It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Another man gets high on power. Some people can take it, some can't. This goes for speakers, and audiences. The man started preaching. Go get a clergy license, believe in whatever you want, print out your own doctrinal statement about what to believe in whatever book you want. Establish a foundation, a center, a house, for your cause. But the rants and manifestos in public, on camera, maybe that only works in a studio in front of no audience.

Somehow the young skinny blonde men who don't believe in Bible topics but insist about talking about the Bible, like they have something important to say, as though I haven't heard of it before, I want to press the button that opens the trap door under their feet.

The illusion he got that somehow when a person is in a chair in front of a speaker, their mind is turned off, or they have to hear whatever happens, or they have to be "nice", that's what fell in his speech that night. And the failure to source where it says it's "bad", how that relates in context, how that relates on a spiritual level, not a social, political, or moral level. He's fighting his demons, clearly. The voice in his head, coming from Bible places, is accusing his actions, and he's got a conflict of conscience. Hate speech, slobbering mad. Those aren't his kids; they are not for him to discipline.

Maybe he's bipolar.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
You don't have to get past the internet and what you can find and see with your own eyes and television to understand the collapse of good morals.It effects people with good morals because they learn to accept what use to be bad.It is also being pushed into society and sorta forced into cultures.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
Did he happen to mention that after jesus died on the cross that the Old testament rules were almost all rendered null?
Almost all? Which parts did you decide to keep? I'm guessing you'll be wanting the 10 precepts.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Thanks for proving my point. Intolerance after a little bit of well founded criticism and an honest observation.

Where did I say I am anti Christian? Just told it like I saw it. Were Christians not walking out after the first word of criticism because they would not tolerate it?

And anti American, where did you get that from?

This is funny, I just made an observation and you are already showing your intolerance and try to demonize me.

That's pathetic.

edit on 28-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

Good point. I'm not anti-Christian either, but I am anti-asshole, and if you're down on gay people for simply being gay, then you're an asshole, regardless of your religion. Regardless of the way the speaker spoke, what he said is absolutely true.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Originally posted by yuppa
Did he happen to mention that after jesus died on the cross that the Old testament rules were almost all rendered null?
Almost all? Which parts did you decide to keep? I'm guessing you'll be wanting the 10 precepts.

Originally posted by Jesus, Matthew 5:17
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

So was he lying?
edit on 28-4-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
The guy cannot even get through a few sentences without cursing and using the F-Word.
WHY?

George Carlin cursed like a sailor.

What's your point?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
the anti-Christian, pro-Gay agenda of hatred and intolerance

pic related:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Ah, The Law is funny

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
He knows it is wrong is my point in front of a big audience but continues to be arrogant and offend.I mean He has to know some people get offedned by it and take it as bullying.Then at the very end he apologizes because He knows He feels bad for getting angry.

Sorry to Seventhseal..forgot to qoute.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Can you give me your expert explanation as to why Paul tells the Corinthians to be our brother's keeper AND that every man shall bear his own burden in the same address? I can't wait to hear your answer.

I find it funny that you would ask someone this question in the hope that they will be wrong.

Do you honestly think ones interpretation of a verse in the bible can can be more correct than another's interpretation?

That is absurd.

All the Abrahamic religions and their denominations set themselves apart by different interpretation, and even people within the same denomination have different interpretations of dogma and scripture.

If I went into a christian theology class or seminary and was told by the professor/teacher of the "meaning" of Proverbs 3:5-6, what would qualify them to be the soul source of truthful interpretation of a thousands year old document? I could go down the street to another seminary and get a completely different explanation.

Reality is subjective, especially when it comes to ancient philosophy.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I feel sorry for the kids in possibly 2 ways. 1./ Subjected to his rant (a captive audience) and 2./ (This is only a possible) The idea that their parents or carers have been filling them with a dogma when there's a chance they weren't old enough to make their own informed opinion.

The second one is the REAL insidious one if it was actually happening. I guess it comes down to the actual age of the "teens" Yeah I know,,,,,, here come the "well what is the right age argument" Can't answer that, I reckon each individual has their own age, but in many cases I reckon teens is still too young

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Learn how to be a jackass and get paid for it!
The Dan Savage way - get your dvd today for $19.95 + S&H or burn a bible and get one free!

