It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Boasts of Ability to Destroy US Military in 'Single Blow'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
and hopefully they'll use the icbm that crashed in the china sea to deliver it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

whe was this fox interview im curious ??

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I guess they could have stolen the secret Chinese self desrtruct code embedded into all of the microchips China makes? Just a thought

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It could only take 1 blow,look at bill Clinton,all they need to did is send their best girl....
Obama would be putty in he-, their hands.

to the topic however,though Korea posses nuclear arms,i don't think "lil kim" will be dumb enough to use them,he knows the integrity (Read survival) will be all but gone the second they start the countdown.

China wouldn't step in because America is china's economy,and China is America's economy.

Russia wouldn't step in,NATO/UN would destroy them.

North Korea,like the Russians,Cubans,and Taliban before them,are just flexing their muscles.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the Secret Service scandal in Columbia. Perhaps a hooker actually got the "football" codes or something.

But then isn't he forgetting to mention the -job part?

And even if he did get the codes, it's doubtful he'd be able to re-target the missiles. Destroying the US military in such a way (if even feasible) would also involve destroying everything else.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
NK is always blustering about how great they are. They can't even launch a rocket successfully, their people are starving while the elite live it up, they have to threaten the people into grieving over "Dear Leaders" death. Pretty sure this is just more chest beating.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

There are two issues with your assessment, first popular views have very little importance in a governing system like the one that is present in China. I have no friends in China or any of the two Koreas, but my understanding from documentaries is that North Koreans are not very much liked in China, they are involved in drug traffic and economic refugees end in direct competition with the Chinese for work and women often end in the sex underground.

The other issue is about comparing it with Afghanistan, this comparison does not seem possible, considering the geopolitics of the region and historic evidence.

South Korea would be obliterated in the first shots, we would probably see something similar to what happened in Kuwait in a larger scale and with a superior invading army. the USA would be extremely deficient in conducing any conventional retaliatory action. I doubt however that China's support would be open and we would probably see covert arms and intelligence support, similar to what Russia did in Serbia or in Iraq if the USA did really intervene a more fair comparison would be something like the Vietnam war, lots of South Koreans escaping en mass to Japan and the USA and an initial withdrawal of troops, if the balance shifted then we would see some more open support like "volunteer" militias from China, but it would be mostly a war by proxy for China unless it took the initiative and that would mean the end of the world as we know it, Taiwan and Japan would be in-line immediately, Russia would probably support China (depending on how the war progressed and its terms) it would be a mess, and even if South Korea would cease to exist the final outcome would be unknown due an high degree of it becoming an atomic conflict.

The only alternative to keep destruction to a minimum (globally) would be if North Korea or China had already in place some nukes in USA soil, at the time of nuclear escalation, rendering a long nuclear conflict unnecessary but that would mean the end of the USA, China and the Korean peninsula and neighboring regions. Since some retaliatory action would be unavoidable.

We really have not had any previous open War between nuclear powers to access how it would unfold but one would assume the the NK would be willing to start something crazy like that...
edit on 25-4-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

North Korea Boasts of Ability to Destroy US Military in 'Single Blow'

www.voanews.com

North Korea is boasting of “powerful, modern weapons” that can defeat in a single blow the United States which it accuses of plotting a war against it.

Chief of general staff, Ri Yong Ho, gave no further details about the weaponry in his speech to mark the North Korean army's 80th anniversary.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oh damn. I can only think of one thing that powerfull, and they only need a particle accelerator to get it.
Antimatter.
Does anyone know if NK has access to a particle accelerator?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The weapons used in the battle of Manhattan in 2001 were pretty advanced, so much so that large numbers of the general public were duped into thinking buildings were destroyed using controlled demolition by thier own government. Not knowing any better they went to the only tech they knew about for an explanation. Unable to reveal the truth, these theories were allowed to thrive, fueling debate for decades between the "thruthers" and the "official story brigade". Meanwhile the attackers got what thier negotiation tactic was in aid of, and the attack and subsequent cover story was used to solidify foreign policy in an unrelated, yet vital region. It was a win win situation for both parties, the collateral damage being seen as acceptable.

It is possible that some of these advanced weapons, capable of leveling skyscrapers to dust and molten steel, from a vast distance have been loaned to NK from China.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I posted this in a different thread but thought this thread was more fitting. Posted 4/23/2012 "North Korea vows 'unprecedented' action against South" thread.

"I have been following this north korea thing pretty close. And i got thinking about the latest failed missle (or rocket) launch. The first thing that raised a flag was NK admitting the failed launch. Normaly they claim everything they do to be a success. This next part is strictly a hypothesis. What if NK did this on purpose. Did they put an explosive in there to blow it up at a certain spot and elevation. Was this a test for an EMP over SK. If you look at some of the trajectory paths and the spot that the missle failed and switched the trajectory to go over SK it would have failed (exploded) in the middle of SK. And that is why NK claimed a failed launch and it was actually a success. Would like to here opinions on this hypothesis!!!!! My first post so dont beat me up to bad."

edit on 25-4-2012 by jredwood301 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
And the US has the ability to render this planet uninhabitable in a single blow, We also have the ability to wipe N. Korea of the maps permanantly. These people are lucky that the gov. doesnt have a set of balls and put an end to these empty threats. Guess the world is lucky im not in power or there would be alot less coumntries in the world

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Meh!

What a load of Tosh.

Seriously, you believe NK is a credible threat.

Nah, only to itself.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Bah listen not to the North Koreans, They are still embarrassed about that under-water satellite they launched

edit on 25/4/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

Lmao, thats hilarious

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Bah listen not to the North Koreans, They are still embarrassed about that under-water satellite they launched

edit on 25/4/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

Double post
edit on 25-4-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Soo,
a North Korean rents a Cessna,in the US
flies to a remote location,. loads up a nuke and hits the right altitude over the US
and detonates it creating an EMP that takes out the majority of the country,.
Or maybe three North Koreans do the same thing in different parts of the US
wiping out all the US electrical everything....
Nah,.. that could never happen.................

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Yes, I would agree about an emp...but where did they get it? China obviously. So if people are not ignorant this would not only mean war with North Korea but China as well. Because we all know North Korea would not be capable of this technology if they can not even put a satellite into orbit.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sure, I bet.

It's easy, just have NK sell us some of their awesome missiles, and have us launch them in unison at every major city.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Nah,.. that could never happen.................

Yeah, you are right........it will never happen

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join