder to think. . Too much fluoride dopes a person up but they don't realize they are doped. By my theory, English people and the Chinese would have more immunity because thelr ancestors drank lots of tea for a long time. Just a way of separating the classes by some showing more intellect in school.
edit on 3-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

There is absolutely nothing scientific about what you just said.... lol.....

Come on.... You can't just say "I believe" this or that.....

We've already established that over 8 parts per million causes IQ reduction...... But we know that nowhere in the US has anywhere near 8 parts...... The average is approx. 1 part per million.... EIGHT TIMES less....

So...... again.... bring on the studies.... There are none.

It's really simple........ there would be a MASSIVE scandal if tap water caused IQ reduction......

OK.... We are living in a world with nuclear weapons..... supersonic-speed planes........ highly advanced technology........ There are plenty of scientists all over the world, who have studied fluoride in the US water system..... and no studies have shown IQ reduction.

If you are listening to conspiracy theorists, who conveniently have water filters to sell..... then you are not getting your information from a good source.

Just because the government has screwed up a lot of things, and been corrupt at many points.... doesn't mean that they are using tap water to dumb you down, or murder you.
edit on 3-5-2012 by foood4thought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by foood4thought

How come our government recently reduced the fluoride in water and banned production of fluoridated pesticides. The average fluoride in the skin of the potato skin was 11 times the maximum safe dose. This just the potato and fluoride chemicals were used extensively on lots of veggies.

No. drinking 6 glasses of water a day may not lower your IQ, but everything that is cooked in fluoridated water gains the ion. It doesn't evaporate when boiled either. Try tripling the level of fluoride from the results because that is what the compounding effect does when it is added in water. Everything that is processed in fluoridated water gains the ion. No, I guess you don't understand.

I'm on another post arguing with a guy that fluoride of the right kind is good and I'm not afraid of fluoride because I understand how to neutralize it's effect. Here I'm replying to someone about it lowering intelligence which it does to most people. I don't have to prove what I've learned from thousands of articles. Organic fluoride in coffee and tea calms people and makes them get along. Cilantro is a little strong for me. That crap they put in water is not organic and absorption is higher. It has too many side effects. It also stains teeth like coffee and tea do. How is that good for teeth.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Alex is right on this. I grew up with spring-water, enjoyed better teath and a higher IQ than my classmates... I think the water was part of it. But sadly its not just from the tap any more. The new "Whole Brain Education (INDOCRINATION)" features FLUORIDE. Like this, watch!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
how far back do we have to go to find bad teeth as the No.1 cause of death...

Alex takes a small portion of truth and mixes it with deceit and comes up with an OMG situation to promote ratings of entertainment.

Its called spin people...

see through it, liberate your mind

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Oh my word, not again. Your loathing of Alex and all these threads are reducing my IQ!

Anyway, nice timing, I actually checked this forum for a thread so I could post this.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by foood4thought

Originally posted by Swills
That's just one study but proof enough that IQs were indeed lowered. The more you ingest the worst off you'll be. I totally already agreed he is sensational but he's not a liar. See for yourselves, it's clearly obvious you don't know these studies exist and didn't bother to see for yourself if Alex Jones is full of it or not....

/slow clap

edit on 3-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

You are now lying worse than Alex Jones.

Your study shows 8.3 PARTS PER MILLION... That is EIGHT times the concentration of fluoride in the US.

OK...... Chugging down a tube of toothpaste is not the same as drinking tap water.

If your IQ was reduced 20 points by drinking tap water..... it would be a huge scandal. Scientists and politicians would be all over it..... You are insane....

Alex Jones doesn't believe what he's saying..... He is lying to you, to scare you into being so stupid, that you buy some overpriced product like a moron.... and so that you make stupid decisions in your personal life.

Alex Jones is like a cancer, a black hole.... an absolutely disgusting human being.

yes, flouride is a toxic poison... AJ is right ... most people don't even realize that the ADA said no flouride for babies yet many baby foods have it in them...... flouride is so prevelant in our entire food supply...

maybe that is why 80 percent of Americans blindly follow their political partry talking points.....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

ROFLMAO!!!! hilarious!!!! and it makes my point about AJ

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

How come our government recently reduced the fluoride in water and banned production of fluoridated pesticides.

It wasn't because of a 20 point IQ reduction........

And pesticides have nothing to do with tap water.

Here I'm replying to someone about it lowering intelligence which it does to most people. I don't have to prove what I've learned from thousands of articles.

Yes, you do....... You do have to prove it, with peer-reviewed scientific studies.....

You can't just sit here..... and say you've read "thousands of articles"..... and claim that this is evidence....

If you did that, you would be laughed out of any debate, and laughed out of any scientific establishment.....

There's a reason Alex Jones doesn't debate people very much..... because he's a compulsive liar..... who takes very selective information....... and ignores key science....... and then tries to sell you a water filter......

It's that damn simple.......

I am still waiting for someone to actually post a study which proves any IQ reduction at US levels of fluoride..... as in, 1 part per million........ Instead, I get you saying you don't even need to prove anything, because of your "thousands of articles"...... lol

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I don't think Alex has to worry really, Justin will turn him into a Beleiber eventually.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I bet Justin Bieber drinks loads of tap water, and he's not retar---

Oh, wait..

In all seriousness, no one has posted any proof of IQ reduction from US tap water, so..... it's BS. Case closed. Alex Jones is lying as usual.

