It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Collapse, Mike Ruppert's shocking documentary.

page: 1
44
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Last night I watched a documentary, called Collapse.

When it started, there was a man in a chair, rifling cigarettes and facts alike, and laying the groundwork of why the financial instiutions of our country, or world even, has failed us on levels that are insane!

He was a whistleblower against the CIA for drug dealing in the 70s-80s, when he was a detective for NYPD, and followed a path of calling out murderers, and financial "WTFs" from our government, to put it lightly.

Well anyway, I searched around and couldn't find this around here, and finally found the full video on youtube. IF THE VIDEO GOES DOWN, which it might in like a week, then just search the internet,

I PERSONALLY BELIEVE: This documentary is extremely eye opening about the dots being connected in front of us. This situation described in the documentary is so big, and encompassing, that we NEED someone to link it all for us, unless we have a conspiracy room with pushpins pictures and string.

ATS, ENJOY!





posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
For those of you who are on ATS mobile, or cannot see the video, here's kinda what goes on:

He lays down information concerning Peak oil, peak oil production/costs/demands, and moves into why it is important, and what is our actual NEED for oil.

Oils are in plastics rubbers tires etc.

He goes on to list why most alternative fuels are completely useless to replace oil.

He then talks about the derivatives and the 700 TRILLION dollar bullsh* from the national banks, and how paying all the bailouts back, and the trillion here the trillion there is like chasing the 700 trillion derivative down the drain.

He isn't just fear mongering though. He goes on to talk about A LOT, and then at the end he begins to tell us how we are going to survive this change, how the rugged individual will fail to the helpful community of re-builders.

This whole documentary is like a roller coaster.

He even starts crying at one point, with the realization of everything, and what it will mean to the countless civilians, babies, fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here is another talk he has had. This one is the ten year anniversary of 9/11.

This happened after filming/release of Collapse(2009)




posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
peak oil, the way Mr rupert has portrayed it has been shown to be a PTB scam
edit on 30-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones
 


So you're saying we HAVEN'T used half the oil supply, even looking at how much oil we use for every little thing? Besides, even if it hasn't peaked, it will.


Originally posted by Danbones
peak oil, the way Mr rupert has portrayed it has been shown to be a PTB scam
edit on 30-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)


At least give me a link to something
edit on 30-4-2012 by Iconic because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm gonna watch this later on my phone whilst waiting at the dentists office. I'll comment on it then. Replying so I don't forget to.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I'm gonna watch this later on my phone whilst waiting at the dentists office. I'll comment on it then. Replying so I don't forget to.

Don't let your dentist molest you while gassed.(louie?)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Iconic
 


Sure Ike
video.google.ca...#


Why is Obama Lying About US Oil Reserves?...“With only 2% of the world’s oil reserves, we can’t just drill our way to lower gas prices,” President Barack Obama said in his weekly address March 10. “Not when we consume 20% of the world’s oil.”

The claim is, if not blatantly false, at best grossly misleading. If the President didn’t know this, some advisors should be dismissed. If he did, he needs to accept the blame and formally correct it.
As Investors Business Daily explained,

… the figure Obama uses—proved oil reserves—vastly undercounts how much oil the U.S. actually contains. In fact, far from being oil-poor, the country is awash in vast quantities—enough to meet all the country’s oil needs for hundreds of years.

oilprice.com...

hope this provides some inference into mr rupert's aganda


eta
the myth of peakoil and the wars the US and britian have started in oil zones are the reason that Venezuala pays 17 cents a gallon and you don't
edit on 30-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones
 


It doesn't matter how much oil the U.S has. What matters is how much we can economically extract. If it takes a barrel to produce a barrel then there is no point. It maybe hard for some people on this website to believe, as i have noticed, that peak oil is actually not a PTB scam but a reality that will have a huge effect on everyone's life. Here are the facts:

-World oil discoveries peaked in 1960, since then we have been finding less and less oil each year

-Since 2005 world production of oil has flat lined; must be hard for the elite to stop every rogue nation from producing all this abundant oil?

-World net exports of oil have been decreasing, dramatically. Meaning there is less oil each year for importers like the U.S to buy.

-All finite resource's production rates follow a bell curve, now if you claim that oil isn't finite but infinitely being produced in the Earth's crust then I would ask that you provide some evidence for this extraordinary claim.

- U.S oil production peaked in 1970 exactly when M. King Hubbert predicted it would based off of past U.S oil discoveries and extraction rates. This peaking led to the oil crisis' of the 1970's, where the U.S for the first time realized the importance of controlling world oil supplies.

I really hope you are wrong about peak oil being a fraud for one reason. That is if oil isn't finite and we can use as much of it as we please, then at an energy growth rate of 2.3% each year (which is below the average of 2.9% for the U.S) the temperature of the Earth is just over 400 years will reach boiling point. This temperature increase isn't because of global warming (which i don't buy into) but because of thermodynamics. Every type of energy breaks down into less and less usable forms, the least usable being heat which everything eventually breaks down to.

So if you are right and peak oil is a fraud, then we can continue our happy pursuit of infinite growth but someday will find it getting a little hot here on Earth. Damn you laws of thermodynamics!



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am not going to comment on the peak oil situation, I have seen both sides of the argument and they are both compelling.

I loved this Doc when it came out, I think it is well done and has lots of good information. I am confused by Ruppert though, I first came across him in connection with the Iran Contra and he seems like a solid guy.

But...for all his teary eyed confessions about wanting to help humanity, he offers nothing that is not a paid membership scenario. He is extremely concerned about getting paid for his information which seems weird to me.

