It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens will never invade us...heres why!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
i dont think they want to invade us, they want to control and enslave us

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So we've got big bombs... We've yet to do anything constructive, or even useful with this technology.

I think the OP is right, I don't think it likely that we'd ever be invaded by an extra-terrestrial civilization. I think it's far more plausible that we'd simply be exterminated.

Your family grows and you need a bigger house. So you move to a new place. However, the new house is infested with ants. You marvel at the feats of strength and engineering exhibited by this feisty race... right before you start spraying.

Nobody contacted the ants first, in an attempt to "work something out".

To any civilization that has achieved interstellar travel, we are ants. Until we start working towards technological advancement as a unified species, whether or not we're invaded, enslaved, or pureed and fed to alien infants will be left entirely up to them. As in the ant analogy above, if the exterminator figured out how to build a truck that allows him to travel immense distances (across town) in a matter of minutes, do you think he's going to have any difficulty wiping out his target?

And what good is any level of technology against a race that in all likelihood would simply sling a space rock infected with some biological plague to do most of the dirty work while we contemplate whether or not we're alone in the universe.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
gotta love the old "aliens would/wouldn't do or need this this or that" thread.

i believe in extraterrestrial life but i'm not going to say "they wouldn't, can't, won't, don't need if they can...." on the basis of: NONE OF US KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM.

it is nothing but imaginative guessing and speculation. how do you know that there isn't an alien race out there who is power hungry as the USA and that they just haven''t discovered our planet and resources?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
So we've got big bombs... We've yet to do anything constructive, or even useful with this technology.

I think the OP is right, I don't think it likely that we'd ever be invaded by an extra-terrestrial civilization. I think it's far more plausible that we'd simply be exterminated.

Your family grows and you need a bigger house. So you move to a new place. However, the new house is infested with ants. You marvel at the feats of strength and engineering exhibited by this feisty race... right before you start spraying.

Nobody contacted the ants first, in an attempt to "work something out".

To any civilization that has achieved interstellar travel, we are ants. Until we start working towards technological advancement as a unified species, whether or not we're invaded, enslaved, or pureed and fed to alien infants will be left entirely up to them. As in the ant analogy above, if the exterminator figured out how to build a truck that allows him to travel immense distances (across town) in a matter of minutes, do you think he's going to have any difficulty wiping out his target?

And what good is any level of technology against a race that in all likelihood would simply sling a space rock infected with some biological plague to do most of the dirty work while we contemplate whether or not we're alone in the universe.

no we must never be unified in nations. for that will be our downfall and armageddon. Instead we can have cooperation so that every culture system and belief is preserved. Want to know why aliens havnt zapped us yet? they are fascinated with our many diferent cultures and beliefs. Earth is rich in history and stories. they have as much to tell us as we do them

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

OR already have discovered this planet - see the human race as a tasty meal / work force to extract the wonderful resources from this once thriving planet which is now in a decay because of gross overpopulation / misuse by the human race.

Sacrifice an entire biosphere.....or the 'pestilence' that seeks to inadvertently destroy it....

Choose your own answer.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fuserleer

if an alien species wanted to take over our planet, the easiest way to do it would be to just cause a disease to wipe out mankind. no bombs, they may never even have to be seen in this case. simple and effective.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

Either we are full of poison or we are bone thin. I think we would make a disgusting food source.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Finally a story that I actually enjoyed reading and completely agree with. Thank you OP for taking the time to write this.
As you say they probably wouldnt want to bother with us, im sure that they (if they really exist out there) would have looked upon us over the centuries and thought of us as a useless destructive species

I strongly believe that us, as a species has at most 100 years left in it without some major shakeup and wake up, we are too aggressive and that is going to be our downfall.

If any alien life form came, I believe they would to be here to save US from ourselves NOT us to save Them

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Who knows but I believe in Aliens and an Alien invasion is highly a possibility.

Look at it this way;

Why is the US Goverment spending trillions of dollars in Military research? Who know's what kind of technology they are keeping from us and there MUST be a reason why they are doing it, knowing that money could be spend on something more worthwhile.

Sure the people may think they want the power to be above all other Countries but is that really the truth? There must be a secret agenda to all these Top Secret technology they are working on. Call me skeptic, but I'm keeping an open mind here.

I hate the United States Goverment no doubt. But they can easily make a better image for themselves but they choose not to and spend trillions of dollars on Technology Advancments while it could easily be distrubited through the medical, homeless, hunger, and so on and forth.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Thank you OP, this is the most sensible alien invasion thread I have seen in a long time. What I mean is this site has become a haven for doom freaks, and warmongers. I have also noticed an increase in the rapid response nah sayers. I have to admit that upon recently I spent about six weeks every night waiting for something to happen,
because of very convincing alien Invasion Imminent or 188 day cycle we are all gonna die soon threads.
I worry about this community at times but you have been a breath of fresh air.
I am now convinced that all this hysteria is man made,
something could happen this year but im sure it is all part of a plan, formed on this planet some time ago.
Again thanks and well done.
edit on 25/4/12 by darthdamo74 because: my punctuation sucks

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuserleer
exactly my point, the aliens should be afraid of US!

I have no doubt there are aliens, I can even "stretch" to the odd visit/scout party over the millenia, but an invasion is too risky no matter what you are coming for. Better to just find it elsewhere and save yourself a headache, the universe, hell even our own galaxy, is plenty big enough

Afraid of us. We are like the lions in Africa. Some respect when the alines are close to us otherwise who cares. They (we the humans) are not where the civiliced aliens are. If we do not learn to behave then the first thing we are probably gonna meet outside our solar system is aliens that looks at us like cookroches that needs to be exterminated. Get it if they are type 2 then they can destroy our whole solarsystem if they want to. The reason they have not tells you that we are not a threat to them and that they are nonagressive.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think they're already here.

