It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help convincing my family

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

Originally posted by FenderWolf
What is some sure fire way I can convince them?

Get a Phd in structural engineering and with a focus in dynamic modelling of unstable structures, and then show them your doctoral thesis.

Get the PhD structural engineer to explain why accurate data on the distributions of steel and concrete down the building are not important.

Structural engineering is thousands of years old. It is just in the last 150 years the enough steel could be produced in quantity to use for skyscrapers. So our experts have the problem of pretending that something which is not too complicated it SO COMPLICATED that we need experts to tell us what to think about it.

So we have an Intellectual Imperialism problem and ultimately that is more important than any conspiracy.

300 year old Newtonian physics is different for PhD structural engineers than it is for 8th graders. Like they can't do the calculation for the conservation of momentum. Of course they will now look like fools if they admit airliners could not have done it.

psik

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

What is some sure fire way I can convince them?

Get some evidence that shows it was a inside job.

Unfortunately none is available, as it wasnt a inside job....

Just why are you trying to make them believe a silly conspiracy theory?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
are you going with a pearl harbor theory or the controlled demolition/missile thing ?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Forget the collapses and planes for now. Convince your parents with proof.

Check out this link
911 War games were Operational cover for the execution of the attacks

Google Video Link

Google the israeli connection to 911 and how certain groups attacked on 911 to make it look like another group to fabricate an excuse to start the wars that have been raging for 10 years in the middle east.

If you want more links let me know.

Dont let fake 911 truthers and other disinformationalists derail you into talking about controlled demo or the pentagon. This is a tar pit.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Check out the images from the wargames of 911. Notice sadam and osama? This was written before 911

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well, I'm pretty convinced that the 9/11 thing is a coverup. I know that the materials and design used to construct the building had a little weird flaw that allows two properly timed explosions to knock it down. Same with the Pentagons design. The second explosion multiplies the first explosions force when the metals used to form the structure are right. How did Bin Laden know that? That's my question.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Show your parents this video

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Why discuss it with your family, keep it to yourself. You don't need them stressed out about something we cannot do anything about anyway. Just act as if everything you know is not necessary for others to know. If they see you analyzing these things they will think you are getting a little looney. I have problems discussing my newly learned knowledge with people so I only discuss little things to others. Not many people are studying what I do around here so I try to fit in with different conversations normal to the groups I associate with. I toss in a few things and others find my assumptions are right while they try to prove me wrong
People are weird sometimes, they gain evidence for debate but I can show them where my research came from. It helps when the news releases newly found research about two weeks to a month after I have told them about it.
I'm mostly only weeks to months ahead of release but at times I have been over three years ahead of release. I found that to mention things in a way that stirs their desire to research things on their own it helps.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by psikeyhackr

So we have an Intellectual Imperialism problem and ultimately that is more important than any conspiracy.

psik

Yep. It's the "intellectual imperialists" who are wrong for trying to stuff their Ideas down free peoples throats, not the armchair physicists with paper models. I guess that's a necessary part of your belief system, though. If the physicists and engineers are competent, responsible professionals who mostly know what it is they do for a living, and studied for years in school, then Truther Physics must then be little more than half educated know-it-alls posting their misunderstandings of physics and engineering on message boards.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to measure the tons of fallacies and contradictions on every page of an ATS 9/11 thread? Hubris and ignorance are not sufficient to hold them up: there must be an explanation.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Well, I'm pretty convinced that the 9/11 thing is a coverup. I know that the materials and design used to construct the building had a little weird flaw that allows two properly timed explosions to knock it down. Same with the Pentagons design. The second explosion multiplies the first explosions force when the metals used to form the structure are right. How did Bin Laden know that? That's my question.

The Pentagon and the WTC designs are completely different. The metal used to form the structures was steel. Where did you find this nonsense?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

I won't tell anyone much about that. If it was plain steel it probably wouldn't have been nearly as bad.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I, like all of you, fully believe 9/11 was an inside job. I have talked it to death with my parents, at least everything I know and they think im full of it. What is some sure fire way I can convince them?

Leave. Don't pollute your family with crazy idiotic concocted desires of conspiracy stories and crap. Leave them alone. Go pollute fellow truthers.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Firefighters For 911 Truth has dedicated an entire page with evidence illustrating that WTC #7 was a result of controlled-demolition.

Funny how none of the FF that signed the petition were there that day.
Most of the signers are NOT fire fighters.
Most do not say they believe it was CD. They just want a deeper investigation.
Many clearly have delusions of NWO.
So far they have 1437 people worldwide that have donated $78K.

