It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens Exist, Why Wouldn't They Contact Us? Here's an Answer.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thats exactly what I think. What purpose would ETs that are capable of much more than just interstellar flight have in communicating with the idiots on earth. You know how many forms of life on earth kill each other to survive? Humans are no different. Human rights is a big hypocritical joke used to control the masses.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorsebeacon
Thats exactly what I think. What purpose would ETs that are capable of much more than just interstellar flight have in communicating with the idiots on earth. You know how many forms of life on earth kill each other to survive? Humans are no different. Human rights is a big hypocritical joke used to control the masses.

We're not idiots, moran. (that's a joke).

Humans are the absolute most intelligent species ever known. Fact. We are the only species capable of space flight.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

the prime directive

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think they have to produce the paper/digital works first before mass interactions..

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

sorry to burst your bubble but thousand if not more people on earth said they have been contacted by aliens, yes they have no physical proof because i doubt that if you were an alien you would like that some low life human rip off your ear or eye as proof to show other low life humans that alien exist. some even have witness. but no one but a handful of people believe them.like william cowper said "The absence of proof is not proof of absence."

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Honestly, i don't think that technological advances of the race defines the rate of interest.

Sure it may affect but not define.

What if life itself as we perceive it, is "really" a advanced simulation of some sort?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The moment we start taking responsibility for our actions as individuals and as united community, maybe then will they appear before us. And also being open minded....hahaha!
edit on 27-4-2012 by Luckyxfactor because:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

It always amazes me that people wonder why aliens don't land on the White House lawn.

Are you SERIOUS? Aren't the reasons so blatantly obvious that they need not even be asked?

If I were an alien, and I were looking down at this planet and trying to understand it----I would fly the other way so fast, all you could see were my dust marks.

We are a bunch of uneducated simpletons with no idea of what Universal Truth really is. We are in kindergarten. We kill eachother. We starve eachother. We let babies die for lack of food and turn the other way. We have wars. We have a nut brained crazy cabal trying to take over the world. We have serial murderers and pedophiles.

They must look at earth and think they are seeing hell.

Who would want to stop here for a visit? Seriously?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

Originally posted by Legion2024
I believe that the reason would be the fact of how savage we are as a race.

Yes. Just like we see monkeys as savage.
edit on 26-4-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

Aliens are more disappointed with our misuse of limited resources and premature destruction of the planet for frivolous things instead of investment into an infrastructure that would further the scientific and technological development of the species as a whole in order to ensure survival beyond our planet. They do not care about how we treat one another, or our spirituality. They focus more on the efficiency of advancement as the sole measure of the survivability of a species into the universe as an indicator of their overall intelligence.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think a more likely answer, if aliens exist at all, is that the universe is unfathomably huge and we are a tiny, teensy, tiny little speck in it. And if, as many people believe, there are millions of intelligent civilizations out there in the cosmos, our relative value shrinks to essentially nothing.

We like to think that as individuals or a species or planet that we're all that and a bag of chips. That we're important, whether for our wonderful achievements, our grace in the sight of "God," or if nothing else for our aggression and verve.

But the truth is we're nothing much more than a thin, fleeting film of scum on an insignificant little rock in space.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
We are a bunch of uneducated simpletons with no idea of what Universal Truth really is. We are in kindergarten. We kill eachother. We starve eachother. We let babies die for lack of food and turn the other way. We have wars. We have a nut brained crazy cabal trying to take over the world. We have serial murderers and pedophiles.

Until we meet up with them, I wouldn't give aliens any more credit for being wonderful and peaceful and spiritually enlightened. We evolved this way because life is damned hard and we have limited ways of surviving. Nearly all of our behaviors, whether "good" or "bad," can be chalked up to the need to survive. There's no saying that interstellar space is any more friendly. If it's an extension of the natural order on Earth, then it's eat or be eaten on a galactic scale, and anything surviving long enough to develop long distance space flight is likely to be a vicious bad ass like you never met before. It's a lot more likely that we're just piss ant punks to anything zipping around out there, and we're essentially ignored because we're uninteresting and in no way a threat.

