It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me how Homosexuals are "born that way".

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by KingDoey
If being gay was determined by genes then science would be able to correct that, if the said person wanted it to be corrected.

"Correct?" That assumes that something is wrong. :shk:

Ok let me detract that, ill replace correct with 'alter'

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

That's what I was going to say, but I didn't know how to say it without an argument.

I have been trying to stress that from my first post, IF, let me say that again IF it is a choice; that would not make it less than if it was not a choice.

Sure there would be no defence to the bigoted argument of "It's your choice", but the choice is not wrong so what does it matter? (IF it is a choice)

There is nothing wrong, with EITHER option. As for me, I am pro choice! (Ouch)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
But to be fair I was referencing specific folks, and not all of you wonderful peeps as a group!

Doesn't bother me. I would take offense if you called me a thief or a liar though. Those are things worth fighting over.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Seriously, you had it all the time and had no idea what it was for?

I don't know how to say this tactfully but surely you must've noticed before it was a...fun... spot?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I was born straight therefor gay people were born gay. END of story. I have a 5 year old son and I'm pretty sure he's gay because that's the way he was born he didn't just magically turn gay one day, if he's gay he's already gay and I'd love him just the same. And no if I could wish my son was heterosexual I wouldn't because I don't think the universe makes mistakes, if it wanted him to be straight he would've been but he's not. And no I'm not assuming my son is gay he's actually told me "daddy I don't like girls I like boys" and I told him its fine and I told him that most boys that like other boys don't tell anyone and keep it a secret their entire lives so it's good that he's being so honest at such a young age. So to anyone out there who thinks a heterosexual woke up one day and while brushing their teeth they randomly decided they were going to be gay, you guys are probably deluded.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
Being homosexual is a choice plain and simple. The masses have been brainwashed to be 'victims' with no sense of accountability. Hence people believing one can be born homosexual, an inherent logical fallacy, primarily Appeal to Belief as an example.

Accountability to whom? Whoever said that gay people had to ask straight people's permission to be gay? When is the last time a gay sexual encounter starved a child in a depressed country? Caused a war? Crashed Wall Street?

Leave the gay people alone and start worrying about the 5,000 nuclear missiles in the world, the imminent global economic collapse, terrorism, the upcoming World War THREE!

The world is going to hell from all different directions and we're here talking about what a little pecker can and can't do? It's beyond absurd!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Why do people lie about this subject.No one knows for sure why people are homosexuals.Can we have honesty at least.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I only have two gay friends in Canada! And if you are either one of them, you owe me an explanation for laughing at me when I saw that UFO!

Seriously though, my apology extends to anyone that I may have offended. Like I said, I may have a bigoted mindset on this. Due to the nature of bigotry, well I would obviously have trouble seeing it...

PS: Being told "WRONG" and "BS" well that just causes solidification of a bigoted mindset. Well, not mine, I have a special brain (Not THAT kind of special, but close!!)

I just have never seen any data that would contridict my observations, moreso since that is how all other folks are growing up...learn + experience = choice

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelligence101

And no I'm not assuming my son is gay he's actually told me "daddy I don't like girls I like boys" and I told him its fine and I told him that most boys that like other boys don't tell anyone and keep it a secret their entire lives so it's good that he's being so honest at such a young age.

Are you sure that's what he really meant? You probably know best but still, don't all 5 year old boys think girls are yuck and have the cooties.

Does he really understand the concept of homosexuality at that age? I mean no disrespect, just wondering.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Why not ask gay people lol. That would be too easy.

The talking numbers 22: donkey so commands it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Sorry.....I get too "emotionally" involved, sometimes......when bigotry (even IF unintentional) is displayed...

....most bigotry is NOT the fault of the "bigot".....it is the fault of a "system" of bigotry.......

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Your query answers it self. It is not genetic. It is mental. Their mind wants it and their bodies respond.
I too have no grude against LGBT. But their interests are a bit unnatural.
The reason why God... does not love them, nor hate them... is becuase God knew and knows that his decision to never ever use his powers to determine who gets born and who does not was his own.
He'll never litterally abuse his power like that. That is why we often ask why does God... blah blah blah...
God lets us choose for ourselves. He is creator and as such would like us to create as well and see what comes of it.
Back to LGBT... There can be a more sinister and or profound reason for his tolerance. But that is entirely new thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
I just have never seen any data that would contridict my observations, moreso since that is how all other folks are growing up...learn + experience = choice

Thus my insight on this as I see/saw it in my own child. You can believe it or not. He didn't learn it, he just is. It's not that hard.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I think its true. I didn't choose to be heterosexual, its just the way I am. I do believe it has to do with the way our brains are wired in childhood. If someone is neurologically hardwired to be attracted to the same sex, there is nothing they can do to change it, no "cure", as its their essence.At some point their mental software just switched to that preference, and yes, its possible the brain was that way at birth. Just like a straight person cannot become gay, I don't think a gay person can become straight.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I never take offense when an oppresed person lashes out at oppression...

