It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got the GUTS!? Great Pay! Inquire within!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If you have 10 years experience in law enforcement, are in excellent health and know how to drive a stick shift vehicle, Uncle Sam may have a job for you. In Iraq.

CLICK !

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I remember a term keyed in a past conflict, I believe it was called "Americanization".

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Just joined the Black Watch...getting to do a lot of great things and can't wait to go to Belize in August!

USP, are you talking about a Military Police Job?

Sorry, my computer doesn't like the link!

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenStar
USP, are you talking about a Military Police Job?

The state dept is looking for a few STUPID folks to go there and help out.

It's at FOXnews.com

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Okay..first of all let me pick myself off the ground and stop laughing!

Okay..isn't that a little on the weird side?

I know that there is American Policemen over there as reservists, can't they use them or are they pulling them off active service?

Good idea though..though kinda strange!

Ah well, maybe the State Dep might just get a few calls!

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
10 years of police work. Most people with 10 years of police action have a good job. The one's who don't have jobs are the people who have no experience. Personally I think the State Department could do better. They are looking for regular policemen to patrol a not so regular area. What do policemen in America know about the way Iraqis live???? Do they know how to respect the culture out there???? Do they know what to expect from the people????

I don't think they do. The sad thing is that the State Department doesn't want to train these men so they can save themselves time and money. I think that there are many projects that the State Department has lost touch with and distanced from the civilian core. The State Department needs massive reform. I wish that they would get with the program.

[Edited on 18-4-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It is only fair, decent and gentlemanly that the US should be sending cops, as all the details so far available concerning reconstruction suggest that an ample supply of robbers has been ensured.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
yeah, but, um, sharia forbids you to be a robber

Anyway, sounds a bit like the Seabees in WWII. (my dad was one in 'nam)

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You don't understand. What good would a national police force do? Well, keep unapproved dictators from taking over the country again, while enforcing the laws of whatever government were put into place.

This is a political move, and they are calling for grunts.

new topics

top topics

join