It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anunnaki or Nibiru never mentioned in movies...why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
anyone notice that? I've never heard Nibiru or the Anunnaki ever mentioned in a movie, I wonder why..

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.

edit on Thu Apr 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That`s a good point.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Because they dont exist?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

can you prove it?
I can prove they were mentioned in anicent Sumerian tablets

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The only mention I really remember was that "Fourth Kind" movie, and it was all supposed to be 'real' or whatever.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yeah mistranslated by that hoaxer Zecharia Stitchin

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Yes the hinted at it in the end when they translations said they're back

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

incorrect, try THIS

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yeah mistranslated by that hoaxer Zecharia Stitchin

same douche that started the mayan 2012 BS AND the ancient aliens boondoggle.

Zecharia Sitchin (July 11, 1920 – October 9, 2010[1]) was an Azerbaijani-born American author of books proposing an explanation for human origins involving ancient astronauts. Sitchin attributes the creation of the ancient Sumerian culture to the Anunnaki, which he states was a race of extra-terrestrials from a planet beyond Neptune called Nibiru. He believed this hypothetical planet of Nibiru to be in an elongated, elliptical orbit in the Earth's own Solar System, asserting that Sumerian mythology reflects this view. Sitchin's books have sold millions of copies worldwide and have been translated into more than 25 languages.

Sitchin's ideas were rejected by scientists and academics, who dismiss his work as pseudoscience and pseudohistory. Sitchin's work has been criticized for flawed methodology and mistranslations of ancient texts as well as for incorrect astronomical and scientific claims.

I guess we should be happy he didn't turn it into a religion.
edit on 25-4-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So you believe in ancient sumerian gods? santa easter bunney as well

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You should make a movie.

EDIT: THERE'S YOUR BREAK!
edit on 25-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No I SAID they were mentioned in sumerian myth, get it right

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sitchen made several mistakes.

They weren't called Anunnaki...it was "Anunna" and they were the gods of the underworld.

Nibiru wasn't a planet, it was a city.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

No I SAID they were mentioned in sumerian myth, get it right

Mentioned yes, as those of royal blood, not aliens. And before you point out the "deities" part, keep in mind that during those ancient times, right through to egypt, those rulers WERE gods.

The Anunnaki (also transcribed as: Anunna, Anunnaku, Ananaki and other variations) are a group of Mesopotamian (Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian) deities. The name is variously written "da-nuna", "da-nuna-ke4-ne", or "da-nun-na", meaning something to the effect of "those of royal blood"[1] or 'princely offspring'.[2] Their relation to the group of gods known as the Igigi is unclear — at times the names are used synonymously but in the Atra-Hasis flood myth they have to work for the Anunnaki, rebelling after 40 days and replaced by the creation of humans.[3]

That right enough?
edit on 25-4-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I played a computer game called nibiru....that was a load of c**p as well

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Noooo.. Not another Nibiru thread. I thought we were over that when Elenin passed by.

But to answer your question. They probably figured its a bunch of baloney that translates good into selling books yet not quite into spending millions of dollars making a movie.

And no, Nibiru does not exist.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Nibiru wasnt and you believe in mythical gods?

+1 more 
link   
Because Hollywood might not want that type of information to get out to the sheeple, it might cause the people to research things they dont understand for themselves, instead of just being told what it is.

+2 more 
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You dont do much research, do you?
If you did, you would have known Erich Von Daniken started the whole anicent astronaut theory, and not ZS, AND ZS NEVER mentioned the Mayan 2012 theory

In 1983, with the publication of Robert J. Sharer's revised table of date correlations in the 4th edition of Morley's The Ancient Maya,[Note d] each became convinced that 21 December 2012, had significant meaning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

try doing a LITTLE research next time you state something

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

But to answer your question. They probably figured its a bunch of baloney that translates good into selling books yet not quite into spending millions of dollars making a movie.

Melancholia

Doesn't mention the planet by name but the premise of that movie is a hidden planet on an elliptical orbit hidden behind the sun, is going to collide with earth and end the world.

The part i found funny was one of the characters frequents a web forum just like ATS full of people preaching doom and gloom, and also some who show that the scientists aren't telling the truth when they said it wouldn't impact the earth.

The parallel to that and ATS at the time of elenin was undeniable, but again, didn't use the name outright.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join