It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens will never invade us...heres why!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Your post assumes a lot of things about a hypothetical intelligent species and the reasons why or why not they would invade our planet and enslave humanity.

Technically speaking If they wanted to procure a natural resource they wouldn't have to do much to secure the planet. (Assuming they aren't harvesting humans for food.)

Honestly all they would have to do is genetically engineer a virus that will kill a huge portion of our population. They could be abducting people for genetic research just for that very purpose.

You could reason since their society is so advanced.. and if there are multiple species of sentient life that they have a social and political structure that frowns upon genocide of species for petty reasons. Hell they may not invade because they really do not care about us one bit. If they travel the galaxies chances are they have encountered several species like ours in several dimensions and/or timelines. Maybe even in different Universes why the physics and laws of nature their are the polar opposite of what we can perceive here in out little galaxy.

You can go on with all of the hypothetical reasons you like. If it happens... it will happen. But don't be so naive and arrogant to believe that there will not be an event where our species will publicly interact with another species... whether it's big headed grey alien time travelers or the second coming of Jesus which by definition is an Alien or sentient being who assisted in creating this planet for the human population to multiply >

Sometimes I wonder. If Adam wasn't dumb enough to listen to Eve and snitched on her what would happen. Would God replace her like he replaced Lilith... then we would multiply and inhabit the galaxy because scientist would have thousands and thousands of years to develop their knowledge because they would never die. Hey maybe races who kept their promise to follow Yahweh have lived for thousands of years developing their technology and not interacting with us because of the direction of a supreme leader.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I agree with the OP, there is no reason to invade earth. Resources and energy are vastly abundant everywhere. And of course it is naively anthropocentric for us to use ourselves as a comparison for what a space-faring race would do. We are not even out of the trees. Our physics is in its infancy. The interstellar distances are so vast that anyone able to traverse it has to have harnessed physics far in advance of ours. In other words,they won't be using what our current most likely conception of space travel entails, such as trans-generational travel for millenia just to reach even the closest star, which is unlikely to have anything of use. If you can't get around quickly, you're pretty much stuck.
The most likely purpose visitors would have would be scientific endeavors. And that doesn't by default mean studying humans. What makes us so damn interesting?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I think mankind would blow op the whole freaking planet if we thought for a second we would lose it to any other species (not just aliens, best to keep an eye on those crafty cockroaches too.)
Ever see a toddler smash a toy to bits before sharing it with another kid?

Well thought out post OP, S&F.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The argument for "earth as a new home" is also fairly weak in my opinion, unless the invading species is hopping over from a nearby planet, like Mars.

If you can live and travel in space, why would you choose to settle into a comparatively chaotic planetary environment like our own.

What is a planet but a very rudimentary spaceship, one which not only you cannot control but is in fact out to get you? It would be like picking a wild horse over a comfy RV.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Legos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
One thing is sure, no alien civilization has reach the level 7 of Kardashev scale so far...

That's becoming a god and knowing everything from everything.

Humanity is at 0.62, we still have much natural resource yet be discovered.

We need our most powerful telescope, scanning the vacuum of space for spaceship or unusual shape object near stars or planet. Thing such as Dyson sphere etc....
edit on 25-4-2012 by Militarywarfare because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Is it possible that maybe they were just tying to sleep and we are too damn noisy? Maybe they are just grumpy sleepers.

I think maybe humans are a better resource than OP suggests. We haven't unlocked our full potential yet. Maybe they are more capable to doing it for us.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
One pound in weight of botulinus toxin spread evenly over the whole world would kill everything that breaths.
On to the good news, aliens would come here for the one export we really are good at, fighting troops, Humans would would be bred for good specimens, and payment would be that 'they' don't bomb the crap out of us.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Militarywarfare
One thing is sure, no alien civilization has reach the level 7 of Kardashev scale so far...

That's becoming a god and knowing everything from everything.

Humanity is at 0.62, we still have much natural resource yet be discovered.

