It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDEs: Heaven and Hell

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You must feel blessed to have four children. I have two, one lives a few streets over and the other lives with Jesus. We lost her a couple years back and if Jesus hadn't have revealed himself to me before that took place, I would probably be insane by now or worse. It's the one time the answer to my prayer was no. I wanted him to give her back to me whole, the way she was before she left the house that day. I begged and pleaded him to let her live. The answer was no though. I couldn't have her back but then he showed me where she was and I knew my prayer to let her live was answered. Oh she lives.... because he lives. I'm more sure of that than I am of anything here on earth.

I was listening to a womans testimony the other night and she had an experience sort of like what you woul like to have - a fully awake face to face encounter. He answered two questions, that countless people ask or wonder about on a daily basis and because how he answered the questions, I just know in my own soul this lady really saw him. She had a severe crisis in her faith and the first thing he said to her was, "You don't believe my words - the bible.' You don't trust the translation. You're afraid something was lost in translation. It's my responsibility as God to protect my word for you but it's your responsibilty to go 100% with the light you have."

The other thing that troubled this woman was she wondered if there was a God why were crippled babies being born into the world or why are so many dying in starvation and he said, " I Am The LORD! I shall NEVER answer to you, but you shall surely answer to me."

I know you know what to do to get him to reveal himself to you. Being humble goes along way with him. Seek him with all your heart, soul, strength and mind. Adults can be so.... stuck in their ways, so heed his words and become child-like. You have to be open and expect the unexpected.

99% will bring you nothing.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
You must feel blessed to have four children. I have two, one lives a few streets over and the other lives with Jesus.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine, nor do I want to even think about losing one of my kids. Yes, I feel so lucky to have the kids I have. I would like more, but my wife isn't up to it and I don't blame her.

It's the one time the answer to my prayer was no. I wanted him to give her back to me whole, the way she was before she left the house that day. I begged and pleaded him to let her live. The answer was no though.
Did god tell you this before she passed, or did you assume it was "no" after she passed? I'm not asking that to be a smart ass, I'm genuinely curious.

I was listening to a womans testimony the other night and she had an experience sort of like what you woul like to have - a fully awake face to face encounter.
If this is true, it shows that I am right. God can appear to you without killing you, unlike what christians have been telling me.

He answered two questions, that countless people ask or wonder about on a daily basis and because how he answered the questions, I just know in my own soul this lady really saw him. She had a severe crisis in her faith and the first thing he said to her was, "You don't believe my words - the bible.' You don't trust the translation. You're afraid something was lost in translation. It's my responsibility as God to protect my word for you but it's your responsibilty to go 100% with the light you have."
That's because things have been lost in translation. This actually sounds more like how a human would answer. Does this god not know that there are several different bibles with different amounts of books in them? Bibles with verses added and verses removed? Bibles with scriptures translated differently than others? Why should she trust it?

The other thing that troubled this woman was she wondered if there was a God why were crippled babies being born into the world or why are so many dying in starvation and he said, " I Am The LORD! I shall NEVER answer to you, but you shall surely answer to me."
This also verifies to me that this god is a dick. It is so strange that he would act like this. He loved us so much that he became one of us, gave his life for us so that we could live with him forever, but then acts like this? What's his problem? Can we not ask him questions with the hope that he would help us understand what he's all about? He says not to lean on our understanding, but won't help us see his understanding? Or does he not care enough? Why does he act like such a dick?

Next, did he only have enough time for two questions then he was gone? Could he not sit and have a conversation? Or, is his answer to these questions, "I don't have to answer to you, I'm god, damnit!"

Christians say, "When we get to heaven, he'll answer our questions." But if god is the same today, yesterday, and forever....good luck with that.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I know you know what to do to get him to reveal himself to you. Being humble goes along way with him. Seek him with all your heart, soul, strength and mind. Adults can be so.... stuck in their ways, so heed his words and become child-like. You have to be open and expect the unexpected.

99% will bring you nothing.
This creates a problem in itself. It causes confirmation bias. "Don't use your head, just believe it. You must first fully believe, then he'll reveal himself."

www.thereligiouscondition.com...

