It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapse, Mike Ruppert's shocking documentary.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

There is nothing wrong with alternatives. But not nuclear - which is the worst. And probably not solar (too expensive) or wind -the large wind turbines are too expensive and an environmental problem.
Tesla had the answer - one day we will relearn what he tried to give us.
In the mean time, better to burn oil and coal than create more Fukushimas.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt1951
reply to post by RealSpoke

There is nothing wrong with alternatives. But not nuclear - which is the worst. And probably not solar (too expensive) or wind -the large wind turbines are too expensive and an environmental problem.
Tesla had the answer - one day we will relearn what he tried to give us.
In the mean time, better to burn oil and coal than create more Fukushimas.

Ruppert is telling us that holding on to these ideas of alternative fuels is a pipe dream. Wind turbines are the best of the bunch, and tesla's "answer" is the biggest of pipe dreams. Plasma fusion is possible, so say few, but until it's actually being used all over the world we aren't reaping its benefits.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Aftermath: World Without Oil
What would our world look like if we ran out of oil?

www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-5-2012 by DeerPark because: forgot some words

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think Mike Ruppert is a decent guy who has been through a lot. His book Crossing the Rubicon was very interesting on the subject of 9/11 and peak oil. He is an important figure in the truther movement and was a trail blazer in the world of the alternative media. He was a precurser to a lot of people, like Alex Jones, who have become fixtures. He fought the good fight and was paid union scale for it.

Like everyone who is getting older, late fifties, early sixties, he has to rethink things.

Memo to Mike

Community living of the kind you have been talking about. Spiritually based. Start at the bottom and stay there. Read the poetry of Thomas Merton. Simplicity. Humility. Joy.
edit on 1-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Oil is infinite. The same way the the blood in our bodies is. It can be drained to the point of affecting the entire body (earth) but in time it regenerates. Keep in mind the earth is a LIVING ORGANISM. The earth produces much much more than just the ground we walk on. Above our heads the earth produces electrical and magnetic fields.

We as the human race are not living with much wholesomeness. This can be attributed to the 'vision' of the people in power, and their ability to influence the minds of the masses. So it may seem that we are on a crash course, but we are merely on a course to rebound.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Rebound huh? I don't think so. While I can appreciate your positive outlook, and I do wish that you're correct, we are very close to inevitable mass extinction. Not only ourselves, but all life on planet Earth. Courtesy of the human race. We can't expect to do what we have done to this planet and assume otherwise. Valdez, The Gulf disaster, Fukushima ect. Everything prior, during and after all of those events as well. The truth is, even if we woke up today, it's probably much too late to reverse.

Even if we do not complete the process ourselves, Then The Earth will finish the job for us. Human beings have become a plague to this Planet. It was not always that way, but most likely a test by those who put us here. Nevertheless, One of these days the Earth is gonna shake us off like fleas. The 442 Nuclear reactors world wide wlll be the death of our species.

I think Ruppert means well, but is also in this for profit. Alot of these guys just repeat the same information that alot of us already know. They just have a different way of telling the story. Documentary was good I thought though. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Thank you for posting that video I didn't have the ability to watch the whole thing but I did listen to it in its entirety and will have to go back and watch it/listen again as I'd really like to grasp what the old man is saying.

No problem, I would suggest you watch it properly. Shortly, when I get a bit of free time, I will pop back into this thread and take what we learnt from that video and make some mathematical estimations based on current figures of oil consumption and expected recoverable reserves.

edit on 1-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

I was watching/listening on my iPhone at work so when I couldn't see I would listen in my headphones, I remember during math 111 going over this principle but I never grasped its significance until recently über cool

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
People that claim we can't survive without oil, due to it being used in so many everyday things, have obviously little understanding of one of the BEST alternatives, namely HEMP.

Hemp has over 50,000 uses and could solve so many world poverty problems, that it's absolutely criminal that it remains so maligned!

Ford Cars and Hemp Bio-Fuel

Seriously the continued suppression of Hemp is in my mind, one of the greatest crimes against humanity, ever perpetuated!

Hemp Car
edit on 1-5-2012 by SpaceJockey1 because: added image

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

I think you've hit on something that is very important. Mike Ruppert's extended interview in Collapse shows him to be a little out of date in terms of potential innovations and options that we have as a species. His critique of ethanol is weighted on the premise of producing it through growing corn. There are other more economical ways.

Mike is right though, in underlining the potential of a serious catastrophic collapse if we don't start to change immediately . . . and by we I don't mean our governments or our elites. We ourselves have to boot strap this thing ourselves. Our leaders will eventually follow and then push their way to the head of the parade as they always do.

We can make it, but we have to get right down to doing it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iconic
Last night I watched a documentary, called Collapse.

When it started, there was a man in a chair, rifling cigarettes and facts alike, and laying the groundwork of why the financial instiutions of our country, or world even, has failed us on levels that are insane!

He was a whistleblower against the CIA for drug dealing in the 70s-80s, when he was a detective for NYPD, and followed a path of calling out murderers, and financial "WTFs" from our government, to put it lightly.

