It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

People really have to stop quoting the old testament to try to make a point....anyone with half a brain knows that there is a new testament that directly contradicts the Old T nonsense.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Who sets the Churches policy?

Who?

The pope and last time i looked those kids aren't the pope and of course feel free to continue acting like bigots.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Thanks, we could hope so.

This whole campaign is thinly veiled at best, imo Savage was outright
intimidating, spouting hate, and then he bullied those kids who walked out.

how the heck was he intimidating? where did he spout hate? or bully anyone? you mean he pointed out that christians cherry pick the bible by only accepting parts of it? yeah he called people "pansy-ass" because they can't handle people pushing back when they attack gays using the bible. tell me, did any of those kids do that? or did they walk out on him?

He is what is commonly known as a hypocrite.

only to lying agenda driven christians who can't handle people calling them out on their crap.

As for the Whitehose.gov supporting this, well thats a clear agenda.

oh you mean promoting anti-bullying?

And another thing, having him up there on multiple screens like that....

Talk about Orwellian!
edit on 30-4-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

yeah the posts made by people attacking dan sure are orwellian, are you guys done with your minute of hate yet?
because as we all know giving people in a big room a lot of screens to see the person they came to watch is sure orwellian, i know i don't want a screen to see the guy when i'm in the back, that is too orwellian!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

WRONG,the old testament and new testament go together.
Like pieces of a large puzzle...one piece here and one there.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lovebringer
This is absolutely hilarious. Dan Savage tells the absolute truth about the bible and cherry picking, and now "Christians" are up in arms about it. Lets be serious now.

You know, I really have to say this.

If Dan Savage has a platform in the public schools
to expose the "contradictions" in the Bible, and further is given that
platform to expand his bully pulpit to beat up on high school students....

.....then in all fairness and equality, another platform should be given for those who
see that Muslim extremists need to be exposed, and they should be given a pulpit
to point out all of the contradictions in the Quran.

And so on and so forth.

Can we just admit that this guy was way off base, and has NO place in the schools.?!
After all this is a State run and funded school! Surely, you would cry seperation of
school and state! Right?!

Yeah, free speech and all that, equality. Sure, yep.

edit on 30-4-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by zerotime
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Why does it matter what Jews do? We are talking about Christians. And it isn't just one Book. Gods "laws" are in every single book of the Bible. Only a tiny handful are listed as a sample. Like I said, there are pages and pages of this insanity. People try to wash these crazy laws away with any sort of excuse.

edit on 30-4-2012 by zerotime because: (no reason given)

Well I guess ignorance is bliss
Are you telling me I am talking about Christianity??
That is untrue. I am talking about a loudmouthed bully meathead Dan something.
By your own admittance you have no idea what you are talking about.
Unless you adhere to Anti Christianism???

You are right. I have no idea what you are talking about. I fail to see how Jewish people read the Bible has anything to do with how Christians interrupt the Bible. And it also doesn't answer why Christians are so adamant about certain Biblical scripture rules and yet ignore others. One of God's ten commandments is to keep the Sabbath Holy. The Bible lists 39 things that Christians cannot do on the Sabbath. I don't know any Christians that keep that commandment.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

You simply ignored the content of my post. All you did was try to convince people that I somehow agreed with you by quoting small lines of my text out of context.
edit on 30-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Why does it matter what Jews do? We are talking about Christians. And it isn't just one Book. Gods "laws" are in every single book of the Bible. Only a tiny handful are listed as a sample. Like I said, there are pages and pages of this insanity. People try to wash these crazy laws away with any sort of excuse.

edit on 30-4-2012 by zerotime because: (no reason given)

Well I guess ignorance is bliss
Are you telling me I am talking about Christianity??
That is untrue. I am talking about a loudmouthed bully meathead Dan something.
By your own admittance you have no idea what you are talking about.
Unless you adhere to Anti Christianism???

You are right. I have no idea what you are talking about. I fail to see how Jewish people read the Bible has anything to do with how Christians interrupt the Bible. And it also doesn't answer why Christians are so adamant about certain Biblical scripture rules and yet ignore others. One of God's ten commandments is to keep the Sabbath Holy. The Bible lists 39 things that Christians cannot do on the Sabbath. I don't know any Christians that keep that commandment.

en.wikipedia.org...

The ignorance continues.
Either you are anti Christain or ignorant.
You have no where else to go with this.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Happy Mayday Eve, comrades! Soon, we will no longer assume the position.

When will some learn that being judgemental, confrontational, smug and ignorant isn't how the historical (or even living) Jesus would approach Dan Savage or the "left" (as if they exist as a cohesive group).

Then again, it's apparent that many who self identify as "right wing" say whatever pops in their heads in regards to their percieved religion and percieved threats to said religion's "way of life."

It must be a relief to think in absolutes that are verified no where but one's expectations.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma

Happy Mayday Eve, comrades!

Oh, maybe you have the wrong thread. The Occupy movement can
be found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Here are some of the heavy hitter supporters.

I think Savage is a good con man.

And a professional BeeEss'er.

Supporters really need to ask for an audit of his 501(c)(3) outfit and make sure you support the people getting paid the big money !! He started that tax status in Sept 2010....It Gets Better Project

They could be hoodwinking you.

Maybe these people are too !!

These videos seem to be made right about the time Savage set up his tax status company !! Hmmm.