If you wanted safety information on a used car, would it be wiser to trust the word of a used car salesperson or the findings of a consumer report? I hope that you would trust the consumer report over the salesperson because the salesperson has a vested interest in the quality of his products and an even larger one in getting you to accept his opinion on his products. The consumer report, on the other hand, would likely have no interest in advancing a one-sided view of any product. Similarly, if you wanted to obtain information on the historicity and veracity of Islam, would you ask an Islamic scholar who has been taught about Islamic sanctity since childhood, or would you ask a secular scholar with no emotional investment in Islam? Would you not also do the same for Hinduism, Mormonism, Buddhism, etc? If you utilize the same reasoning and choose the unbiased scholar in each instance, as you very well should, why make an exception only for Christianity? People who study a concept in which they have no emotional investment are going to offer more reliable conclusions than those who want the concept to yield a specific result. The decision in each case should be easy.

Scholars who began with no emotional investments in Christianity present the most unbiased conclusions on Christianity simply because they are more open during their studies to accept evidence that contradicts their tentative conclusions. Just as the used car salesperson will be hesitant to acknowledge and relay information that is damaging to the quality of his vehicles, the Christian scholar will be hesitant to acknowledge and relay information that is damaging to the veracity of his religion. We have no reason to think that belief in Christianity provides a special insight into the veracity of it because every religion can make a parallel claim. The opinions of individuals with ego involvement, emotional investments, or vested interests in the outcome of a debatable issue are less likely to change when confronted with new information because people have an innate inclination to seek only evidence that confirms their pre-established beliefs. We can describe this phenomenon, termed confirmation bias, as the tendency to seek out answers that will confirm our beliefs and ignore answers that will not. Research has long established the presence of this phenomenon in persuasive psychology.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Good morning everyone, here is one of a Muslim and Jesus coming to heal him.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

Here is what one christian says about him: phillyflash.wordpress.com...

This is what a muslim says about him: yearningforislam.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

And he was healed that's what Jesus does and if he wants to make money and all the power to him, do you not want to feed your children and would you deprive your children from God and tell them they can't believe in God and I bet you if you ask who they believe in they will say Jesus. It seems that non believers always use the money answer but you got to understand that's what we put ourselves into, to slave our bodies for the PTB day and night for nothing and if God gives him wealth in his name than it's Gods will. Do you have to be certain color to be Muslim and I have heard people becoming Muslim and Muslims becoming christian.

How are this Morning Hydroman and here is another of reptilians.

edit on 8-5-2012 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
And he was healed
Was he really? Where is the documented evidence?

that's what Jesus does and if he wants to make money and all the power to him,
The love of money is the root of all evil. Is he doing this for the love of money?

do you not want to feed your children
Yeah, that's why I have an honest job.

and would you deprive your children from God and tell them they can't believe in God and I bet you if you ask who they believe in they will say Jesus.
No, I want them to weigh the evidence and follow what they think is truth. If it leads them to Jesus, so be it. If it leads them to Allah, so be it. If it leads them to Buddhism, so be it. Though, I would like to see how they came to the conclusion that they have come to...just like I do with you guys.

It seems that non believers always use the money answer but you got to understand that's what we put ourselves into, to slave our bodies for the PTB day and night for nothing and if God gives him wealth in his name than it's Gods will.
Who cares about wealth? Isn't this world temporary? You can't take any of it with you...

Do you have to be certain color to be Muslim and I have heard people becoming Muslim and Muslims becoming christian.
Nope, you don't. People become different religions every day.

How are this Morning Hydroman and here is another of reptilians.
Doing fine, thanks.
How're you doing?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
How do you quote certain phrases like you do and as for me I'm doing well, as for me finding God, well i was looking for other things other than God and I believed that God did not exist but always felt this unshakeable feeling that I was on the wrong path but I ignored it. So i was looking into other things like UFOs and some new age stuff and how aliens came and made us and we are just like God.

I was watching UFO videos but way down in the bottom was a video that showed an ex Satanist and thought why in the world is that here, when I was watching UFO videos. It talked about all the things I was following and than some but it felt like God was telling me to hold on and watch this video.

So I did and it was like three hours or so and I watched it all, from hypnotism and evolution and how Charles Darwin was tutored by the Satan himself and how he filled him with answers, from making men into Gods, Millionaires, Musicians,celebrities and would make men believe that he was from another planet and he spoke how Satan looked and that's how new ager's see the ones they talk to and how he would use New age, and he wanted to destroy the bible without burning it. he spoke of when the end comes their would be an increase in knowledge like the bible says and shortly after that the end of the world.

