It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones says TAP WATER causes IQ reduction of 20 points

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You know what completely defeats this claim? The fact that IQ has been increasing. Studies show that average IQ increases about 3 points every decade. It's for this reason that the Stanford-Binet (the standard IQ test) needs to be recalibrated every once in a while so that the average IQ is measured at 100. One would think that if Jones' claim was actually true we should expect to see drastic decreases in IQ as the prevalence of fluoridation has increased.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by foood4thought

Just looking at your post history here, 15 threads against Alex Jones?
So, you think you found your perfect platform for AJ bashing?

Think again.

Is this "Alex Jones Clips" your you tube channel?

Reason being, whoever is making these videos is using extremely
edited material, twisting the content, and making a "narrative" against
Alex Jones in general.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
At a time when we are seeimg massive cuts to our health service in the uk our government is ignoring scientists advice and INSISTING fluoride is added to our water, doesnt that seem a little odd?

If they are realy so worried about our health I'd expect them to add vitamins to our water not TOXIC WASTE FLUORIDE!!!!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well, my IQ has dropped 200 points since Ive been on ATS...

Im KO anywayz, I get allll mi werta from Bears... Im meann beers.....Buuuuuuurrrrppppp!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

whoever is making these videos is using extremely
Alex Jones in general.

Oh, really? Tell me where the editing is in the video...

You haven't told anyone where the editing is, because there is no deceptive editing....

Alex Jones very clearly said, 3 times, that tap water causes a 20 point IQ reduction, and then goes on to sell some water filters as a result of this lie......

You are just claiming that there is editing, with no proof...... In the same way that Alex Jones claims there is a 20 point IQ reduction, with no proof.

Get out of this thread.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
You know... fluoride has been shown to cause teeth spotting, at the very worst, in 1 study.

If anyone has evidence of "thousands" of peer-reviewed studies, showing any IQ reduction, at 1 part per million... go ahead and post it.......

And if anyone can show a study with 10-20 point IQ reduction..... go ahead and post it....

Unless you have this evidence, stop defending Alex Jones like complete morons.
edit on 3-5-2012 by foood4thought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
With all due respect, OP, not one time in the video provided does Alex Jones even say the word Floride.

It would seem that you have an issue with Alex Jones, calling him names, and defaming him.

SO all of thousands of companies who sell water filtration systems or products are ALL insane and "sociopaths"? as you call Jones?

I think the sociopath here is you, OP.

And if he is in fact referring to Floride, he is not suggesting that YOUR intelligence is going to suddenly drop 10-20 points. I believe what he is trying to say is that in the course of birth of a child to adolescence, and then to adulthood, that child could see a LOWER IQ as a result of having drinken (SIC) tap water with FL in it.

FL is a toxin. It is toxic. No matter how you want to argue it, it is toxic. The USA began putting it in the water system in the mid 1950's. And if you research your data, you will find a surprising high amount of diabetes and cancer since then, almost in PARALLEL numbers with the use of fluoridated water in the USA.

I guess you like to swallow your toothpaste? If you don't, perhaps you should just ignore the sticker warning and eat away at it. See where it gets you.

Regardless if he is selling filters or not, good for him. If you want to buy the filters, buy them. If you dont, then dont. Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

I for one refuse to let my children drink tap water. I drank well water most of my life. And it was when city water was introduced that I became diabetic after two years...with no incidence of the disease in my family. I stopped drinking city water, and guess what? NO more diabetes.

Yes, that is a very crude test. But I have done the research and found more than I have time to go into here on this thread, simply because you have a thing for Alex Jones.

Enjoy your Floride cocktail this evening!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by foood4thought

Originally posted by burntheships

whoever is making these videos is using extremely
Alex Jones in general.

Oh, really? Tell me where the editing is in the video...

You haven't told anyone where the editing is, because there is no deceptive editing....

Alex Jones very clearly said, 3 times, that tap water causes a 20 point IQ reduction, and then goes on to sell some water filters as a result of this lie......