We give ourselves way too much credit for both our good and our evil.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Human's are 99% identical to chimp's geneticly speaking,that 1% is give's us speech,art,music,love,hate,spaceship's and everything else we are capable of that chimp's are not,now imagine a species that is 1 or 2% different to us in the other direction,we would be mere chimp's to them.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I think a more likely answer, if aliens exist at all, is that the universe is unfathomably huge and we are a tiny, teensy, tiny little speck in it. And if, as many people believe, there are millions of intelligent civilizations out there in the cosmos, our relative value shrinks to essentially nothing.

Just hypothetically speaking here, but please consider this:

What if our world was like a light on a Christmas Tree that's hooked up in series with the other lights. If you pull one light out, the whole tree goes dark.

If everything is connected, and the Law of One is true, then what happens here has an impact everywhere else, because this is a free-will planet, which means it is directly involved in the evolution of the Galaxy.

If that were not true, there would be no reason for it to have an Akashic Record, that psychics read from.

If we look more deeply into human consciousness and the impact it has on "reality", then it would appear that we are much more than a film of scum in some insignificant corner of the Universe. If that's true, then everyone may as well do whatever they wish and just live for themselves because we are truly screwed.

Perhaps the "God-spark" was given to humanity so it can evolve to a point where it can finally defeat the Dark Cabal that has enslaved it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am reminded of the expression from some ufo show, "Do we talk to the squirrels playing in our backyards?"
As other have mentioned our cosmic significance may just be in our own minds.

spec

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Would you really wish to befriend a creature that kills and enslaves its own brothers and sisters and turns its own habitat into a pollution filled wasteland and all for greed - I think any race that is capable of ethnic cleansing and genocide needs to be left well alone and even isolated away from other more advanced and intelligent races - for thier own safety's sake.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Alien's wouldn't contact us because they have seen how terrible our species is. So much fighting, greed, and stupidity. They are probably just waiting for us to finish ouself off and then they will swoop in and take our resources

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
This question gets asked time and time again on ATS - and I want to share my 2 cents.

Personally, I think we're probably just too technologically simple for a race with interstellar travel capabilities to care about.

This is another one of those "god's children" cases, in which we feel a sense of entitlement because we're the most "intelligent" creatures on the planet - and in many cases, assume that makes us incredibly special.

It's basically like a monkey who just learned to not throw his own crap, and to throw mud instead, asking why humans won't come talk to it and give it free stuff.

It too, speculates whether humans are benevolent or malevolent. The answer? Statically, neither. Humans are just being humans, and have no reason to communicate with a monkey, even if it is a smart monkey.

And if they DO want something from the monkey, they'll research the monkey with or without its condolence, and not walk into the middle of it's monkey-community and say "bring me to your leader, monkey."

eh.. yeah well given the in-finiteness of the cosmos.. surely there's SOME races out there that are on our "imperfect" level ... with interstellar travel or possibly a method of travel that doesn't require moving from A to B.. but rather A to A via wormholes...

i'm not all into the whole "gosh aren't we humans GREAT" idea.. yea because we have our obvious faults...
but i roll my eyes when i see people slamming humanity as a whole as monkey poo tossers...

sure look on reality TV and you'll see that... watch our military skirmishes and sick news stories... but in MY experience in life.. those types of experiences are far and few between.. i tend to surround myself with people I respect and admire in their behavior...

and you think an intelligent race vastly superior to ours in intellect and spiritual maturity WOULDN'T look for these types that are contrary to the "norm" ...

there's more to humanity than what's on the TV and interweb.....

there's lots of REALLY cool and humble and loving and talented amazing people out there that ET's should be HONORED to get to know. TYVM...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If aliens really think like that about us (too small to even be given attention) then I'd say we are being disrespected. And as such we should treat them in a disrespectful manner if we were ever to make contact with them.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
And all these comments about us being inferior to them make me sick. Your complex of inferiority personally disgusts me on the deepest level.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

If aliens really think like that about us (too small to even be given attention) then I'd say we are being disrespected. And as such we should treat them in a disrespectful manner if we were ever to make contact with them.

Maybe we should give them the cosmic diss defensive "hand."

edit on 27-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join