It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Obama White House Fundraises For Anti-Christian Bully Savage
Breitbart Story

President Obama’s administration has focused heavily on ending childhood bullying. So why would the Obama administration get behind an anti-bullying organization headed by one of America’s most vulgar, extreme bullies?

Dan Savage is apparently the head of an organization called "It Gets Better Project".

It seems the Democrats are backing this all the way.

The Obama Administration has placed significant support behind the so-called It Gets Better Project. The White House has devoted a specific section of the WhiteHouse.gov website to the Project. President Obama, Vice President Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis, Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack, and many other administration officials have cut videos on behalf of the Project.
Lots of big names !

Sounds all well and good, no harm done.

However, Dan Savage himself created quite a ruckus last week.

This is the same Dan Savage who spoke at the National High School Journalism Conference last week, where he ripped into the Bible and called religious students “pansy-assed” for walking out on him.

But there’s much more to Dan Savage than just anti-religious bullying. He’s one of the biggest bullies on the planet. And he’s the point person the White House specifically chose – and fundraised for – in order to push their anti-bullying agenda.
Anti-Bully Advocate Dan Savage Bullies High School Kids With Profane Bible Rant
How Ironic !

Now, it’s not as though the White House was ignorant of the fact that the It Gets Better Project is run by Savage. On the contrary – search the White House website for Savage’s name, and two It Gets Better links come up. Not just that – in June 2011, Savage himself visited the White House and hung out with Administration officials; the picture above shows Savage, his partner Terry Miller, and Vice President Biden as snug as peas in a pod. And Biden isn’t the only high official Savage hung out with. We’ve got the pictures.

Related

On June 29, 2011, Dan Savage and his partner Terry Miller visited the White House for the Obama administration’s “Pride Reception.” There, Savage wore a pin reading “EVOLVE ALREADY” – an attempt to push President Obama into fully embracing gay marriage. “I believe the president should evolve,” Savage told the press pool. “He says he’s evolving. I believe him. I want to hurry him along.” Savage said Obama would embrace gay marriage in February 2013, after his re-election.
Inside Savage's Visit To The White House

About the ... "It Gets Better Project"

The It Gets Better Project was created to show young LGBT people the levels of happiness, potential, and positivity their lives will reach – if they can just get through their teen years. The It Gets Better Project wants to remind teenagers in the LGBT community that they are not alone — and it WILL get better.

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, a popular Orthodox rabbi famous for his writings on sex and popular culture, has blasted White House-endorsed sex columnist Dan Savage for his attack on the Bible and Christianity in front of an audience of high school students, comparing Savage's remarks to the hateful bigotry of the Westboro Baptist Church.
Rabbi Blasts Savage's Anti-Christian Rant: 'Westboro of the Left'

In December 2010, Dan Savage did an interview with Newsweek magazine along with “Glee” star Jane Lynch. In that interview, in which Savage spoke for the It Gets Better Project endorsed by President Obama and members of his administration, Savage did double duty. First, he used his favorite four-letter expletive with regard to Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), who opposed the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.” Then he had some particularly nasty words for Justice Antonin Scalia.
Savage: Justice Scalia Is A **!!

Looks Like they picked another winner !!

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I must ask:

Do you ever get tired of sowing so much dissension?

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
I must ask:

It's called exposing corruption.
Keep up the good work, xuechen

redbaron, why don't you relax and listen to your beloved leader tell a joke?
now.msn.com...

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I must ask:

Well I don't write the articles in the media. Somebody else does.

All I do is write About them and expose corruptible activity for your tax dollar.

Too much corruption is ...... well ...... corruptible.

The defenders need to Defend, not whine and shout and name-call.

I have much dissension for corruption and bribery and theft and "somebody getting paid" for "questionable" activities.

Since I don't know much about Savage or his outfit, I will rely on your opinions.

What say you ?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I must ask:

Did the poster invent it or is merely passing it along with his short and candif views?

('Voted for Obama, right?)
edit on 29-4-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Here is the link to the White House site that has the Savage organization listed.

