It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Climax

I didn't make that argument, but thanks for attempting to put words in my mouth. Would I have liked to see him demonstrate more civility in his speech, yes I would. Is he an extremest in his views? I don't know, it does not appear so from this speech. I would need to spend more time researching his views to decide if he is a voice for civility.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have NEVER even seen gay bashing in my WHOLE life by self professed Christians!
I've never seen someone verbally or physically abused for being gay! NOT ONE!
Nor would I sit idly by if this was going on!
I've attended at least 30+ churches and youth programs in my short Christian experience and aside from one incident with a leader who seemed to be getting too "touchy" with a student (which I IMMEDIATELY reported in tears to the Pastor.) I have never seen abuse of a person because he was gay by Christians
All this stuff must happen outside southern churches, no I don't think so. The Bible says to love your neighbor and do good....

and furthermore, if I believe the Bible (which I completely do) I have full religious rights to do that and not be abused, nor my children in high school.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Clearskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This stuff goes on all over the internet with people just like this guy bullying christians and making fun of them and pretending like they don't do it.
These people must have some kind of rebellion towards parents who where to strict with christian principals or something or bad christians because I never witness the christians I know do any of this crap.This guy sounds like He is just angry.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

All RIGHT all right already
Which Genesis are we talking about here??
I think the biblical one, Oh yeah those women stoneng Christians.
What a LOAD of Ark poop

Phil Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Collins - Similarto Phil Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1996, Collins formed the Phil Collins Big Band. With Collins as drummer, the band performed jazz renditions of various Collins and Genesis hits. The Phil ...

Judaism and sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism_and_sexual_orientation

Judaism and sexual orientation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
"LGBT topics and Judaism" redirects here. For transgender topics in Judaism, see Transgenderism and religion#Judaism.
The subject of homosexuality in Judaism dates back to the Torah, in the books of Bere# and Vayiqra. Bere# (Genesis) treats the destruction of the cities of Sedom and Amorrah by God. Vayiqra (Leviticus) forbids sexual intercourse between males, classifying it as a to'eivah (something abhorred or detested) that can be subject to capital punishment under Jewish law, although Halakhic courts are not authorized to administer capital punishment in the absence of a Temple in Jerusalem and the entire judicial system as mandated by Jewish Law.

The issue has been a subject of contention within modern Jewish denominations and has led to debate and division. Traditionally, Judaism has understood homosexual intercourse as contrary to Judaism, and this opinion is still maintained by Orthodox Judaism. On the other hand, Reconstructionist Judaism and Reform Judaism do not hold this view and allow homosexual intercourse. Conservative Judaism's Committee on Jewish Law and Standards, which until December 2006 held the same position as Orthodoxy, recently issued multiple opinions under its philosophy of pluralism, with one opinion continuing to follow the Orthodox position and another opinion substantially liberalizing its view of homosexual sex and relationships while continuing to regard certain sexual acts as prohibited.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The guy cannot even get through a few sentences without cursing and using the F-Word.
WHY?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
How very small minded of him, sounds a lot like bullying to me, total hypocrisy and spiritual blindness, terribly misguided agenda.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This guy is a hero, I'm so sick of people only listening to one section of the Bible and not another. He didn't "Bully" A single person, he read them passage from their own Bible. If their Bible makes them feel that way, maybe they should get rid of the piece of trash. All you people acting like he was bullying Christians and saying the government is trying to get rid of religion are so ignorant. I'm so sick of religion these days, how can you only teach one part of the Bible, but not the other? That's all he is saying. If you think that's bullying you are a sad person. This man said it so perfect and the little christens couldn't handle hearing that their Bible has passages that they are afraid to hear.

We should be giving this guy praise!, but instead most of you are bashing him?

Sad. This man is now a hero.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Zmboop because: Grammar.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
As a Christian, it is difficult to hear this attack against my faith from someone who has zero understanding of anything he cited - no less from someone that has his OWN moral code to enforce on society. He speaks of slavery, yet has no understanding that God makes it perfectly clearly that the entire world is already in slavery.

Show me where in the real world god has made it perfectly clear that everyone is born into slavery.

How can you actualy believe that its perfectly clear that god has made this so? Your god sucks, and so does anyone who self imposes slavery on them and their childeren to come.

So, it is perfectly clear that you have been tricked into serving the agenda of greedy MEN who want you to be enslaved.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

First off Christians are human too. I am totally sure some of them are gay as well.
You seem to speak from a limited perspective. I won't even try to go there.
Now since you have brought up civil rights and deferred to the RACIAL dependency of this topic.
I then would surmise that you can produce evidence that there has never been a black person that had issues with gay rights???? And more over a black Christian??

