It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens will never invade us...heres why!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Heres what I think would happen.

The aliens would come here, us as humans would probably be like "hey lets kill them and steal there technology." thus starting a war between aliens and planet earth. Even this is unlikely though. I'm pretty sure them hovering over us from time to time in there spaceships and then military start to follow them they know that to stay away. They probably are smart and avoid warfare by being so evasive as they are. I think the only way us as humans wouldn't attack them is if we actually matured beyond humans and got rid of the emotion of hate. Then and only then will we come in contact with actual aliens, or beings from other planets or even just space.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

"imperialism & colonization may be universal endeavors as they are how one ruler or government maintains and/or expands control. resources, slave labor, tax payers = power and success."

good point. Its the only plausible reason and method if there is one. If, hypothetically, the earth is positioned favourably for galactic trade routes then it has strategic value in "exopolitics". Its a sad thought but there maybe higher intelligence out there, just not intelligent enough to have gone beyond politics.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
they'd probably come here for our Sun.. and that would be just as bad for us

I'd probably expect them to go closer to the galaxy's center where stars are closer by to do harvesting if they chose to do that.

Originally posted by eyeinoz
reply to post by fuserleer

they dont need our resources hey, what about if we were put here(humanity) to multiply until there is enough of us to harvest.mabe to some we taste good...just putting it out there.

Why spend all that time/resources waiting for a species who pollutes itself (I heard we have trace plutonium measurable, but I wonder if that's just another made up fact), when they could come down, grab a skin cell off a street or something, take the DNA and just have a machine make whatever piece they want on their own space station for almost no resources.
Soon even we will be able to do that... and look how backwards we are.

Originally posted by neobludragon
Heres what I think would happen.

The aliens would come here, us as humans would probably be like "hey lets kill them and steal there technology." thus starting a war between aliens and planet earth. Even this is unlikely though. I'm pretty sure them hovering over us from time to time in there spaceships and then military start to follow them they know that to stay away. They probably are smart and avoid warfare by being so evasive as they are. I think the only way us as humans wouldn't attack them is if we actually matured beyond humans and got rid of the emotion of hate. Then and only then will we come in contact with actual aliens, or beings from other planets or even just space.

Rofl if we did that we'd be toast. I'm sure if they can travel space, they could blow us up from orbit with the flick of a switch

Originally posted by parkwoods21

Your argument and "evidence" are very weak. You act like everyone who has killed someone has always had a reason too. Aliens do not need any reason to wipe us out if they wanted to other than just seeing us as a threat. It does not matter how advanced we are or that we still use oil and gas to fuel our engines. In real life more often than not when you are threatened by something for whatever reason you try to get rid of it. For example take a wasp's nest somewhere out in the middle of some unexplored jungle. All of a sudden you show up within 3 feet of it. The wasp's have nothing to gain from stinging you repeatedly. They feel like you are a threat to themselves and will probably attack you for no other reason. Now whats to say aliens are not this wasp nest and we (earth) is not you.
edit on 25-4-2012 by parkwoods21 because: (no reason given)

This is probably the most plausible reason, though if I were them I'd leave us be because we're exterminating ourselves without any intervention -- and of course if we somehow can travel space, then do orbital bombardment the moment before we jump to space travel.
edit on 4/26/12 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

killing species is a human trait.

No,all species kill.All species have fear.Any specie will kill to eat or to simply protect itself and/or their kids.

Whether aliens kill or not remains to be seen.Maybe they have already invaded?For all we know they could live amongst us,and have been eating us for years!A lot of people do go missing and are never found!

Maybe we are robots made of flesh and blood,created for the sole purpose of taking care of the planet?But maybe they made us too smart?And instead taking care of the planet,we are ruining it.And maybe that's why there are so many UFO sightings lately?

So many maybes.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EddieCusak

there is ONE logical reason to believe that aliens will never invade earth, and that is... they haven't done it yet when they've had thousands of years of better opportunities to do so...

It's possible they didn't know we were here until they encountered our radio waves. An indigeneous technological civilization also implies a planet with a diverse and productive biosphere. These might be rare. Planets themselves appear as common as dirt, but ones with life forms beyond slime might not be so common.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Thats pointless. If they are More Advanced Civilization.. then you cant think like them! not even close.

We the people dont no s*it about them.. so its easy to fool us with anything.

