It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Boasts of Ability to Destroy US Military in 'Single Blow'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hahaha777
reply to post by GD21D

whe was this fox interview im curious ??
It was uploaded on 02FEB2009, the actual date of the broadcast I do not know. However, I did find something interesting. There is a bill that was submitted on 24JUN2011 dealing with the EMP threat. Here is a brief summery.

EMP Weapons Accountability Assessment Act - Requires the Director of National Intelligence to report to the congressional intelligence and defense committees on the research, development, testing, and deployment programs of foreign countries relating to electromagnetic pulse (EMP) weapons and associated delivery systems and platforms. Directs that such report identify each country pursuing an EMP weapons program and describe the scope of each such program.
For anyone who wants to read up on the proposed bill here is the link.H.R. 2348: EMP Weapons Accountability Assessment Act

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Funny how everybody is willing to make fun of North Korea

And yet no one is saying, how come North's rocket and cargo blew up, how come Russian satellites have lately been going disabled without explanation.

USA is already at war with the whole world. If you live in US you live under most evil government on the planet.

Have you been to middle east lately, go there and count the dead, come back and disagree with me if you can. Who did North Korea invade and occupy? Find that country if you can.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Soo,
a North Korean rents a Cessna,in the US
flies to a remote location,. loads up a nuke and hits the right altitude over the US
and detonates it creating an EMP that takes out the majority of the country,.
Or maybe three North Koreans do the same thing in different parts of the US
wiping out all the US electrical everything....
Nah,.. that could never happen.................

not sure but the EMP pulse has to up higher than a Cessna would go.....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
not to mention that CIA and MOSSAD have sabotage black ops against virtually every country not in NATO

Take a look at Looking Glass Technology interview with former Navy Seal. You can google it. US is the biggest bad boy on the planet.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

edit on 25-4-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I'm sure we are trying to recover that satellite to see if it was an EMP weapon . If it was we would probable attack North Korea .

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
EMP would be a wild card... whether it was a nuke, or just a large pulse weapon.

G-d forbid... it would put us back into the stone age, pretty much...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
North Korea is so so stupid if they actually believe this.... If there's anyone who can destroy someone in a single blow its the US taking out NK...I hope NK keeps running their mouth, lets see how far it gets them...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Soo,
a North Korean rents a Cessna,in the US
flies to a remote location,. loads up a nuke and hits the right altitude over the US
and detonates it creating an EMP that takes out the majority of the country,.
Or maybe three North Koreans do the same thing in different parts of the US
wiping out all the US electrical everything....
Nah,.. that could never happen.................

not sure but the EMP pulse has to up higher than a Cessna would go.....

Way way higher... Check out the thread below, it shows a great chart of burst altitude with an EMP over the United States, a Cessna wouldnt get close..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-4-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rory212
Funny how everybody is willing to make fun of North Korea

And yet no one is saying, how come North's rocket and cargo blew up, how come Russian satellites have lately been going disabled without explanation.

USA is already at war with the whole world. If you live in US you live under most evil government on the planet.

Have you been to middle east lately, go there and count the dead, come back and disagree with me if you can. Who did North Korea invade and occupy? Find that country if you can.

Once upon a time ago they tried to invade and occupy South Korea, they failed, and since then they havent been strong enough to be able to occupy or invade anyone else. Not to mention the fact that we are ALL watching them and if they try anything they will be taken out...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well, I am sure Dear Goober in Pyongyang will understand if all of us don't wish him luck on this little fantasy of his. It's amusing though. Actually, it's hilarious. It's only tempered by the fact this nut may actually believe his own press release and attempt it some day. Now that wouldn't be funny at all...

Hundreds or even a few thousand Americans might die. (Thousands if an Aircraft Carrier were successfully hit)
...then...
HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of North Koreans would die within a few hours of that epic failure of a mistake.

I really would love to see Korea re-unite to the favor of the South. The folks up North don't even know what they're missing as they flip through their dog eared copy of '1001 ways to prepare tree bark for dinner!'.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
North Korea can take the US out with their 'new, modern weapons' eh? Its more likely that, if even they launched an EMP capable weapon, it would detonate over their own airspace(they do launch duds), and take THEMSELVES out. Lets see boy Kim recover from that one. Besides, even a hint of a EMP weapon launched, would bring rath down on lil Kims head. Maybe he should go ahead and try it, its an excuse to wipe his poor excuse of a govt off the face of earth.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

North Korea Boasts of Ability to Destroy US Military in 'Single Blow'

www.voanews.com

North Korea is boasting of “powerful, modern weapons” that can defeat in a single blow the United States which it accuses of plotting a war against it.

Chief of general staff, Ri Yong Ho, gave no further details about the weaponry in his speech to mark the North Korean army's 80th anniversary.
(visit the link for the full news article)

It looks like the aging Chief of general staff, Ri Yong Ho might have been taking a NAP during failed missile launch earlier this month? Then again, could it be that the North Koreans have finally found a way to weaponize "Kim Chee?" God help us...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lguapo
found a way to weaponize "Kim Chee?"

Weapons of Mass Deliciousness!

On topic, they are just pissed that their rocket failed and now they are cut off from the US food stamp program. I wouldn't be surprised if they set off a nuke in their own country so they have some kind of real bargaining power to get back on the world welfare system.

I just hope they do it on their own land, anywhere else and food is gonna be the last of their problems.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Haven't had a chance to read every post on this thread yet so I don't know if the answer is in it. Woundering if an EMP actually damages electronocs that ARE NOT turned on at the time of the pulse. Anyone with a proper scientific answer please?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

My understanding is that any unshielded, closed circuit would be vulnerable to damage by an EMP. Delicate electronics would be more vulnerable to potential damage than the wiring in your house, for example. Potential for damage would also be related to distance from the EMP since it's strength diminishes as a function of the square of the distance. Someone more knowledgeable than I please correct me if I'm wrong here...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

This is an interesting story yet it is clearly just propaganda form the North Korean’s, I would imagine it’s just a message to appease the people of North Korea rather than a real threat. However it does seem to show that the new regime is beginning to speak out against America with the rhetoric of war although I personally don’t think it’s time for anyone to start worrying about war just yet.

I do wonder however what these weapons are that the North Korean’s are claiming to have.

www.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

We are technically still @ war with North Korea. A peace treaty has never been signed.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It's always been my opinion that if North Korea even attempted an serious hostile offense without provocation against South Korea or it's allies such as the US. China would walk right across the border and crush and occupy North Korea in a heart beat.
edit on 4-26-2012 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I don't think anyone is going to go launching an emp off in space. Though, I could be wrong.

Other people have stuff up there too. Ultimately, they wouldn't just be attacking America, but the whole modern world. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't stir that hornets nest. Hell, even China would be pissed at them.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join