It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones says TAP WATER causes IQ reduction of 20 points

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This is correct. I have also heard a neurologist say a similar thing.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Well if Fluoride did indeed lower IQ, then you'd imagine that you would see a trend of lowering IQ since it was first introduced into our water systems in the 40's.....This is NOT the case. IQ's have been steadily rising for at least the past century at an average rate of 3 points per year.

You would imagine there to be a sudden drop of IQ at around the time it was introduced....but no, this is clearly not the case...Therefore this idea is pretty easily debunked.

www.americanscientist.org...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
My I,Q. has reduced by around 20 points... but this is probably related to how much alcohol I DRINK!!!!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by foood4thought

Sensationalist B.S from Alex Jones.

You can filter your water. I think someone forgot to tell Alex about this.

I have a great filter that removes fluoride along with other gunk and I add iodized salt to a pot of this water whenever I make pasta.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
just another example of this "food4thought" person trying to discredit alex with inflammatory, misleading, and false thread titles and hoax videos. He posts the same garbage over and over...

go to his profile and look at the threads he's started. of those 15, how many are attacking alex jones based on nothing but lies and deliberate out-of-context and misleading editing?

threads started by "food4thought"

- Alex Jones says TAP WATER causes IQ reduction of 20 points

-Alex Jones calls Noam Chomsky "a low-grade moron"

-Alex Jones says illegal aliens can KILL PEOPLE legally

-Alex Jones says Aztec human sacrifice is coming to America

-Alex Jones - THE KEVIN TRUDEAU CONNECTION

-42 STUPID Alex Jones PREDICTIONS

-Alex Jones in 1998: "[snip] Jesus" - today he pretends to believe

-123 Alex Jones Lies

-Alex Jones is a GLOBALIST..?

-45 Failed Alex Jones Predictions

-Alex Jones DRUNK With George Bush's Daughters

-BILL CLINTON Supports Alex Jones..!

-New documentary suggests Alex Jones works for the government, connects him to Clinton, Bush and more

so how many other accounts does/has this person had?
edit on 4-5-2012 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

i don't have much to say about the video, but i agree that fluoride is really bad for you.

as a matter of fact, check out "Fluoride trolling" in my bio, its a nice thread i made with some fluoride discussion.

Fluoride is BAD people. seriously, i hate the stuff, and how the government forces me to be drugged with it all the time without my permission.

if there was an option to opt out of fluoridation, i would opt out immediately.
edit on 4-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I would like to see studies comparing IQ before and after hearing Alex Jones speak.

I imagine we would experience similar reductions.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

i think IQ is fake... its just someones made up test.

Fluoride DOES make you dumber though trust me.

its horrible for your ability to think critically.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I have a great filter that removes fluoride along with other gunk and I add iodized salt to a pot of this water whenever I make pasta.

And what kind of filter are using that cleans out fluoride and how much money does this filter cost you?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
reply to post by humphreysjim

i think IQ is fake... its just someones made up test.

Fluoride DOES make you dumber though trust me.

its horrible for your ability to think critically.

Oh cool, I'll just trust you.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Alex Jone preys upon the ignorant, plain and simple. And business is good for him and his kind, as this thread demonstrates the reality of how many people lack the mental ability to guard themselves from such obvious bs.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

As others have tried to point out (but are too scared to flat out state the obvious) this post is an example of why ignorant nonsense like this thread have traction.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I would also like to point out something else. It's not directly tied to the OP, but I think it's an important point that needs to be made. As fluoride is naturally occurring it is present in most water, not just tap water. In fact 1.2% of all private wells in the US have fluoride levels that are over 4 parts per million. That's over four times the amount found in normal tap water. So if the government is trying to poison us then Mother Nature must really want us dead.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Or in my own personal case, I can get for free. I live near a fresh water spring.

Careful, Starchild, or you might find some stooge knocking on your door and telling you you don't have the right to that water because someone else suddenly "owns" it and you have to have permission and a license.

OP:
Alex Jones is a monstrosity of a journalist. Just as bad as Limbaugh. Thanks for posting this with your sensible assessment of it...your title made me think you were going to push the idea, though, rather than debunk it.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I'm not so easily intimidated. I know how parameters of testing can be corrupted. I want to see more exact evidence of your claim that fluoride doesn't effect IQ. I demand that you produce more than a few articles yourself. There are hundreds of research articles addressing the way fluoride interacts with the functions of the brain and nervous system out there but you have chosen to ignore the content maybe because you can't understand research language. The ability of people to adapt through the customs of their ancestors to natural things in their food chain gives some people higher tolerances to things. Choosing specific culture of people to take a test causes a falsification of results. You need to prove that these testing procedures you use as evidence were not somehow corrupted for me to except their validity. Good luck.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Either you haven't fully read that study or looked at the other numerous studies that are available online or you're just plain lying yourself. Here's the conclusion to that study you're are obsessed on,

Children’s intelligence and growth can be affected by high concentrations of As or fluoride. The IQ scores of the children in the high-As group were the lowest among the four groups we investigated. It is more significant that high concentrations of As affect children’s intelligence. It indicates that arsenic exposure can affect children’s intelligence and growth.