Whos gonna invade us? Government may order aliens to invade us(mabye lie to them about something, come up with something to direct aliens hate towards us), they not might be even aliens.. government made soldiers.
So who knows exactly what we're gonna deal with.

Its hard to believe that they come like predators and fly around over the cities, people running panicin.
They should suck us up at night, and with 24 hours earth will be cleaned up and government can come out from their secret underground villas and start clean with the NWO, producing humans)banging bitc*es and hailing satan.

Little tought more. The illuminatis what we're seeing, the celebrities, the chosen ones... This deffinitely has something do to with! Mabye they are chosen to obey the government (what they do right now). Okay they came big star blabla Thats who government needs, leaders who people follow, look up etc. So they will be saved, they go underground or wher ever when we are gonna get invaded, and after we are gone, they will be the New World Race.

What we know that theres a False Flag Invasion plans.. thats it.
edit on 26-4-2012 by minusugune because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

One thing i think you missed which i think plays a major role.

In order for a race to evolve further than our current civilization, they would have spent alot of time developing their spiritual aspects, virtually the last thing humans are yet to develop to an advanced degree for some time.

When a being becomes spiritually advanced, they see existence in a different way, everything is precious and you live in harmony with your surroundings.

So in order to be an "advanced alien race" you would have to be spiritually evolved and employ the above things.

Hence no invasion....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
An earlier poster suggested we are being farmed for alien food.

In some countries exotic dishes like frogs are highly desirable dishes.

I would suggest that if anything we are just that . A gigantic breeding gorund of exotic dishes.

Yumm YuM

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

In order for a race to evolve further than our current civilization, they would have spent alot of time developing their spiritual aspects, virtually the last thing humans are yet to develop to an advanced degree for some time.

i'm not sure you can place evolution, technical and cultural advancement and spiritual advancement all under the same banner and its not, ro my knowledge, in any way a natural law that these separate things all happen at the same time.

Someone made a good point here earlier and i totally agree, it is an almost impossible task to speculate on the thoughts and motives of anything "alien". Its very important to atleast know our own though.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
My mind is often filled with wonder on how people know how we look on the outside. Its like people have had contact with alien races and have been given the inside scoop of the universe towards earth. Most if the time, it just baffles me how some people talk about stuff like that with such certainty. Then I laugh.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I agree brother, not to mention that assuming an alien civilization progressed to the level of space travel then they must have a better idea of the true spirituality behind existence. I highly doubt you'd find a space-faring species of nihilist aliens. Or space-faring christians/zionists for that matter. And therefore you'd imagine they'd have some kind of pro-life moral compass. If this is true, then these aliens wouldn't attack us because they wouldn't need or want to, and they wouldn't contact us until we were ready to assimilate that knowledge into our society.

And humans at large, to me, don't seem ready to assimilate that knowledge. But I don't think that's their fault, I believe there's an international cover-up over this to ensue economic control of earth because if the bomb dropped on TV that intergalactic aliens were real, you bet your ass no one's gonna keep paying taxes

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fuserleer

We, humans, are the hooligans of the universe, and woe betide anyone that wants to have a bust up!
edit on 24-4-2012 by fuserleer because: (no reason given)

that would be the cause for the invasion : space police commin' down to kick our sorry ass. "humans, stop fighting, you're the shame of this universe !"

nice thread OP

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Here's a few reasons why they would:

1) Fearing humans will pollute the universe like we pollute earth, they have come to stop us.
2) A species with no morals or code of ethics could care less about us. WE don't know how THEY think. Either they are advanced because they settle their differences, or they are advanced because they conquer and kill everything in their way. Both are plausible.
3) Food. Earth could just be a farm where humans are grown. When we put pigs in a fence, they have no idea why they are in a fence. You could say Earth itself is our fence, and we have no idea why we are here. Maybe the aliens are the farmers?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
What about aliens just doing away with us through what they see as 'pest control'? Your mineral argument is also a bit weak. There may be something very specific that is available here and easier to reach - getting rid of us may be less of a hassle than mining from some planet with a particularly hostile environment. What about 'living space' - they may just like our climate.

I think any post that tries to either talk up or down the likely hood of an alien invasion is distinctly stupid. The fact that there are aliens out there with motives and needs that we can only blindly guess about is enough reason for us to remain on guard. Trying to say they 'will' or 'won't' invade is like an ant saying there is "no way humans will crush us because we don't have anything they want and it would be far too much hassle for them".