And the same moniker will apply, intentional oppression or unintentional

Remember, I too have an alternative lifestyle. And I get my share of bigotry, and by proxy, I do my best to not display it myself.

PS: I know it is hard to remember not all dissenters are blind, some just need a better prescription! (I do need new glasses
)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

lol?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

I knew by the age of 7. It wasn't some screwed up vision of a pedo feeling me up either (I would imagine dad would have killed someone lol). It was as simple as things such as having an interest in both playing with boys and girls toys. I had one of those little kid crushes on my best friend. I knew I was different than the other little boys at that age but, didn't know a name for it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Glasses are not an impediment to life!! (Some think of them as a "stylish" expression!!!)
(I got kicked in the a@@ enough as a kid, for wearing glasses....is why I wear contacts, now!!)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Can I ask a question to our homosexual members? Dont answer if you dont want to...and it is not meant to offend anyone in any way.

Do you ever wish you were straight or are you happy being gay?

I personally am so glad that I am heterosexual and personally couldnt think of anything worse than to be gay.

Do you feel the same way if the situation is reversed?
edit on 29-4-2012 by KingDoey because: spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by muzzleflash

Oh, THIS again????

yeah......right.

More of the same sort of HATE that is part of the PROBLEM!!!

This is not much different from the same HATE that was a part of the RACIST era!!!

You mean how eugenicists think they should control the human species and interfere in the genome directly ?

I wouldn't call them hateful overall, sure some of them are very hateful, but I think most of them are misguided and misled by propaganda and don't actually realize the harm they are causing fully.

But yes by and large a vast proportion of the eugenicist community could be classified as 'racists', and try to use genetics as the crutch for that fallacious belief system, even though the truth is they are misinterpreting the data.

They want to claim that some people are "normal or desirable", due to various criteria, primarily genetic. They will make overgeneralized inaccurate assumptions of people based upon arbitrary factors. From this screwed up point of view, genetic diversity is frowned upon, whereas having "specific traits" is sought after.

Maybe it's your skin color, maybe it's your opinions on politics or religion, maybe it's your addictions or your compulsive behaviors, maybe it's because you are always sad or angry even, or maybe even if it's because of your personal natural right as a human to make a CHOICE of sexual partner....

The eugenicists want you to believe that everything is DNA's fault. Why? Because in 10 -20 years they will be selling us tons of gene-therapies from every conceivable direction.

The pharmaceutical and medical technology corporations are using misleading propaganda to fuel the demand for and consumption of their products. Also they are trying to weed out the "undesirables" through direct poisoning but remember they allow you to choose if you want to take the poison. That's the catch. It's their sick joke of a stupidity test imho.

Here is an interesting anecdote. Many people are attracted to fictional depictions, such as aliens. Like sexually attracted. Throw some nice legs and rear on there and people will think your alien is hot.
That can't possibly be genetically disposed can it? To actually think about having relations with a very strange green creature that has a nice lookin tail?

There is no way to explain that strange behavior with genetics outright, but instead it is simple and logical to explain it as personal choice and personal taste. Each person can choose to appreciate what they personally feel is attractive in their unique perspective. Free will and all that jazz.

Some people are like Captain Kirk and want to meet the aliens. Some wish to live as hermits, others may want a human partner. It's not a big deal. You can switch your tastes if you change your mind.

Oh and I almost forgot. Some people are just desperate and will take anything they can get *and or under the influence of chemicals*. It can't possibly be genetic that they would behave that way, it's clearly environmental mixed with personal choice/opinion.

I'm not criticizing people's choices I am defending them, by utilizing Constitutionally protected rights as the primary defense.

But those who speak of genetics are in for a real big wake up call. See this all happened with eugenicists and the Nazis in WW2, people so easily forget. Homosexuals WERE targeted due to their supposed "deformity". I am trying very hard to prevent this cycle from repeating.

Stick with the Constitution when it comes to the "actions of humans", and avoid this genetic talk. We don't even know 1% of how genetics work or how to properly determine exactly which genes to trigger. It could take thousands of years of research to actually start getting it right.

Upon the rise of Adolf Hitler, gay men and, to a lesser extent, lesbians, were two of the numerous groups targeted by the Nazi Party and were ultimately among Holocaust victims. Beginning in 1933, gay organizations were banned, scholarly books about homosexuality, and sexuality in general, were burned, and homosexuals within the Nazi Party itself were murdered. The Gestapo compiled lists of homosexuals, who were compelled to sexually conform to the "German norm."

The word “genocide” was generated from of a need for new terminology in order to understand the gravity of the crimes committed by the Nazis.[11] First coined by Raphael Limkin in 1944, the word became politically charged when The Genocide Act was enacted by the United Nations on December 9, 1948, which created an obligation for governments to respond to such atrocities in the future.

Get it ? Gene-Cide? Genocide?
Wiki link

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join