It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones says TAP WATER causes IQ reduction of 20 points

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
In this video.... Alex Jones says your IQ is reduced 10 to 20 points.... if you drink tap water in the United States..... He says the fluoride in the water causes your IQ to go down 10 to 20 points....

He says there are supposedly "thousands" of studies proving it.... but yet, he gives none... We all know the average IQ is 100, so he's saying drinking tap water would cause it to go down 20 points.

In case you think it's a mistake, or he "mis-spoke", the video shows him saying it on 3 separate occasions....

This man is lying to you, in order to sell you water filters. The video proves it.... Here is the video....

Video link is here: www.youtube.com...

Share this with everyone. Let's expose the truth about this!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by foood4thought

Say what you will about Alex Jones but there are studies that exist that back up his claim. Check out my thread, Fluoride lowering childrens IQ?. Alex Jones is sensational though, there is no doubt but he's not lying. Here's one example,

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Environ Health Perspect. 2007 April; 115(4): 643–647.
Published online 2007 January 9. doi: 10.1289/ehp.9270

Background
Recently, in a cross-sectional study of 201 children in Araihazar, Bangladesh, exposure to arsenic (As) in drinking water has been shown to lower the scores on tests that measure children’s intellectual function before and after adjustment for sociodemographic features.

Objectives
We investigated the effects of As and fluoride exposure on children’s intelligence and growth.

Methods
We report the results of a study of 720 children between 8 and 12 years of age in rural villages in Shanyin county, Shanxi province, China. The children were exposed to As at concentrations of 142 ± 106 μg/L (medium-As group) and 190 ± 183 μg/L (high-As group) in drinking water compared with the control group that was exposed to low concentrations of As (2 ± 3 μg/L) and low concentrations of fluoride (0.5 ± 0.2 mg/L). A study group of children exposed to high concentrations of fluoride (8.3 ± 1.9 mg/L) but low concentrations of As (3 ± 3 μg/L) was also included because of the common occurrence of elevated concentrations of fluoride in groundwater in our study area. A standardized IQ (intelligence quotient) test was modified for children in rural China and was based on the classic Raven’s test used to determine the effects of these exposures on children’s intelligence. A standardized measurement procedure for weight, height, chest circumference, and lung capacity was used to determine the effects of these exposures on children’s growth.

Results
The mean IQ scores decreased from 105 ± 15 for the control group, to 101 ± 16 for the medium-As group (p < 0.05), and to 95 ± 17 for the high-As group (p < 0.01). The mean IQ score for the high-fluoride group was 101 ± 16 and significantly different from that of the control group (p < 0.05). Children in the control group were taller than those in the high-fluoride group (p < 0.05); weighed more than the those in the high-As group (p < 0.05); and had higher lung capacity than those in the medium-As group (p < 0.05).

Conclusions
Children’s intelligence and growth can be affected by high concentrations of As or fluoride. The IQ scores of the children in the high-As group were the lowest among the four groups we investigated. It is more significant that high concentrations of As affect children’s intelligence. It indicates that arsenic exposure can affect children’s intelligence and growth.

On a side note, many bottled waters out there like Pepsi's Aquafina or Coke's, err, whatever, contain plenty of fluoride and other nasties, So steer clear of that crap.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by foood4thought
In this video.... Alex Jones says your IQ is reduced 10 to 20 points.... if you drink tap water in the United States..... He says the fluoride in the water causes your IQ to go down 10 to 20 points....

So does Alex Jones.........

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
AJ is a fraud and charlatan, and yes, this video proves it. A hokey scare-tactic to get people to buy his water filters.

"All the scientific studies show my IQ has been reduced by at least 20 points."

Just don't ask him to show you those studies.

+5 more 
link   
IT DOES LOWER IQ.

There is massive amounts of solid evidence.

I'll be back with some very soon.

Maybe if you had not drunk so much of it you could see what its doing.

Do you know the nazi's put it into the drinking water of pow's?
Do you know its the main ingredient in most antidepressants?
Do you know its the main ingredient for most rat poisons?

Getting nut jobs like jones to say this stuff is a trick. Why? because like the op, people think if its being said by a nutjob then it cant be true.
edit on 3-5-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

So you believe theres nothing wrong with fluoride huh? Watch this and then think about it the next time you give your child a drink of water.

At a time when we see massive cuts to our health service in the uk our government is ignoring scientists advice and INSISTING fluoride is added to our water, doesnt that seem a little odd?

If they are realy so worried about our health I'd expect them to add vitamins to our water not TOXIC WASTE FLUORIDE!!!!

link   
then he must be mainlining it

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Alex Who ?

Whats IQ ?

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

link   
where do they come up with that conclusion.

would you rather drink dasani water from the coca-cola corporation, i.e. tap water.

the only difference is dasani goes thru "reverse osmosis" what ever the @#$% that's supposed to be, then, apparently the coca-cola corporation adds minerals and other chemicals to it.

otherwise it would just be distilled tap water.

edit on 3-5-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh man, oh man. Alex Jones is a paid shill; and he's profiting off of the sales of water-filters! Obviously, he clearly is making all of his claims up and just pulling random things out of the air.