Hardly a wave of change is it. More like the normal sprinkeling nuts in the world. Interesting how it's about the same number of "pilots for truth". Once again there's always that certain percentage .0000001% of people way out on the fringe of society.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I won't tell anyone much about that. If it was plain steel it probably wouldn't have been nearly as bad.

pteridine would love to drag you into the vomit pit of dicussion involving steel, temperatures and other non sensical points that derail you from learning about the Israeli spies that shadowed and almost helped if you will, the terrorists get training in the u.s and and watched them plan and execute the 911 attacks, the 911 wargames that were used a cover for the attack etc. There is a large paper trail but dumbunkers like to keep the merry go round of steel and plane talk going round and round.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

You are attacking the source of the information and launching personal attacks instead of addressing the information itself. Classic distraction tactic.

• So what if people signed a petition that were not present in NY on 9/11. They present video and written testimony of people who were actually there. This is not a valid argument. Were you there during the Holocaust, or conquests of Alexander the Great, or during the crash that lead to the Great Depression, or were you there when the Mount Rushmore was built? No? Then what is your point?

• Who cares how many members are part of Firefighters for 9/11 Truth as compared to the general population. This is also not a valid argument. How many famous celebrities are there compared to the general population? How many leaders and politicians are there compared to the general population? Does this mean celebrities and politicians are delusional and fringe? If yes, then why do you believe the Original Story of 9/11 as told by these "delusional" and "fringe" minority we call politicians?

Attack the source of the information and launch personal attacks, but do not address the actual information itself. I see what you're doing.

Peace

edit on 4/26/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Inside job, outside job...

Nut jobs?... crazies?...

Throw OFF-TOPIC and personal attacks all you like.

You are only ignoring what I said.

• Why did WTC #7 collapse? NO plane hit it.

• Why did WTC #7 collapse in an identical fashion to a controlled-demolition implosion?

I am not discussing anything else. I have no agenda to promote. Is this crazy to question WTC #7?

Peace.

edit on 4/25/12 by Sahabi because: Changed word "nothing" into "no plane"

It's not crazy. But the reasons have been fairly well documented, and to most people's satisfaction. If you want to promote a different thesis you have to start with a detailed analysis of the current explanation and why you consider it flawed.

You can't simply demand answers because you're not satisfied, or claim that something doesn't seem right to you and that you'd like it explained. Or rather you can but very few people will be interested.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

pteridine would love to drag you into the vomit pit of dicussion involving steel, temperatures and other non sensical points that derail you from learning about the Israeli spies that shadowed and almost helped if you will, the terrorists get training in the u.s and and watched them plan and execute the 911 attacks, the 911 wargames that were used a cover for the attack etc. There is a large paper trail but dumbunkers like to keep the merry go round of steel and plane talk going round and round.

Actually, Pteridine only asked about the source of misinformation that rickymouse was quoting as it is so wrong as to be humorous. Pteridine would not drag rickymouse into any vomit pit of discussion, including the merry-go-round of unsubstantiated rumors of Israeli agents, Mossad involvement, dancing Israelis, and similar material that is regularly regurgitated for the amusement of all by those that are attention deprived.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Show your parents this video

Dude, Mr. Shadow Herder, this is excellent. Thankyou thankyou thanyou!!!
It was actually kind of hilarious too

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

Hello TrickoftheShade.

I don't need to present any thesis because many have already done so. Many conspiracists present valid evidences and rationalizations. Many times their proofs are ignored, and the arguments solely revolve around personal attacks and the conspiracist's own hypothesized "whos" and "whys". I do not want to fall into such a trap with 'whos' and 'whys' that are pure speculation on my behalf.

WTC #7: Some debris fell onto Tower #7 and a fire started. Hours later the entire building collapsed at near free-fall speed in an apparent controlled-demolition which resulted in a perfect implosion into its own footprint. I am not satisfied that some debris and a fire can cause such a take down of a building.

Pentagon: What happened to the wings of the plane? The damage to the outside facade of the Pentagon and the inner corridor damage shows absolutely no room for wings. Only a small puncture hole. Looks like a missile hit. They say the plane kinda did a skid on the lawn which ripped off the wings. Then why was there no such damage to the lawn? This is why they hurried to cover the pristine lawn with rocks and gravel shortly after.

I'll save all the speculation to whoever. I'm just asking questions about observations.

Peace.

edit on 4/26/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

Well, I admire you wanting to bring it to them who has be given the insight at looking at Reality differently..
Sad they don't see that way, two ways that you can approch this.

Next time, if this conversation comes up again... mention to them my old saying.. Regardless what we both believe, it will not alter the truth!

Have now in your hands, the insight that has been given here on ATS, In print.. tell them to read this.. if not.. their choice. In not doing so.. by reading it, then they will continue to miss the facts., ok and better, maybe they will walk away with a better understanding of what has been controled,suppressed information... Let them know the Lie tube has them thinking otherwise. This way, you can mention that the both of them has given you life on this Rock and you have listen to them in your up bringing.., A Teacher is wise to listen to the student. We both learn again. My thoughts here... they are only hearing you.. never stopping to " Really Listen "

Otherwise Grasshopper..

It's a waste of grey matter (Theirs)

Be Wise, be well,

Jesse

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join