Speaker Pelosi adds her voice to the chorus of Americans across the country as part of the It Gets Better Project to tell LGBT youth: you are not alone, it gets better.
Flashback: Nancy Pelosi Teams With Anti-Christian Bully Savage

As part of the It Gets Better Project, Vice President Joe Biden offers a message of support to LGBT youth who are being bullied. November 17, 2010.
Flashback Biden Teams With Anti-Christian Bully Savage

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton delivers a message to the LGBT community that "Tomorrow Will Be Better," at the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C., October 19, 2010.
Flashback: Hillary Clinton Teams With Anti-Christian Bully Savage

We're seeing these people's true colors man, Yeshua said "know them by the fruits of their labors". We're about to see what the fruits of their labors are going to be. Those huge prison FEMA camps aren't being built because it's fun.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Oh, maybe you have the wrong thread. The Occupy movement can be found here:
reply to post by burntheships

Thank you.

That may have been the nicest place anyone's told me to go in quite a while.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by zerotime

People really have to stop quoting the old testament to try to make a point....anyone with half a brain knows that there is a new testament that directly contradicts the Old T nonsense.

Both books verify the identity of God, they bare witness to Yeshua being our God. What is found in the OT can be found in the NT and vice versa. The OT was prophecy of good the things to come in the NT and alot of the old prophets still have prophecies yet to be fulfilled. End times prophecies to be exact. Yes we are in the second covenant but anyone worth their weight in salt can trace all of this back to the OT.

For instance take a peek at my Jesus is Yahweh thread link in my signature. People who say the OT is nonsense have no idea what they are talking about.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Happy Mayday Eve, comrades!

Oh, maybe you have the wrong thread. The Occupy movement can
be found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's here too for tomorrow --> www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Funny how ALL of your posts are so one sided...

Anyway...

What a joke to call Savage a "bully". It just goes to show the depths to which some self-professed "Christians" will go. It's really unbelievable.

www.pfaw.org...

Big Bullies: How the Religious Right is Trying to Make Schools Safe for Bullies and Dangerous for Gay Kids

Students deserve an education that is free from bullying and harassment, and in many districts parents, teachers, principals, community members and students are working together to create a safe and welcoming environment for all children. Bullying can impede learning and ruin lives. As Education Secretary Arne Duncan has said, “bullying is doubly dangerous because if left unattended it can rapidly escalate into even more serious violence and abuse.” Close to nine in ten Americans believe that bullying is a “serious problem,” and many communities are directly challenging harassment and violence in schools.

However, many Religious Right activists want to derail efforts to combat bullying. An increasing number of conservative leaders and organizations have fiercely opposed anti-bullying programs developed by schools and education groups for the sole reason that such programs identify and attempt to combat the widespread bullying of LGBT youth.

Rather than recognize and address the problem of bullying against students who are gay or perceived to be gay, Religious Right groups want schools to embrace a policy of inaction. Many resort to repeating discredited lies about sexual orientation and vilifying the LGBT community and its allies to back up their opposition to anti-bullying programs that mention anti-gay bullying. Concerned students, families, teachers, education professionals, and public officials should not be fooled by the far-right’s attempt to smear anti-bullying programs, and should instead ensure that schools address bullying with a direct, honest and comprehensive approach.
/ex]

They are honestly trying to argue that it is their 1st amendment right to bully.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What kind of hypocritical bullsh*t is this Jezebel talking about? Hillary Clinton is one of the main reasons kids get bullied nowadays. She is the direct reason for having mandatory corporal punishment taken out of public schools. Kids would be getting picked on less if she didn't put her nose in where it was not wanted. Used to be you could get your ass busted in school for being an insolent whelp. Teachers and the principal could jerk you up by the scruff of your neck and paddle your little behind right in front of all your friends and embarrass the crap out of you for being a punk.

She is also the reason why when parents try to discipline their kids, the kids threaten to call social services. She took the power from the parents and gave it to the kids. Now most parents just let their kids do whatever they want to keep from having to mess with them because they are spoiled brats.

The mess we got now is directly due to her meddling within the schools and homes of america back in the early 1990's. This woman should be tried for treason.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes, the outrage!

Ever hear the word "hyperbole?"

Is it the positive message or the borderline femaleness of Ms. Clinton you object to?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes, the outrage!

Ever hear the word "hyperbole?"

Is it the positive message or the borderline femaleness of Ms. Clinton you object to?

Neither, she's the one that orchestrated this mess and she wants to come off as the savior? Puh-leez!

This type of thing has been played before, namely at 9/11. Government sets up a false flag and then uses it to go to the M.E. so G.W.B. can get his daddy's oilfield back and then they pretend to be the saviors of Iraq, when they were the people who put Saddam in power in the first place.

You really that blind as to believe what they tell you?
edit on 30-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You simply ignored the content of my post. All you did was try to convince people that I somehow agreed with you by quoting small lines of my text out of context.

Big deal! You called the following statement "untrue", without addressing why it wasn't true!

The videos you posted, and the above "pledge", all indicate a preference for a particular group of victims. They also seem to deny that members of the gay community are capable of being bullies.

All you did was compare that statement to your own musings. If you feel that statement is "untrue", explain why. Please do so without "sidetracking" this time.

I am against our government supporting discrimination, or favoritism, in any shape, form, or fashion. LGBTs are only a small percentage of victims that are bullied in our schools! Why do you feel it's OK to ignore the others?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Because you have one side which is saying he isn't directly attacking Christians, other people say he is.

You have one side which call him a bully, the other side which are saying he isn't.

You have one side saying he's telling the truth, the other saying he's a hypocrite.

I haven't seen any one say "well, while what he said could be interpreted as OTT, he put's up a good point", or "he might be forming his own opinion, one which is shared, but he goes too far in how he portrays it." Even "while I disagree with everything he said, I accept that there are many more people out there, who tell the opposite of what he said, in worse or similar fashions, who I tolerate, so I shall (or ignore) what and how he says it".

Instead its "how dare he!" or "he's telling the truth, listen!".

I've even been on one side when commenting about this in another thread, but it's just silly.

While he went too far with "pansy-assed", he did tell people how it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join