You are just claiming that there is editing, with no proof...... In the same way that Alex Jones claims there is a 20 point IQ reduction, with no proof.

Get out of this thread.

The video is cut and spliced in at least 3 places that I see. If you can't see it perhaps its the fluoridated water you are drinking affecting your eyesight.

As I said in my previous post, the word FLUORIDE is not even mentioned in the video.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
As I said in my previous post, the word FLUORIDE is not even mentioned in the video.

Errrr.... yes, it is..... He is holding a bottle of water with "fluoride" written on it, and the camera zooms in on a whole case of those bottles..... He also mentions "1 part per million", as in, the average US concentration of fluoride in tap water.... Watch the video here again, closely...

OK.. And "editing" a video, means deceptively taking words out of context.

The video does not do that.... It has 3 separate clips... because they're from 3 separate shows.... They can't magically be part of one show.... You are just not thinking at all.....

Originally posted by phantomjack
With all due respect, OP, not one time in the video provided does Alex Jones even say the word Floride.

I think the sociopath here is you, OP.

There is no "with all due respect", when you just called me a sociopath...... Again.... you are not thinking....

Anyway........ I will once again open up the challenge.... for anyone to find me a study which shows IQ reduction of 20 points, when drinking fluoride at 1 part per million........

No one has posted a relevant study, and until someone does, Alex Jones is proven to be the liar.... It's that simple.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
That's just one study but proof enough that IQs were indeed lowered. The more you ingest the worst off you'll be. I totally already agreed he is sensational but he's not a liar. See for yourselves, it's clearly obvious you don't know these studies exist and didn't bother to see for yourself if Alex Jones is full of it or not....

/slow clap

edit on 3-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

You are now lying worse than Alex Jones.

Your study shows 8.3 PARTS PER MILLION... That is EIGHT times the concentration of fluoride in the US.

OK...... Chugging down a tube of toothpaste is not the same as drinking tap water.

If your IQ was reduced 20 points by drinking tap water..... it would be a huge scandal. Scientists and politicians would be all over it..... You are insane....

Alex Jones doesn't believe what he's saying..... He is lying to you, to scare you into being so stupid, that you buy some overpriced product like a moron.... and so that you make stupid decisions in your personal life.

Alex Jones is like a cancer, a black hole.... an absolutely disgusting human being.

I'm lying worse than Jones? Either you haven't fully read that study or looked at the other numerous studies that are available online or you're just plain lying yourself. Here's the conclusion to that study you're are obsessed on,

Children’s intelligence and growth can be affected by high concentrations of As or fluoride. The IQ scores of the children in the high-As group were the lowest among the four groups we investigated. It is more significant that high concentrations of As affect children’s intelligence. It indicates that arsenic exposure can affect children’s intelligence and growth.

Guess what, the conclusions of the other studies all say the same thing when they compare the amount of fluoride ingested by the children in high, some medium, and low fluoride areas. Makes sense, its science! Speaking of amounts, where are you getting 8.3 exactly? I must not be reading the study correctly.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Urghh...

An exaggeration (or hyperbole) occurs when the most fundamental aspects of a statement are true, but only to a certain degree. It is also seen as "stretching the truth" or making something appear more powerful, meaningful, or real than it actually is.

Lie by Exaggeration

A.J. is a HUGE liar.

If nothing else, he takes a little bit of truth, and blows it out of proportion...in reality, his lies go much deeper than that.

Does high levels of fluoride in tap water effect IQ
Yes, yes it does...does the amount usually digest from tap water cause a measurable reduction in IQ?? Not that I've seen from any studies.

The IQ drop which is measured, is fairly small...I've seen a few points here and there...and it's not from 1 part per million...it's from several parts per million and greater. You will find that in some products...if you get brick tea, and use tap water...it could go quite high...so watch what you eat and drink...