So I called on God to come back to me and fill me with strength and courage to over come those snares and this warmth came over me and i was filled with joy like when I was a child and for the first time in over twenty years maybe more I cried and I never cried not even when my father passed on.

From that day on I became stronger and all I could think of was God and Jesus, In the past I encountered beings like a shadow that we chased around the house, I went the other way and my buddy went the other hoping to cut it off and he was just a few feet away but he dissipated.

The other one is the tall man with no face and we looked at each other face to face as I slowly driving by in broad daylight in the middle of the road. When I was a kid I was sleeping and my record player turned on and played the song bastard by Motley Crue about three in the morning.

I asked God to tell me if my father was alright and if he could show me and he did but not through me but my daughter and she had a dream of my Dad and he said I will sit with you till you wake up and she told him of Jesus and how he rose from the dead in three days and tell your Dad I love him, I was never close to him because he never did the thing he did with my other brothers and he was a drinker and would always call me down. He did tell me he was proud of me when he came over and saw that I made my house a home and all the time putting my wife through university and so I forgave him.

I even had the power to make men kneel in front of me and kiss my toes and I had power and used it for evil and i had woman in those days and everyone in the bars would be afraid and I met those who wanted to test me and beat the hell out of em and kicked one guy so hard and i guess i broke his nose and blood squirted out of his eye's and I know where that power came from and it wasn't God.

All the things that I have done wrong in my life came back to me in visions that day and I could see the pain I caused and I know that The Holy Ghost was working on me.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

How do you quote certain phrases like you do

Well, step #1 is that you have to be awesome and very good looking. So, I don't know if you have what it takes.

But if you do have what it takes, then step #2 is that you copy the quote tag at the top of the page then paste it in front of a quote that you want to address. At the end of the quote you choose to address, you have to put the word "quote" within brackets with a forward slash before the word "quote" like this: [/ quote]...but no spaces between. Then you can type in your response to that quote below that. If you want to do another quote, just repeat the steps for the next one.

If necessary, just quote this post and see how I did it.

So i was looking into other things like UFOs and some new age stuff and how aliens came and made us and we are just like God.
Yeah, there's lots of ideas out there.

So I did and it was like three hours or so and I watched it all, from hypnotism and evolution and how Charles Darwin was tutored by the Satan himself and how he filled him with answers, from making men into Gods, Millionaires, Musicians,celebrities and would make men believe that he was from another planet and he spoke how Satan looked and that's how new ager's see the ones they talk to and how he would use New age, and he wanted to destroy the bible without burning it. he spoke of when the end comes their would be an increase in knowledge like the bible says and shortly after that the end of the world.
And you bought it?

So I called on God to come back to me and fill me with strength and courage to over come those snares and this warmth came over me and i was filled with joy like when I was a child and for the first time in over twenty years maybe more I cried and I never cried not even when my father passed on.
And there's no way you deluded yourself?

In the past I encountered beings like a shadow that we chased around the house, I went the other way and my buddy went the other hoping to cut it off and he was just a few feet away but he dissipated.
What was the point of the shadow? Also, was the shadow confined by the structures of the house? By that, I mean did it have to go through doorways to get to the next room? Or, could it drop down through the floor, etc.? I heard something similar when I was a kid. There was a christian lady in my church who said that she chased a demon out of her house, who exited through the front door...? How kind of it to use the door. : up:

The other one is the tall man with no face and we looked at each other face to face
How'd that happen if he didn't have a face?

I even had the power to make men kneel in front of me and kiss my toes and I had power and used it for evil and i had woman in those days and everyone in the bars would be afraid and I met those who wanted to test me and beat the hell out of em and kicked one guy so hard and i guess i broke his nose and blood squirted out of his eye's and I know where that power came from and it wasn't God.
Maybe you were a player, and those guys were gay? Also, maybe you just know how to throw down?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The shadow was outside and we where standing in the circle getting ready for a night out and came into our circle and stood there and had an outline of a man but we could all see our features but not his and so he started walking away and so I said lets get him. The man with no face had no eye's and no nose and no mouth and he put his head down to look at me is all I could say and I know I have not deluded myself because I was deluded into believing God was a fairy tale. Yes in those days I would take on three at a time but I'm a big guy and i guess that's why they call me big guy and that's what they called my father and I also played hockey.

