It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens will never invade us...heres why!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fuserleer

I have news for you, they've already invaded us and one of them has taken the form of my mother-in-law!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
reply to post by EddieCusak

All aliens believe in a higher power.

Read my post just before this....
"I see a lot of assuming in this thread"

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuserleer

What if we are their drug? Perhaps they want to juice our brains and nervous system to extract some particular neurotransmitter not available in less cerebral creatures?

What if we are their favorite food?

What if they have needs that are not simply biological and chemical, and that we fulfill?

What if we are the ammunition or fodder in a larger conflict?

What if our brains are particularly useful as guidance systems in their weapons or perhaps they need some sort of psychic capability of our brains for their weapons?

What if they need particular organisms as test subjects in their scientific experiments?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

If aliens exist, then they must either exist as the stuff that I've read, in which case they have admitted that they believe in God.

Is it possible for aliens to come here, but without believing in God? Well perhaps, but when you can traverse space, then you must be coming very very close(if not possessing them already) what appears to be "miraculous or god-like," e.g teleportation, mind-reading, invisibility technology or ability, in which case, you might as well assume that they believe in them(if not even are themselves).

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I've been doing some reading on this topic, and the general consensus is that if an alien species were to invade our planet, given what we know about other planets already, it would probably be an invasion of mechanical computerized drones that were here to harvest the chlorophyll in our plants and the proteins in our organisms. The distances involved in space travel are so vast that unless the aliens were extremely long lived it wouldn't be worth it for them to bring their bodies here.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How much longer is this going to take?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWarrior17

How about the fact we are totally destroying the planet. We didn't really start seeing or hearing about aliens or space craft until we lit off the big one in the dessert and sent a freaking major shock wave into the universe. They probably thought "oh chit the kids found the matches lets go see what their up to". It's an intervention I think. We are out of control and irresponsible. Check this video out from a french psychic 1980, it's quite disturbing to me.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-4-2012 by TheWarrior17 because: wrong link

Wow, that guy was pretty accurate for the stuff so far. I'm actually concerned with his track record.
Predicting the end of the soviet union, Chernobyl, 911, electric cars (although it was implied we would all have them
, and the election of a "black man" as president. So with that track record, his "encounter" incident for 2012 is pretty scary.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here's another reason they won't invade: damn near all alien civilizations don't even know we exist. Maybe we're not as important as we think we are. How would anyone even begin to search for us? Maybe aliens came to Earth in the past as a pit stop before heading off to a better world. Maybe they fly by every once in a while and point at Earth and say, "hey, didn't we land there at one point." The other alien says, "I don't know, I'm trying to watch where we're going."

The most important thing is to not worry about it. If I were an alien flying around and I knew there was a planet full of people who were terrified of an invasion, I would swoop down, freak everybody out, leave, and tell my friends about it.
edit on 4/25/2012 by renegade1179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

reply to post by miniatus

Good argument....but...

My logic isnt flawed by the classification system. Its a measure of advancement, progression, acheivement etc, 0 meaning low, 2 meaning high, a classification system is that by definition.

Change the numbers if you like, the meaning is the same, something else is better than the other depending where it lives in that scale.

Humans invented the number 1, for a single occurance of something.....again a classification, does that make our math flawed? and 1 + 1 doesnt equal 2?

You're comparing math to a civilization advancement system.. I don't think we could even fairly assume that aliens have the same concept of mathematics as we do, they might find it quaint or not even understand it.. that's another assumption.. but yes you can't relate math with the simple civilization classification system.. that was created by a man who had an idea for utopia and that was how he viewed how our progression should go. You can't assume for sone single solitary moment that arc would apply to a civilization disconnected from our own =) ..

There are fundamentals of size and properties ie. mathematics that are universal in nature. The symbols might be different but the values remain, and it starts with an atom or even a known smaller component, but still with any graduation there would be a base property, thus a base number or unit. Matchsticks, dollars, quarks, protons, photons infinitum.

So I'm not agreeing with the assumption that mathematics would not be present in some form no matter the name.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The only real reasons I could see a super advanced civilization attacking Earth are:

1) Manifest Destiny. Perhaps they see other intelligence species as an anathema to their existence. They see it as their duty to eliminate those different from themselves That is, if they see our point in development as 'intelligent'.

2) Religious. Humanity is surely not the only species to develop religion. This is similar to point 1. Just the reasoning is slightly different.

3) They're assholes.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I believe that where the Earth is on any intergalactic/multi dimensional map there is a big bio hazard sign where our planet should be with a little warning about this rock and it's inhabitants. I suspect we are the Tijuana of planets. Dirty, polluted, disease ridden who would be interested in owning property here. I am sure as far as intergalactic real estate goes we rank up there with Detroit's inner city. Most humans would jump at the chance to get off this rock themselves if they just had the means. If they show up it will big for the donkey show. We will be watched and laughed at just like the Jerry Springer Show. We are the universal "Just say no" poster child.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
QUOTE minitus************
I guess the point I'm trying to drive home is that it's not safe to say Aliens would "NEVER" invade us.. you have many good reasons why it might be considerably less likely.. but it's really going to depend on the motivations for even making the trek in the first place.. what is their situation when they arrive? are they in dire need of a new home? resources? or ... scarier still .. food? .. livestock? as in us primitive things scampering around on the surface killing everything else =)
UNQUOTE**********

