It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I highly doubt this will take the wind out of the sails of the blow hard manufactured outrage-rs.

He has apologized, you move "christians", do you humble yourselves and accept the apology as Christ would ask you to do? Or do you continue on with your manufactured outrage and thinly veiled homophobic reactions.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Of course he apologized! I was waiting that. For some reason I don't really sense an apologetic tone...
Anyway, I don't really think this guy is informed or personally knows any Christians who are not on the fringes. We are not all the Westboro Baptist Church. I would never, ever tell my gay friend (and my best friend of over 9 years) that I "hate the sin, love the sinner." I love and accept him, and he loves and accepts me. I am not God, it is not my right to judge him, or anyone for that matter.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by SisyphusRide

You said you are a man of Jesus.

I said he would not be proud of you.

that's not for you to judge... besides didn't I hear you claim you were not a Christian adherent?

wow

who are you to judge anyway? I respect the moderators decisions... they are the law around here.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Dan Savage Addresses Journalist Conference Speech Controversy, Denies Attacking Christianity

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The outspoken lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights advocate addressed the backlash on his blog late Sunday. "I would like to apologize for describing that walk out as a pansy-assed move," he writes. "I wasn't calling the handful of students who left pansies (2,800+ students, most of them Christian, stayed and listened), just the walk-out itself. But that's a distinction without a difference -- kinda like when religious conservatives tells their gay friends that they 'love the sinner, hate the sin.'"

Now what?

The Dan Savage performance was disrespectful and selfish.

It's on YouTube. Now everybody knows his true colors.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Of course he apologized! I was waiting that. For some reason I don't really sense an apologetic tone...
Anyway, I don't really think this guy is informed or personally knows any Christians who are not on the fringes. We are not all the Westboro Baptist Church. I would never, ever tell my gay friend (and my best friend of over 9 years) that I "hate the sin, love the sinner." I love and accept him, and he loves and accepts me. I am not God, it is not my right to judge him, or anyone for that matter.

Dan Savage attacked the Christians and their Holy Bible because they are against

Gay marriage.

-------
Now that it's on YouTube he is in full - damage control - mode.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Dan Savage is disgusting. He's been working very hard for quite a long time at subverting normal human morality (he might even be a bit proud of that). It's easy for some open-minded type of people to fall for his nonsense, because he frames it with "acceptance" and "understanding". If anyone has read his column, which has been around far longer than this "anti-bullying" meme - then you know he is very into fetishizing everything and anything - he thinks that as long as someone's sexual fetish isn't inflicted on anyone who's unwilling (unless they're willfully unwilling, etc) then there's nothing wrong with it. Fetishization has been a huge help in our general devolution. Anything natural has been subverted and fetishized, and the unnatural reigns supreme.
It also offends me that this supposed "anti-bullying" effort is mainly about telling young male homosexuals that "it gets better". I'm a straight female who was bullied and harassed for being outside the mainstream, and I would have loved to hear from adults that "it gets better" when I was a young teen, however, I am not the target audience of this campaign. I do believe that gay teens deserve our love and assistance, as do gay adults, and straight adults, and anyone loving and honest - however it is VERY suspect when dishonest and amoral people are involved in such a "helpful" movement.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Gay marriage.
what the homosexuals do not realize why this upsets the community who invented the word marriage... well the definition is that it is between a male and a female.

that is what marriage is...

they simply need to call it something else and have it recognize as a legal tax status...

no one else seems to realize why this upsets the Christian community, including the christian community... other than myself.

makes sense to me... because love is love you know.

edit on 30-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl

I agree, I have stated the same thing on this topic, yet my words were repeatedly twisted by a couple posters, so now I am just frustrated and angry.
edit on 113030p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Guess he never looked into movements like The Christian Left.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It took a real dark, hostile turn

If you guys can't see this then I feel really sorry for the future of humanity.

One of the teachers attending the speech with his students told CNN’s Carol Costello on Monday that he was taken aback by the speech and that he supported the decision of some of his students to walk out of it.

“It took a real dark, hostile turn, certainly, as I saw it,” said Rick Tuttle, a teacher at Sutter Union High School in Southern California. “It became very hostile toward Christianity, to the point that many students did walk out, including some of my students.”
“They felt that they were attacked … a very pointed, direct attack on one particular group of students. It’s amazing that we go to an anti-bullying speech and one group of students is picked on in particular, with harsh, profane language.”

It became very hostile toward Christianity

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

I would never, ever tell my gay friend (and my best friend of over 9 years) that I "hate the sin, love the sinner." I love and accept him, and he loves and accepts me. I am not God, it is not my right to judge him, or anyone for that matter.

Some lady will probably say I'm twisting words, but this is what I read between the lines.

It seems to me that you are saying that although you don't judge your friend for being gay, god eventually will?

That's what it says to me, that god doesn't condone it and that your friend will be judged by him for being gay.