Did I say that all Christians were homophobic? I believe I said previously that there are true Christians who follow the teachings of Jesus, therefore they want homosexuals to be treated with dignity, respect and total equality. Did I say all homophobics were white? I was using the civil rights movement as an example of getting in the faces of those who promoted racism - of how it was necessary to get in their faces and make them uncomfortable. I think we need to do the same thing in fighting for equality, dignity and respect for the gay population.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zmboop
This guy is a hero , I'm so sick of people only listening to one section of the bible and not another. He didn't "Bully" A single person, he read them passage from their own bible. If their bible makes them feel that way, maybe they should get rid of the piece of trash. All you people acting like he was bullying Christians and saying the government is trying to get rid of religion are so ignorant. I'm so sick of religion these days, how can you only teach one part of the bible but not the other? That's all he is saying. If you think that's bullying you are a sad person. This guy hit the it so perfect and they little christens couldn't handle hearing that their bible has passages in it that they are afraid of.

We should be giving this guy priase!, but instead most of you are bashing him?

Sad. This man is now a hero.
UHH maybe you should tell Him to open up the new testament of the bible which says to Love your enemies.Instead He just picks out what scripture in the bible that most people admit is contraversial and violence in the old testament.I cannot understand why anyone picks and chooses bible scripture to suit them.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Climax

Born into slavery is a reference to sin and the sinful nature of mankind.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Climax

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
As a Christian, it is difficult to hear this attack against my faith from someone who has zero understanding of anything he cited - no less from someone that has his OWN moral code to enforce on society. He speaks of slavery, yet has no understanding that God makes it perfectly clearly that the entire world is already in slavery.

Show me where in the real world god has made it perfectly clear that everyone is born into slavery.

How can you actualy believe that its perfectly clear that god has made this so? Your god sucks, and so does anyone who self imposes slavery on them and their childeren to come.

So, it is perfectly clear that you have been tricked into serving the agenda of greedy MEN who want you to be enslaved.
No such thing as total freedom and everyone is bound to something and God requires the same thing as governments or dictators or leaders or Kings.No different than judges and coaches of sports teams.Use common sense please..Jesus warns all of this stuff is gonna happen as well.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JobeycoolI cannot understand why anyone picks and chooses bible scripture to suit them.

Because that's the only way you can do it without contradiction or finding something completely vulgar.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

How about using civility instead? How about treating other people in the manner in which you would like to be treated?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by kaylaluv

How about using civility instead? How about treating other people in the manner in which you would like to be treated?

Has it worked much in the past?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Also here is another thing.Do not make America or its laws the image of God.
The U.S. fore fathers where all christians or deist, but whatever.Everything is suppose to happen for a reason and morals will only go down hill and culture will only become more corrupt.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Christian faith than the average "christian" especially the "right wing flavour".

So you think that "left wing" Christians have a better understanding of scripture than "right wing" conservatives? That is real interesting. I'd love for you to post the scientific study that came from. And do you consider yourself a "left wing" type Christian who knows scripture better than others?
Let's try an experiment. Can you give me your expert explanation as to why Paul tells the Corinthians to be our brother's keeper AND that every man shall bear his own burden in the same address? I can't wait to hear your answer.
edit on 28-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

Doing so in this thread would be both off topic, and a derailment of this thread, if you care so much as to start a separate thread in the religious forums, I would consider it.

Now, back to the topic.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

First, inviting Dan Savage who writes" Savage Love"??? I've read it a few times. Were the people expecting cream and peaches? I think not.

So in the video he used the word B***s*** a few times. Wha? People walked out over this? I don't think so.
Knowing Savage's history of what many consider coarseness, though I found little in this video, I find it much more likely that this was a planned protest. They all got up at once and left. Usually if someone is offended by a public speaker, they get up and leave slowly, not all in a bunch and all at once. But for those who want proof of innocent Christian bashing, I guess here it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

It always works for me and I am sad that you had to ask that question.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I agree, it was likely staged, nobody can tell me that they didn't know that a gay rights and anti-bullying activist was not going to bring up the fact that many who try to pass themselves off as Christians use the Bible, specifically Leviticus, as a justification to abuse and bully other people. If they actually didn't realize it would come up, they would have to be terribly ignorant about their own faith, or just plain stupid. This is also why just mere seconds after the mention of the bible, they were walking out in manufactured outrage, with those smiles on their faces and laughing with their friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join