It Gets Better

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
And the assualt on Catholics continues birth control and Fluke, now Savage the left is transparent as hell the supporters of Fluke were Obama donars as well.

Indeed corruption.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I started to read this till i saw BreitBart then i stopped.

So tired of opinion journalism in politics.. We had a time in America where these people would not work period and be blackballed from journalism. Thank you to deregulation of the media for opening the propaganda flood gates.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected

Awww now don't let That stop you !!

You need to find some supporting material.

There certainly should be more stories about all this by now ?

Can you find any that support the efforts ?

This can't be all one sided can it ?

Edit after Resurected edit.

So tired of opinion journalism in politics.. We had a time in America where these people would not work period and be blackballed from journalism. Thank you to deregulation of the media for opening the propaganda flood gates.

When was that, and when did it change ?

So we should totally abolish the 1st Amendment ?

edit on Apr-29-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Apr-29-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I've just heard of this guy. So far, he's heroic to me. It's about time someone exposed the xians. Sounds like he's exposing conservatives too. People aren't born xian. They have to be indoctrinated and accept the myths as truth. It's not like being gay. People may be born dicks. However, a large part of dickery is subjective.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Awww now don't let That stop you !!

You need to find some supporting material.

There certainly should be more stories about all this by now ?

Can you find any that support the efforts ?

This can't be all one sided can it ?

Sorry dude, no reason for me to read propaganda from any side.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Foremost, you seem to have two agendas to your thread that I will try to clarify. First, your primary target is Dan Savage, and the 'ruckus' he caused at a high-school last week. One may review the Dan Savage speech and take note that there was absolutely NO bullying of Christians. This type of spin is absolutely laughable. Savage never directly referred to those students as 'pansy-assed,' but was referring to the demographic that refuses any consideration of material or knowledge that is anti-thetical to their obviously weak-informed world-view, as well as those bullies that tend to deflate just as soon as a person stands up for him/herself.

Second, you wish to attack Obama's endorsement of the It Gets Better campaign. Maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see just how this is relevant to anything but your displeasure for the Obama administration. Perhaps you are trying to suggest that should the POTUS endorse Dan Savage, a comedian who also has a rounded and informed understanding of both old and new testaments texts (who himself is not opposed to religious activity (e.g. prayer), then it must follow that the Obama administration is somehow at fault for endorsing a controversial social and political comedian.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
There's an agenda present.

The White House is trying its hand a social engineering by approaching the "bully" issue in this manner.

They have created an underclass of people to hate. Lumping straight, christian, conservative people into the same category as bullies is just the start.

Their bias is showing.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kissy princess

Obama supporters need to think about something.

Did you ever consider that some agendas may actually insult and offend some people.

Like maybe some who might get real motivated this November and vote against Obama and Company.

Don't take everything for granted.

The 2008 elections failed to convert everybody into the fold.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
OMG!~@~ Better not support those evil homosexuals
/sarcasm

What is so bad about this?

edit on 29-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Btw, if you "don't know much about Savage and his outfit," then why make a fuss over such a thing, as per your initial post? It is very clear that you obviously have an agenda, and by thus admittedly exposing your ignorance over some very crucial variables in the subject matter doesn't really demonstrate a balanced and objective insight into this topic.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So all those people with "God Hates Fags!!" signs at political rallys are really gov plants huh.. Wow..

*Insert sarcasm all over this post*

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kissy princess
reply to post by xuenchen

Btw, if you "don't know much about Savage and his outfit," then why make a fuss over such a thing, as per your initial post? It is very clear that you obviously have an agenda, and by thus admittedly exposing your ignorance over some very crucial variables in the subject matter doesn't really demonstrate a balanced and objective insight into this topic.

Who's making a fuss ?

Can you post some good about Savage & Co. ?

I'm interested.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

That would be a great question to ask Dan Savage.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

So all those people with "God Hates Fags!!" signs at political rallys are really gov plants huh.. Wow..

*Insert sarcasm all over this post*

what signs are those ?

are any in the articles ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join