Oh and let's not forget that there is absolutely no evidence backing any of his claims.
www.prnewswire.com...
psychcentral.com...

Oh, I must be a dis-info agent being payed off by Alex Jones. He's sensational and over-dramatic but he isn't a dis-info agent, or a compulsive liar. You are just too lazy to take fifteen seconds to search "Tap Water Lowers IQ."
edit on 3-5-2012 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There is 1000x more harmful ingredients, chemicals and carcinogens in whatever else you eat and drink - even if we would assume flouride is really harmful it would pale in comparison to other harmful stuff we eat daily.

This person is clearly a liar simply to sell his water filters to the most gullible of gullible of people.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Whether he's trying to sell water filters or not, he speaks the truth in this case.

Believe him, just don't buy his water filters.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Say what you will about Alex Jones but there are studies that exist that back up his claim. Check out my thread, Fluoride lowering childrens IQ?. TAlex Jones is sensational though, there is no doubt but he's not lying. Here's one example,

No... That's a study where they give waaaaaaaay more than 1 part per million.

We are not talking about swallowing tubes of toothpaste here...

The average fluoride concentration in the US..... is 1 part per million.... This causes NO IQ reduction.

The study you cited shows 8.3 parts per million..... OK....... And even that study did not show TWENTY POINT reduction......

OK...... Stop being misleading..... There is no IQ reduction from US tap water. Your study is not the same thing.

You know... fluoride has been shown to cause teeth spotting, at the very worst, in 1 study.

If anyone has evidence of "thousands" of peer-reviewed studies, showing any IQ reduction, at 1 part per million... go ahead and post it.......

And if anyone can show a study with 10-20 point IQ reduction..... go ahead and post it....

Unless you have this evidence, stop defending Alex Jones like complete morons.
edit on 3-5-2012 by foood4thought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Bottled water is tap water in a bottle, essentially. So no, I'm not spending loads of cash on something I can get for a couple of pennies a glass.

Or in my own personal case, I can get for free. I live near a fresh water spring.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by foood4thought

Say what you will about Alex Jones but there are studies that exist that back up his claim. Check out my thread, Fluoride lowering childrens IQ?. TAlex Jones is sensational though, there is no doubt but he's not lying. Here's one example,

No... That's a study where they give waaaaaaaay more than 1 part per million.

We are not talking about swallowing tubes of toothpaste here...

The average fluoride concentration in the US..... is 1 part per million.... This causes NO IQ reduction.

The study you cited shows 8.3 parts per million..... OK....... And even that study did not show TWENTY POINT reduction......

OK...... Stop being misleading..... There is no IQ reduction from US tap water. Your study is not the same thing.
edit on 3-5-2012 by foood4thought because: (no reason given)

That's just one study but proof enough that IQs were indeed lowered. The more you ingest the worst off you'll be. I totally already agreed he is sensational but he's not a liar, see for yourselves. It's clearly obvious you don't know these studies exist and didn't bother to see for yourself if Alex Jones is full of it or not....

/slow clap

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
He means, RADIATION. But won't say it I guess. Lauren Moret talks about the tests done decades ago, with the manhatten project era, where they noted that the SAT scores of US children dropped 12% from the 40's when they started atmospheric tests of plutonium nukes, to the 60's when it stopped.

The other chemicals may add to this.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a little out of it. But that doesnt mean everything he says isnt true.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Given the size of Alex Jones I would think he'd be more concerned about the chemicals in pop than those in tap water.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Ugh, what doesn't kill us these days???

I'll continue with my tap water because I can't afford to pay to replace fancy water filters or drink bottled water, which by the way I've heard is actually worse for you than tap water plus who needs all that extra plastic lying around. It's always something though... if it's not tap water making me dumb it's processed foods, if it's not that it's the pesticides sprayed on the outside of my apple. If it's not that then it's the radiation from my cell phone, the list goes on and on.

I think sitting on ATS all day has a rather negative effect on my IQ as well so...

Maybe we'll evolve around these things, evolve to be able to handle them and maximize their use somehow and still be smart. Who knows?? I guess I could be paranoid 24/7 about every little thing, or I could just not be and still have a good life.
edit on 3-5-2012 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That's just one study but proof enough that IQs were indeed lowered. The more you ingest the worst off you'll be. I totally already agreed he is sensational but he's not a liar. See for yourselves, it's clearly obvious you don't know these studies exist and didn't bother to see for yourself if Alex Jones is full of it or not....

/slow clap

You are now lying worse than Alex Jones.

Your study shows 8.3 PARTS PER MILLION... That is EIGHT times the concentration of fluoride in the US.

OK...... Chugging down a tube of toothpaste is not the same as drinking tap water.

If your IQ was reduced 20 points by drinking tap water..... it would be a huge scandal. Scientists and politicians would be all over it..... You are insane....

Alex Jones doesn't believe what he's saying..... He is lying to you, to scare you into being so stupid, that you buy some overpriced product like a moron.... and so that you make stupid decisions in your personal life.

Alex Jones is like a cancer, a black hole.... an absolutely disgusting human being.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I'd really like to see some concrete evidence of this, because I've always found the theories about tap water very interesting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join