We need our most powerful telescope, scanning the vacuum of space for spaceship or unusual shape object near stars or planet. Thing such as Dyson sphere etc....
edit on 25-4-2012 by Militarywarfare because: (no reason given)

Dyson sphere, surely the suns radiation, that cannot escape into space, would fry the inside of the sphere? and the heat, the inside of the sphere would be the same heat as the surface of the sun, surely?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
just thought, a 'ringworld' would be a lot easier to build, and not take as long. no fear of overheating.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
No one will prolly see this bu I will write it anyways.

Take your class two civilization, and lets add a religion to it, that would change your entire argument, because of the posibilities of what they could or couldn't do would be based on a religious belief.
Now these are the factors that are never brought up when these types of things are discussed.

The OP is weak, and flawed. Although i do like his validation of the resources are neutral to un-valuable to them.

Here is a few things not considered in the OP

-If the aliens have a religion that counters our validity as beings, (i.e. we are viewed as heathens or barbarians or simple animal because we don't follow their faith)

-to destroy the human race wouldn't cause so much destruction, first EMP's would be used to disable the electronics, then specific biological weapon would be deployed that could be us to kill all human and human like DNA chains. and Boom there goes the dynamite. (they area class two civilization lets not forget.

-what if they did come here in peace, then the governments of the world (I am looking at you US) disrespected,
lied too or even threatened them.

-this is more of an add to the last one, what if a craft of thiers crashed on earth, then the governments holding the crew as hostage or prisoner, and wouldn't return them to their own people. Maybe they even already autopsied them, perhaps even while they were still alive, and then their bodies were disposed of in a disrespectful manner to their culture.

-what if there is a combination of resources here, that when combined correctly creates that magic fuel you were talking about, we just haven't figured out how to do that yet. That might make them interested.

-Let's try something simpler, what if they just don't like us.

I could go on and on and on...
edit on 25-4-2012 by KingAtlas because: clarity

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
One reason I don't hear people talk about is religion. Perhaps these beings have been ordered by far more advanced beings to carry out a punishment on us for transgressions. Maybe we were given the laws long before the bible, and we have failed to live our lives by the laws set up by those who rule this galaxy, or this quadrant if the galaxy, or whatever. Maybe they just have some weird religion where they must sacrifice huge amounts of "animals"? There are infinite possible scenarios... Maybe we were supposed to get along, and we failed to comply? Maybe our leaders will all appear on tv one day and point behind you, and say "I'm just an actor... see? That's a camera. You've all been on tv this whole time and it was a test to see if you would stand by and allow your government to go around slaughtering people and stomping on your rights, or if you would stand up and do something about it. Our consensus is that you are not ready to ascend. If we allowed you out into the universe, some predatorial beings would enslave you with ease, and a bigger nuisance would arise. You will be reduced down to 10,000 for your own good, and be allowed to start over again for the 13th time. Better Luck next time! Now let the slaghter begin!" Then the sky darkens with all order of terrible and frightening beings, ranging from mythical to unimaginable, deafening roars and shrieks of beasts bloodthirsty and eager to fulfill their duty are the last thing anyone can remember hearing...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fuserleer
exactly my point, the aliens should be afraid of US!

I have no doubt there are aliens, I can even "stretch" to the odd visit/scout party over the millenia, but an invasion is too risky no matter what you are coming for. Better to just find it elsewhere and save yourself a headache, the universe, hell even our own galaxy, is plenty big enough

Scared of us? Are you serious?

I agree, though, that with billions of planets out there, violently invading a planet would be beyond such an advanced civilization. A civilization that can travel beyond light speed must have passed the ultimate test of any society to reach that point and that is to not destroy themselves in their technological path of enlightenment. We have nothing to fear and, actually, we may be an extension of them by being seeded here or even programmed into being if you are open to the holographic/ancestor simulation theory.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
One reason I don't hear people talk about is religion. Perhaps these beings have been ordered by far more advanced beings to carry out a punishment on us for transgressions. Maybe we were given the laws long before the bible, and we have failed to live our lives by the laws set up by those who rule this galaxy, or this quadrant if the galaxy, or whatever. Maybe they just have some weird religion where they must sacrifice huge amounts of "animals"? There are infinite possible scenarios... Maybe we were supposed to get along, and we failed to comply? Maybe our leaders will all appear on tv one day and point behind you, and say "I'm just an actor... see? That's a camera. You've all been on tv this whole time and it was a test to see if you would stand by and allow your government to go around slaughtering people and stomping on your rights, or if you would stand up and do something about it. Our consensus is that you are not ready to ascend. If we allowed you out into the universe, some predatorial beings would enslave you with ease, and a bigger nuisance would arise. You will be reduced down to 10,000 for your own good, and be allowed to start over again for the 13th time. Better Luck next time! Now let the slaghter begin!" Then the sky darkens with all order of terrible and frightening beings, ranging from mythical to unimaginable, deafening roars and shrieks of beasts bloodthirsty and eager to fulfill their duty are the last thing anyone can remember hearing...

