It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

it's an english word and that is what you are speaking, not Greek nor Roman. English defines Marriage.

More hilarious back pedaling. you first said that christians owned the word marriage. I showed you that it is derived from a latin word, used by the Romans.

Your whole argument is beyond ridiculous, noone can claim ownership of a word, this is pathetic.

Are you saying that gays can get married, as long as they don't call it marriage? What's the point? So the whole problem is the word, and not the concept?

Ridiculous. And grasping at straws. Just say you hate gay people and that you feel that they are not worthy of marriage, cause it is obvious you feel that way. You are only arguing semantics cause you know it makes you look like the bigot you are.

you must have picked up an infection during your visit to Canada

I see you are taking this in the same vile direction you were last night towards the poster Ryan who is from Canada, which got the thread closed temporarily and your posts removed. In response, I did the same thing I did last night. I hope that this time more permanent action is taken towards you.

They might aswell close the whole thread anyway. It is clear who is who, and what is what by now, it's just pointless bickering now anyway.

edit on 30-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee

All Christians read the Bible selectively

Way to broadbrush 2.1 billion people in the world who practice Christianity. I wonder which scientific method he used to get this data.

In truth, 99.999%. When have you seen such a saint who would obey all those laws?

When did reading all of something become synonymous with obeying all of it? Anyway, telling 2.1 billion people they read the bible selectively is really a strawman argument, and irrelevant to the fact that his approach and his selective targeting of that group was not appreciated.
edit on 30-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

You said it to me last night and you know you did, or perhaps you forgot.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Are you against homosexuality and gay marriage or not?

Simple question. Yes or no?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Dan Savage attacked the Christians and their Holy Bible because they are against

Gay marriage.

-------
Now that it's on YouTube he is in full - damage control - mode.

Dan pointed out, as he has always been doing, the hypocrisy that some who try to pass themselves off as 'christians' show when the selectively pick and chose what parts of the Bible the follow, and pervert the bible as a tool for hate, bigotry and abuse.

Yes, Dan Savage, believe it or not, is a advocate for equal rights for gay people, so yes, as astounding as it me be to you, he is for gay marriage.

He is not in any damage control, this is just another video of him, if you can't watch his other videos and figure out presentation style, you might want to get your eyes, your ears, or the air between them checked.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Even Harry Hay, who was more radical than Savage at the time, thought that it was a sell-out to adhere to the societal norm. That is what much of this is about. An underlying current is to destroy the fabric of societal norms by pretending to adhere, but doing so in a radical way.
The Soviet ex-KGB Besmenov said there were sleepers whose mission is to do exactly this. It really matters not what the individual issues are. The net effect is to undermine the smooth functioning of society and cause so much distress as to require an outside force to come in and restore order.
I wonder if this is where Hollywood got the idea for Brokeback...

Hay spent summers growing up working on cattle ranches, where he was introduced to the tenets of Marxism through fellow ranch hands who were members of the Industrial Workers of the World ("Wobblies"). They taught him Marxist philosophy and gave him books and pamphlets written by Karl Marx.[11] He also learned about men having sex with other men,[2] through the stories of those same ranch hands, who told him of violent assaults on miners who attempted to touch men with whom they shared quarters.[12]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

You have described perfectly the tactic used by disciples of Saul Alinsky. Good work!

…the fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.

townhall.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question.

Are you against homosexuality and gay marriage or not? Simple question. Yes or no?

If you refuse to answer I know enough, and I was right.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

The Dan Savage performance was disrespectful and selfish.

It's on YouTube. Now everybody knows his true colors.

The attitude, bigotry and hate spewed by those masquerading as "christians" wile perverting the Holy Bible as a tool of hate and abuse, are disrespectful and selfish.

The are many videos of Dan on YouTube, his methods are well documented, as is the manufactured outrage by the close minded types, Dan Savages "true colors" are quite acceptable to the vast majority of "normal" people, pretty much too but those who pervert the bible as a tool of hate and abuse, and run around making a bad name of Christians by pretending to be one.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Even Harry Hay, . . .

Good old Harry Hay - - your "fallback" guy. How surprising.

Why don't you directly answer the question?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you against homosexuality and gay marriage or not? Simple question. Yes or no?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname

You didn't answer my question.

If you refuse to answer I know enough, and I was right.

I do not care what they do with each other as long as they don't try to indoctrinate innocent children in their quest for equality. That being said, this thread is about how he treated a group of Christians.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Even Harry Hay, . . .