Suppose they needed a certain mineral for what ever reason. They have come from 1000 light years away and have only a limited expeditionary force with them. After studying their plight, they form a mining consortium, buy out a few failing mining companies and infuse them with alien monies, like converting something they have plenty of for dollars. With their advanced technology, this would happen quickly.

They start a few mining companies to operating very efficiently, the humans running the machines are well compensated with pay and benefits, and are very happy. The aliens have more than enough applicants for their companies.

The aliens have learned business, earth economics, how to interact with the natives and have supplied their home world with more than enough mined material to even trade with other off world aliens without alarming the natives. I'm sure the aliens would observe anything else that could be obtained here on earth to be swapped elsewhere. Now, if they have "infiltrated" the government, the flying machines would be ignored and the natives that report them would be ridiculed by the mainstream media which has also been acquired to an extent. The probabilities are endless.

The only worry would be of another aggresive alien world coming here to "liberate" the mines. I don't believe they work that way, though, but who knows.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

consider this , maybe this planet of ours faced some kind of major problem in the distant past and the elite managed to escape to another planet , leaving behind everyone else .

now the danger has passed and we the suvivors of said danger started to rebuild our civilizations until we are at the level we are now.

now the elite that had escaped to the other planet and don't forget they would have taken the finest minds and technology with them have decided to return .

these people would be our ancestors not aliens .

but their technology would have grown uninterupted during this time and as such we would see them as aliens

the question we should ask ourselves is would they be returning as friends or will they be looking to reclaim the planet and status that they had before

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

That was my thought....
maybe we are cows on a big farm...or a wildlife "preserve" used for hunting trophies like Trump's son does in Africa !!! Who says just because they may be advanced, that they are nice or logical?

Just thinking out loud.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by awakendhybrid

Not if they are like my step-alien I mean mother.....she thinks the bones are the best part of an animal

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've always felt that if there are any aliens actually buzzing around Earth in flying saucers, they are most likely biologists here on scientific safaris, studying us the way Jane Goodall and others have spent their careers studying apes and other wildlife. Maybe they are (at best) their equivalent of primatologists, studying what they consider to be semi-intelligent life forms, or maybe they are more like entomologists, studying what are to them no better than insects ("look how clever they are building those vast habitat colonies for themselves, such industrious creatures...").

It's also just possible that we are, to them, like a stone age civilization persisting into the modern age, like some tribe deep in the Amazon, or on some South Seas island and they are wary of ruining the natural development of our culture. Not unintelligent, just undeveloped. It's been the experience here on Earth that when modern man makes contact with very primitive cultures, it tends to destroy those societies very quickly. Sometimes it's the introduction of diseases, or a new technology throws everything in their society out of wack. The results can sometimes turn brutal.

So I agree, the invasion scenario doesn't make much sense, have long felt that for all the reasons you state. Once one understands just how much more STUFF is out there, the same stuff in terms of resources, and there for the taking without a fight, it just makes no sense to bother going to an inhabited world to get it. There are far more worlds out there that can't support life, never mind asteroids which are going to be much easier to extract material from because of lower gravity. If you need food and you are a type-2 civilization you've probably long since figured out how to grow the stuff hydroponically or even grow flesh in a manner similar to hydroponics, something that has already been invented by humans, though it's not yet easy to do.

I think even using the Earth for living space because we happen to have a very similar environment is again super unlikely, but also probably silly for a Type-2 civ as, again, they would by then have the technology and ability to terraform other worlds or even build large, sustainable artificial dwellings in space along the order of a Halo-type ring. They might even be capable of building Ringworlds, like from the great novels by Larry Niven of the same name or even the next step after that Dyson swarms and Dyson spheres. If living space is your problem, a ringworld sized construction is going to solve those problems for a very, very long time to come. The one depicted in the books is millions of times larger than the Earth and a Dyson sphere is an order of magnitude larger than that.
edit on 4/25/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBoy97
no we must never be unified in nations. for that will be our downfall and armageddon. Instead we can have cooperation so that every culture system and belief is preserved. Want to know why aliens havnt zapped us yet? they are fascinated with our many diferent cultures and beliefs. Earth is rich in history and stories. they have as much to tell us as we do them

I never said anything about unifying nations in government or culture. Here it is, word for word:

Until we start working towards technological advancement as a unified species...

That is to mean until we, as a human race begin working together toward technological advancement... You know, people from all of our rich cultures and belief systems, working toward advancing our civilization as a whole rather than bickering over the stupidest, asinine issues imaginable.

Please accept my apologies for not being clear, I didn't think it was a concept that needed any explanation.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
deception project + spirit science = awakening

welcome to your awakening

BE LOVE

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Maybe they are after gold?

Afterall, gold is very finite on Earth and in the solar system in general. Whatever gold found within planets was the result of a supernova millions of miles away. Its not made inside planets, only inside dying stars. So the theory goes.

Maybe thats why the FED secretly stole all of the US' gold. Where did it go? Did it buy TPTB alien tech? Did it buy them time to hold off an invasion or did it thwart an alien takeover?

One might ask, why would aliens want gold. I guess the same reason anyone does? Or maybe its useful in ways we dont yet know.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What I've always thought, as to why we wouldn't be wiped out, is because we humans have a special trait that other sentient beings don't possess. I've always thought, mind you this is all a theory, that humans being capable of creating souls, through the miracle of birth, is a very special characteristic. Maybe other sentient beings are A-sexual, or at least the more advanced races perhaps...

Just my two cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join