It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns of pre-emptive strike on AMD if NATO goes ahead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Not the thread for this topic but nonconstructive comments... come on guys...

On the topic however, I read the articles and I think that to a degree russia is only giving fair warning should there be destabilization in regards to the US and our missile systems. If we were to fail to a certain level it would be wise of any body with the power to do so to immobilize and destroy our arsenal thus preventing an unstable or even headless military system from using the missiles or worse yet having a different entity take control of our missile systems in the absence of US control. A concise attack could prevent the death of millions.

But there again I am not in the heads of the russian leadership, although it seems to be an important step to maintain european security, they as we always do may have alternative motives as well... Too much support for their action, mixed with a little conflict could lead to a reunion of some eastern european nations with their former master...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Good for Russia. If the Russians were doing this in say...CUBA, the U.S. would be all over this. Oh wait, that already happened.

I'm all for there being checks and balances against the imperialist, fascist U.S. And yes, I am a U.S. citizen.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
reply to post by victor7

Mig 31s fly 24-7. That's funny....The average flight time for Russian pilots is less then 24 hours a year.......

Again you hide under false numbers. Average flight time for fighter pilots in Russia is 90 hours a year these days.This is far much less than 150-200 hours per year for western air forces. But that does not mean Mig-31s do not fly 24-7.

Btw, there is no such thing as SrWingCommander.............or may be it is your personal thingy!

edit on 3-5-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Back to Cold War posturing now that Vlad is officially back in charge of the party (as if he ever wasn't)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Russia warns of pre-emptive strike on AMD if NATO goes ahead

One has to wonder why Russia would choose to make such a threat against a defensive weapon system unless... unless they are upset because they couldn't launch missiles and destroy European cities.

Internal politics - sabre rattling requires an external enemy - the "Missile shield" is completely useless against a strike into Europe, and the Russian Military knows.

But they are obeying their political masters to keep an obvious "enemy" in front of the populace to divert domestic attention away from the kleptomaniac Russian Govt.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
America is the best

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeerPark
America is the best

That is a very subjective opinion!

Would you care to start a new thread in order to discuss hard evidence that could support that? You must have found some way to quantifiably rate world organizations so I would be quite interested to see where other countries lie! Hard to believe but hey, you're the anthropologist so send me a link when you put up your work!

I can never truly express my love for knowledge and thorough studies!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronAlbatross

Will give it to the Deer in the jungle............America is the best in most things but not everything. Foreign policy and actions is one area it has been 'far from the best' in the last 20 years since the USSR broke up.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

I admit to trolling, but I wanted to give a friendly (or at least humorous) reminder about this forums policy on one liners, sticking to the subject and posting things that don't add to the conversation...

That being said please everyone ignore this post and lets carry on this great discussion!

In response to babybunnies, It has been my somber opinion that as long as nuclear weapons exist the cold war never has and never will end. No treaty has ever truly allied all nuclear capable nations nor relieved enough tension! Since the USSR got the bomb the state of affairs has been thus; with the push of a button we could break out in nuclear war at any time. The likelihood of this happening changes at times but the possibility never died.
edit on 3-5-2012 by BaronAlbatross because: ensuring constructive conversation

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wasn't PNAC the plan to capitalize on the demise of the USSR?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
What if the ex Russia team up ? After all theyre sandwiched between China and Iran, sound pretty good for "Mutual Assured Defense".

In Russia, you dont talk bullets, bullets talk for you..

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
This is great. I'm sure soon all over U.S. news we will see Russia demonized for threatening a 'pre-emptive' strike, even though it's Americas specialty. Remember, it's only wrong when someone else is doing it, the U.S. is always right

Lol.. true! Russia will also be accused of trying to spread communism all over the world once again! And just when we thought democracy had won! Evil Russians.

