It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Effective Lie Ever Told. The Satanic Agenda Revealed. Urgent Message to All.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by notquiteright
reply to post by smithjustinb

If Eve knew no difference between good and evil, then how could she be held accountable for trusting Satan? Makes no sense. Fables and fairy tales.

Fables and fairy tales with a real message. (like most fables and fairy tales.)

In the book, God "said" don't eat it, but she did. It wasn't that she trusted Satan, it was and continues to be that she didn't trust God. Henceforth, judgement. That's what we are accountable for. It's not a punishment. All is one and creation and creator are that. To not trust our creator (circumstances leading to life) is to not trust ourselves. That is what is damaging here, and that is where the mental turmoil is.

Still, god may have said don't eat it, but she does not know right from wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

If Eve knew no difference between good and evil, then how could she be held accountable for trusting Satan? Makes no sense. Fables and fairy tales.

Fables and fairy tales with a real message. (like most fables and fairy tales.)

In the book, God "said" don't eat it, but she did. It wasn't that she trusted Satan, it was and continues to be that she didn't trust God. Henceforth, judgement. That's what we are accountable for. It's not a punishment. All is one and creation and creator are that. To not trust our creator (circumstances leading to life) is to not trust ourselves. That is what is damaging here, and that is where the mental turmoil is.

Still, god may have said don't eat it, but she does not know right from wrong.

It's not like God literally said, "Don't eat the "fruit"." The more likely story is that the circumstances leading up to our emergence made us prone to judgement which ultimately is a kind of rebellion against and dissatisfaction of what we are. When you rebel against what you are, you lose every time. We are accountable for our opinions of ourselves.

We've been hard-wired from the beginning to be judgemental, but we don't have to be. It's okay to not be. It's also okay to be. But being judgemental and not being judgemental is the difference between lasting peace and an immensely more qualitative experience of the glory of this place.
edit on 26-4-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

The tree was not important about the story but the act of defying God while actually seeing him and knowing, and having a direct command was important. Shaitan (satan) is a deceiver, so we must turn our ears away.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

Its not about knowing which is good or bad it is about following a one and only command.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral

The tree was not important about the story but the act of defying God while actually seeing him and knowing, and having a direct command was important. Shaitan (satan) is a deceiver, so we must turn our ears away.

God isn't some daddy in the sky giving us a rule book to follow. The only rules God ever created are the laws of physics. There was no literal tree of knowledge of good and evil. There were only hard-wired human mental tendencies prone to judgement. God does not speak. God does not judge. God does not restrict free will in any way. God only expressess itself through its creation. The true definition of Creator. God is the creator of life forms, not the dogmatic invisible daddy in the sky. I mean lets be real with ourselves here.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Dogs know about God. Cats know about God.
yet im the fool..are you f'in serious..you bible thumpers are the most close-minded, one way thinking, hateful, bigoted people on the planet...and i'm the fool
edit on 26-4-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh

Dogs know about God. Cats know about God.
yet im the fool..are f'in serious..you bible thumpers are the most close-minded, one way thinking, hateful, bigoted people on the planet...and i'm the fool

I'm not a bible thumper. I already told you I'm not even a Christian. You're the only one here I see being one-way thinking. And yes, animals do know God. You don't have to be intellectual to know God. You don't have to be a human to know God. The way to know God is to live, let live, accept all, and judge none. As you can see, most animals generally do these things very well. You're not above them like you think you are. Intelligence is defined relatively. Animals do very well with what they have. They are very intelligent imo.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BioSafe

Got it.

I like your premise. In this case I am going to GUT MY BOSS LIKE A FISH. I just wish the judge and jury felt the same as you do. Maybe I will use your theory in my defense.

I get what you are saying. It will take a few minute to wrap my head around it though

Nice job with the deep think

Your religious views don't have to affect your actions. However, your actions affect your quality of life, and that is what you can base them off of. This is the defense of many Atheist (not that I am one).

Go ahead. Kill someone, but you'll be either locked away for a very long time (possibly the rest of your life) or you will be killed in-turn. You will lose everything and everyone from your life. Your life will be nothing and miserable. You could say that killing someone would seriously affect the quality of your life, regardless of it being morally right or wrong.

That alone is enough reason to not kill somebody.

You could try and rob a bank. You'll probably also be arrested. Robbing a bank would also seriously affect your quality of life.

Committing crimes seriously affects your quality of life. It doesn't have to be because it is "morally wrong".

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I am dumbfounded by people who believe in a book that was written in the bronze age by people that KNEW the earth was flat and KNEW the earth was the center of the universe. So they must KNOW how the universe and everything in it came to be.

dont be dumbfounded.

they KNOW all about the universre because
their UFOs were the REAL ones

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The question is, how much longer are we going to be blind to the glory of our existence? How much longer are we going to be in turmoil wiithin ourselves? When will there be peace? When we learn to accept this... all of it.