Well anyway, I searched around and couldn't find this around here, and finally found the full video on youtube. IF THE VIDEO GOES DOWN, which it might in like a week, then just search the internet,

I PERSONALLY BELIEVE: This documentary is extremely eye opening about the dots being connected in front of us. This situation described in the documentary is so big, and encompassing, that we NEED someone to link it all for us, unless we have a conspiracy room with pushpins pictures and string.

ATS, ENJOY!

Thank you for posting this video, I missed seeing it on Current TV 2 years ago and I totally forgot the name of the guy and eventually it fell to the wayside. I was able to see 15 minutes of it before I had to run errands and I was hoping to catch it at a later time but missed it. Even the person who was shooting the Documentary was caught off guard by the influx of information he didn't ask for and from other tangents. I think this guy was privy to alot of information early on and knew most of the game plan. Do any of you who are older remember (around the time that he was involved with the CIA funding their operations via drugs in LA and other places) back in 1992 or 1993 that a warehouse in LA had 230 tons of coc aine and it was in the news for a day and then it fell of the radar. I think this was the warehouse that the CIA was using to store it's coke.

Once again thank you for posting this.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Correct, agricultural oils and plastics are the solution.

That is what Henry Ford and G W Carver wanted to do with the industry.

Their plan was to replace gasoline with bio-fuel and to create plastics (which were shown to be far superior in quality to petrol plastics).

They had a very elaborate vision for how you could use agriculture to replace the oil industry products.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I honestly got emotional at the end when it said his book was largely ignored and he is behind on rent.
His life's work wasn't in vain.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Peak oil is a myth. With current technology, oil can be extracted from North Dakota at $80 per barrel. North Dakota is booming. North Dakota has more oil than Saudi Arabia. The US will be able to supply all its needs, and export a lot more, within 10 years.
The global warming idiots hate this. But it is reality.

i'm always confused by deniers of global warming...if i read what they say correctly

" go ahead and burn as much fossil fuels as you like, because this has no correlation to global warming"

to me...having billions of tons MORE of "burnt exhaust" particulates along with the increase in CO2 (a gas that we EXHALE out of our lungs) in our atmosphere is not exactly a good thing, even if it does not warm the atmosphere as the deniers say. i do not want to breathe more CO2 into my lungs....how simple is this to understand?

When you raise the cost of energy through sheer stupidity - you end up killing many millions of humans. In countries such as India, not to mention Africa, there is no social safety net. You raise the cost of their fertilizer, you raise the cost to transport food, people starve. I do not give a crap if you think you are harming yourself by breathing CO2. CO2 is to plants, what oxygen is to humans.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Iconic

Recent - over the last 10 years - research at MIT vindicates Tesla.
Wind would work, with many small wind turbines distributed such as one for every home.
Unfortunately, big business got involved in the wind business.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt1951

As long as a capitalistic society is controlling energy, nothing will make much sense.

I mean, as far as debts are concerned, everyone owes everyone invisible money for energy that we're paying for in other ways, anyway. It's all a big mess.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Star and flag!

Peak (cheap) oil is a serious concern that is for some reason too ignored nowadays. Modern civilisation is utterly dependent on cheap oil. Yet our consumption continues to rise with no end in sight. Even the most catastrophic predictions of global warming do not compare to the disruption peak oil could cause.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's disturbing to see how many people think that peak oil is a conspiracy by the elites to control the average person. I think in time they will realize that peak oil is a reality, but they will probably come to terms with this the hard way.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by epsilon69

I don't think peak oil is a conspiracy. It just is wrong. As HL Menken wrote, for every complex problem, there is a simple, neat solution - that is wrong.
Peak oil is propagated by the nuclear industry as it benefits them.
We can and should seek alternatives that are low cost and practical, such as distributed (small) wind, and hemp. Hemp is a "weed", it doesn't need fertilizer, and grows on land that is not useful for other food crops.
Reserves of oil are always drastically understated. We probably have hundreds of years of oil available, with what has already been discovered. And as someone else here wrote, it may truly be inexhaustible. The oil companies have been developing the technology to extract this oil, so I do not view them as part of a conspiracy.
While in general electrical engineers have dismissed Tesla's wireless transmission of electricity, MIT researchers have demonstrated the practicality of this approach. The key was magnetic resonance.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by epsilon69

I don't think peak oil is a conspiracy. It just is wrong. As HL Menken wrote, for every complex problem, there is a simple, neat solution - that is wrong.
Peak oil is propagated by the nuclear industry as it benefits them.
We can and should seek alternatives that are low cost and practical, such as distributed (small) wind, and hemp. Hemp is a "weed", it doesn't need fertilizer, and grows on land that is not useful for other food crops.
Reserves of oil are always drastically understated. We probably have hundreds of years of oil available, with what has already been discovered. And as someone else here wrote, it may truly be inexhaustible. The oil companies have been developing the technology to extract this oil, so I do not view them as part of a conspiracy.
While in general electrical engineers have dismissed Tesla's wireless transmission of electricity, MIT researchers have demonstrated the practicality of this approach. The key was magnetic resonance.

I don't believe that peak oil is used to usher in Nuclear energy, because of everything that has happened to make nuclear energy look dirty, unsafe, and a gamble not needed to make.

An energy source that has the opportunity to end up like Chernobyl or Fukushima..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join