Russia does have every right to be angry, this shield is being blamed on the "Iranian threat" which simply does not exist because Iran does not have that kind of capability (to bomb Europe from afar). The US is simply closing in on Russia, and threatening her ability to defend herself and cutting off all her allies. This is not a good policy. When you back someone into a corner they usually come out fighting.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

Hi jam ,
Folks really have to learn the DIFFERENCE between Mother Russia and the old rotten USSR.
Stop and think for a moment. Russia was invaded and a revolution pursued.
The out come was the USSR.
The US kicked the USSR in the keester.
This does not mean it evaporated as a tour de force or an ideology.
And do you know what??
Those folks are pissed at the US.
Mother Russia has released it's hold on, I would say most if not all lands conquered by the Soviets.
Please wrap your mind around this. The Super Power stage is now set with FOUR players.
USA, China, Russia and the former USSR. Three of those ideologies have learned by war and destruction on their home turf.
One has as yet not.
I report you decide.ljb
PS I may have this all wrong. If you think I do let's hear it.
edit on 5/3/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/3/2012 by longjohnbritches because: add

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

As a Canadian,, i hope i can reply for our American ,, grumpy insane, but still American,,ya,,but anyway,,

THE CIVIL WAR.
Europeans,, all Europeans,, are not able too fathom, the heartbreak,,destruction, and the great sorrow this wound, caused,, but indeed it did heal,,
And afterwards, not one war between the states was fought, too the point of the CIVIL WAR.

Thats 200 years or more of PEACE. from all out WAR.

Sadly this was why Americans were reluctant too enter the ww2 conflict in Europe,, cause war is bad. period.

If u think that America has never tasted war on it's soil,,fought brother against brother, man against man,,
in the perspective of European Conflict,,of blood on there own soil,,,you are wrong,, in said thinking,,
And besides when blood hits the ground,, does it matter on what soil?

Me.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

I am sorry, but I do not believe I understand... did I miss a war? When exactly did the US kick the USSR?

And also I am not understanding your meaning on 4 super powers in the world today, one being Russia and one being USSR?

I am not clear on what exactly your ideas and thoughts happen to be.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

ohhh ok, so you are saying the US has not had a civil war except once?

And since when does the US find herself reluctant to go to war, since she has been at war for 200 out of the last 235 years with someone...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Russia is just going to be seen as the bad guy at the end of the day

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

I understand what you are saying,, but we are talking about Global War,, see for instance, ww1
or ww2

Global war,, what you have seen and experienced,,in this generation,, is not war,, by any stretch of the imagination.

Global war.
and my generation has always know,, that when this one starts,, indeed,, sticks and stones.
Albert.

Me.
edit on 3-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
don't worry, america will offer a sweet deal to russia in the one world government, before the pre-emptive/first strike option comes into play.

yes but will Russia take the offer?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Jameela

I understand what you are saying,, but we are talking about Global War,, see for instance, ww1
or ww2

Global war,, what you have seen and experienced,,in this generation,, is not war,, by any stretch of the imagination.

Global war.

I am very sure what I have seen is war... but that is ok, global war...

going with your idea... what about global war? What was your point about the US?

In my opinion the US government are quite bloodthirsty, but also a coward when it comes to war on her own soil....is this what you are trying to say?

And how are your connecting this with Russia right now? Are you saying US will back down from any Russian threat?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

I am very sure what I have seen is war..
Global war is a different level of ,,Espre' De Corps,,pardon my French,,it's stuff of " Let Slip The Dogs of War "
Global War is,, you keep what you capture,,everything,,,everyone,, if you disagree,, with that, there is no court of law,, one law only,, surrender or be shot,, then imprisoned,, or worse.
It is not a game,, because, it becomes very personal,, and there are rations too.
GLOBAL
WAR,,, sucks,, a lot bigger, than this generation understands.
It sucks so bad they had too make up special rules,, called the Geneva Convention,,but,, ya there certainly are winners in war,, but this time if it goes Global,, there will only be one left stand,,,guaranteed.
Me.
edit on 3-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join