Truth is...... Alex Jones has only ever been right about one thing....... and that's that Justin Bieber sucks.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

What's your stance on fluoride and its effects on IQs? Do you believe it doesn't at all lower IQ? Do you believe only in high doses does it lower IQ? Do you believe moderate amounts are okay and won't lower intelligence? Do you believe low amounts of fluoride have no effect on intelligence? Or are you just here to call Alex Jones out on his exaggerations?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There are many studies related to the effects of fluoride on the brain. For all that are denying that it doesn't do harm, should do a little research.

1) Fluoride's ability to damage the brain represents one of the most active areas of research on fluoride toxicity today.

2) The research on fluoride and the brain has been fueled by 18 human studies from China, India, Iran, and Mexico finding elevated levels of fluoride exposure to be associated with IQ deficits in children. Fluoride's impact on IQ is exacerbated among children with low-iodine exposure.

3) The impact of fluoride on children's IQ has been documented even after controlling for children's lead exposure, iodine exposure, parental education and income status, and other known factors that might impact the results (Rocha-Amador 2007; Xiang 2003 a,b).

4) In addition to IQ studies, 3 studies (Yu 1996; Du 1992; Han 1989) have found that fluoride accumulates in the brain of the fetus, causing damage to cells and neurotransmitters and 1 study (Li 2004) has found a correlation between exposure to fluoride during fetal development and behavioral deficits among neonates.

5) Several recent studies have found that even adult exposures to fluoride may result in central nervous system disturbances, particularly among industrial workers.

5) The findings of neurological effects in fluoride-exposed humans is consistent with, and strengthened by, recent findings from over 40 animal studies published since 1992. As with the studies on humans, the studies on animals have reported an impairment in learning and memory prorcesses among the fluoride-treated groups.

6) The animal studies have also documented considerable evidence of direct toxic effects of fluoride on brain tissue, even at levels as low as 1 ppm fluoride in water (Varner 1998). These effects include:

-- reduction in nicotinic acetylcholine receptors;
-- reduction in lipid content;
-- impaired anti-oxidant defense systems;
-- damage to the hippocampus;
-- damage to the purkinje cells;
-- increased uptake of aluminum;
-- formation of beta-amyloid plaques (the classic brain abnormality in Alzheimer's disease);
-- exacerbation of lesions induced by iodine deficiency; and
-- accumulation of fluoride in the pineal gland.

www.fluoridealert.org...

If you want to really find out what fluoride does to the whole body, here is an eye opening site.

Dangers of fluoride

Fluoride is a deadly poison being feed to the public without our consent. If the public really knew what fluoride did to them, then we might be able to make a change. But the sheeple will go along with whatever they're told.
edit on 4-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Shut up and go drink your fluoride citizen its good for you teeth and don't forget to take your soma...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

What's your stance on fluoride and its effects on IQs? Do you believe it doesn't at all lower IQ? Do you believe only in high doses does it lower IQ? Do you believe moderate amounts are okay and won't lower intelligence? Do you believe low amounts of fluoride have no effect on intelligence?

I believe that fluoride in the US tap water, at current levels, has no effect on anything. It has absolutely ZERO effect on your health. The reason being.... there is no evidence, other than nutjobs/sociopaths/compulsive liars like Alex Jones.

Originally posted by chrismicha77
There are many studies related to the effects of fluoride on the brain. For all that are denying that it doesn't do harm, should do a little research.

You're not actually posting studies.... You're just posting a link to a web page, which claims studies have shown health effects..... but you're not linking to the actual studies......... That's no different from Alex Jones just claiming there was some study that showed 20 point IQ reduction.... but he doesn't actually show the study.

So, I'll ask you again...... Where are the actual studies which show IQ reduction?
edit on 4-5-2012 by foood4thought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Well now that I am on to you, no such luck.

Oh...and Drink up.

reply to post by phantomjack

Thank you!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Even if tap water didn't lower your IQ (which it probably does), it still isn't good for you and there's no reason you would want to drink it.

A brief look at water fluoridation and the insanity of it

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by foood4thought

That's just one study but proof enough that IQs were indeed lowered. The more you ingest the worst off you'll be. I totally already agreed he is sensational but he's not a liar. See for yourselves, it's clearly obvious you don't know these studies exist and didn't bother to see for yourself if Alex Jones is full of it or not....

/slow clap

edit on 3-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

You are now lying worse than Alex Jones.

Your study shows 8.3 PARTS PER MILLION... That is EIGHT times the concentration of fluoride in the US.

OK...... Chugging down a tube of toothpaste is not the same as drinking tap water.

If your IQ was reduced 20 points by drinking tap water..... it would be a huge scandal. Scientists and politicians would be all over it..... You are insane....

Alex Jones doesn't believe what he's saying..... He is lying to you, to scare you into being so stupid, that you buy some overpriced product like a moron.... and so that you make stupid decisions in your personal life.

Alex Jones is like a cancer, a black hole.... an absolutely disgusting human being.

Actually "Chugging down a tube of toothpaste" would pretty much tell everything about that person's IQ. Theres no need to make a study

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i call shenanigans. i don't set stock by what alex jones says. never have. he routinely distorts the facts and spreads fear mongering. he sort of reminds me of rush limbaugh and michael moore, not in substance, but how they cherry pick and make sensationalist claims.

i have no doubt high levels of flouride would adversely affect developing brains, but i've been drinking and using tap water my whole life and my iq is 130+
edit on 4-5-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Are you the Australian guy that makes all these vids?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

He has OBVIOUSLY drunk hundreds of gallons of it then!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join