Good old Harry Hay - - your "fallback" guy. How surprising.

Why don't you directly answer the question?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was busy looking up Harry Hay in wikipedia, that's why. You know how I feel about involving children in this. And you both are now trying to turn this into a different subject here, that is trying to catch people in homophobia. How surprising.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I do not care what they do with each other as long as they don't try to indoctrinate innocent children in their quest for equality. That being said, this thread is about how he treated a group of Christians.

You didn't answer the question.

There is no middle road.

Yes, or no?

Indoctrinating with what, the notion that all people are equal and have equal rights? Their quest for equality, so you feel they don't have a right to be equal? And are they making innocent children less innocent by doing so?

It is very clear what you are.

But again, yes, or no?

And you both are now trying to turn this into a different subject here, that is trying to catch people in homophobia. How surprising.

It is exactly the subject here. it is the problem in the first place. Homosexuality and fighting for equal rights isn't the problem.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Oh please, let's talk about people posing as Christians. Let's start with those anti-priests who were communists who deliberately joined the clergy for the express purpose of destroying it. I've already posted on that, so I'm sure you know which ones I am talking about.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Again, you are using this thread in an effort to paint people with your idea of who you think they are and what ideas you think they have. I have no obligation to fall into your trap.
What if you just go ahead and tell everyone you hate Christians and believe all Christians think alike? Isn't that where you are going with this? See how that works?

No middle road? Tell that to Buddhists.

The Middle Path in Buddhism does not mean having a biased view or superficial understanding only. The "Middle Path" represents a distinct theory and way of Buddhist practice that is not common to other religions. Buddhism is a religion with high moral values. It lays great emphasis on human thought and action in dealing with the natural environment, society or individual problems. It is concerned with the relationship between thoughts and behavior, and the relationship between behavior and its consequences.

By observing the activities of mankind in real life, the Buddha mastered the principles of human behavior. He then taught the two characteristics of the Middle Path: The Middle Path of Dependent Origination and the Noble Eightfold Path. The Law of Dependent Origination explains the process of human activity. The Noble Eightfold Path shows the way of practice that enables one to uplift oneself.
"The Tathagatha avoids the two extremes
and talks about the Middle Path.
What this is, that is; this arises, that arises.
Through ignorance volitional actions or karmic formations are conditioned.

Through birth, decay, death, lamentation, pain etc. are conditioned.
When this is not, that is not; this ceasing, that ceases.
hrough the complete cessation of ignorance, volitional activities or karmic formations cease.
Through the cessation of birth, death, decay, sorrow, etc. cease."

(Samyuktagama, Chapter 12)

www.buddhanet.net...

I don't have to cave to your black and white thinking on this or any issue, and I don't have to let you put me into any boxes of theological ideology.
You are now turning this into a witch hunt.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Again, you are using this thread in an effort to paint people with your idea of who you think they are and what ideas you think they have. I have no obligation to fall into your trap.

You can disprove me by giving me an answer.

If you feel it is a trap it must be because you know you get caught if you answer.

You said that I was wrong by saying what I said, prove me wrong.

What if you just go ahead and tell everyone you hate Christians and believe all Christians think alike?

Please ask me if I do and let me answer with yes or no.

Please do, I urge you to.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Oh please, let's talk about people posing as Christians. Let's start with those anti-priests who were communists who deliberately joined the clergy for the express purpose of destroying it. I've already posted on that, so I'm sure you know which ones I am talking about.

Hi Thi,
Wow, Is that post back here in the thread? I sure like to read that.
the best ljb

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

From a past discussion: posted on 6-2-2012.

Old Harry Hay is definitely not new to you. You've brought him into other thread discussions.

Like I said - - - he is your "backup" guy.

That's fine. RIght Wing or whatever, does that change the fact that Harry Hay was a Marxist and a member of CPUSA ? Does that change Kevin Jennings associations and those who influenced him? I am dedicated to showing that much of the radical activism comes out of communist subversive organizationso and activities. If you want, I can post wikipedia as a source for Harry Hay and communism.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Hi Thi,
Wow, Is that post back here in the thread? I sure like to read that.
the best ljb

Yes, it is somewhere along the way. Thanks for responding.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

OH!

The "Protect the Children" rant again.

Children respond to Love and Nurturing. They don't care if someone is attracted to same sex.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join