Or Deathwing could come out of the maelstrom. Lol. There's a higher chance of us being a simulation for virtual reality time travel purposes. Simple tools of a higher, living, civilization.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by fuserleer
@ BiggerPicture

true, but you can bet your life on it that the invading parties wouldn't have if the fight was fair.

In history its always been an grossly unfair fight where colonization is concerned. And no matter who came here, that disadvantage to us (if any) wouldnt be that great.

You can't take over a planet with air supremacy alone, you gotta get down and dirty on the ground at some point, and theres were any technological, mass destructive weaponry is no use.....then its a real fight, and its a fight we could stand up to!
edit on 24-4-2012 by fuserleer because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2012 by fuserleer because: (no reason given)
Spoken like a true Norman/Saxon

I'm just taking a guess because of your writting style and choice of words

But, regardless, Human beings alive today are the direct decendants of the best warriors, most brilliant weapon makers, shrewdest stratigists and hardened survivalists, or mixture thereof, pitied against one and other in countless battles, wars, riots, street fights, domestic disputes, bar fights and acts of self defense carried out since the beginning of our evolution. Actually being a large part of our evolution, the ultimate "shake out" leaving only the best human beings, killing, fightng and survivingwise.
We are are an agressive and tenacious bunch
And only getting keener at our "skills" it would seem.

Peace!
edit on 25-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This planet won't be attacked because it's being protected by the advanced humans in the universe..without their protection we would already have been invaded....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I've got an idea...maybe they want to come here to experience the dawn of the New Age, and to take the "rapture" away from us so they can move to different levels of consciousness themselves. This is plausible, no?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
we here on earth are food. there is a reported loss of at least 100,000 people a year, that simply vanish off the face of the earth, never seen or heard from again. we are like cattle on a large grazing planet with ample water and feed. i think this is why the government will never release any information on UFO's. they know that there will be a certain amount of the population "beamed" up to be fed to others. because of our birth rates here on earth, there is a certain sustainablity to our species that facilitates the limited "harvesting" done on humans. earth, in other words, is just another giant galactic feedlot. maybe we are even like a giant galactic drive-through like mcdonalds, we are used as a stop over for food replenishment on other species star-system highway.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fuserleer

How about the fact we are totally destroying the planet. We didn't really start seeing or hearing about aliens or space craft until we lit off the big one in the dessert and sent a freaking major shock wave into the universe. They probably thought "oh chit the kids found the matches lets go see what their up to". It's an intervention I think. We are out of control and irresponsible. Check this video out from a french psychic 1980, it's quite disturbing to me.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-4-2012 by TheWarrior17 because: wrong link

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
that video is amazing and coincides with other things I've read about the "looking glass" and 2012. So ya maybe we are headed for the end in 2012. I'll feel better in 2013. But that psychic was spot on most of the time no? I just had a dream where spaceships used anti-gravity to destroy us. If my dream is a prediction we will just float away later this year. LOL

edit: I think we will steal the advanced e.t.'s tech and fend them off. Our level of technology isn't readily apparent. Our secret projects will save us from utter annihilation. We are far more advanced then they expect us to be.
edit on 25-4-2012 by nrd101 because: added edit

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
how about food. millions of people around the globe are reported missing every year.

advanced technology doesn't necessarily change your nature, it just makes it easier to accomplish your goals.

look at humanity.

second, i would imagine every type of species around the universe has something unique.

maybe for aliens, they like our music, or maybe they like our women. they like human pleasures.

or maybe they need our organs.

whatever it is, they need to do it covertly or else humanity would resist.

i know that america has no shortage of armed rednecks who would like nothing more than declaring open season on aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join