Guess what, the conclusions of the other studies all say the same thing when they compare the amount of fluoride ingested by the children in high, some medium, and low fluoride areas. Makes sense, its science!

Oh, and all those children were born with exactly the same genetic makeup, learning style, prenatal care, parental nutrition, and optimum brain-training stimulation to get those little neurons all firing in exactly the same way?

News flash. Children's "intelligence" is a function of the parenting and/or care they receive from their primary care provider. DIRECTLY influenced by what stimuli are presented to them from before birth. Stupid parents raise stupid children.
If those children are very, very lucky, they can learn from another caring adult, but blaming tap water alone for the respective IQ of kids of different environments, social structures, and gene pools is absurd.

This is sensationalist idiocy. And one thing is for sure...having a negative attitude about your health results in having bad health. See the article in newscientist.com - you can download a free sample of the magazine here and read the studies for yourself in the article "Mind over Matter; Heal Thyself." I can't ex-text it, but let's see if this link will get you there...
www.zinio.com...
(to my downloaded copy). Don't know if it will let you read it without registering it yourself, though.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It is true that it reduces cognitive function, but saying that it takes away 20 iq points is for sure a exaggeration.
Otherwise he is correct. Fluoride does seem to damage both our body and brain.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Hey there again The Sword.

Tiny timeout from you guys ranting about ole Alex Jones...

The ONLY water you should ever be drinking is SPRING WATER.

Water is ALIVE.

That's right it is alive.

If your water is NOT coming from a spring, you might as well be drinking sewer water. Cuz that is what you are drinking.

Water from public water systems is often recycled 'surface water management' water.

In case you're slow that means you're drinking water that ran off your neighbor's driveway (complete with crankcase oil drippings AND, of course, my favorite transmission fluid. Yum!
)

All you guys with your WATER FILTERS.... You've been sold a bill of goods.

The activated charcoal portion of your 'water filter' basically only removes particulate matter, it can NOT really remove pollutants past a certain point...

That does NOT even begin to address the PH (measure of acidity).

Acid water is America's number 1 CAUSE of disease.

It's what keeps our hospitals buzzing with activity.

It is the number method 1 you are being POISONED.

Adding SALT to your water (or anything) attacks your stomach lining.

It starts yet another method of POISONING yourself by slowly but surely destroying your ability to process your food.

IF you have 'heatburn', your stomach lining is already distressed. (Eating two sticks of celery a day will fix it.
).

All of those FAKE green efforts to keep you from drinking bottled SPRING WATER are simply designed to guilt you from staying healthy.

If you guys want to hear more, just ask... (
Like THAT is going to happen!)

Please DO resume your ranting about Alex.

PS. Fluoride is devastating to your nervous system. (Do you guys understand it is a CON to get rid of the waste product from ALUMINUM SMELTING?
Any of you guys believing it's good for you are ALREADY brain-damaged.
)

edit on 4-5-2012 by golemina because: Typos+stuff.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
I would also like to point out something else. It's not directly tied to the OP, but I think it's an important point that needs to be made. As fluoride is naturally occurring it is present in most water, not just tap water. In fact 1.2% of all private wells in the US have fluoride levels that are over 4 parts per million. That's over four times the amount found in normal tap water. So if the government is trying to poison us then Mother Nature must really want us dead.

Check out where the fluoride comes from. The stuff being added to the water supply is not coming from a natural source, it is believed to be the byproduct of an industrial process. That possibility alone should encourage anyone to seek the end of this addition. As more of it is added to the stuff we drink it will become part of the world's water supply, being forever rained back down upon us after having been evaporated off the lakes and places we dump waste water.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I don`t think it`s BS at all.
Alex knows about water filters.....he actually promotes them on prisonplanet TV.

Alex Jones has and continues to wake people up.
He gives out far more truth than the mainstream and his followers are growing.

He has his radio show with twelve tv broadcasts a week.
People complain about the money he makes.
Well i don`t know anyone that works harder on any alternative media show on the net.

His subscribers get all his live TV shows, all his films, all his archives and much much more.
Infowars and prisonplanet are massive.
And the cost is around 5 dollars a month and thats for six people to use the same subscription.

Surely the cheapest on the internet.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join