Also, something else occurred to me, .....as I was listening to a program today, it was mentioned about oil and the various places it was drilled/harvested, and the person made reference to it as so plentiful and equated it to the 'Blood' of the earth........... Blood...? , perhaps in a way it is, what if an alien planet and race needed a transfusion to save their planet from death. To prevent a ......uh...Mars..!? hmmm?

edit on 25-4-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Just as I believe people who think we are the most advanced life in the universe (despite me being a God fearing Christian, I am not so arrogant as to believe we are anything more than just another speck of life in the cosmos), I also believe there is no way we are the galactic bungalow. Our world may not be well off, but God only knows how #ty other worlds out there have gotten thanks to even #tier occupants.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Just because some fancy science/philosopher man thought up type 0,1,2,etc... Doesn't make it the ONLY WAY for an alien race to be rated. If humans where a multi dimensional and ultimate energy based species and we managed to find ourselves in the middle of an alien war or seeing them destroy their planet, would we intervene . Hell yeah we would, or at least we would vote on a council to determine what the Appropriate course of action would be. We wouldent let a civilization fall to ashes and dust, neither would they; of course the odds of finding that warring planet or earth for that matter is slim, doesn't mean they'd just pass on by in ignorance. Think about what we would do if the roles were reversed, We would help and not act all holier then thow at least that's what I would do if I was a fleet commander in our hypothetical universe.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think the only plausable reason is...

"If this was the case, I would imagine that we would be contacted first, and attempt to work out a deal to co-exist, you wouldnt come blowing up the very planet that you wanted to live on if it was the only one in range, that would be rather idiotic! "

My question is, how do you know that this isn't currently happening? There are a lot of theories about how the aliens are working with the government, etc... etc.. similar to the X-files main plot. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Greetings,

Hmmm..... everyone wonders why Alien want to invade Earth.....?? Has anyone considered what advance race would need.......??

1)Resources........?? nah they have plenty of asteroids and dead planets for that..........

2)Slaves.........?? robots are better..........

3)Souls..........??

4)Knowledge...........?? hmm...... interesting perspective but cannot be fathomed at the moment.......

5)Civil Obedience........?? Hmm....... could be....... because it has been observed that every organism living in groups or some sort of society need/Expand its domain.... or else the group dies or splits and turn against each other......

Let me explain: Throughout history...... it has been observed that when once a civilization stop expanding..... it eventually crumbles under its own weight........ For any civilization that is many thousand years old....... will suffer same problems.... whether its space faring or not civilization.......Citizen have to be kept focused toward a mission or a higher goal for the group or the civilization as a whole........so that they do not turn on each other..........

So in order to keep their people in line alien governments came up with a plan..... regular events........ like regular war event or regular expansion..... Despite many downsides of war......... It is a great Unifier...... It unifies the citizen like no other event.... not even disaster can unify with the same strength as war does.........

Not even economy can drive citizens..... like war does...... nothing can be compared to the ecstasy a war brings...... though at high price but still its ecstasy....... You can see it happening here on earth..... not only among Human but among all creatures that have some form of social structure.....

Yeah yeah.... I have heard that Humans are a fighting and cruel race....... well every race that does not fight.......would never reach enough consciousness and order to reach the stars......... and would eventually be destroyed....... only fighting races can reach the stars...... because they learn from their mistakes..... and improve themselves...... and rest who do not fight are LEMONS....!!

Even the monks learned to fight.... and they learned it the hard way.... by Fighting.......!! not by meditating.......!!

So moral of the story : Aliens could invade us to keep their citizens in line......... And the only reason they have not yet invaded us because they consider our tech to be very very low or are busy with war else where.....

Primus............

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Because they (the Aliens) don't want to interfere with Human's karma.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

they want gold for bling bling

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Your argument and "evidence" are very weak. You act like everyone who has killed someone has always had a reason too. Aliens do not need any reason to wipe us out if they wanted to other than just seeing us as a threat. It does not matter how advanced we are or that we still use oil and gas to fuel our engines. In real life more often than not when you are threatened by something for whatever reason you try to get rid of it. For example take a wasp's nest somewhere out in the middle of some unexplored jungle. All of a sudden you show up within 3 feet of it. The wasp's have nothing to gain from stinging you repeatedly. They feel like you are a threat to themselves and will probably attack you for no other reason. Now whats to say aliens are not this wasp nest and we (earth) is not you.
edit on 25-4-2012 by parkwoods21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

@ BiggerPicture

true, but you can bet your life on it that the invading parties wouldn't have if the fight was fair.

In history its always been an grossly unfair fight where colonization is concerned. And no matter who came here, that disadvantage to us (if any) wouldnt be that great.

You can't take over a planet with air supremacy alone, you gotta get down and dirty on the ground at some point, and theres were any technological, mass destructive weaponry is no use.....then its a real fight, and its a fight we could stand up to!
edit on 24-4-2012 by fuserleer because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2012 by fuserleer because: (no reason given)

What about biological warfare? Could they not simple create a disease that they are immune to but we are not? Poof! Good-bye humans, hello new home.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join