You wanted to know and I told you and you don't have to believe and I'm okay with that and you make me laugh and I like that, since than my friends never come by and say hello since I stopped what i was doing. I'm glad my kids never got to see that side of me and I never got to see The Avengers yet but I am gonna check it out in couple weeks because I have made plans ahead of time.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The shadow was outside and we where standing in the circle getting ready for a night out and came into our circle and stood there and had an outline of a man but we could all see our features but not his and so he started walking away and so I said lets get him. The man with no face had no eye's and no nose and no mouth and he put his head down to look at me is all I could say and I know I have not deluded myself because I was deluded into believing God was a fairy tale. Yes in those days I would take on three at a time but I'm a big guy and i guess that's why they call me big guy and that's what they called my father and I also played hockey.
You tried to attack a shadow person? Why?

You wanted to know and I told you and you don't have to believe and I'm okay with that and you make me laugh and I like that, since than my friends never come by and say hello since I stopped what i was doing. I'm glad my kids never got to see that side of me and I never got to see The Avengers yet but I am gonna check it out in couple weeks because I have made plans ahead of time.
Glad you like my sense of humor.
I'm going to try to watch Avengers again tomorrow. It's a good 'un!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You have to understand I am in a covenant relationship with him. I was shown a few weeks before the accident what would happen and the outcome. I woke up crying that morning, but my husband had me shake it off saying, 'Go back to sleep - it's just a bad dream'. Then it happened, just like my dream, down to the very last raunchy detail. There are some basic promises for those in a covenant relationship and dreams and visions are the way he has chose to usually communicate with the living. When he chose to show me where she is now it was a vision. I was just as awake as I am now. From a distance, I was allowed to see the New Jerusalem. The walls are a crystal like substance and it's shaped in a cube.

Yes, he can appear anytime he wants to anyone he chooses to. There are many testimonies that are face to face encounters. It doesn't Have to be by a dream or a vision.

A word or two may have been lost in translation, but the main messages, that detail his mysteries have not been corrupted. You need to experience a mystery or two before you make a rush to judgement. His word is in tact.

The interview I made mention of, of a woman giving her testimony was an hour long. I only pulled out a couple things from it that made an impression on me. He was firm with her. She said when he said something, that there was no misunderstading the meaning.

But about him being firm - it's no different than when we are firm with our own children. There are some things that isn't our kids business. Imagine something going on with you and your wife and one of you kids demands to know what it is. You stand firm because you are the boss of the household, you say what goes. You make the money, it's your house and you will not be disrespected in your own home. Then the kid stands there and calls you a dick to your face. You are the boss of your household and he's the boss of his. I'm just going to be honest, I was offended when you called him that name. This is someone I love with every cell of my being, even above my own husband. Above everything that is. I've been through a lot in life and I have some really thick skin and that offended me.

You said, 'This creates a problem in itself. It causes confirmation bias. "Don't use your head, just believe it. You must first fully believe, then he'll reveal himself." '

I didn't say you must first fully believe - only to be open to the possibilty that you can experience him in the here and now. If it can happen to me - it can happen to anyone. You need to fine tune your senses and see if there is any area you can possibly improve in.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

A word or two may have been lost in translation, but the main messages, that detail his mysteries have not been corrupted. You need to experience a mystery or two before you make a rush to judgement. His word is in tact.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Hydro has received this answer more than once lately. His doubt has been on my mind lately, and it reminds me of the story about the man who asked for a canoe.
It's about a person caught in a flood who prayed for God to save him from drowning.
As the water got waist deep, a man in a canoe came by and asked the man if he would like to float out with him. The man politely responded, "No, I'm waiting for God to save me."
Later, as the water rose, the man had to take shelter in a second story of his house. At that moment, a man in a life raft floated by and shouted to the man through an open window, "get in the raft!"
Again, the man politely responded, "No, I prayed to God and asked for Him to save me."
The water relentlessly increased in depth and the man had to go up on his roof. Just then a helicopter flew by and pleaded with the man to get in. The man again politely refused, saying "If God is who He says He is then He will prove it by answering my prayer Himself."
An hour later, the dam on the river broke and the man drowned while his house washed away in the flood., About the time when the man realized he had drowned, God spoke the mans name. Startled, and somewhat angry, the man immediately accused God of abandoning him and letting him die.
God responded by saying, "My child, I sent a man in a canoe, I sent a man in a life raft, and I sent a helicopter. But you refused them all and sent them away."