I understand offering a membership on your site, people need to make money to survive but if he is so benevolent and altruistic why not offer some stuff for free? If the world is indeed collapsing and fiat currency is a joke then why work so hard to sell books and memberships?

I haven't entirely made up my mind about him. He is either for real or is pushing an agenda. His background does make me a bit suspect.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by epsilon69
If it takes a barrel to produce a barrel then there is no point. Here are the facts:

-World oil discoveries peaked in 1960, since then we have been finding less and less oil each year

-Since 2005 world production of oil has flat lined; must be hard for the elite to stop every rogue nation from producing all this abundant oil?

-World net exports of oil have been decreasing, dramatically. Meaning there is less oil each year for importers like the U.S to buy.

-All finite resource's production rates follow a bell curve, now if you claim that oil isn't finite but infinitely being produced in the Earth's crust then I would ask that you provide some evidence for this extraordinary claim.

- U.S oil production peaked in 1970 exactly when M. King Hubbert predicted it would based off of past U.S oil discoveries and extraction rates. This peaking led to the oil crisis' of the 1970's, where the U.S for the first time realized the importance of controlling world oil supplies.

I`ve tried my friend.
There are so many people who can`t handle the truth of Finite Oil.
Yes, there is a huge Shale Deposit, but attainable at a cost that will see the Rich drive, and we walk, or bike.
There used to be a Huge Passenger Pigeon presence, they were even replenishable.

Where are they now.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by epsilon69
 


the oil companies bought up the refineries in the US in the seventies and have built none since
the things you talk of are created to create an excuse
oil men like bush and cheney went in an burnt all the wells in Iraq
( it came out recently they were burnt by special forces not Iraqis, as I have said all along)
because peak oil is a sham like global warming.

btw the Iraqi oil that was supposed to pay for that war goes to Israel by pipe and then from there to china, and then from there to the US.
at vastly inflated prices
go figure
edit on 30-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Even IF the peak is a myth, it is going to come, its only a matter of time.

When it comes, it will be ugly. There are no alternative fuels that are a serious, viable offer. Plus our connection to oils in the development in resins, fibers, polymers, etc makes it so we use oil at such a ridiculous speed that peak is going to come, and when it does, or if it already happened, we're screwed, to put it lightly.

Rest assured, that no matter how much you 'hope' you have been told the truth, and how much you 'think' is there, all I can say is that something doesn't feel right, and the dots connected paint a web of intricate realities formed around all of this.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Peak oil is a myth. With current technology, oil can be extracted from North Dakota at $80 per barrel. North Dakota is booming. North Dakota has more oil than Saudi Arabia. The US will be able to supply all its needs, and export a lot more, within 10 years.
The global warming idiots hate this. But it is reality.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iconic
Even IF the peak is a myth, it is going to come, its only a matter of time.

When it comes, it will be ugly. There are no alternative fuels that are a serious, viable offer. Plus our connection to oils in the development in resins, fibers, polymers, etc makes it so we use oil at such a ridiculous speed that peak is going to come, and when it does, or if it already happened, we're screwed, to put it lightly.

Rest assured, that no matter how much you 'hope' you have been told the truth, and how much you 'think' is there, all I can say is that something doesn't feel right, and the dots connected paint a web of intricate realities formed around all of this.



This is the part so few people understand. There are very few things in our lives that oil does not touch. From your phone, to your dinner plate. I truely believe that peak oil has come. It does not take a genius to realize that a non renewable resource will run out some day. The first thing ever one thinks of is gas prices but we depend so heavily on chemical fertilizers and pesticides to feed this over populated planet. Food storage is dependent on plastics, not to mention so much else in our daily lives. And just because there is oil there does not mean that you can extract it for less than its worth.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
I am not going to comment on the peak oil situation, I have seen both sides of the argument and they are both compelling.

I loved this Doc when it came out, I think it is well done and has lots of good information. I am confused by Ruppert though, I first came across him in connection with the Iran Contra and he seems like a solid guy.

But...for all his teary eyed confessions about wanting to help humanity, he offers nothing that is not a paid membership scenario. He is extremely concerned about getting paid for his information which seems weird to me.

I understand offering a membership on your site, people need to make money to survive but if he is so benevolent and altruistic why not offer some stuff for free? If the world is indeed collapsing and fiat currency is a joke then why work so hard to sell books and memberships?

I haven't entirely made up my mind about him. He is either for real or is pushing an agenda. His background does make me a bit suspect.


I liked this video a lot when I first saw it 2 years ago. I liked the "100th monkey theory" at the end.

According to some sources online the man is almost broke and facing foreclosure of his home. Semi-recently he was part of series on the History Channel called "Prophets of Doom"





edit on 4/30/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus
 


For sure, I heard about his financial situation and that most definitely sucks. I guess my only reservation is when people tell you the world is ending and then want to sell you a book about it. He's not the only person that does that so I don't want to make the guy out to be a fake or anything. But yeah, he needs the money so I'm not going to judge him too much.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951
Peak oil is a myth. With current technology, oil can be extracted from North Dakota at $80 per barrel. North Dakota is booming. North Dakota has more oil than Saudi Arabia. The US will be able to supply all its needs, and export a lot more, within 10 years.
The global warming idiots hate this. But it is reality.


I've read about the oil in ND.. estimated 30 years of oil.. how is that enough?



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I liked it, I thought it was well done. We depend on oil way too much regardless of what you believe about peak oil.



posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I thought at the end of the doc it said he was living at a home in worry of foreclosure with his dog and sings songs to pass the time, also that he no longer does investigative journalism or something along those lines. Personally I think the man truly believes in what he is telling us, whether that is the truth or not I suppose is anyone's guess.



new topics

top topics



 
44
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join