It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 7 year old suspened for "sexual harassment"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Yes 7 year olds do stupid things. We correct them when they do so they can grow up and not do stupid things.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Noone is saying that boy shouldn't get punished, but the punishment is kind of harsh, especially for a 7 year old. I would stay away from that shady school

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This made me sick - I'm so sorry for your son.
If he is getting accused of sexual harrassment, then she should be accused of indecent exposure.
If I were your son, I would have done the same damn thing.
It is disgusting; he's right.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm only twenty years old and things have changed ALOT since I was around that age.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Do you think it is alright for 6 yr old girls to run around school with their butt crack showing?

You think this boy was the only one who noticed? How much teasing was going on here, and was this regular dress for this girl?

The boy was 7, and doing the silly things children do at that age. Tell him not to do it, send him to the principle and a good lecture, but don't suspend him, and turn it into a criminal case, that is ridiculous.

At the same time, do something about the girls dressing habits. She shouldn't be running around school with her butt crack showing. That is probably more damaging to her than what the boy did.

edit on 25-4-2012 by poet1b because: add n't

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

Originally posted by stuthealien
reply to post by coop039

sounds more like he was trying to give her a wedgie ,pull her pants up her backcrack,so it may be the case that your son is a bully and was trying to humiliate this girl,i dont expect you to think clearly about this as it is your son ,and as such you can see no wrong in this....
but please try to consider this from all sides,maybe just maybe your son is guilty

I knew I would get answers like this here. As I said, I know my son isnt perfect, but to bully is not something I have ever seen in his character. And even if it was a wedgie, sexual harassment and possible expulsion is just crazy.

I have no reason to believe his side of the story is untrue, he has always come clean in the past when he has been in trouble.

Unfortunately I am a single full time dad, and I dont have the ability or finances to home school him or send him to a private school.

Sorry, everyone else is giving opinions so I'm going to do the same....

I know he is your son, and you may think this wasn't a big deal, but the girl is someones daugher and whether you like it or not, they are allowed to think differently. Grabbing hold of her underwear is sexual harrassment, you aren't talking about a 3 year old. Hopefully between you, your son, the girl and her parents, plus the school of course, something can be worked out. Sorry if that sounds hard, but if in a couple of years he tried to make a schoolmates breasts fit better in her bra would you be as forgiving or understanding? Would she or her parents?

Don't even think about home schooling unless you are qualified (which you make no pretence to be). People make that sound so simple and usually it's people who wouldn't pass a teachers exam.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I see nothing in any 7 year olds psychological profile that warrants....sexual harassment. Maybe the government is just trying to hurt you through your kid. You are a member of ATS after all. If any psychologist even wants to evaluate the kid, then he or she should lose the right to perform such evaluations. This is beyond ridiculous. Go to the media (all sorts), and start reporting this. It should eventually gain traction.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It has gotten out of control with kids doing kids things and paying grown-up prices. That being said It was 30 years ago I realized that breeding was a bad idea. I never would have considered bring a child into this mess of a world.

That he is only Seven tells me you did not do the math and made a bad decision having a kid in the first place. Have you not heard the tag line "only stupid people are breeding"?

Not trying to insult you, just warning you. Life for those under 30 is not going to be much fun much longer......

Were it me I would do very bad things to the person that tried to lump my child into a "group" and demand a psych evaluation....

Follow the advice of those on the board that said HOME SCHOOL!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
From now on i'm just gonna copy/paste the same response to any of these kind of threads...

THE USA IS COLLECTIVELY GOING NUTS!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Don't even think about home schooling unless you are qualified (which you make no pretence to be). People make that sound so simple and usually it's people who wouldn't pass a teachers exam.

Given the outrageous state of education in public schools today by "qualified" teachers your advise seems alarmingly ignorant. The rest of your advise was not much better, but at least the former can be attributed to heart felt emotion, the latter is just mind numbing ignorance.