That's almost the same as directly judging him/her, imo.

edit on 30-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Holodomor

The kids walking out are kind of lame - they could at least stick around and hear what he has to say instead of following the herd. However, I stand by my statement that he's wrong, which I could only understand by reading his stuff for many years. He at least has read the bible, and has seen that it is nuanced - some is obviously helpful, like "love thy neighbor", some is confusing at best re: menstruation, shellfish, homosexuality, and many other issues. But he is erring just like someone does who accepts the bible at face value unthinkingly. There is even more nuance in the bible than he sees. The Catholic interpretation, which he likely learned, as he was raised Catholic, is, shall we say, SKEWED? Dan Savage is a hedonist like the rest of the elites.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

what the homosexuals do not realize why this upsets the community who invented the word marriage... well the definition is that it is between a male and a female.

I'm sure the concept of marriage is older than christianity.

You did not invent the concept.

And who cares who it will upset.

If they mind their own business like we all should regarding these things there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
It took a real dark, hostile turn

If you guys can't see this then I feel really sorry for the future of humanity.

One of the teachers attending the speech with his students told CNN’s Carol Costello on Monday that he was taken aback by the speech and that he supported the decision of some of his students to walk out of it.

“It took a real dark, hostile turn, certainly, as I saw it,” said Rick Tuttle, a teacher at Sutter Union High School in Southern California. “It became very hostile toward Christianity, to the point that many students did walk out, including some of my students.”
“They felt that they were attacked … a very pointed, direct attack on one particular group of students. It’s amazing that we go to an anti-bullying speech and one group of students is picked on in particular, with harsh, profane language.”

It became very hostile toward Christianity

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

Yes, we have all seen the YouTube video of the Dan Savage rant.

- A real dark - hostile turn = selfish & disrespectful -

Dr. Phil would have sent him running for the exit.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

If the man made a sincere apology i am sure they would,but he is just protecting his revenue stream now. If he gets to much exposure he will lose out on speaking engagements and more money. How about when he apologizes he actually does it in person to those people who walked out and says he is sorry. Then Id beleive he was sincere.

en.wikipedia.org...
HERE a Link to the History of Marriage. READ IT. STUDY IT LOVE IT Mind your own business indeed. Mayby SOMEONE should take their own advice but what do i know eh?

edit on 30-4-2012 by yuppa because: Saw stupid comment decided to educate instead of say something mean or against T&C

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

"I would like to apologize for describing that walk out as a pansy-assed move," he writes. "I wasn't calling the handful of students who left pansies (2,800+ students, most of them Christian, stayed and listened), just the walk-out itself

That's exactly what I've been saying.

And he's right, it was apancy ass reaction.

“It took a real dark, hostile turn, certainly, as I saw it,” said Rick Tuttle, a teacher at Sutter Union High School in Southern California. “It became very hostile toward Christianity, to the point that many students did walk out, including some of my students.” “They felt that they were attacked … a very pointed, direct attack on one particular group of students. It’s amazing that we go to an anti-bullying speech and one group of students is picked on in particular, with harsh, profane language.”

The only two potentially bad words I heard were,

BS, and pancy ass(about the reaction).

I am sure all the kids there hear these words every day in the hall.

It was not hostile towards christianity, it merely criticised the hypocrytical use of segments of the bible. Christians experience every bit of criticism as a direct attack on christianity. That's the problem.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

...No...That was not what I was implying. The only person I worry about God's judgement falling upon is me. All I was saying is that I, just like all humans, am not in a position to judge.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by RyanFromCan

If the man made a sincere apology i am sure they would,but he is just protecting his revenue stream now. If he gets to much exposure he will lose out on speaking engagements and more money. How about when he apologizes he actually does it in person to those people who walked out and says he is sorry. Then Id beleive he was sincere.

Is Dan Savage "sorry" about the rant or is Dan Savage "sorry" he got caught on YouTube?

We all know Dan Savage isn't sorry at all. Watch the video yourself.

He smeared the Holy Bible, cursed like a demon and enjoyed himself doing it.

There is no way to spin it any other way.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

You were talking about you not judging him for being gay, and that it was gods job.

I think you subconsciously did imply that, but that is my opinion off course.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

yawn... I am talking about the word "marriage" it would seem some can not get love off the mind without even using that word to define it!
I wonder why?

it makes no sense to me to use a Christian word to define what they want when it clearly goes against Christian values... even a neutral observer should be able to tell us that?

I mean why even used the "English" word for it... English is a Christian language by the way, it is very hard to get Jesus of your mind because you are to "speak" the Word of God... which has been written and which has now been done (because you speak and type in English)

do the aggressive gay marriage supporters not have enough of an education to realize this even?

why use the Christian definition of matrimony if it is clearly against their views? could it be because they can not think around it... because God and Jesus has been imprinted on everything they do and speak... or are they doing it on purpose? Personally I do not think it is the later... there is just no escape from Gods Son and his Word.

simply call it something "new" that's what english language does... it invents and creates (har har I said "Creates") new words.

get with the program people, and please remember... we have separation of Church and State in the united states... "we the people are to deliberate this on our own at the public level"

edit on 30-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join