...but still, AJ is a liar.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'm lying worse than Jones? Either you haven't fully read that study or looked at the other numerous studies that are available online or you're just plain lying yourself. Here's the conclusion to that study you're are obsessed on,

Children’s intelligence and growth can be affected by high concentrations of As or fluoride. The IQ scores of the children in the high-As group were the lowest among the four groups we investigated. It is more significant that high concentrations of As affect children’s intelligence. It indicates that arsenic exposure can affect children’s intelligence and growth.

Guess what, the conclusions of the other studies all say the same thing and they all varying in the amount of fluoride ingested by the children in said studies. Speaking of amounts, where are you getting 8.3 exactly? I must not be reading the study correctly.

I am getting 8.3 from the study that you posted...... OK.... When you read a study like this, you have to pick up on the concentration of fluoride....

Here is the quote from the study which you posted.....

Methods
We report the results of a study of 720 children between 8 and 12 years of age in rural villages in Shanyin county, Shanxi province, China. The children were exposed to As at concentrations of 142 ± 106 μg/L (medium-As group) and 190 ± 183 μg/L (high-As group) in drinking water compared with the control group that was exposed to low concentrations of As (2 ± 3 μg/L) and [SIZE=5]low concentrations of fluoride (0.5 ± 0.2 mg/L)[/SIZE]. A study group of children exposed to [SIZE=5]high concentrations of fluoride (8.3 ± 1.9 mg/L)[/SIZE]

Do you see that?

There is "low concentrations of fluoride (0.5 ± 0.2 mg/L)"...... as in, 0.5 parts per million.... If you go to Austin, Texas, that's about what they have there.... in most regions of Austin..... And if you read the study, it shows no IQ reduction.

Then, there is "high concentrations of fluoride (8.3 ± 1.9 mg/L)"....... as in, 8.3 parts per million....... That is over 8x the national average, and that's why you get SOME IQ reduction, but not anywhere near 10-20 points....

And then.... it says....

Conclusions
Children’s intelligence and growth can be affected by high concentrations of As or fluoride

So.... it says there is IQ reduction with the HIGH CONCENTRATION group, meaning 8.3 parts...

But with the low concentration (US levels), there is none.....

You are quoting from the high concentration group, which is 8.3 parts per million... Yet, Alex Jones says, in the video, that there is 20 point IQ reduction from 1 part per million........

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
You know what completely defeats this claim? The fact that IQ has been increasing. Studies show that average IQ increases about 3 points every decade. It's for this reason that the Stanford-Binet (the standard IQ test) needs to be recalibrated every once in a while so that the average IQ is measured at 100. One would think that if Jones' claim was actually true we should expect to see drastic decreases in IQ as the prevalence of fluoridation has increased.

That was knows as the flynn-effect.

It's now in reverse.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yes, I saw where you got the 8.3 after I posted that, but as I've said it's just one study I choose at random and I've already said Jones is a sensationalist but clearly fluoride lowers IQ in high amounts, which is obvious. So do a scholarly google search and read up on other studies. It's a good thing the US fluoride rates were much lower than the rates in that study and better yet the US has lowered the amount of fluoride even more back in 2011. Even better if your water company who fluoridates your water uses the minimum amount the US recommends. Jones is no better than anyone who makes a buck selling you news. If you take him at his word than you're the fool. Like Fox, I look at his show as Entertainment first and news a distant second.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I stopped drinking tap water when I moved to So.Cal. 3 yrs ago.
I have not gotten any smarter

ETA: I have yet to be shown an active FEMA camp,where disgruntled Americans are taken, worked to poor health then gassed and buried in FEMA coffins.

Last I saw, you are still spending a greenback.

Alex Jones still promotes Fake News written by Sorcha Faal

what part of Free Thinking needs Alex Jones
edit on 3-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

You wont, the damage is permanent, you can tell by my poor spelling.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yes, I saw where you got the 8.3 after I posted that, but as I've said it's just one study I choose at random and I've already said Jones is a sensationalist but clearly fluoride lowers IQ in high amounts, which is obvious. So do a scholarly google search and read up on other studies. It's a good thing the US fluoride rates were much lower than the rates in that study

Yes. It is good.

