It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens Exist, Why Wouldn't They Contact Us? Here's an Answer.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

This might seem a little odd to some. But imagine an animal that is about to be eaten. You want to help the animal without taking it out of it's environment. So you put it in a cage or some container in that environment as to wait for the predator to leave. Though you just done this animal a great service. The creature will simply want out of that cage in a hurry not even realising the predator is right outside the door waiting for it's meal. I read in another thread somone thought we were being qurantined. What if we are being kept on earth by a galactic federation as to not get eaten. Because of our primitive views like not being able to accept people for skin colors and beliefs. We are being protected from starting interstellar wars because of our primitive minds.

Could definitely be the case, I suppose. That'd probably take an awful lot of resources just for them to make sure nature didn't take it's course, though.

Also, I don't know if "war" would be the correct term. If a being is interstellar-travel-capable, then it would certainly be annihilation if there was an attack. Doing anything but commiting suicide would be impossible, and who's to say we wouldn't be prevented from that?

(i.e., past UFO encounters have disabled and even activated our missle-defense systems. It's widely known, and easy to google.)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
There is a lot more going on here than what some would believe. No we are not all monkeys, with nothing better to do than to whack it or finding a better way to whack it.
Some people on Earth are intelligent, and are here seeking a greater good for all, not just a better way to whack it or someone better to whack-it on.
Many of the people on Earth, it is time to really wake- up because most know nothing except the Earthly material things which mean little. The lives of which are selfish and dull.
Their are people who are striving to become better people to make the world better for those who are still lost and to rise above this place, nothing about greed or having something someone else does not,
People have become to acclimatized to existence, being born into it everything seems so normal. You are born gorw and the magic somehow dies or so you think it does.

I who knows nothing knows much more than most, a big surprise is coming, the time is not yet here but it's close.
The question might be what their not contacting you? oh, OK

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Well thought out post starred it. Yes when the chips seem down and everything seems lost into bitterness, that's when we sometimes realise that their is hope. Sometimes we need the chips to be stacked against because thats when we are meant to shine. That's when we say enough is enough and we awaken to our true potentials. Ever notice the hero needs a catastrophe to awaken?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
reply to post by smithjustinb

Well if they're here, they haven't.

According to what I believe they have. I'm somewhat of an ancient astronaut believer. Some people see angels and demons in the Bible. I see aliens.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
They wont stop for long because our military will bkast at em,,then the news will say the aliens started it

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
They wouldn't contact us because it would interfere with their scientific study of life on Earth. I think it is that simple.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by srbouska

I'd happily hover above, abduct and examine

You know I think some of the aliens are sex fiends or just kinky.

I'm sure you've heard stories about the probing. Why would they need to check your anus? Honestly I think I'm going to carry a jar of lubricant in my pocket just in case.

Lube in your pocket????

Who is the kinky one?????

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
If they could contact us they would. But unfortunately most civilized beings likely live thousands of light years away which would require some unforeseen technology to bypass this barrier. Likely, this technology must be built and discovered here and anywhere else you would like to make contact before contact can be made. To be able to physically travel faster than light may be impossible without having to enter and exit alternate dimensions. Undoubtedly the risk of this technology has or will possibly wipe some life forms out of existence if anything fails.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Dynamike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

Obviously there is a protocol for engagement. They have been non-interventists throughout, and I would assume common sense here.

1. We have yet to start using a renewable or zero-point energy source for the majority.
2. Generally, the world governments act like an angry 10 year old bent on domination and consumption.

If you were an advanced civ, what would YOU do? Stay the heck away from humanity. They only show up for experiments or observation of our genes imo.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Would you want to contact a race that screws each other over at every opportunity, has no morals, murders, rapes, steals...... I could go on and on but you get the general idea.

We are a RISK, eventually we would go out into the universe and do the same to any other race we met... it’s in our nature I’m afraid.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Many good theories as to why an ET race hasn't contacted us. I agree with many of them including the fact that human beings are disgusting creatures. We fight over the most asinine bullpoo, we destroy our environment without remorse, and as another poster put it, we're still stuck in the Bronze Age mentality of invisible zombie men from the sky.