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89

When a being becomes spiritually advanced, they see existence in a different way, everything is precious and you live in harmony with your surroundings.

So in order to be an "advanced alien race" you would have to be spiritually evolved and employ the above things.

Hence no invasion....

Sorry, but what a load of rubbish. People who talk like that are so arrogant it is unbelievable! You are basically implying that you personally are more advanced than other 'beings' because you know these things. I would put forward, as have several notable scientists and thinkers, that aliens may have attained an advanced state by being exactly the opposite - by being absolutely merciless and violent. When humans have waged war we have advanced faster than ever. World War 2, in six years we went from cavalry and biplanes being widely used through to the first ballistic missiles and computers! Imagine if the war had continued? Sure, it is a fine line to if it destroyed the planet entirely, or just bred a super advanced, highly aggressive and violent technological society - but it could have gone either way. If it went the latter way I would hazard a guess that we would already be a true space faring civilisation. Maybe not a civilisation that many of us would like or be proud of, but one nonetheless.

People like you make the mistake of forcing your wishes, hopes and moral beliefs upon the universe around you - a big, and frankly laughable, mistake.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I'm not convinced that there are other sentient beings in our galaxy, but if there are, and I hope so. Then perhaps if we were invaded or attacked it would be simply a preemptive strike. One thought that I have had is that there. Could be another race out there that, because of a vast and bad history with alien contact, has decided that all other species who have the possible capability of becoming a threat in the future must be destroyed. If this was the case, they would either blow our planet up without a second though, or because of a sense of preservation for nonhuman life on earth, would simply attempt to only remove the human threat.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
How would we even know that we are face to face with an alien species? Most of us assume that they would arrive in spaceships. Maybe these aliens are able to move and live in space without the need of a star ship. Or maybe these aliens are able travel dimensionally and are already living amongst us as some aquatic creature for example. I think our preconceived notions of what contact with aliens would be like is probably completely different than what would actually happen.
edit on 26-4-2012 by LuckyStrike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
to say something will NEVER occur is to demonstrate ones lack of understanding of the odds of probability.

There is a probability for everything. In so far as we know the universe is infinite until we can find a finite border to it. So therefore there is a probability that Aliens MAY one day invade this planet.

Will it happen this week, this year, or this millennium??? How the hell would I know i'm not a soothsayer.

What I DO know however is anybody making a thread like this on a site like this is looking for attention and attention alone. So feed the ego maniac with your debates. I'm off to engaged in productive research.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

If aliens were in search of physical resources, they would just come and take them. Do we not just stroll in and take eggs from chickens?

Maybe the aliens have another "resource" in mind, such as observance of our species. Maybe we are their "sea monkeys".

We assume that the aliens who have visited us have done so as a whole society. What if they were just soloist visitors? I can go outside and observe ants, maybe even burn them with a magnifying glass for "fun", do I represent our whole society?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OliArtist

Originally posted by hoonsince89

Hence no invasion....

Sorry, but what a load of rubbish. People who talk like that are so arrogant it is unbelievable! You are basically implying that you personally are more advanced than other 'beings' because you know these things. I would put forward, as have several notable scientists and thinkers, that aliens may have attained an advanced state by being exactly the opposite - by being absolutely merciless and violent. When humans have waged war we have advanced faster than ever. World War 2, in six years we went from cavalry and biplanes being widely used through to the first ballistic missiles and computers! Imagine if the war had continued? Sure, it is a fine line to if it destroyed the planet entirely, or just bred a super advanced, highly aggressive and violent technological society - but it could have gone either way. If it went the latter way I would hazard a guess that we would already be a true space faring civilisation. Maybe not a civilisation that many of us would like or be proud of, but one nonetheless.

People like you make the mistake of forcing your wishes, hopes and moral beliefs upon the universe around you - a big, and frankly laughable, mistake.

Just expressing my view point.. and that is arrogant?

Not implying that i am "more advanced" than anyone else, i did say human, i am human, i am no better than anyone else.

I said we are not spiritually evolved, because we are not. How many people know how to utilize their astral bodies? or Prana/Chi? etc, virtually know one.

People like you make the mistake of assuming the way others act, imposing negativity on ones beliefs.
"- a big, and frankly laughable, mistake."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join