According to the Bible, we won't be living in peace until evil (Satan and his angels) are removed from the earth and sent to the Abyss. During this time, Jesus will set up His kingdom and reign for 1,000 years upon the earth. After this Millennium is over, Jesus releases Satan and his fallen angels from the Abyss to wreak havoc one last time before the final battle between them that destroys the earth. At that time, a new earth (and a new heaven) will be created.

So, I'd say there won't be enough people to accept this until they see it or experience it first hand. Hoping for peace on this earth, as we know it, is pointless. The Bible makes that clear. So, there will only be a short period of peace (1,000 years) on this earth before eternal peace is put into place.

edit on 26-4-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

very little wisdom offered in the bible..not anything anyone with lick of common sense or reason couldn't figure out on their own.. the bible is a fear-mongers wet dream... it's all fire and brimstone and how its okay to beat your wives and slaves

ok, if you were a portion as smart as you come here and claim then you would KNOW that the Bible references the Earth as ROUND, and NOWHERE calls it flat.

So what is worst, those people in the past deluded by the science of their day ignoring scriptures claims or you today deluded by science and ignoring scripture but claiming to be wise and intelligent yet claiming the Bible makes a claim it does not?
Show me how smart you are and give me the reference that Scripture claims the Earth is flat and I will show you wrong, mmmkay?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Trust me, God, the almighty creator, does not create evil

Sigh.....
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)
The word translated “evil” is from a Hebrew word that means “adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, misery.”
As I have stated many times, Satan/Lucifer/Devil is not the Ultimate Author of Evil. The only Evil exists in the Hearts of Human Beings.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I disagree. God created perfection (angels) and then allowed them free will like us. That's when evil came into existence. So, in essence, God only created evil when He created these angels, in which some fell, hence fallen angels. Same with man. God created us in perfection and allowed us free will too. The only difference is that he allowed the hosts of heaven to have influence over us.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Can someone explain how an omnipotent and omniscient being can not have foreseen that one of only two of its creations would fall for the apple trick?
Does your god know or doesn't he?
If he did, he can't blame eve, as he could have foreseen what she would be doing and if he didn't, he is not able to know everything and hence he/she/it is fallible.

I am serious, could a christian elaborate please?

Oh yes and I don't want to hear that it was a test, as explained above it would have been a cruel joke to play on an innocent being with no life experience.

Sorry it's all complete cotswallop.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No, it's not all good, and I think you yourself are supporting satans lies with this thread.

What's wrong with you?

You think cop killers are good? You think islamic extremist lopping off heads are good? You think war is good? You think SATAN IS GOOD??

You need to step outta fantasy land, and into the real world, for a breather, I think.

From my local news website:
Mailman Accused Of Assaulting Child During Mail Route 7min
Police: 8 Guns Seized From Home 1hr
Police: Man Hit Woman With Rock, Shoved Face Into Fire

That's jsut a few, for starters, from one day, from one small town in New England.

Sound good to you?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

He wanted it to happen.

We'd be boring if he didnt allow evil into our world,

This life is mainly just a test to decide what sort of real life (after life) we truly want.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
Can someone explain how an omnipotent and omniscient being can not have foreseen that one of only two of its creations would fall for the apple trick?
Does your god know or doesn't he?
If he did, he can't blame eve, as he could have foreseen what she would be doing and if he didn't, he is not able to know everything and hence he/she/it is fallible.

I am serious, could a christian elaborate please?

Oh yes and I don't want to hear that it was a test, as explained above it would have been a cruel joke to play on an innocent being with no life experience.

Sorry it's all complete cotswallop.

Yes, God knew what was going to happen. You said it yourself, "innocent being with no life experience". So, God made sure we experienced the FULL life experience in order to know the difference.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

The question is, how much longer are we going to be blind to the glory of our existence? How much longer are we going to be in turmoil wiithin ourselves? When will there be peace? When we learn to accept this... all of it.

According to the Bible, we won't be living in peace until evil (Satan and his angels) are removed from the earth and sent to the Abyss.

I just told you how Satan can be removed now.

So, I'd say there won't be enough people to accept this until they see it or experience it first hand.

I'm talking about acceptance itself. By acceptance of all as a creation of God, and putting the universe in the proper perspective, Satan gets stripped of all its power. Acceptance is what it takes. Nothing else can do it.

Hoping for peace on this earth, as we know it, is pointless. The Bible makes that clear.

Then, the Bible has also made clear that it should be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Trust me, God, the almighty creator, does not create evil

Sigh.....
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)
The word translated “evil” is from a Hebrew word that means “adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, misery.”
As I have stated many times, Satan/Lucifer/Devil is not the Ultimate Author of Evil. The only Evil exists in the Hearts of Human Beings.

Technically, yes, God created evil, but evil is also nothing more than a human belief.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

No, it's not all good, and I think you yourself are supporting satans lies with this thread.

What's wrong with you?

You think cop killers are good? You think islamic extremist lopping off heads are good? You think war is good? You think SATAN IS GOOD??

I think the whole of everything the universe has to offer is acceptable. Those things included.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join