If you're a big fan of indoctrination and public indoctrination centers that's your business.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
OH JEEEEEEEZ, that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard a school do. A kid can't even be a kid anymore for christ sakes. He was doing something very polite and is now getting punished for it, WTH? I'm amazed at the incompetent morons that get hired to teach our kids now days. Seems like every month you hear of some idiot having sex with the kids that they teach or stupid crap like this. Our educational system in general has become a joke.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Actually, I apologize for that remark. It was rude and unfounded, bad mood today, not right to take it out on you like that. Seriously, not being sarcastic or anything like that, I apologize.

link   
What hope is there for our children when the parents do not understand the reasoning of being fault tolerant with them.
These kids are the same age, No injury was caused, the behaviour was improper, but in a very mild way, If the teacher saw it he should have pulled the kid to one side and asked him if he knew why he was being taken to one side.
The answer to that qustion determines the course of action, but, it only needs to go as far as having the child tell you what they did, and why, and then you explaining that it is wrong, can be seen as being the worst kind of behaviour that could lead to a criminal offence being laid against you.
This is a learning experience, one i am sure he will not forget, he is a child his actions are innocent of any lascivious intent, to think otherwise, or to think he needs to be punished for a one time mistake that has become a learning experience, is backwards and shows a complete lack of emotional integrity and emotional intelligence.

Just pointing out the facts that this under different circumstances, could be a ride in handcuffs to the police station would scare the beejesus out of him and hopefully ensure it never happens again.
I hope the girls parents are mature enough to see it for what it is, an innocent act from a kid that didn't know any better.

link   
I'm confused, I'm not buying this story
a boy pulling a girls pants up ?????
Ok kidding aside.

So really how is sexual harassment when no sexual gestures have took place. Is there more to this story, does you and school have the same story, because if so it seems innocent and you should contact to local news (they love stuff like this) to do a story to put pressure on the school board to reverse their position

edit on 25-4-2012 by Tbrooks76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

What in the world are you teaching your child at home MR.!

You just can’t do certain things in front of your son like that; you do know that kids mimic what they see and they do what they think is right. It’s a shame kids have to get in trouble do to their parents indiscretions of what they show or do around there kids.

i just dont believe this !
Now the child is in trouble because of you...i will pray,not for you,but for your child.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

All due respect, teaching is not all that difficult....... Look at what you are going to teach the next day the night before, make sure you understand it. Teach it the next day, make sure they understand it as well. Not rocket surgery here..... Especially at the elementary or junior high level. If you can't comprehend, and teach at a high school level, you probably shouldn't have kids at all, and still be in school yourself.
edit on Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:39:39 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
You're better off homeschooling him; the educational system in America is so worthless.

Let him be social, just keep him away from this brain atrophied school.

Seriously it may be the only way parents can successfully protest these ultra-sensitive, blind justice school policies.

It's actually "education system" but I guess your error proves your point.

link   
how stupid...what are they thinking?? this is one of those situations that they hold all the cards..unless you are informed when you go talk to them...i would definatly check out the 'news' possibility or come in with ( i shudder at uttering the word) a lawyer..they are usefull sometimes.

this is what things have come down to....uuhhhhg...no way the human species is gunna survive

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There is obviously no sexual abuse in this incident. He is a little boy, and kids do this stuff all the time, if they see some kids with their waistbands hanging low. You need to make an appointment with school officials, perhaps with your lawyer present and demand that there is nothing recorded in the child's records that would ever say he was reprimanded or suspended for sexual abuse. That phony tag can cause him a lot of trouble later in life, for absolutely nothing. If the school insists on this ridiculous charge, then I would seek advice from your attorney general office and demand that it be reversed with a threat to sue.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

It's actually "education system" but I guess your error proves your point.

Encyclopedia Brittanica disagrees. Both phrases are grammatically correct, and neither reflect either erudition or stupidity by the user.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join