God usually doesn't show up in the way we expect Him to, and most people have a predisposed idea of what God will look like, talk like, and act like when He does show up. Even more humbling, He shows up in His timing, not ours. He can see our future, we can't. Therefore, I will concede to His timing any day of the week lest I make life even more difficult and complicated than it already is through my own selfishness and impatience.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You have to understand I am in a covenant relationship with him. I was shown a few weeks before the accident what would happen and the outcome. I woke up crying that morning, but my husband had me shake it off saying, 'Go back to sleep - it's just a bad dream'. Then it happened, just like my dream, down to the very last raunchy detail.
What was the purpose of him giving you that dream?

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
Yes, he can appear anytime he wants to anyone he chooses to. There are many testimonies that are face to face encounters. It doesn't Have to be by a dream or a vision.
Yeah, that's what I want, except I am told over and over that I can't see him without dying.

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
But about him being firm - it's no different than when we are firm with our own children. There are some things that isn't our kids business. Imagine something going on with you and your wife and one of you kids demands to know what it is. You stand firm because you are the boss of the household, you say what goes. You make the money, it's your house and you will not be disrespected in your own home. Then the kid stands there and calls you a dick to your face. You are the boss of your household and he's the boss of his. I'm just going to be honest, I was offended when you called him that name. This is someone I love with every cell of my being, even above my own husband. Above everything that is. I've been through a lot in life and I have some really thick skin and that offended me.
Sorry it offended you, but I call it like I see it. We're not talking about humans here. Where talking about a loving god who loves us unconditionally. He even became one of us to sacrifice himself unto himself for us. Why wouldn't he answer questions? Especially since he would be able to explain it all very easily and give his reasoning? It would help us understand him better.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
I don't think it is a coincidence that Hydro has received this answer more than once lately. His doubt has been on my mind lately, and it reminds me of the story about the man who asked for a canoe.
It's about a person caught in a flood who prayed for God to save him from drowning.
As the water got waist deep, a man in a canoe came by and asked the man if he would like to float out with him. The man politely responded, "No, I'm waiting for God to save me."
Later, as the water rose, the man had to take shelter in a second story of his house. At that moment, a man in a life raft floated by and shouted to the man through an open window, "get in the raft!"
Again, the man politely responded, "No, I prayed to God and asked for Him to save me."
The water relentlessly increased in depth and the man had to go up on his roof. Just then a helicopter flew by and pleaded with the man to get in. The man again politely refused, saying "If God is who He says He is then He will prove it by answering my prayer Himself."
An hour later, the dam on the river broke and the man drowned while his house washed away in the flood., About the time when the man realized he had drowned, God spoke the mans name. Startled, and somewhat angry, the man immediately accused God of abandoning him and letting him die.
God responded by saying, "My child, I sent a man in a canoe, I sent a man in a life raft, and I sent a helicopter. But you refused them all and sent them away."
My problem, you see, is that man is fallible. When it comes directly from the source, it won't be fallible, unless the source is also fallible...but you say he is not. There's no way of knowing whether your scriptures are accurate. I've already shown the discrepancies that there are in the different writings we have today. If he allows that to happen, he would have ALWAYS allowed it to happen, even from the very beginning. Don't you see that this is why there are so many denominations in christianity? Over 30,000! And, many of them tell the others that they aren't true christians, and that they are going to hell! I've seen it. Now, imagine a person like me standing on the outside looking at this mess. How am I supposed to believe when there are christians telling each other they are going to hell because they don't believe correctly?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well, well......I've been composing a U2U message about this exact frame of reference. Thoughts and prayers I've had over the last few days that no one else knows about, and here it is in your reply. I immediately smiled and wondered if Hydro would say I was "deluding" myself.
The most articulate epiphanies I've experienced about God's nature and His feelings about us have been through my own children. I could write for days on how it's helped me overcome doubt induced by my attempts to intellectualize spiritual things and reason them to death. Human reason is distorted by our finite and often self-centered perspective. Reason alone cannot figure out the meaning to life, and cannot comprehend who God is beyond the simple awareness that He exists.
We just recently moved to a new house and two weeks after we moved here, the man accross the street's brother moved in with him. He also happens to be a registered sex offender. Pornographic images of little girls on the internet. I have 3 daughters under the age of 10. My middle child ran out in the yard buck naked a few days ago after I had already told her several times not to ever go outside in her panties or without a shirt on. (We are used to living like hillbillies in the country, so my children are used to being barefoot and running around in their underwear.) My husband and I both freaked out and started screaming at her. She was completely terrified and almost inconsolable over the way we acted towards her because we've never done that before. In her little mind, she couldn't understand why we were so angry with her. What a-holes we must be for getting so bent out of shape over something like that, right?
In our mind, all we could think about was the horror of some sick pervert looking at our child without clothes on. It makes me want to vomit right now. Our over-reaction was solely due to the sheer love and adoration we have for our baby. How do you explain a grown man looking at pornography of children to a 4 year-old little girl? You don't, because they can't comprehend something like that. How do you explain grown men sodomizing CHILDREN to a 4-year old little boy, for that matter?? Not only can a child not comprehend the reasoning behind their parents actions to protect them from that kind of sick sh*t, there is absolutely no reason to expose them to that kind of knowledge. They are babies, for God's sake!
I liken it to the garden of Eden. I can't even wrap my brain around the rage and betrayal I would feel if someone took it upon themselves to "explain" things to my children so they would have the same degree of knowledge as their parents. In turn, only succeeding to wipe out the innocence of their childhood.
So many people think God was the a-hole and wanted to keep us ignorant, while the enemy was really the savior of mankind, offering us knowledge and understanding.
What an absolute, delusional joke.
Only because I was broken and then made whole, do I have the strength in character it takes to be humble.
Knowledge and "enlightenment" are the glittering jewels of deception and pride.
God owes us no explanation, yet He gives us a full revelation of Himself in His Word.
And yet so many argue and pontificate over every single jot and tittle.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There are only two options:
They either are accurate, or they are not.
I believe they are.
Many believe they are not.
It is what it is.

