It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I was expecting the speaker to be intolerable after your description. On the contrary, he was displaying his dislike, unveiled, and honestly. It was too much for the haters to handle. But yeah, the hater disliker, is getting a little hateful.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

Excuse me? Spreading bigotry? You are barking up the wrong tree here. You may think you can "read between the lines" of people's postings, but you cannot prove what someone has not posted. Let's review what has happened. Savage ripped into the bible, some Christian students were offended by it, even some gay conservatives demanded an apology, which I also posted yesterday, and Savage made a feeble apology. Today it is all over YouTube, the Blaze, Breitbart, and numerous other blogs in the blogosphere.
oops last part meant for another one.

edit on 30-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

heh heh no thread involving Christian bashing would be complete without the sage advice of Annee.

There are many gay Christians.

There are many Christians that accept and support equal rights of homosexuals.

There are several denominations that now have homosexual clergy.

There are many churches that welcome ALL of God's children.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well - - - after listening to the video - - and reading several sites that are NOT Fox News - - and reading the comments.

You object to what?

I also agree as some suggested - - the walk out was pre-planned.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

It became very hostile toward Christianity

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

Oh! BOO! HOO!

Why don't you go read comments from a Gay Support Blog.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I know Annee. Last night you were MIA here and I missed you awfully.

When you go back through the many posts in the thread, please don't miss mine on the gay conservatives criticizing Savage's approach.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

yawn...

it's an english word and that is what you are speaking, not Greek nor Roman.

English defines Marriage.

Living on your knees, conformity
which is exactly what you are doing, conforming to your perceived status quo. Even though your perceived status quo is quite the minority... do a personal public poll.

Or dying on your feet for honesty
this is what I do... end of story, no discussion.

Blood will follow blood
mr savage drew first blood and his likeys in this topic.

Life aint for you and were the cure
Honest is my only excuse
Try to rob us it, but its no use
Steamroller action crushing all
Victim is your name and you shall fall

your words have no meaning here... If you refuse to live according to the Law, then have a good day.

...neeext

edit on 30-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yesterday, Dan Savage reacted to the conservative fury over his remarks at the JEA/NSPA National High School Journalism Convention

I didn't call anyone's religion bullsh*t. I did say that there is bullsh*t—"untrue words or ideas"—in the Bible. That is being spun as an attack on Christianity. Which is bullshhh… which is untrue. I was not attacking the faith in which I was raised. I was attacking the argument that gay people must be discriminated against—and anti-bullying programs that address anti-gay bullying should be blocked (or exceptions should be made for bullying "motivated by faith")—because it says right there in the Bible that being gay is wrong. Yet the same people who make that claim choose to ignore what the Bible has to say about a great deal else. I did not attack Christianity. I attacked hypocrisy. My remarks can only be read as an attack on all Christians if you believe that all Christians are hypocrites. Which I don't believe.

He adds: Screen_savage

...while those slamming me most loudly for "pansy-assed" may be on the right, they are also in the right. I see their point and, again, I apologize for describing the walk-out as "pansy-assed." But they are wrong when they claim that I "attacked Christianity." There are untrue things in the Bible—and the Koran and the Book of Mormon and every other "sacred" text—and you don't have to take my word for it: just look at all the biblical "shoulds," "shall nots," and "abominations" that religious conservatives already choose to ignore. They know that not everything in the Bible is true.

All Christians read the Bible selectively. Some read it hypocritically—and the hypocrites react very angrily when anyone has the nerve to point that out Read more: www.towleroad.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by SisyphusRide

It stems from a word in Latin,

Latin *maritaticum, from Latin maritatus, pp. of maritatre "to wed, marry, give in marriage".

You fail miserably again.

Yet another straw you are grasping has broken of.

The whole idea is ridiculous anyway, claiming ownership of a word. The arrogance. Just grow up and mind your own business.

very good we're learning... by latin you mean Roman Catholic correct?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Ryan, here is more on Salvation Army logo

The original logo contains the words "blood" and "fire", and I thought I would mention that there is both a mainstream meaning and a meaning referring to bloodlines of the Illuminati. When discussing blood in Christian terms, it usually means the "body and blood of Christ" which I am sure you know. When discussing secret societies, it can refer to the bloodlines of the 13 families of the Illuminati.

You can see that the Rothschilds are one of the 13 Illuminati bloodline families.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

...just to keep all this in the fun of conspiracy theories.

The term "fire" can relate to "the trial by fire", the fiery element in Chinese philosophy, the fiery salamanders of the elemental kingdom as related in the Theosophical Society and the Findhorn Garden, or the etheric plane in esoteric philosophy, or the fire of the holy spirit, the fire infolding itself.
alexismincolla.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

the Christian religion and faith is the largest theistic belief system on the planet... Islam follows right behind it and we all know what Islam and Muslims think about Gays and them trying to use Marriage as a word to define "sin" to us and them.

So you are equating christianity to islam,

in sheer numbers and Majorities yes I am, they are also the same theistic belief system called Monotheism which includes Judaism.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

All Christians read the Bible selectively

Way to broadbrush 2.1 billion people in the world who practice Christianity. I wonder which scientific method he used to get this data.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

No you are wrong again, by roman, I mean the Romans, well before christianity. It was already explained to you by antoher poster. You are not learning at all. Fail again.

link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

link   

reply to post by Annee

All Christians read the Bible selectively

Way to broadbrush 2.1 billion people in the world who practice Christianity. I wonder which scientific method he used to get this data.

In truth, 99.999%. When have you seen such a saint who would obey all those laws?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Excuse me? Spreading bigotry? You are barking up the wrong tree here. You may think you can "read between the lines" of people's postings, but you cannot prove what someone has not posted.

I can't and I didn't intend too, that's why I clearly said it was my opinion.

Savage ripped into the bible,

Once again, for the 100th time, he didn't, he adressed the hypocrisy in the use of certain segments of the bible.

Annee posted Savage's his reaction. Exactly what I've been saying.
edit on 30-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I know Annee. Last night you were MIA here and I missed you awfully.

When you go back through the many posts in the thread, please don't miss mine on the gay conservatives criticizing Savage's approach.

Gays are not a group think. They are individuals - - just like everyone else.

They share a sexual orientation for same sex. Beyond that they are as politically/religiously diverse as every other individual.

Equal rights and freedom of expression for homosexual rights - - - is not exclusive to gays.

Many straight individuals support freedom of expression and equal rights for all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do wonder about GOProud - - - sometimes

Ann Coulter Defends Big Government at Homocon

September 27, 2010 by Alexander McCobin

This weekend, I had the pleasure of attending Homocon 2010, an evening organized by GOProud with Ann Coulter as the featured guest.

GOProud is an organization that represents gay conservatives and their allies, and is the group that caused a stir by co-sponsoring CPAC this past spring. studentsforliberty.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Salute!

in fact the competition wields a broken sword, their own fear has mangled it... and besides what sword can they wield besides the one which was handed to them?

they can not forge a new sword either, or a language for that matter because all they have ever seen and known is the straight dbl edged weapon which was handed them.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Ahhh, I want to hang with this dude.
In my highschool, the Christian kids were the worst bullies.
I mean, they felt they had the word of god behind them, so
it was OK to beat the crap out of people who were different.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

No you are wrong again, by roman, I mean the Romans, well before christianity. It was already explained to you by antoher poster. You are not learning at all. Fail again.

thank you... is Roman English?

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join