:
icks jaw up from floor::
Talk about an intolerant bigot, he takes the cake.
I wish I had been in the audience as I wouldn't have let him off so easily as those walking out.
He did show how to bully and his excuse for an apology rang so hollow it was ridiculous.

WHERE IS THE LOVE DAN? WHERE IS THE LOVE?

This guy is so full of it, how he had to "suffer" for his sexuality and tries to come off as some kind of "martyr".
And I'm sure those kids really care what your partner looks like in a Speedo.
Color me APPALLED.

Funded by our taxes is it?
edit on 28-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

Those are some angry words there. Where is your love for Dan? Where is your tolerance? Oh, you don't think he deserves it? Maybe like Dan doesn't think Christians deserve tolerance for using the Bible to justify their bigotry and homophobia?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've seen much worse. My former Baptist pastor threatened to cut off my head for being gay and even tried to convince my parents to have an exorcism and gay therapy against my will even as we have seen the results with gay teens killing themselves in our very own church having gone through such.

This dude could have been more tactful but, was generally telling the truth. If I have to live by Leviticus then everyone else should. If your children are mouthy stone them, If you wear mixed fabrics be stoned etc. etc... Don't be a hypocrite go by the word completely. Fine be offended that someone knows enough of your verses to throw them back. Your fundie kids are offended..boo hoo. The gay kids are dying.

If we must have a bible ordained marriage I want 30 wives and 60 concubines and to trade lawn tractors, goats, chickens, small cars, for women so me and the Eunuch can have many servants that can't complain a bit about zero pay or be stoned to death.

The Numbers 22 talking donkey so commands it. I'm personally offended that mega churches ride by tax free.

edit on 28/4/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Climax

Born into slavery is a reference to sin and the sinful nature of mankind.

I know what the word game is all about, and thats all it is, a game of words that trap the desperate and gullible in circles that sound like they contain hidden meanings, if only you could read it a hundred more times... Theres nothing there, there is no Sin, there is nature and causality.

Is our nature sinful? That can be argued, since if it is our nature then how can we be expected to go against it? Didnt a perfect God create us in their image? (Whoever the heck "They" are. Not my words, the bible says in Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness") Yet its our fault, we are the ones who have sin on us before we have done anything. F'n rediculous!

When a tiger kills for food is it commiting sin or is it acting out its nature, and is this a moraly good or bad thing?
The Tiger was created this way, by no fault of his own, he isnt judged "sinful", we understand that is his nature.

Only those raised from birth, believing in original sin, are slaves to it from birth.

Jobeycool -
"No such thing as total freedom and everyone is bound to something and God requires the same thing as governments or dictators or leaders or Kings.No different than judges and coaches of sports teams.Use common sense please"

Did someone trick you into believing its a common thing for everyone to require something of you?
The only thing we are bound to are the laws of nature. Food and water, thats all you need isnt it? The King doesnt cause a babies first breath. The governent and its leaders werent there from the begining, when man walked the earth and lived where he pleased and ate what he could put his hands on. You have enslaved yourselves and those around you with a game of words.
More, you (christians) have taken the bait and are now in check. This topic Dan Savage spoke of for 3 minutes is larger than he is, it could have come from any voice, it should have come from within christianity itself, but its out there now, and it will be circulated, and by tomorrow a billion more people will have heard about it. I bet Dan is pretty happy with himself. Christianity probably fell for a deliberatly set trap, meant to bring out all the angry bad examples of the faith, making easy ugly looking targets that most dencent civilized people will see as the majority of a belief system that has a rotted core.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Kayla my luv, why the anger? Truly everyone deserves to be treated with respect and civility, no?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Kayla my luv, why the anger? Truly everyone deserves to be treated with respect and civility, no?

Not to get into an argument with you, but I have read Kaylaluv (and almost every other person's post on here) and she hasn't seemed hateful or rude at any point. Just not sure what she said to warrant that comment?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Climax

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and I respect your right to have one. Have a lovely day.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

I'm empathic and just detected a bit of anger in her response. Anger can be an unhealthy emotion. I re-read what she said and she was not out of line. Sorry if I offended.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

No offense taken on my part. (And somehow, though I don't know her, I feel user Kaylaluv probably wasn't offended either) It just didn't make much sense to me, as I felt she had been promoting civility and love for one another through most of her posts.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by kaylaluv

Why, whatever do you mean? I haven't used any curse words. I haven't called anyone a Jackass. I haven't used any glowing red angry emoticon.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join