It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me how Homosexuals are "born that way".

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

How does he know he does not like girls, if he did not learn that?

"Just knowing" is still an experience that causes a choice...

Let me try this:

I have always been the way I am, always... However, I also know that I "chose" to be this way. I can remember many of the "triggers" that caused me to be "this way". The "triggers" for my lifestyle are numerous, to say the least. We're talking hundreds of thousands of possibilities. And only certain "combonations" produce a "person like me".

This works the same for ANY alternative (not "normal" or "average") lifestyle.

Also, let's not forget babies DO NOT have sex. How can they have a sexual preference? Furthermore, it was mentioned earlier that "babies prefer pretty faces" We do know that facial recognition is pre-programmed into a human? I can grab some sources if we need them.

Needless to say, an "ugly face" would not fit the pre-program. Try this in that experiment, get an ugly mommy and a pretty lady. Have the baby look at their ugly mommy and the pretty lady, which one is the baby going to want to stare at? (One program overrides the other.)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by karen61057

Seriously, you had it all the time and had no idea what it was for?

I don't know how to say this tactfully but surely you must've noticed before it was a...fun... spot?

Nope. Not a clue. Someone mentioned the little man in the boat and I was looking for a marina. This was in the 70's. True, my first boyfriend said girls cant come. Thats the environment I grew up in. I believed it until I was shown differently. Wowzer.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It has to do with sinful nature, we are all born with a sinful nature, so do we embrace it, or at least make an attempt to fight it? All of us are born into sin, which way that sin takes us, varies per person, some deviate to a great extent others to a minor extent. For humans this is in the eye of the beholder, but for God it is very clear.

Homosexual nature and it's practice is no different than Adultery and it's practice to God.
Think about it this, under the Mosaic law both were executed for doing this.

So when somebody says "they were born that way" I agree to a point, the point that we were all born into sin, and some of us a have a bigger battle on our hands because of simple genetics is a fact that can not be ignored.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Does it really matter anyway? live and let live.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by karen61057

lol?

It would be easier if you quoted the post you're answering. I have several posts on page 10 so I dont know which one this is in response to. Sorry. You question my sense of humor that much I get.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
It has to do with sinful nature, we are all born with a sinful nature, so do we embrace it, or at least make an attempt to fight it? All of us are born into sin, which way that sin takes us, varies per person, some deviate to a great extent others to a minor extent. For humans this is in the eye of the beholder, but for God it is very clear.

Homosexual nature and it's practice is no different than Adultery and it's practice to God.
Think about it this, under the Mosaic law both were executed for doing this.

So when somebody says "they were born that way" I agree to a point, the point that we were all born into sin, and some of us a have a bigger battle on our hands because of simple genetics is a fact that can not be ignored.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

Its only a sinful nature when sex is a sin. If you dont subscribe to that then sex is not sinful its just nice. You should also note that recently the Vatican came out and said that the story of Adam and Eve was just that, a story. What does that do to the concept of original sin my brother ?
edit on 29-4-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Food for thought, what this thread is trying do do is cause a Virginia Durr Moment.

Which is also the purpose of the OTHER side of this argument.

The problem is, these can not be forced. They have to be accepted by the Virgina.

Virginia Durr Moment is a phrase originating in developmental psychology which refers to an experience and "triggering event" which can foster the moral development of an individual. Characteristic of the experience is a serious challenge to an individual's value system. The book Some Do Care by developmental psychologists William Damon and Anne Colby (who are husband and wife), use the experience of Virginia Foster Durr to describe this phenomenon. Although Durr is known as a civil rights activist, in her early years she harbored racial prejudice—a result of her upbringing in the South. When Durr was a student at Wellesley College, her prejudiced value system was first seriously challenged.[1] On her first night at Wellesley, Durr refused to dine at the same table at which a Negro girl was sitting. The head of the house explained that the rules of Wellesley College required Durr to dine with the girl for one month, and that if Durr did not comply, she would have to withdraw from the college. As Damon and Colby explain "this was the first time Virginia's values had ever been seriously challenged and she stayed awake all night long worrying about the dilemma". They later go on to quote Durr "That was the first time I became aware that my attitude was considered foolish by some people at that Wellesley College wasn't going to stand for it. That experience had a tremendous effect on me.

en.wikipedia.org...

I know this has nothing to do with race, but her bigotry did. Replace it with gay, and these threads and their counterparts make so much more sense.

You can not force acceptance, and you can not force bigotry. Those, like the topic of the thread itself, are all choices to be made in your life.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Secondly, homosexuality does occur naturally in the animal kingdom. Since we are part of the animal kingdom, one must conclude that homo sapiens are equally vulnerable to homosexuality as any other species.

Exactly.

Also, I've had some dogs jump on my leg when they were 'in heat" or whatever people call it. Hah.

Are dogs genetically disposed to wanting human legs? I doubt it that's absurd.
Dogs just will go after anything that fancies them apparently.

Also some species can change sexes naturally due to various conditions.
Oh and some simple creatures are asexual and just make direct copies of themselves.

So there is incredible diversity within this topic range. When looking at the strangeness of nature you begin to see how humans overreact about our minor differences.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I thought you just mispelled vagina.

link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by Intelligence101

And no I'm not assuming my son is gay he's actually told me "daddy I don't like girls I like boys" and I told him its fine and I told him that most boys that like other boys don't tell anyone and keep it a secret their entire lives so it's good that he's being so honest at such a young age.

Are you sure that's what he really meant? You probably know best but still, don't all 5 year old boys think girls are yuck and have the cooties.

Does he really understand the concept of homosexuality at that age? I mean no disrespect, just wondering.