I've already shown the discrepancies that there are in the different writings we have today. If he allows that to happen, he would have ALWAYS allowed it to happen, even from the very beginning. Don't you see that this is why there are so many denominations in christianity? Over 30,000! And, many of them tell the others that they aren't true christians, and that they are going to hell! I've seen it.

You are shadowboxing. As long as you continue to wrestle with these issues, you cannot see the forest for the trees. It doesn't matter what all these denominations believe. It doesn't matter what other people believe. God does not compare us to everyone else. He only compares us to Himself, and we will always fall miserably short. It only matters what you believe. Only you are responsible for you.
I could care less if there were a million denominations in Christianity. That has no bearing whatsoever on my relationship with God.
And no human being has the right to tell another human being that they are going to Hell, or Heaven for that matter. No true Christian, no one who truly follows The Way of Jesus, His teachings or truly believes in the benevolence of God, would allow themselves to behave so presumptuously, passing judgment on someone else. That is not my or anyone else's responsibility or place. The people that do that are using themselves as the standard of measurement. And that is pride.

Now, imagine a person like me standing on the outside looking at this mess. How am I supposed to believe when there are christians telling each other they are going to hell because they don't believe correctly?

I do, I have, and my heart is breaking for reasons I will not address publicly out of respect for your privacy. You are right when you describe this as a mess, for it truly is. And neither heads, nor tails can be made of it solely through human intellect and reason.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

And neither heads, nor tails can be made of it solely through human intellect and reason.
Then what else do I have to use?

1 Corinthian 2:14 "The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't know why I just reacted, maybe because I'm a warrior of light

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well, well......I've been composing a U2U message about this exact frame of reference. Thoughts and prayers I've had over the last few days that no one else knows about, and here it is in your reply. I immediately smiled and wondered if Hydro would say I was "deluding" myself.

I will answer you the same way I answered her: We're not talking about humans here. We're talking about a loving god who loves us unconditionally. He even became one of us to sacrifice himself unto himself for us. Why wouldn't he answer questions? Especially since he would be able to explain it all very easily and give his reasoning? It would help us understand him better.

Being all-knowing, he would have no problem explaining things to us in ways that would help us understand what was going on, maybe it would help us have a better outlook about him? Humans, on the other hand, are not perfect, like this god is. We shouldn't make him on our level, should we, and compare us to him in regards to this, should we?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join