It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Boasts of Ability to Destroy US Military in 'Single Blow'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Has about as much credibility as other statements they make about their workers paradise.

You know, the one that needs food aid for its peasant class. The one with reports of peasants being forced to eat each other in the last famine in the 90s.

"Me have mighty weapon, bow down decadent westerner....ps, send more rice"

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the jokes and puns forum? Just saying...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Of course the USA is plotting a war against North Korea. Any country in their right mind should be plotting a war against North Korea. Its called Strategics / Theatre Operations / Joint Operational Command. They constantly form strategies for war with most nations , hell they even have one for a zombie apocalypse.

Its called preparation.

Think ahead , so when the time comes , you may think lightly and react like lightning.
edit on 25-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

If they are talking about wiping us out in a single blow they could only be talking about detonating a nuke over the U.S. and creating a EMP (Electromagnetic pulse) Also known as the Compton effect. This would fry power stations and electronic circuits all over. The military is prepared for this and have hardened their equipment to prevent this, but the rest of us would be screwed. They can't get a rocket into space, but they might be able to get one over the U.S. or part of it. Of course we would shoot it down and wipe them off the face of the Earth if they tried, but they can fantasize about it anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rjbaggins

They have Submarines. They could Launch 50 miles off the coast. A missile going Mach 3 or 4 doesn't take long to get to altitude.

We wouldn't be able to react in time.

A nuclear Explosion would do virtually the same thing the EMP would if detonated above the United States.
edit on 25-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
EMP is not a weapon its a by product of nuclear explosion. Folks keep throwing around the term EMP like its a weapon by itself. By default any country who has nukes can produce an Electro Magnetic Pulse by detonating it in the atmosphere.

[

Sorry but no. You can create an EMP without using a nuke, a search on the internet and some shopping around town would net you everything you need to take out a city.

Its actually amazing to me that it hasn't happened yet. You don't need a missile, you could put it in a van and park it in a major metro city and nobody would even know where it came from.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Star for you. But a minor correction is needed. China will not permit and applaud, but it will be obligated to support it. They can not afford to have a USA controlled neighbor , that is why the reunification of Korea will not happen until China sees it as being in their benefit.

This geopolitical logic was valid in the Korean War and is valid today. That is why MacArthur wanted to nuke China...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Interesting you should say that, I have no sources that I can supply you with unfortunately however I have a close friend who is an expert on Chinese relations, as in he advises government and business on how to get into Chinese markets. He told me that China really only tolerates DPRK because they buy so much energy of China and that they have almost monopolised the trade into DPRK. However he has told me that most people in China accept that if DPRK was to enter into war it would no longer be in China’s best interests to have a divided Korea as it is inevitable that DPRK would lose its ability to buy form China in the aftermath of any war and as such the favourable outcome for China would be to have a united Korea should war spark up again. He also told me that further to this China would be taking a massive risk if it were to assist DPRK was it is possible that it could turn into what Afghanistan was for the Soviets and in also distance China form its other international markets that it is reliant on for commerce. Basically if DPRK is relatively peaceful then China will continue with the status-Quo however should DPRK reinitiate war then for China it would be in its best interests to withdraw its support.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

That's pretty funny. I wonder if it is sitting on the bottom of the ocean playing music for the crabs.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I like this! Good Point!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I just would not if I was any military presence allow for concentrated build ups in that area. Like if there was an area w/ say 50,000 troops or more the whole area may go to waste just to prove a point. sort of like the scorched EA*RTH policy ect. DONT centralize like fish in a barrel.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well I hope this is a complete load of nonsense.

Logic would say it is...
I mean these guys just launched a failure and are testing nukes for a third time.

Makes it all a little hard to believe that they've got weapons beyond that capability.....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Funny you should say that because there are already some 30,000 plus American armed forces personnel based in South Korea then there are those forces that are with in range of DPRK. It would be very stupid of DPRK to attempt to hit out at America.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
IF and that's a huge IF, the NKs have the ability to launch a missile that will put a nuclear warhead high enough to create an EMP effect over CONUS, then I most likely think NK will cease to exist as country. We would retaliate with Nuclear Weapons...I am almost sure of that. Probably take out the Chinese strategic forces as well, (ICBM fields, Subs etc, just for good measure). Well maybe not with the current Admin, but that's what the Joint Chiefs will want to do, just to protect our country and our allies. If NK EMPs us, they will go straight for SK and maybe Japan, and we would have to assume that Kim has been given at least tacit permission by China to do it.

As far as conventional war on the pennsula, it will be Nasty. The US/SKs will win, probably within 45 days, but Souel will be a pile of rubble, and my guess is the NKs use chemicals and possibly biological weapons, even if they don't have or use nukes.
edit on 25-4-2012 by SrWingCommander because: content

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Why do you think that America would attack China, there would be no reason for that. The international community would see an all-out nuclear attack against DPRK as justified and China would just fall into line.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Funny you should say that because there are already some 30,000 plus American armed forces personnel based in South Korea then there are those forces that are with in range of DPRK. It would be very stupid of DPRK to attempt to hit out at America.

Yes it would not be a wise move but it feels like a form of mass martyrdom is in the tone/energy there like Iraq scorched EA*RTH policy to ignite all the oil feilds to further harm the rest of the world in some way or another. I hope not but some would sacrifice their entire land mass to destabilize another. Keeping the vibes hopeful but also considering there is a new and younger with different intents leader there now.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Maybe they don't have such a weapon......but maybe they do.

Don't forget that the Chinese are supplying them with nicer weapons now.

One big rocket capable of mass EMP could do some damage, then they invade.......

Go ahead, my rifles are EMP proof and I would be glad.....no, ecstatic to welcome any invaders to Arizona!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
EMP is not a weapon its a by product of nuclear explosion. Folks keep throwing around the term EMP like its a weapon by itself. By default any country who has nukes can produce an Electro Magnetic Pulse by detonating it in the atmosphere.

Originally posted by studio500
Sounds like the North Koreans do have EMP.

A previously unseen missile was showcased at a parade earlier this month, and Kim Myung-chol, a North Korea apologist who has visited the state's missile units, claims that Pyongyang has munitions that can disable all electronics, potentially paralysing US forces.

Telegraph

Non-nuclear EMP Weapons

The United States most likely has EMP weapons in its arsenal, but it's not clear in what form. Much of the United States' EMP research has involved high power microwaves (HPMs). Reporters have widely speculated that they do exist and that such weapons could be used in a war with Iraq.

Most likely, the United States' HPM e-bombs aren't really bombs at all. They're probably more like super powerful microwave ovens that can generate a concentrated beam of microwave energy. One possibility is the HPM device would be mounted to a cruise missile, disrupting ground targets from above.

This technology is advanced and expensive and so would be inaccessible to military forces without considerable resources. But that's only one piece of the e-bomb story. Using inexpensive supplies and rudimentary engineering knowledge, a terrorist organization could easily construct a dangerous e-bomb device.

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ha! What military are they going to take out? The couple of boats we have stationed by them? Laugh at the North Korean philosophy!

See the funny thing is that we don't say things like that because our weapons are massive, and we are smarter and more funded too. This would never ever happen...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It would be considered. Probably we wouldn't do it, but we would initially have to assume that if NK did something like that, China gave at least implied permission. Which makes their nuclear arsenal a threat.It's not likely, but certainly possible.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join