My son is 5 turning 6 and this is 2012 he knows the difference between gay and straight absolutely without a doubt. I've known he was gay since he was a toddler or at least I thought just by watching his mannerisms. And no this is not a stage he's going thru I'm 99% sure he's gay and so is his mother and everybody else in our family. He just recently started asking me why did god make him different and I'm not religious so I don't even know how to answer that question so I just tell him he's this way becauss that's the way he was born and the way he's suppose to be and I tell him he's not different everybody else is different, I think that makes him feel better. I wish society wasn't so conditioned on this subject because I feel like I'm going to have to deal with this all thru his school years and I don't have the correct temper for this situation because if anyone messes with my child I will be in jail

link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I hate to blunt my friend but if your "god" mattered maybe that opinion would as well. Secondly I doubt the Christ would diss gays. That a construct of human manipulation of religion.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Its only a sinful nature when sex is a sin. If you dont subscribe to that then sex is not sinful its just nice. You should also note that recently the Vatican came out and said that the story of Adam and Eve was just that, a story. What does that do to the concept of original sin my brother ?
edit on 29-4-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

No one tool or action is evil or good. It can be used for evil or good.
Like a gun or a shovel or sex.

Like if someone wallows in vanity and pride all day, and uses sex to control or manipulate other people unfairly, than I'd have to say that's a 'sin' or as I like to say, not cool. People who cheat and lie, etc. Those are 'sins' because they are being a d-bag to other human beings or to themselves. Rapists, etc.

But people who are not harming anyone at all, well then it's not really our business now is it? It's only our business if someone is harmed unfairly in some manner.

Is _____ a sin? Depends on the situation.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by windword

And mostly when it happens in the animal kingdom its because populations are over what the environment can sustain. Except for the Bonobos who just love to love ya baby. They have sex for everything. To say hello, to say goodbye, to settle an argument hell even when they are angry. These guys get it on all day long.
These little guys do it all. Face to face intercourse, tongue kissing, ( really??) oral sex. ( getting that tongue again) and homosexual behavour. They are the only know species of ape other than man to do so. www.liveleak.com...

edit on 29-4-2012 by karen61057 because: to add the link

I already posted this, but.......

en.wikipedia.org...
No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue.[20]

Two male giraffes in Kenya.
An example of overlooking homosexual behavior is noted by Bruce Bagemihl describing mating giraffes where nine out of ten pairings occur between males.
Every male that sniffed a female was reported as sex, while anal intercourse with orgasm between males was only "revolving around" dominance, competition or greetings.[22]

I really don't think population is problem among giraffes.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
OK....I'll try to explain how Homosexuals are "born that way"....
I haven't a clue.

edit on 29-4-2012 by rickymouse because: still haven't got a clue

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio

I too have no grudge against LGBT. But their interests are a bit unnatural.

In this context unnatural simply means there are more straight people than gay people. If there were more gay people, then heterosexuals would be unnatural.

Yeah, yeah, I'm already hearing people saying, "But the survival of the species depends on heterosexuals." Hulloooo, one of 7 BILLION HERE telling you that homosexuality has been around for thousands of years and we're still pushing the limits of the planet to sustain all of us.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I am so sick and tired of hearing people condemn me on this forum. Isn't ats about denying ignorance? I've about had it with people thinking they know better how to run my life than I do.

In the end none of us is god, and shouldnt be pretending we have the right to judge others. I'm done with this ignorance. I can't wait for all of these supposed enlightened ones to die and learn the ignorance that they let lead their lives.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
OK....I'll try to explain how Homosexuals are "born that way"....
I haven't a clue.

edit on 29-4-2012 by rickymouse because: still haven't got a clue

Why is it so confusing? How many here DON'T know that EVERY human fetus starts out as a female with an X chormosome? The fetus grows a clitoris. When the Y male chromosome kicks in, that clitoris grows into a penis.

A penis IS a clitoris. A clitoris IS a penis.

Frankly, with the sexual organs being made out of the exact same stuff, I'm amazed there aren't more gay people around.

With the way this thread is going, I'm surprised some of you aren't calling for the deaths of those females born with a fully functional penis.

link   
reply to post by Manunnaki

I think you could also ask why people would choose to be Christians or Jews or Muslims when society targets them?

This is a lot more complex than simple individual choices.

link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Why do people lie about this subject.No one knows for sure why people are homosexuals.Can we have honesty at least.

There are reports that plastics may cause an increase in female hormones www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

The op has asked the question about the factors that determine if a person is homosexual or not. Having reviewed all of the information given, there is one factor that is new to science and I believe it is there that you will find your answer, and that is the science behind attraction. This one aspect of human and human behavior has never really been studied before, and it is there that the question of what makes a man attracted to another man or certain women will come to light.

This question of what makes a man or a woman attracted to the same sex, is as varied as why some men prefer to date and are attracted to blonds or brunettes, or thin or young or old. It really has never been studied until now and should be looked at very carefully with out biasing the data. The very idea and some studies are good, however, fails to stand up to peer review or even is fully biased thus invalidating the entire study in itself.

It is possible that it could very well be a recessive gene as it is suggested. In this case it would be quite possible for such to pop up from every now and then, as in the case of say twins that skip generations or even how parents with brown eyes and dark hair can have children that are blond hair and blue eyed. Even there have been cases where 2 people who were African of origin gave birth and had children that were white, not albino, but white, as the genes were there, going back finding out that their fore bearers were the product of such a union. This question will never be fully be answered or even accepted once it is answered, as it will only lead to other questions.

While you are correct that a homosexual couple can not have children, there are cases and points where one or both of the persons in said relationship had children before they got into that relationship, and thus they pass the genes on down to their children and descendants. The gene has always been there, people tend to supress when they are afraid.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join