If I ever get abducted (and I hope I do) I'm going to ask to stay with them so I can learn about the galaxy on my own terms. I want off this rock as soon as possible. Unless something drastic happens, humanity is already dead in the water.

The chips are highly stacked against us, and being a poker player, I know when to hold them and when to fold them.

-TS
edit on 27-4-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

There are a high number of reported cases where the occupants of flying crafts tried to establish communication with earthly beings. There are even more number of cases that went unreported. It is very easy to assume that these creatures are from outer space but there is a lot more to it.

When I began to spend my time reading about UFOs and aliens I got the exact notion that they are from outer space. I was wrong and I ended up reading some great books by Jacques Vallee. There are a few threads about Vallee and his work on UFOs and take a look at those. It doesn't make any sense to just see them perform repetitive maneuvers time after time for centuries yet have no conclusive proof of them being inter- planetary or inter-galactic in origin.

Vallee's books are amazing and will change the way we approach this phenomenon. And its highly surprising and frustrating that his works are going unnoticed or over looked even today.

edit on 27-4-2012 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2012 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think they would find it irresponsible to interfere with a thriving planet. I believe they will do everything any scientist would do if we had the technology to travel to other inhabitable planets. observe, take samples, study and/or experiment on an unlucky lab rat (abductee).

Maybe when we are ready to leave this planet they will introduce them selves. Maybe when we do they will give harsh warnings of the laws of space, extreme laws that prevent the tainting of young thriving planets. Maybe space is worse than any police state anyone of us could comprehend??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I agree. Why interfere with a race that hasn't even sent people past its own moon let alone seperate star systems or galaxies. If aliens are watching they may even be purposely let us see glimpses of their crafts to see how we ass a species would react, contrary to my first idea.

But one thing that intrigues me is how we may have had early settlements on earth prior to the chixiclub (damn its complex spelling) meteor, I've always wondered if the aliens that may or may not be gazing upon us are prior inhabitants of our planet and they are now watching over our use of the planet

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There is a big difference though between not contacting and actively hiding. The monkeys clearly know that we are here. We are not trying to hide from them. If aliens are here they go to great lengths to be sure that clear proof does not get out about that fact. You have to consider that fact in your theory.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It is safe also to say that it is a GOOD thing that we have not been able to overcome the science needed for deep space travel. Otherwise we would have already picked a fight with some other planet and got our arse handed to us. LOL we are still infighting over oil and rolling across the ground on rubber.

Our overall self-image has to change as a race before we are remotely ready to meet other beings. Let’s hope it doesn’t happen in our lifetime.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My theory is the following:

Earth - approximately 4.5 billion years old.

Humans - been around for about 100,000 years, give or take, if you accept the current historical record (which I don't).

100,000 out of 4.5 billion - is about 0.00022 percent of the time Earth has been here, that there has been human life on the planet.

If we can assume that alien planets evolve with the same sort of timeframes, it would be amazing to me that aliens civilizations would exist in the same .00022 percent of their planets' existence as it does on Earth.

I have a VERY open mind when it comes to Alien contact, as there are literally billions of planets out there.

However, billions of planets, with a miniscule chance of intelligent life occurring within the same timeframe as it does here, with billions of other planets to look at, even within our own galaxy.

What makes us so special that aliens would even show an interest enough to come billions of miles to check us out?

To me, this is just egotistical to think that we matter that much in the big scheme of things
edit on 27-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

To add to this.

Out of the last 100,000 years of human kind, we've had the ability to destroy ourselves for about the last 60.

Do you think it would be possible that most of the big civilizations blew themselves to bits before getting off-world?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yeah i always assumed that alien see us like ants and will ignore up untill we become pests and they've had enough and decide to pour boiling water over us, and they will think nothing off it..

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You non-humanists are sickening.

Humans are the best thing on this planet right now. That's why we can do what we do.

You think aliens wouldn't visit us because we're "all bad"?

We're not all bad. I'm not anyway. They can come and visit me, at least.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join