But the video is about Alex Jones saying fluoride causes 20 point IQ reduction, at 1 part per million.... for which there is no evidence.

I'm sure there are plenty of studies showing IQ reduction in high amounts... No one is debating that...... I mean, no one is debating that chugging down a tube of toothpaste would make you brain damaged to the point of retardation.

OK.... But unless someone magically produces a study showing 20 point IQ reduction at 1 part per million..... then I am proven to be right.... the video is proven to be right...... and Alex Jones is proven to be a lying sociopath, for saying 3 times, that it causes a 20 point reduction.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Yes, I saw where you got the 8.3 after I posted that, but as I've said it's just one study I choose at random

So where are your other studies?

If you were in a debate right now, the moderator would be saying, "where are your other studies"...?

You said that you picked at random. So, where are the other studies, showing IQ reduction from 1 part per million?

There aren't any, are there?

I mean.... if your're going to take the time to respond to me, I'd think that you wouldn't just tell me to go find the studies.... Surely, you would link me to the studies yourself.... Because I can't find any.... The reason being, there aren't any.

Again.... I will open the invitation for anyone to actually show me a study..... I'll be waiting...

I already said, Google Scholarly search is a good place to begin with. I was never part of a debate team but I didn't know you were allowed to surf the net for your opponent to pull up studies, or even bring papers in to pass around to show your proof. So you want me to do the work for you? Are there studies that say low amounts of fluoride reduce your intellect by a certain amount? I dunno, there may be but the studies I find are comparing children from different areas, one area having a higher amount of fluoride than the other. I haven't read a study yet where they find groups of children who go from no fluoride in their drinking water to an area with low levels of fluoride in their drinking water. But hey, you never know, that study could very well exist but I'm not going to look for it for you. That's your baby, not mine. Like I've said all along, fluoride does lower your IQ, the more you ingest the worse off you'll be. The US would clearly qualify as a low fluoride area if a study was done here.

Here's another study I found doing a quick search. This studies high fluoride group has a lower amount than 8.3 (2.47±0.79) but still shows a significant reduction in IQ when compared to the lower fluoride group (0.36±0.15).

fluoride-class-action.com...

SUMMARY: The Intelligence Quotient (IQ) was measured in 512 children,
aged 8–13 years, living in two villages in Sihong County, Jiangsu Province,
China, differing in the level of fluoride in their drinking water. In the highfluoride
village of Wamiao (water fluoride: 2.47±0.79 mg/L; range: 0.57–4.50
mg/L), the mean IQ of 222 children was significantly lower (92.02±13.00;
range: 54–126) than in the low-fluoride village of Xinhuai (water fluoride:
0.36±0.15 mg/L; range: 0.18–0.76 mg/L), where the mean IQ of 290 children
was higher (100.41±13.21; range: 60–128). The children’s IQs were not related
to urinary iodine, family income, or parent’s education level. Higher drinking
water fluoride levels were significantly associated with higher rates of mental
retardation (IQ

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The studies that have found an end of the Flynn effect took place in four countries Denmark, Norway, the UK, and Australia. About 70% of Australia's water is fluoridated and the studies done there didn't show a decrease in intelligence, only 10% of the UK has fluoridated water, and neither Denmark nor Norway fluoridate their water. So there is absolutely no connection between the findings of these studies and fluoridation.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I believe it reduces your IQ but not permanently. It can cause some organ damage that can lead to permanent damage though. It just makes it harder to think. . Too much fluoride dopes a person up but they don't realize they are doped. By my theory, English people and the Chinese would have more immunity because thelr ancestors drank lots of tea for a long time. Just a way of separating the classes by some showing more intellect in school.
edit on 3-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join