It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anunnaki or Nibiru never mentioned in movies...why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

no not another Nibiru thread, I was noticing how all these sci fi movies havent cashed on the whole Annunaki/Nibiru thing, although some have hinted at it, ie Cowboys & Aliens, The Fourth Kind and the upcoming Prometheus movie

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Von Daniken was another nut case i stopped believing his stuff when i was about 12

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
The only mention I really remember was that "Fourth Kind" movie, and it was all supposed to be 'real' or whatever.

Only problem with that movie is it is based on a true story with 90% artistic freedom. If you read about what really happened, it is nothing like the movie. Also those supposed real clips are not real clips but another actor and filmed to look that way.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

But to answer your question. They probably figured its a bunch of baloney that translates good into selling books yet not quite into spending millions of dollars making a movie.

Melancholia

Doesn't mention the planet by name but the premise of that movie is a hidden planet on an elliptical orbit hidden behind the sun, is going to collide with earth and end the world.

The part i found funny was one of the characters frequents a web forum just like ATS full of people preaching doom and gloom, and also some who show that the scientists aren't telling the truth when they said it wouldn't impact the earth.

The parallel to that and ATS at the time of elenin was undeniable, but again, didn't use the name outright.

wow i forgot about that movie, should see if its on netflix

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Its not mentioned directly but the ancient aliens idea (cobblers or not) has seeped into the cultural background in the same way as the greys and area 51. The last indiana jones film and cowboys and aliens both allude to it.

Prometheus is as blatant as can be.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
anyone notice that? I've never heard Nibiru or the Anunnaki ever mentioned in a movie, I wonder why..

there is a movie named -ALIEN ARMAGADDON- based on them. they call them nephilim and I think even Annunaki... Also Battlefield EA*RTH with Travolta-Cowboys and Aliens and the series V from the 80s that was recently remade seem to mimic them. To take a far guess it may be because they are related to reality of EA*RTH and those who control the movie conscious effects were not permitted in the past to share, until now it seems.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Zecharia Sitchin (July 11, 1920 – October 9, 2010[1]) was an Azerbaijani-born American author of books proposing an explanation for human origins involving ancient astronauts.

Similarly to earlier authors such as Immanuel Velikovsky and Erich von Däniken, Sitchin advocated hypotheses in which extraterrestrial events supposedly played a significant role in ancient human history.

Yup, he wasn't the first, he just helped make it mainstream. And the mayan 2012 deal is already explained in a thread at ats you might want to browse:

ATS THREAD

He DID mention 2012 in relation to Mayans, but you have to "read the book" to get what he said.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

so i guess youre one of those that believe civilization is only about 5,000 years old, yet we have monuments that were obviously build LONG before that

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Also Battlefield EA*RTH with Travolta

Ahh, nope, that was about scientology, though the story is just about as batsnip insane as Anunnaki or Nibiru is.

link   

But to answer your question. They probably figured its a bunch of baloney that translates good into selling books yet not quite into spending millions of dollars making a movie.

Melancholia

Doesn't mention the planet by name but the premise of that movie is a hidden planet on an elliptical orbit hidden behind the sun, is going to collide with earth and end the world.

The part i found funny was one of the characters frequents a web forum just like ATS full of people preaching doom and gloom, and also some who show that the scientists aren't telling the truth when they said it wouldn't impact the earth.

The parallel to that and ATS at the time of elenin was undeniable, but again, didn't use the name outright.

Let me guess, straight to DVD?

I'll check it out though, sounds interesting. I have noticed though that this year surprisingly has not too many "alien" movies coming out. Mostly rom com and funny ones... distraction may for whats to come?

OP , love your Tin Foil outfit by the way

link   

same douche that started the mayan 2012 BS AND the ancient aliens boondoggle.

Yeah now youre backpedaling, YOU said that, remember?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

LOL TY, was my entry in the tin foil hat contest
Oh Melancholia was in the movies, albeit a VERY short time...I remember seeing the trailers

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

so i guess youre one of those that believe civilization is only about 5,000 years old, yet we have monuments that were obviously build LONG before that

hmm, are you one of those who believe that ancient humans were retarded peons who were incapable of building those monuments themselves?

Give the human race credit pal, if not for us, you wouldn't have this fancy internet to talk about this stuff on. Piling up a few rocks?

Hell, Einstein figured out relativity on paper, who has the balls to say the ancients REQUIRED alien intervention?

I can name three, two of them already mentioned here, and the ancient aliens too much spray tan dude, that's who. All of whom, I might add, have various books with "proof" you can BUY. Because, if you had proof that ancient aliens shaped our civilization, you surely wouldn't share that info for free right?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

not I, I NEVER said that, reread the post and the one i am referring to
I KNOW civilization is FAR OLDER then what mainstream science says, hell the sphinx is at LEAST 10,000 years old, look at its water erision, last time Egypt was a savannah was over 10,000 years ago, BEFORE the last ice age
edit on 4/25/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Also Battlefield EA*RTH with Travolta

Ahh, nope, that was about scientology, though the story is just about as batsnip insane as Anunnaki or Nibiru is.

They came for GOLD
had the 6 fingers and height relations as mentioned some of the Annunaki have. Thats what made me consider that movie. V is still the best although it seemd the new version was relatiing to rligion and politics and vaccines of today and then they cut it off???

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Yeah now youre backpedaling, YOU said that, remember?

hmm, I made a statement, followed your link, and reposted to show where I had been confused, and you call that back peddling? What exactly is your game friend?

===

Anyways, I actually thought melenchalia was pretty good, if not painfully slow. It's less about what is happening, and more about how the people in the movie deal with it in their own ways.

also, if you've wanted to see what dundst has under her sweater, download that tonight.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

! will second that

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

not I, I NEVER said that, reread the post and the one i am referring to

I was using your own tactic against you bud, I read what you were referring to and the user said nothing of the sort, he rightfully said that Von Danigan is a idiot, which he clearly is if you ever spent more than 3 minutes listening to him. But you immediately assume he's one of the minority of people who believe the world is 5000 years old.

See what I did there? Just because we don't agree with you, doesn't mean we can't discuss it. Though I think we deviated way off course...

But I think i might have an answer as to why Nibiru is rarely mentioned by name. It could open up a whole copyright /trademark fiasco.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

hell the sphinx is at LEAST 10,000 years old, look at its water erision, last time Egypt was a savannah was over 10,000 years ago, BEFORE the last ice age

How old is the Sphinx?

Also, the new theory focuses only on a specific type of erosion and ignores other evidence that would support an age of 4,500 years. Among these: The Sphinx is a rapidly weathering structure, appearing older than it is; subsurface water drainage or Nile flooding could have produced the pattern of erosion; and the Sphinx is believed to resemble Khafre, the pharaoh who built one of the nearby pyramids of Giza. He lived circa 2603-2578 B.C.

Though I agree, "civilization" is much older than we give credit for, but this has nothing to do with aliens.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Because they're too intelligent a subject matter that they average movie goer won't understand

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join